Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I don't know exactly whose bright idea that was. I still can't loving fathom why though.

Let me guess, your idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

GreenNight posted:

Anyone want this? Free but you got to come get it.

Quoting for new page. First, who the gently caress would want to commit the power to even turn this beast back on? Second, where is it because I can't resist shiny things.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Thanks Ants posted:

I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure I'd wilfully down a necessary system to make a point.

This. If an RCA is done on the server and there is your command shutting it down, :byewhore:

Also,

GreenNight posted:

I have wanted a half-cabinet of switch forever because switch ports are sexy, but even I can't imagine keeping this thing powered on for more than it takes to boot it and console in to show ports

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 14, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

GreenNight posted:

No thanks, we already have 2.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Madison, WI. The fucker is heavy.

Half the blades are 10/100 pre-poe standard.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

iospace posted:

Let me guess, your idea?

No, but this was:

I'm a terrible person for parking in a handicap spot.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No, but this was:

What is going on with this picture? Are you hauling them off to be thrown away or do you want chairs with other people's farts in them?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Sickening posted:

What is going on with this picture? Are you hauling them off to be thrown away or do you want chairs with other people's farts in them?

C-levels wanted to have a meeting in a conference room in another building with potential investors. They didn't think about things like needing chairs to sit in so literally 20 minutes before the investors were supposed to arrive they're SCREAMING at me to "get some loving tables and chairs set up in that building."
Their "conference table" was basically a bunch of fold up plastic tables stuck together.

After I finished getting all the table and chairs set up the CEO looks at me and says "where's the projector?"
:confused: ...what loving projector?

This is the same company that gave me a weekend to do an openstack deployment on hardware that doesn't support virtualization.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GreenNight posted:

Madison, WI. The fucker is heavy.

Half the blades are 10/100 pre-poe standard.

I'm going to guess someone found this out when trying to hook VOIP phones into it and wondered why they wouldn't turn on?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No, but this was:

This belongs in then OSHA thread.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm going to guess someone found this out when trying to hook VOIP phones into it and wondered why they wouldn't turn on?

Well that person would be me. Phones work fine, if you only hook up 20 of em to a 48 port blade.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No, but this was:

also dumb on a bunch of levels for doing that in a midsize pickup

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Elizabethan Error posted:

also dumb on a bunch of levels for doing that in a midsize pickupyour personal vehicle
FTFY

To be fair it's not like we were gonna come up with a better solution in 20 minutes. If I told them to gently caress off I'm sure they would have expected me to just roll the chairs over there a couple at a time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

C-levels wanted to have a meeting in a conference room in another building with potential investors. They didn't think about things like needing chairs to sit in so literally 20 minutes before the investors were supposed to arrive they're SCREAMING at me to "get some loving tables and chairs set up in that building."
Their "conference table" was basically a bunch of fold up plastic tables stuck together.

After I finished getting all the table and chairs set up the CEO looks at me and says "where's the projector?"
:confused: ...what loving projector?

This is the same company that gave me a weekend to do an openstack deployment on hardware that doesn't support virtualization.

Does your office not have facility people? Why is IT moving chairs? Why am I asking this question? I am glad that the bullshit I deal with doesn't include dumb manual labor that has nothing to do with my job.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Sickening posted:

Does your office not have facility people? Why is IT moving chairs? Why am I asking this question? I am glad that the bullshit I deal with doesn't include dumb manual labor that has nothing to do with my job.

IT keeps the lights on.
No really, we literally had to change the lightbulbs.

There were like 12 C-levels but not a single facilities person. It was the most hosed bass-ackwards place I've ever seen.
People's job responsibilities changed daily, the company shifted focus and missions weekly, spawned new companies weekly. it was a crazy loving shitshow.
They went from 100 to 500 back to 200 employees within the span of a year.

Oh I almost forgot about the time I had to install a FAKE request-to-exit button so the fire marshall wouldn't fine us. (Of course I told him it didn't work as soon as he got there and the company got fined :D)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

FTFY

To be fair it's not like we were gonna come up with a better solution in 20 minutes. If I told them to gently caress off I'm sure they would have expected me to just roll the chairs over there a couple at a time.

All those chairs have wheels - why didn't you tow them in a long chain behind the truck?

Much easier than having to lift them up.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

spog posted:

All those chairs have wheels - why didn't you tow them in a long chain behind the truck?

Much easier than having to lift them up.
Tried that before. They all fell over at the parking lot exit and I hosed up the arms and backs of a bunch of them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/selenalarson/status/885897597197533185

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Tried that before. They all fell over at the parking lot exit and I hosed up the arms and backs of a bunch of them.

If anything that helps make the point. Get some speed up as well.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No, but this was:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

This made my afternoon.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Well everyone is upside down there and the toilets flush backward so I assume math works differently as well. Aussies confirm/deny please.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GreenNight posted:

Contact local community colleges. Maybe they'd want it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Aunt Beth posted:

Well everyone is upside down there and the toilets flush backward so I assume math works differently as well. Aussies confirm/deny please.

I heard Pi is exactly 3 there.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

This is truly amazing.
Thank you.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

:perfect:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can you set a picture as a thread title?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Wanna set that as my Lync picture.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zil posted:

Follow up, shits still broke. People still pissed. My liver will suffer this weekend.

http://status.apps.rackspace.com/index/viewincidents?group=100

I'm the "next update will be provided by" times followed up updates at least half an hour later than claimed, until they realize how bad that looks and stop providing ETAs on updates :allears:

e: also I'm 17:30 PM

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 14, 2017

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The good thing about Rackspace loving up like that is that there's probably people who decided to subscribe to Office 365 and use that for their email, and then kicked off migration jobs to pull things out of Rackspace, hugely increasing the load vs. where it might normally be.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

No thanks, we already have 2.

Ours are 4507s, but same!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There I was about to post "it can't be that old, it uses the new Cisco logo", and then I realised that was 11 years ago.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Time flies once you've accepted eternity.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
I know this was posted fairly recently, but goddamn, every time I have a bad Friday, this video cheers me right the gently caress up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjpJtL5D-k

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Here's something a little cathartic for you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm the "next update will be provided by" times followed up updates at least half an hour later than claimed, until they realize how bad that looks and stop providing ETAs on updates :allears:

e: also I'm 17:30 PM

It has certainly made the higher ups take notice and getting them to move to 365 sooner rather than later.

So if anyone has good deals on government cloud 365, let me know or PM me.

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

GreenNight posted:

Hold up. You're giving away a perfectly good mini-bar fridge enclosure?!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah that's just the kind of guy I am.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
02:01 PM EDT: We encourage those users who are experiencing any of the following specific persistent issues to contact their support team for resolution.

04:23 PM EDT: Impacted users no longer need contact their support team to provide mailbox details.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Translation: :piss:

• Locked thread