Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
5 starred Lando. Shall i keep sharding him or go for the next person on the Cantina Battle list? (which happens to be Wedge, which is unavailable as he drops in world 6, while i am stuck in world 4)

I am assuming that in general it is better to go to the next hero on the list once i 4-5* various heroes so i have a versatile roster of dudes, instead of a couple 7*. (On the other hand, 7* unlocks raids and shard shop) (It sucks seeing all those raid prompts in guild info and not being able to participate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's good to get at least one character to 7* so you can start getting Han shards and the other rewards. After that 5* is good for most leveling up, work on 6*'ing a team when you want to do some serious raiding.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is Raid Han good for anything?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Shooting first.

I'm serious, btw.

Probably more, but I only recently unlocked him.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

UmOk posted:

He's a scoundrel so there is that at least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Shooting first.

I'm serious, btw.

Probably more, but I only recently unlocked him.

yeah he's got a niche in P4 rebels AAT raid.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
With the recent bug fixes, is the first zeta advice still to do Zader or is there a new hotness?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Inimicul posted:

With the recent bug fixes, is the first zeta advice still to do Zader or is there a new hotness?

Zader is a good, versatile choice, especially if you prioritize raids and have complimentary pieces like Sid, Boba Fett, TFP, etc.

If your roster is more light side heavyc it's basically impossible to go wrong with number crunch on R2D2. Especially if you're Resistance-curious. Wiggs/Chaze/R2 is a killer arena team too. He fits with Jedi he's great with Rebels, put him anywhere and he's gonna own. And if you're Arena-ing with him, the other zeta is solid too.

zQGJ is old hotness, but if you have a bunch of the better Jedi including GK, he can do a ton for you.

Beyond those choices, it gets a bit more complicated. In general, leaning in to your roster with Zetas is never a bad choice.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Especially if you're Resistance-curious.

I tried them once in college when I was drunk

I might put together a zeta tier list tomorrow if I'm bored at work. It's a pretty huge game decision and it seems like it would be helpful. I don't know if somebody's already made one on reddit or something

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 13, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
If you have a resistance team, i think that Finn's zeta is the best investment. With one zeta toon, you get

- an awesone HAAT team for phases 2, 3 and 4. Second in damage after clones in P2 (better than rebels), great damage in P3 if you have R2, great damage in P4 (3rd best team i think)
- a team that will finish GW every day without problems. Maybe even without giving a turn to the other teams.
- an arena team that can climb up the ranks quickly (5 wins a day) but also drops as fast since the AI is an idiot. If you have a good payout time on your shard, you can even get top 5 daily, but be prepared to climb up the next day.
- a team that will 3 star you all the hard mode light side battles
- A team that will get you some shiny speed mods.

I don't see a single zeta that is this versatile, but keep in mind that you really need the other resistance toons geared and ready to go, poe needs to be modded for speed (at least 250) and potency for them to shine.

I don't have them myself, went with jedi and to be honest, I have bitter regrets.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Is it me, or has the changes to power made Galactic Chore more difficult? I used to be able to complete the last node relatively often. I'd have to sacrifice my G11/G10 Rebels team and then finish them off with another two or three second string G9/G8 teams. Now, it seems like every last node is some unbeatable horror meta.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone been using Zam in their bounty hunter/scoundrel team? I've got her (it?) 7* and with Boba as lead I was thinking of also getting Greedo up to 7* to take advantage of Boba's leader ability with thermal detonators.

I dropped 7* Dengar cause I can't figure out what he is good for besides the occasional stun.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

Is it me, or has the changes to power made Galactic Chore more difficult? I used to be able to complete the last node relatively often. I'd have to sacrifice my G11/G10 Rebels team and then finish them off with another two or three second string G9/G8 teams. Now, it seems like every last node is some unbeatable horror meta.

Possibly. GW is based on power scores but the new power scores aren't very good. In my experience, it's actually made my GW easier.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Territory battles sound fun, in theory. Still waiting for a raid or w/e that combines ships and characters.

Ships have gotten pretty stale at this point. You just need them for the zeta and to help get ship shop currency. I'd like to see them actually do something with them.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Popete posted:

Has anyone been using Zam in their bounty hunter/scoundrel team? I've got her (it?) 7* and with Boba as lead I was thinking of also getting Greedo up to 7* to take advantage of Boba's leader ability with thermal detonators.

I dropped 7* Dengar cause I can't figure out what he is good for besides the occasional stun.

Thermal detonators are the worst game mechanic ever. With all the tenacity/cleansing going on, don't bother, it really isn't viable at all. You'd be wasting precious gear on Zam Wessel instead of using it on a good toon.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

7 star Palpatine battle was way easier than I was expecting. I've been prepping my Rebels for 2 weeks in prep. Guess I went over board. 3 starred it in less than 30 seconds

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

thrawn527 posted:

7 star Palpatine battle was way easier than I was expecting. I've been prepping my Rebels for 2 weeks in prep. Guess I went over board. 3 starred it in less than 30 seconds

Same

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Ugh I don't want to farm Luke until I know for sure it'll be worth it, but by the time I know that for sure it'll be too late.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Ugh I don't want to farm Luke until I know for sure it'll be worth it, but by the time I know that for sure it'll be too late.

JUST FARM

JUST FARM

JUST FARM

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

JUST FARM

JUST FARM

JUST FARM

You know I will.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

You know I will.

Hell, I hope he is required, just so I feel better about farming him back in like January/February of 2016.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Chilichimp posted:

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: JUST FARM JUST FARM JUST FARM

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Emperor Buddy Pal event question: I currently have 4 dudes that can participate but can swap my shard farming around to get a 5th during the event which means i can do 3* event (presumably). This won't unlock Palpatine but from what i understand this event comes around every so often. Can i accumulate shards for him over several events or is each tier of the event only doable once per account?
If i cannot do them again next time (and earn shards then as well) there is not much point in doing it now since i won't be able to unlock him at all for this event but by the next event ill probably be much stronger and will be able to get the 5* event done (if not higher)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 14, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's cumulative and you get as many goes as you want so absolutely throw whatever ragtag group you can at it and see what works, or at least how far you still have to go. You've nothing to lose by trying.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cactus posted:

It's cumulative and you get as many goes as you want so absolutely throw whatever ragtag group you can at it and see what works, or at least how far you still have to go. You've nothing to lose by trying.

But also, if all you can clear is the 3 or 4 star tier, it's okay not to drop everything to farm to clear that.

The Palpatine event comes every few months. You get unlimited attempts (while it's open) for each stage, but each stage can only be completed once. Ever. Lifetime. The rewards are designed to accumulate in such a way that completing the 5* version (+ lower tiers) unlocks the character at 5 stars, 6 star gets you his 6th star, and completing all seven tiers gets you a 7* Palpatine and enough credits to promote him up.

Don't sweat the thing now. In two months, you'll have Biggs and Wedge at 7* along with Saint Han the Blessed and Lando and some other rebel and will be able to ace the event easily.

(For reference, Yoda recurs on alternating months with Palpatine, and has the same structure but requires five Jedi. He's much less of a big deal than Palp unless you're all in on a Jedi team. R2D2 and Thrawn also share this structure for Empire (R2) and Phoenix Squad (Thrawn) characters, but it's not as clear when those two events are returning. It took 6 months after Palp and Yoda first appeared for them to come back and then become bimonthly. Whether that happened because they felt people had waited long enough, or because they've learned their lesson and R2 and Thrawn will return sooner is currently anybodies guess.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great, thanks. Not going to bother with Palpie at all this time then and rather grab him the next time he shows up.

Another question: What is the shard drop chance on 8 energy cantina battles? Aka how many crystals will it hypothetically cost me to 7* Lando?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

But also, if all you can clear is the 3 or 4 star tier, it's okay not to drop everything to farm to clear that.

Yes, but also.. Getting Palp into your roster even at 3 stars means you can start to level and gear him up and have him ready for use shortly after the event next rolls around, assuming of course you do that after finishing getting your rebels sorted.

That said, this, is in general, good advice; don't drop what you're doing for whatever sparkly new event they throw up. They're always designed to get you almost there and most of the time you need to drop money to get whatever is on offer to a usable standard on the first go around.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Great, thanks. Not going to bother with Palpie at all this time then and rather grab him the next time he shows up.

Another question: What is the shard drop chance on 8 energy cantina battles? Aka how many crystals will it hypothetically cost me to 7* Lando?

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/CantinaPlanner

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cactus posted:

Yes, but also.. Getting Palp into your roster even at 3 stars means you can start to level and gear him up and have him ready for use shortly after the event next rolls around, assuming of course you do that after finishing getting your rebels sorted.

That said, this, is in general, good advice; don't drop what you're doing for whatever sparkly new event they throw up. They're always designed to get you almost there and most of the time you need to drop money to get whatever is on offer to a usable standard on the first go around.

You can't get Palp at 3 stars though. 5 is the minimum to actually unlock him.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks

The tool honestly doesn't make much sense for me, particularly the "Cantina Character Progress" figure at the bottom. It doesn't change with the same amounts as Shard Count further up does

My Lando is 5* with 15/85 towards 6*. That should mean i am lacking 170 shards. The tool states my Cantina Character Progress is 85 shards if i input 15/85 above.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks

The tool honestly doesn't make much sense for me, particularly the "Cantina Character Progress" figure at the bottom. It doesn't change with the same amounts as Shard Count further up does

My Lando is 5* with 15/85 towards 6*. That should mean i am lacking 170 shards. The tool states my Cantina Character Progress is 85 shards if i input 15/85 above.

"Cantina Character Progress" is how many shards of a character you'll be able to buy from the cantina Store (so, say Boba) by finishing the character you plug into the calculator.

So, for example, what it's telling you is that Lando to 7* will take 25 days. If you spend 100 crystals once per day to refresh cantina energy, it drops to 15 days. 200 crystals per day? 11 days. 300 crystals per day? 8 days.

When you get Lando to 7*, you'll also have earned enough cantina currency to buy 85 shards of another character from the shop. And half a million credits.

Alternately, if you were to farm Lando on his 12 energy tier 5 node (don't do this), it would take 38 (/22/16/12) days to get to seven stars. BUT, you'll have earned enough currency to by 135 character shards, 2.3 million credits, and 600,000 shipbux.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 14, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

You can't get Palp at 3 stars though. 5 is the minimum to actually unlock him.

Okay 5 then. All I'm saying is there are good arguments for and against waiting till you can 7star him and ultimately it's down to whatever personal list of priorities you have in your own head is most important to you - and that's going to depend on whether you're after Palp as a support character for your rebel team, or if you intend to go full empire and use him as the backbone of your arena squad.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cactus posted:

Okay 5 then. All I'm saying is there are good arguments for and against waiting till you can 7star him and ultimately it's down to whatever personal list of priorities you have in your own head is most important to you - and that's going to depend on whether you're after Palp as a support character for your rebel team, or if you intend to go full empire and use him as the backbone of your arena squad.

Sure but then you're giving advice irrelevant to the question asked, as a fifth 5 star rebel is out of reach in time! I wouldn't disagree at all that dropping other stuff to unlock Palp can be a good idea. Just not relevant here!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sure but then you're giving advice irrelevant to the question asked, as a fifth 5 star rebel is out of reach in time! I wouldn't disagree at all that dropping other stuff to unlock Palp can be a good idea. Just not relevant here!

Eh, fair enough. I was trying to remember when I got him around christmas last year I think it was. I had just enough time to get wedge to 6 stars, so Palp was at 6 stars for ages and in retrospect I wish I'd settled for getting him at 5 stars, and used all the energy I would've put into getting my rebels to 6 each into starting farming my empire team earlier, because I stopped using my rebels regularly shortly after getting him.

Maybe not so much now, but at the time a 5-star Palp geared enough was still competitive in an empire team. By the time the event rolled around again I would've had plenty of time to detour and finish the last 2 stars on the rebel guys, while enjoying the use of a more developed empire team surrounding a slightly-weaker-but-not-for-long Palp.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Emperor Buddy Pal event question: I currently have 4 dudes that can participate but can swap my shard farming around to get a 5th during the event which means i can do 3* event (presumably). This won't unlock Palpatine but from what i understand this event comes around every so often. Can i accumulate shards for him over several events or is each tier of the event only doable once per account?
If i cannot do them again next time (and earn shards then as well) there is not much point in doing it now since i won't be able to unlock him at all for this event but by the next event ill probably be much stronger and will be able to get the 5* event done (if not higher)

It doesn't really matter unless you can unlock him.

Ineptitude posted:

Drop chances are the same, but since you get more chances at 8 energy per, you farm them a lot faster. Careful, though, this can burn your sim tickets.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah i play manually (using 4x speed and the auto button) so no worries about spending all my sim tickets.

I use my sim tickets for challenges i have 3*'ed that take a long time to do. Lando's cantina battle in world 1 goes by super fast with aoe skills clearing the whole room so it doesn't take long to burn through my cantina energy.

It is tempting to use all my crystals and go for 7* Lando (and get a 6* Bobba at the same time). Is it a good idea to have a single 7* and a bunch of 3's and 4's or should my roster be more balanced? Will GW be tuned towards me having 7* dudes if i have a single one or does it look at my total power level or some such? Lando is by far my MVP time and time again in GW yet i always struggle with the last few battles. Being able to clear GW every day would get me 50% more Biggs shards, so if 7*'ing lando would help me achieve that instead of turning GW into a rape train full of enemy 7*'s i think i am doing it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You should be pursuing the recommended characters to 7*

The lone exception being Luminara who can park at 5 while you farm biggs.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Once you start a toon, get him to 7* unless it's a lovely guy that will last you for 50 player levels, like luminara for example. Some toons are good only with other ones, so don't farm i dunno, K2 without pairing him with cassian.

But get a good squad to 7*, and more importantly gear them up to gear 10. I can't stress enough that gear is what makes a toon shine, stars are there to get them into raids.

The best you can do in the long run is to pick teams that perform well in a certain phase of the HAAT, and concentrate on that.(resistance is your best team at the moment)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Just another small suggestion: if you get a chance while you're leveling up, you may want to run some First Order nodes (FOTP and FOST). I've been working on them in order to finish their mod challenge and it's miserable doing a hero from unlock to 5 stars going 6-9 attempts per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I put a first draft of a zeta guide on the goon sheet (link in the OP). Veterans feel free to give me feedback and point out dumb mistakes. New players: hope you find the info helpful.