Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

This. Also got my third solo chicken dinner a few minutes ago which included starting at the school and ending up running into a random care package headed to the circle and having a suppressed 4x Groza.

A suppressed Groza doesn't uhhh miss. Even at 4x.

Also, has anyone else been getting the "No one landed near me but all of a sudden there are 4 assholes in my little compound" thing lately? Happened 4 rounds in a row to me tonight.

I've had a few of those lately. Just missing them makes more sense, but it's weird it seems to have started suddenly after I've gained a lot more experience jumping and panning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am fairly certain that some people parachuting don't show up. My friends and I went to lipovka and I jumped out super early and circled them watching. I saw one person touch down and called it.

There were 4 enemies in the town.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also, has anyone else been getting the "No one landed near me but all of a sudden there are 4 assholes in my little compound" thing lately? Happened 4 rounds in a row to me tonight.

This has happened much more to me in the last couple of patches than ever before and it's incredibly frustrating!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

This has happened much more to me in the last couple of patches than ever before and it's incredibly frustrating!

Yep I was thinking I was blind or something. I was in an area and saw no one drop near me in a solo match - all of a sudden three people are in the next house over all fighting each other and another behind a rock shooting at me.

I even waited on the ground for a second to see if I spotted any chutes - Time interval was about 23 seconds. No one dropped within even near the radius of where I was.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I just came in 2nd. loving...2nd. I could taste the chicken. They ate the chicken right out of my mouth. I don't know how I pick myself back up after this. I'm not a good player. I don't know if I can ever get that far again.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 14, 2017

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Utnayan posted:

Yep I was thinking I was blind or something. I was in an area and saw no one drop near me in a solo match - all of a sudden three people are in the next house over all fighting each other and another behind a rock shooting at me.

I even waited on the ground for a second to see if I spotted any chutes - Time interval was about 23 seconds. No one dropped within even near the radius of where I was.

I would also swear blind that some people are invisible while diving.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Flubby posted:

They ate the chicken right out of my mouth.

If they're willing to do that maybe it's better to let them have it

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Flubby posted:

I just came in 2nd. loving...2nd. I could taste the chicken. They ate the chicken right out of my mouth. I don't know how I pick myself back up after this. I'm not a good player. I don't know if I can ever get that far again.

Hey only got as close as 2nd in a solo buddy :hfive:

Granted I've played only about 20 solo matches. I pretty much exclusively play group and duo games. But I've come in 2nd twice with a good chance to win both times, like... shooting the person who eventually won.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Flubby posted:

Man, I've had days like that. I had a day last week where I got second in solo, then played with some friends in squad and got second, then played duos with one of them and got second, and then played one more Solo and got...second.

If you got there once, you can get there again. I'd like to stress that I am 35 years old and absolutely garbage at this game. Don't worry about it. You'll get your win.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fart Car '97 posted:

I got my first roadkill today and I got it by brutally crushing a guy between a rock and a dacia and it owned

I chased some dude in a buggy from the radio tower all the way to the rear fence of the military base and he never noticed me, I plowed into him a second after he stopped and got out, he noticed me just a little too late and managed to fire a single shot at my car before he was crushed into paste, felt good

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Just got this game yesterday night, holy poo poo it lives up to the hype. I tried dropping onto Gatka, but accidentally landed in Pochinki, and goddamn that was a poo poo show. The zone collapsed around the town, and at some point, I'd found a crossbow (gross), a silenced pistol, and a SAIGA (or whatever they call the AK shotgun in this game). It was about 10 minutes in at that point, and I just figured I'd lay down on this balcony while nearly a dozen people shot at each other from the buildings. It was the first time in a game I voluntarily didn't shoot at anybody I'd had the drop on. One guy finally came into the house, and I managed to put him down with the pistol before he saw me, but it was still insanely tense. Finally, I ended up in the top 20, Pochinki was no longer in the zone, and I decided to make a break for the countryside. I find a guy at a gas station, he doesn't spot me, so I get him with the shotgun, steal his bike and it's the biggest excitement rush I've had in a game in a long time. I've just survived deathtrap town, I got the better of a guy who should've noticed me from the gas station, AND I have a vehicle in my first game. Immediately I crash the bike. GG

This game is so much loving fun.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 14, 2017

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Funtime action advice: always drive full speed through a popped smoke :madmax:

Maybe you die from grenades, fire, gunned down, but higher chance you ruin a squad maneuver by running over said squad maneuvering.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Flubby posted:

Awww dang. You will! And then you'll link together a bunch of kills and realize that was more exciting than hiding. Then you'll get a win and that will be the best until you get a win with a lot of kills and then

I don't know I'm not that woke yet I'm stuck on see motorcycle: jump buildings

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Our goon squad got three chicken dinners in a row last night. The late night Brazilians could not handle our advanced maneuvers.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Flubby posted:

Me too. I had a 2nd place finish last night that I just messed up and kept a 4x on my UMP instead of the red dot in my bag and it threw me off at short range.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

municipal shrimp posted:

Our goon squad got three chicken dinners in a row last night. The late night Brazilians could not handle our advanced maneuvers.

I cannot wait for soft Friday night games. Last week we had two wins in a row and I had a 37 kill second place choke. Friday's Are Fun

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Learn to shoot, learn to drive, stop hiding.

http://i.imgur.com/GxYCjit.jpg

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

chalk up another sad 2nd place loser from last night. I had the win too, but had potato aim when it truly mattered. I will never go full auto with the AK past like 15-20m without a compensator ever again.

I've noticed that up in the higher mmr way more people parachute out to the outskirts of the map at the beginning. at least on NA

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Why does it take so many shots to kill people :((((

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

buckets of buckets posted:

Stop missing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have recommendations on getting this game to not run like poop? I Have a friend who has a NVDIA 750 and Intel i5 with 8 GB RAM. He says it appears to be lagging badly even on low graphics settings. Is there some magic settings or .ini he can tweek to make it at least playable?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Popete posted:

Anyone have recommendations on getting this game to not run like poop? i Have a friend who has a NVDIA 750 and Intel i5 with 8 GB RAM. He says it appears to be lagging badly even on low graphics settings. Is there some magic settings or .ini he can tweek to make it at least playable?

Upgrade the RAM, get an SSD he doesn't already have one, and then upgrade the video card. There are some tweaks that may help, but mainly it comes down to your hardware.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011
This is all I can think about when driving around in my UAZ during squad games (I'm the one with the Kvass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waYaOLOEaI

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Upgrade the RAM, get an SSD he doesn't already have one, and then upgrade the video card. There are some tweaks that may help, but mainly it comes down to your hardware.

As someone who suffered on a similarly specc'ed system, the SSD made an incredible difference

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It really doesn't. A person who has a level 3 chest and level 3 helmet only gains a marginal advantage, like one or two bullets, over all other levels of protection

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Myrmidongs and I were playing last night, I think and got a painful Duos second place. We managed to maneuver into an excellent position for the last couple of circles, hiding in a building. There were 5 players left (both of us alive) and we found the other full pair in a building facing ours. The other pair was trapped in their building as the circle cut off their back door, but not ours. I made a run around the back of our building and pushed them, downing one and putting a serious hurt on the other. I was downed but Myrmidongs stormed out of our building's front door to kill the other one and we got straight to an end screen. "Yes!" I yelled as Myrmidongs replied "drat." "#2/50" read the screen. Myrmidongs died to the circle and some random solo won without killing anyone at the end. It still burns.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

It really doesn't. A person who has a level 3 chest and level 3 helmet only gains a marginal advantage, like one or two bullets, over all other levels of protection

Completely false, a person with a lvl 3 helmet gets a MASSIVE headshot advantage over anyone else. Pick up any lvl 3 helmet with 1hp over any lvl 2 helmet with full health.

Also lol "2 bullets...marginal advantage"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Honestly had my favorite kill ever last round. Duo game a dude starts shooting wildly at our car as me and my buddy drove by, I hammer the turn key and drive straight at him. He backs behind a rock but his head still sticks out and I crash into the side of that rock so hard clipping him so he dies and the car does mad airloops.

Drove over my buddy twice that game too. Those were more fun.

Oh yeah so it's been maybe five years since I really played a fps. What sensitivity setting are you pros using?

Affi fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 14, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Here is another UMP endorsement video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159103949

UMP 2020

Also, holy poo poo my teammate's call outs.

"One more!" There were 2 more.
"He's got a SAW" It was a Groza
"Good kill good kill" Downs aren't kills, there's a huge difference.
"Waah wahh I'm dying please res me" Maybe later

Ice Fist posted:

Look at this guy and his fake news. A level 3 with 1 hp will survive a headshot with a Kar and the next bullet in your head will kill you. A level 2 will not survive a KAR, and you'll be two shot in the head by any AR.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 14, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Look at this guy and his fake news. A level 3 with 1 hp will survive a headshot with a Kar and the next bullet in your head will kill you. A level 2 will not survive a KAR, and you'll be two shot in the head by any AR.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Also lol "2 bullets...marginal advantage"

Wait what? I guess I described it wrong. He was asking why it took so many hits to kill people and, numerically, it doesn't. I mean, a couple hits to the dome or four or five to the chest depending on the weapon doesn't seem like that much to me.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Bush Wookies are OP as gently caress https://streamable.com/lpc1m (which is a good thing)

Also it's great and hilarious when the game just plops free kills and a pile of loot in your lap https://streamable.com/89cki (I just realized he got shot to death because he pulled out a pan lol)

Speaking of plopping, here's me getting a crazy lucky air drop and not even thinking that the Tommy would also default to single shot https://streamable.com/m148g

Were Tommy guns even able to be toggled? For some reason I thought they were made to be either automatic OR semi-auto, not both.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Ice Fist posted:

Wait what? I guess I described it wrong. He was asking why it took so many hits to kill people and, numerically, it doesn't. I mean, a couple hits to the dome or four or five to the chest depending on the weapon doesn't seem like that much to me.

4-5 hits to the chest, not arms, is a huge number in a game where bullets dont go through the arms, and especially if you're solo. Anyone can run around spastically to avoid follow up shots after the first one hits. I like the game but the combat in the first few minutes is a lot more satisfying to me, than when everyone is basically a tank with body armour. Maybe its because I came from arma 3 BR but everything that isn't a shotgun seems underpowered.

edit. looking at the damage table, 6 shots to the chest to kill someone with lvl3 armour with the m16. yikes. How in gods name are you going to hit someone 6 times at 300m

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

4-5 hits to the chest, not arms, is a huge number in a game where bullets dont go through the arms, and especially if you're solo. Anyone can run around spastically to avoid follow up shots after the first one hits. I like the game but the combat in the first few minutes is a lot more satisfying to me, than when everyone is basically a tank with body armour. Maybe its because I came from arma 3 BR but everything that isn't a shotgun seems underpowered.

Okay, makes sense. I come from the world of games where bad guys both people and NPCs are bullet sponges so this feels real good to me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Arma 3 had a lot of weird stuff. For example, although understandable, shooting someone in the face was usually a one hit kill because helmets did not cover the face. The pilot helmet actually did, so me and my other buddies who were high ranked would use that, and then use a wet suit to make our heads a little lower profile. You could also one hit people in the crotch. Or you could damage one part of their body enough to make them die, like 3 shots in the same arm. The blue circle also damaged all of their body parts, meaning they'd have to heal to restore their legs and arms to better condition so you could actually run, or shoot without massive sway. However, if you were shooting guys in the armor, the shots per kill to PUBG is very similar. Oh yeah, and Arma 3 BR didn't have a durability system, so as long as you survived and healed, you could go right back to tanking everything.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

Also it's great and hilarious when the game just plops free kills and a pile of loot in your lap https://streamable.com/89cki (I just realized he got shot to death because he pulled out a pan lol)

I love finding loot boxes near flipped/crashed bikes.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Learn to shoot, learn to drive, stop hiding.

http://i.imgur.com/GxYCjit.jpg

Look at this downed scrub. This is why this game needs to gently caress off with the DBNO. Dead is dead.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Affi posted:

Oh yeah so it's been maybe five years since I really played a fps. What sensitivity setting are you pros using?

If you have to ask its too high

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Definitely agree with the view that hiding all game is going to make you worse in the end. Eventually you need to be able to aim really well because once you get into the top thousand on the leaderboard, everyone is insanely good at aiming and are still great at hiding as well.

that is why I made all of my friends who were not into ARMA do lots of school and military base deathmatches.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you're (bad) like me and keep getting out-gunned or out-camped, I found it very refreshing to drop into Asia servers (or wherever you're unranked) to gently caress around with the fresh meat. People were just laying in open fields while I got some practice with the 4x since I'm poo poo with it.

Good for confidence, and also shooting practice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Take potshots at all of the badguys and drive vehicles recklessly all game every game who gives a poo poo about stats and leaderboards :getin:

• Locked thread