Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

angerbeet posted:

I see Hell and Bach is still the best investigation mission in the game
Fixed that for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

In order to summon a given lair boss, five people must possess the summon item.
So pretty much the same as the old game then. Thanks.

Morglon posted:

I can't hit the basic vampires in the last zone for poo poo which is super odd since I rarely if ever miss anything else, even other vampires but the basic dudes three out of four hits will either glance or they evade which makes doing the last hand full of quests I have open super tedious.
They buff themselves to have super high defences, use a purge.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Protip if you're in the AH and alt-tabbing a lot: If you click in the text box before you alt-tab, you won't close out your open windows.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

So pretty much the same as the old game then. Thanks.

What? No!

In the old game only one person needed it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is it a single item that just drops or does each player need to complete a puzzle to make it happen?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I can't seem to find a TSWL info site or anything so I figured I'd ask here:

How effectively can Blood, Elemental, and Chaos magic combine with eachother? I want to be as flashy as possible and not be a primary tank or primary healer. hybrid is fine tho

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

What? No!

In the old game only one person needed it.
Am I thinking of the region bosses or something then? I'm sure I remember something requiring five people to summon. :confused:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

boho posted:

I can't seem to find a TSWL info site or anything so I figured I'd ask here:

How effectively can Blood, Elemental, and Chaos magic combine with eachother? I want to be as flashy as possible and not be a primary tank or primary healer. hybrid is fine tho

There is no such thing as synergies between weapons anymore. Every weapon is isolated and all passives are strictly for their corresponding weapon. The dumbest loving decision they made. Babies complained that the skill wheel was so loving mind blowing that they couldn't handle it so they dumbed down the entire system to be as braindead and safe as possible. They put so little thought into it that if you are using Rifle abilities but didn't slot a grenade ability you will just constantly explode for no reason. Also for reasons unknown we can only slot six actives and six passives now and force you to have a basic attack so your options are total poo poo.

Pilchenstein posted:

Am I thinking of the region bosses or something then? I'm sure I remember something requiring five people to summon. :confused:

They required five people to summon every lair boss. But only one person needed to have the ritual to start it. There appears to be no puzzle pieces anymore as well as it looks like you just do the lair quest and then do the summon with five. Lairs are the source of signets so getting a five man group that can burn down 200k+ health mobs is the new life of things.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Drinkfist posted:

Lairs are the source of signets so getting a five man group that can burn down 200k+ health mobs is the new life of things.
How hard do they hit?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Drinkfist posted:

There is no such thing as synergies between weapons anymore. Every weapon is isolated and all passives are strictly for their corresponding weapon. The dumbest loving decision they made. Babies complained that the skill wheel was so loving mind blowing that they couldn't handle it so they dumbed down the entire system to be as braindead and safe as possible. They put so little thought into it that if you are using Rifle abilities but didn't slot a grenade ability you will just constantly explode for no reason. Also for reasons unknown we can only slot six actives and six passives now and force you to have a basic attack so your options are total poo poo.
oh so it's Guild Wars 2

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Richard M Nixon posted:

Just got into a shambala with a p2w tank on the other team wielding an anima infused hammer and shotgun. Killed 3 people while taking almost no damage. We get items no matter what, but gently caress.

When anima-infused weapons "catch up" to standard weapons, do they stop gaining more power per level? Or do they just keep getting better after a certain point?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Accurate assessment... except they only give you FIVE passive slots, so it's even worse than you say.

Edit:
vvv
If you mean the stat passives, they're universal.

Amante fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 13, 2017

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Drinkfist posted:

Even the circle passives are isolated by weapon? I know the question sounds stupid but we're talking Funcom here.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Richard M Nixon posted:

Or is there a 'link TSW account' or something similar under account services? You have to click that button. If the button isn't there (like in screenshot) then you've either linked it and somehow are bugged, or you're not using the same credentials.

I still have the TSW Legacy Transfer button, but I have already clicked it and pressed confirm—just did it again—and it said "Your transfer has been completed successfully!". Nothing is showing up in-game despite using the same credentials, however.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Drinkfist posted:

Adding to this: You have a primary weapon and a secondary; you have to slot one 'basic' ability from your primary that doesn't use energy. Your secondary weapon gains energy at half the rate of your primary (which means it'd be nice to use a basic ability for your secondary, obviously).

This leads to plenty of trap options like using a sword as your secondary- you'd charge your chi sword slower/less often, have to slot an ability to activate it, and then have half the energy to actually attack with your spirit blade as you would with a sword as your primary. Maybe there's some value in letting your chi tick over into the self heal with sword as your secondary.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SplitSoul posted:

I still have the TSW Legacy Transfer button, but I have already clicked it and pressed confirm—just did it again—and it said "Your transfer has been completed successfully!". Nothing is showing up in-game despite using the same credentials, however.

Are you using the same character gender?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Having to waste a slot on spirit blade is dumb but sword is still good.

boho posted:

oh so it's Guild Wars 2

Ouch.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

You forgot the heavily mutated genetically-engineered vampire communists. For shame.

Immortal vampire cosmonaut

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Just got into a shambala with a p2w tank on the other team wielding an anima infused hammer and shotgun. Killed 3 people while taking almost no damage. We get items no matter what, but gently caress.

Glance tank lives! :v:

I could kill anyone in Fusang that wasn't a healbot with roughly the same gear as me except for glance tanks :emo:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

DancingShade posted:

Glance tank lives! :v:

I could kill anyone in Fusang that wasn't a healbot with roughly the same gear as me except for glance tanks :emo:

With such easy self-healing, if glance tanks are still a thing they will be basically impossible to kill and PVP will be unbearable.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
In as Hiroboy for my username. Characters nick is Weebslayer if that matters. doing the intro now!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

With such easy self-healing, if glance tanks are still a thing they will be basically impossible to kill and PVP will be unbearable.

Yeah I've been considering just stacking glance & defence on my trickster with attack talismans just to see what the outcome is.

Well I'll need a hit one in there somewhere too I guess.

My glyphs are currently a joke but I'll make that my plan once I'm in full purples.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Huh was able to do elite with with a purple HP talisman and a mid level blue talisman + Anima Potion. I had a off-healer wtih AR and a dedicated healer but we managed to do it!

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

If you mean me, I wasn't even using AR, just pure shotgun DPS the whole time. Elite 1 is actually not that hard, and more goons should be queuing for it!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

If you mean me, I wasn't even using AR, just pure shotgun DPS the whole time. Elite 1 is actually not that hard, and more goons should be queuing for it!

Soon brah. Level 44 as of this morning

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Were old TSW accounts tied to Steam accounts? I tried logging in the standalone client with what I thought were my credentials, but even after clicking the "import from TSW" button under account I didn't unlock all the weapons. Either I remembered a different Funcom account or the transfer didn't work.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hypocrisy posted:

Are you using the same character gender?

Yes.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Is there any central guide to not screwing yourself over with glyphs? I'm planning to tank endgame content and I might spec in or out of Kneecapper, so I know I need some hit and some defense rating and some ??? but I have no idea how to allocate my actual talisman slots.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

Were old TSW accounts tied to Steam accounts? I tried logging in the standalone client with what I thought were my credentials, but even after clicking the "import from TSW" button under account I didn't unlock all the weapons. Either I remembered a different Funcom account or the transfer didn't work.

Pretty sure you need to reach Agartha/Kingsmouth before you can receive your account transfer unlocks.

They'll be there though, waiting for you.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Pretty sure you need to reach Agartha/Kingsmouth before you can receive your account transfer unlocks.

That's where mine popped available. Before reaching there, the option for delivered items didn't show up at all.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

M_Sinistrari posted:

That's where mine popped available. Before reaching there, the option for delivered items didn't show up at all.

That was my experience too. I was worried at first but figured it was probably behind a tutorial gate or something.

Which fortunately ended up being correct. It would have been a good thing to put in the SWL FAQ :v:

(of course I was all the way into Kingsmouth before I realised I could get my stuff and others have said that you can collect it soon as you hit Agartha so I assume I was just slow on the uptake)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

That was my experience too. I was worried at first but figured it was probably behind a tutorial gate or something.

Which fortunately ended up being correct. It would have been a good thing to put in the SWL FAQ :v:

(of course I was all the way into Kingsmouth before I realised I could get my stuff and others have said that you can collect it soon as you hit Agartha so I assume I was just slow on the uptake)

With my first character, I didn't even think about it until I heard people complaining in chat that the delivery was slow and didn't even look until I was a few quests in at Kingsmouth. My other two, I was missing a lot of the menu options until Agartha and whatever I was missing after that was available at Kingsmouth.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Androc posted:

Is there any central guide to not screwing yourself over with glyphs? I'm planning to tank endgame content and I might spec in or out of Kneecapper, so I know I need some hit and some defense rating and some ??? but I have no idea how to allocate my actual talisman slots.
You can glyph straight Defense and be fine in terms of viability, but I've read that a fairly even mix of Defense and Evade is good if you want to use stuff like Kneecapper without potentially capping on stats.

This isn't counting Hit of course, which both DPS and tanks need. One maxed out Intricate (3-pip) Hit glyph will cover your needs long term. Best way to get there seems to be a Simple (2-pip) Hit glyph on one piece of gear and an Intricate on another, taking them both to Mythic, and then fusing the Simple into the Intricate to take it to Legendary.

Amante fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 14, 2017

kverkules
Nov 10, 2012
Does cache rewards scale with level or can I just spend my keys as I get them?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

They scale, so save your keys until level 50.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All I ever got from cache rewards were the new gamble box consolation prize currency (I can't be bothered checking what it buys) and upgrade consumables.

That being said I'm quite happy to get the upgrade consumables.

Actually I got one blue weapon, which I melted into the upgrade pot to see if it was worth doing. It wasn't.

(obviously this is all from the month of patron I bought since I never lifetimed in Ye Olde TSW)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

You can glyph straight Defense and be fine in terms of viability, but I've read that a fairly even mix of Defense and Evade is good if you want to use stuff like Kneecapper without potentially capping on stats.

This isn't counting Hit of course, which both DPS and tanks need. One maxed out Intricate (3-pip) Hit glyph will cover your needs long term. Best way to get there seems to be a Simple (2-pip) Hit glyph on one piece of gear and an Intricate on another, taking them both to Mythic, and then fusing the Simple into the Intricate to take it to Legendary.

I've been assured that evade is trash and not worth using though. I couldn't get any reason why it's trash just that it's trash.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
So how do i buy patron anyway?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

DancingShade posted:

Yeah I got to Agartha and no dice. The delivery box worked for the login reward but was otherwise empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
There's button at the bottom of the delivery box in Menu > Delivered Items that says something like Claim TSW Items. If that's not there when you hit Kingsmouth you got problems.