Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

Blorknorg posted:

So kind of a dumb question because the internet seems to have vague information on how dual wield works.

Let's say I have two excaliburs, one Brotherhood (Tidus TM, water element) and one Aqua Blade (TM, water element).

Would it be better for chaining/damage purposes to have an Orlandu with two excaliburs, and a Tidus with the two water weapons, or is it better to switch it up so each would have one water weapon and one holy weapon? Basically does having an elemental weapon in one hand apply that element to all outgoing attacks, or is each attack a separate elemental thing?

Also does anyone happen to know some idiot easymode way of killing dark siren and ifrit on the elite level? I have some fairly solid units after playing for nearly a year now but I'm still getting smashed.

Sadly, both answers are "no". The game averages the elements of the weapons you are using, so it is best suggested that you only use a single elemental weapon and then a non elemental weapon when dual wielding. For example you have Aileen equip Artisan (Earth) and then Aqua Blade (Water), assuming you use Piledriver which lowers earth resistance by 50%, the overall damage will only be 125% because of the Aqua Blade. 100% + 150% / 2 = 125%

Whereas if you use Apocalypse (Non elemental) and Artisan, the damage will be 150% due to your attack only having earth element.

So because of that, if you have Orlandeau starting the chain, let him have Excalibur, then Tidus have the other Excalibur since the monster will already be weak to Light element after Divine Ruination. Besides, Quick Hit is Tidus best hitting move and it doesn't water imperil the enemy.

For Dark Espers Trial, can you list some of your units so I can suggest some for certain roles.

General Tips
- Water, Fire and Dark elemental resistance is required to survive, this means you need to setup your equipment and espers so you get a lot of resistances.
- Do not forget to debuff Dark Ifrit's ATK (And only ATK) otherwise you have a good chance of someone in your team dying every turn.
- Dispel every buff you see being performed, otherwise you die the next turn. After using Dispel, reapply the ATK debuff to Ifrit.
- It is suggested to kill Dark Ifrit first.
- If you damage them too greatly (Hitting two HP theresholds in a single turn, they are 70%, 50% and 30%) you will automatically die.

Lastly there are some people who share their "solo carry units" but I do not suggest using them as you do not learn anything except "bigger ATK to stab until dead" which doesn't teach you how mechanics in this game work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So is it finish off Cid with a waterga, or just use it during the fight?
EDIT: Oh it's just use it. :effort: I guess I'll wait until a friend using Zyrus or Dark Fina pops up.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 14, 2017

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
My free daily pull today was Lunera! Feels good man

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought the ability enhancements were today :saddowns:

iloverice posted:

My free daily pull today was Lunera! Feels good man

enjoy globals enhanced ramza

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Called it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6n7r7a/yes_xons_twist_of_fate_works_on_cid/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It only lasts like two or three turns though, and famfrit or whatever has like a bajillion health.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Take a Tidus friend and use his 100% water buff. It's a skill and not green magic so you can still get the mission.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It was definitely not worth bringing Xon for because I really could have used the extra dps because yeah they have a lot of life to hack through without being able to fully exploit elemental debuffs. WoL tanking and Lilith healing/buffing was more than enough to handle what they threw at me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

enjoy globals enhanced ramza

Apparently she only has like a base 40% stat boost while singing on the global version right now which makes her actually WORSE than zangabath or whatever if you want a dedicated buffer and already have a tilith for refresh.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I never understood the hype about Xon's Twist of Fate, even before it turned out that stolen buffs only last 2 turns. Still, it was funny to see Tilith with 2000+ spr while it lasted. As a novelty or joke unit to make the game more amusing I can understand using Xon, but as a strategy I agree it would have been better to bring more dps instead.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 14, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently she only has like a base 40% stat boost while singing on the global version right now which makes her actually WORSE than zangabath or whatever if you want a dedicated buffer and already have a tilith for refresh.

thats still way better than ramza :v:

edit: actually lunera only getting the 40% buff makes me more convinced they're holding off ramza enhancements until roy since it seems pretty weird to give the awakening+1 of her just to roll out the big jump from 40-100% buffs in a few weeks on ramza, then making her wait a zillion years to get her 90% stat buff since that seems pretty recent in japan. but who knows, they might have decided to do that to make her mega budget ramza and then make you try to whale for roy still?

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 14, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah, what's up with that? Anyone know when they happen?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BDawg posted:

Yeah, what's up with that? Anyone know when they happen?

They said in the slide update "Mid July", which you would think meant today...let's hope the 21st still counts as mid July.

They said WOL would get upgraded in June and they waited till June 29th.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
come on ramza enhancements

i'm tm farming three iliases currently for a beastly one whenever he finally gets them

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the shitfit reddit is throwing over lunera "only" starting out with her +1 enhancement in global/making her the first actual bard unit is hilarious after i mentioned the other day how they're all convinced ramza without enhancements is fine. i guess a 40% single target attack debuff is more impressive than a pretty good magic nuker v:shobon:v

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Can confirm the new fight is piss easy with Tidus' Blitz Mania ability. Just don't bring any units with innate negative water resistance. Also bring a unit that has a Disable ability.

Cid is the only danger in this fight as he has a bunch of physical/non-water AOE attacks in both the first and second fight. All of Famfrit's attacks are water elemental so Tidus basically nullifies his threat entirely. Once Cid is dead you can literally just Repeat Tidus' Blitz Mania and put everyone on auto-attack if you want, since Tidus will never ever run out of MP.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 14, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
What would be the more useful friend unit for me to provide for the trial? A 100% water immune Rikku, Xon, or dark Fina (for wateraga)?

And yes, trial is trivial once you take out Cid since any water immune units you have are thereafter invincible (and siren, a few resist rings, and Minfilias TM that you should be swimming in can get you there easy).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

the shitfit reddit is throwing over lunera "only" starting out with her +1 enhancement in global/making her the first actual bard unit is hilarious after i mentioned the other day how they're all convinced ramza without enhancements is fine. i guess a 40% single target attack debuff is more impressive than a pretty good magic nuker v:shobon:v

Honestly, if you have someone that can buff DEF in your party already then delita actually makes a better "force multiplier" character than Lunera with a 40% buff to stats (well as long as the boss can be def/spr broken).

Its really hard to justify a character that locks itself singing for its effects when only providing 40% buff to stats. She's way better as a finisher than as a bard right now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My plan is say gently caress the green magic reward and focus on survivability first, and murder second. Then consider redoing and murdering first. I have Minfilia in a party set up right now, but I'm wanting to see some others in action before I jump in too far.

I like to watch.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I've been putting a lot of effort into potting/tm farming for my only 5 stars, fryevia and tidus. But I've been dicking around with my two setzers and firion on the side and, well... i think i get chaining now.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
If anyone needs a Swimsuit Dark Fina to help for the challenge, add away. Her MAG is low thanks to Siren but it lets her have 100% water resist for this fight.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Trial was super easy with WoL, Rikku, Tilith, Olive, and Zyrus. Zyrus was the only one that ever died, no one else even got close. I probably could have optimized better but it was one and done.

Just realized I had Zyrus with Ramuh equipped. Doh.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 14, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah, the Rikku, WoL and Tilith defensive shell makes this fight pretty trivial. Hyper nullall+arms breaker absolutely neuters their offense to the point I was using Tilith as a semi mana battery since she herself was taking so little damage (siren). It was really just whittling down Fafnir. The good doctor folded like paper once I bushido freedomed him. As a bonus, none of that is green magic.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Uh, holy poo poo that fight was trivial. I decided to give it a whirl at lunch. I was expecting Dark Esper difficulty

Fryevia w/Diabolos
frost flowers all day, ery day

Rikku nuff said
Synth
Hyper null
Status move
Sunburst
Limit broke once just before killing Cid first incase of rage

Mercedes
waterga once
tossed ethers
warcry (not necessary)
Half-assed chain capper
Bushido freedom equipped as backup

Xon
Buff steals
Got below 33% health once

Luka
Aura staff but didn't need to dispel backup plan
AoE regen
AoE water resist ability
AoE DEF/SPR in case
She used single target Curaga once for Xon

Friend Fryevia w/Diabolos
See above

Rikku was a wildcard, but mostly useful. I overlapped hers and Lukas element buffs "because." Xon was the only one that lost health substantially. Luka was the star of the show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Brought out both of my T.Terras instead of using my Eileens since I thought the elemental damage resistance was going to be an issue. A single perfect chaos wave chain destroyed the first round so fast that I thought this was a multiple difficulty trial and this was just beginner. Second round I had tilith strip everyones buffs, tidus buff water res, t.terras get ready for chaos waves, WoL pop his cover and rikku mix. Chunk both of them for OK damage, but the kicker is that they cant hurt me. WoL soaks up all the physical damage and Tidus prevents all the magic water damage. At no point was I ever threatened in the fight, Rikku was completely unnecessary.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Those of you saying that Cid was Easy, how many TMs do you have?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

The man called M posted:

At this point... all the TMs. A better question is probably what rank are you. I'm 114. Anything above 100 means you've definitely been around.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 14, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well. Got a Xon on my free draw. So there's that.

:)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The man called M posted:

My T.Terras had dual wield and draco spikes. Dual wields I grinded out myself and draco spikes that were easily gotten thanks to the Bahamut event. Thats it. WoL didnt have anything, Rikku didnt have anything, Tilith didnt have anything. Friend tidus did have dual wield and an excalibur but I didnt use him to attack.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The man called M posted:

I have 1TM (dualcast for refia) and it really wasn't hard. Tidus, a healer, a tank, and some source of stat buffs are really all you need. Another DPS will make it go faster. I did it with Mercedes, Tidus, WoL, Refia, and friend-orlandeau.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

The man called M posted:

A lot, but I doubt you'd need a baller party with the right setup. Just keep a water defense buff up and have someone with a dispel to clear their buffs and it should be doable.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

based on stuff i've read and seen it seems like one of the many goon tidus's plus somebody on your team that can dispel can basically duo this for you, i don't think you need to be super whaled out for this trial to be easy.

edit: for the record i mean one of the whaled out tiduses. tidii. teedus. teedo. although presumably it would be better if he wasn't equipped with brotherhood in this case i guess?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

based on stuff i've read and seen it seems like one of the many goon tidus's plus somebody on your team that can dispel can basically duo this for you, i don't think you need to be super whaled out for this trial to be easy.

edit: for the record i mean one of the whaled out tiduses. tidii. teedus. teedo. although presumably it would be better if he wasn't equipped with brotherhood in this case i guess?
Yea you don't want water element at all, Famfrit is +200% versus it.
You also don't need a whaled-out tidus really. The only time damage is relevant is the beginning of phase 2, and even that isn't a big deal if you have reasonable healing/defensive buffs. If you have Tidus buff, nothing famfrit does can threaten you.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

The man called M posted:

Been playing since Thanksgiving-ish. 90% of my TMRs have been done via grinding roughly since April?

TMRs grind:
Dual wield
Fryevia needle
Magestral crest
Letters and Arms
Letters and Arms
Rainbow Robe
Doublehand

Event moogles:
Vestament Mind

With the exception of Doublehand, all of those TMRs are on one unit (Fryevia). All other units had high quality gear obtained from previous events and/or Fat Chocobo

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Astrochicken posted:

I've been putting a lot of effort into potting/tm farming for my only 5 stars, fryevia and tidus. But I've been dicking around with my two setzers and firion on the side and, well... i think i get chaining now.

You actually have the right units to pull off a very potent Elemental Chain + Cap. If you feel like using up a magic key for something you could make great use of right now, I'd suggest grabbing the Ice Brand recipe: http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Icebrand Make one for each of your Setzers so you can chain their Red Cards together with Fryevia's Frost Flower Bloom.

Next, give Firion the strongest loving weapon you can find (right now, the Zodiac Spear is pretty much your best option, unless you get Tidus' TMR Brotherhood). Alternatively, the Ice Spear will also work as a free storyline substitute that can take advantage of Fryevia's built-in 50% ice resist debuff on her Frost Flower Blitz.

Elemental Chaining and capping is pretty easy once you get the timing down. Use Fryevia's FFB first and then the two Setzers' Red Card abilities soon after that. Some time before or after the chain starts, you want to use Firion's Fin Briar so that the damage number from it will pop up just as the chain ends, which will allow it to inherit that chain's damage multiplier and deal fuckoff huge amounts of damage as a result.

Tidus should first use Get Pumped! to buff the party, and then get in on the chaining action with Quick Hit while using Ice Brand in the following turns. Sounds like he won't be doing much, but you will be loving thankful to have him buffing the party and he can dish out pretty absurd damage himself

Edit: Also, try to find Friendly units that have some form of Break ability (DEF/SPR debuff). Warrior of Light is a good example as he has Full Break (40%30% [thanks for correcting me Scrublord Prime] DEF/SPR/ATK/MAG single-target debuff) and can help cover your units in case poo poo hits the fan.

The man called M posted:

I have Tidus' Brotherhood, which is almost completely worthless against Cid and entirely worthless against Famfrit. And uh, that's it. I don't even have Dual Wield yet.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 14, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Quick correction: Full Break is -30%, not -40%. WoL does has Arms and Armor Eraser too which is -45% to ATK & MAG or DEF & SPR respectively.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I just beat Cid and Fanfic Ifrit on my first try.

I've got a bunch of TMRs at this point, but most of them are on Orlandeu and Fohlen.

I used:
Trance Terra (Dualcast Ultima)
Dark Fina (Dualcast Ultima and Waterga)
Rikku (Hyper Mighty Guard and Bushido: Freedom)
Tillith (Heals and buffs)
Warrior of Light (breaking Cid and tanking)

Trance Terra has Echidna's Kiss, Rod Mastery, Sage's Prajna and Dual Wield.

Have a Sage's Prajna on Dark Fina.

Rikku has Bushido: Freedom since she's not really contributing much beyond the Hyper Mighty Guard. (Shameless plug: my Fohlen can cruise through a lot of trials for you including Gilgamesh, which can get you Bushido Freedom among other goodies.)

I missed the 5 party members or less challenge.

Like everyone else is reporting, as long as you have water resistance, buffs, tanking and heals, the battle is only a matter of time. You obviously want all your characters at level 100.

The Manufactured Nethicite seems to give any unit Celeste's Runic ability, which is neat.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
WoL & Tidus caused the Trial do deal 0 damage to anyone that wasn't WoL. That was fun.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Is there any reason to keep any of the dudes you get from friend points or are they all vendor trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

UHD posted:

Is there any reason to keep any of the dudes you get from friend points or are they all vendor trash

most are vendor trash some have somewhat useful killer TMs.

• Locked thread