Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I just managed to beat solo GR70 on my Leapquake Barbarian. It was a little tight, died to a couple packs but managed to pull it off.

Pushing higher now is just a matter of better rolls and ancients then? I've been upgrading the 3 gems I'm using, I could probably use a different Hellfire, but what else can I do to get my survivability and damage up?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arcadi-1918/hero/71990925

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Antioch posted:

I just managed to beat solo GR70 on my Leapquake Barbarian. It was a little tight, died to a couple packs but managed to pull it off.

Pushing higher now is just a matter of better rolls and ancients then? I've been upgrading the 3 gems I'm using, I could probably use a different Hellfire, but what else can I do to get my survivability and damage up?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arcadi-1918/hero/71990925

At this point its about getting gems up and starting to augment stuff. You have now reached the level of gear treadmill.

Rank up gems.
Augment armor
Rinse repeat until you feel like killing yourself.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Just finished getting a Traguls set last night. What's the go-to cheese build at the moment?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I see no reason why they would touch Trag'oul pets. This isn't some unintended coefficient giving undue weight to some gimmicky gem proc, it's an inventive combination of abilities with items that form a cohesive and fun build.

Yea, if anything Corpse Lance will be hit with the hammer. The devs are so scared to extend mage life because of singularity, yet there's not a single top build, solo or group, that uses them. It seems like a lot of fun with the red beams all over the place. I just ran some necro 70/75s with a good rocking it as I was on Inarius pulling/frailty cursing mobs and it worked out pretty well. I hope they finally make Dayntee's work with all curses so it's more viable, I was squishy as hell without it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I was under the impression that the latest fix was going to hit corpse lance, which is why I decided on running the rathma/jesseth build.
Singularity mages are fun for just dunking on a rift guardian as soon as he spawns.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ynglaur posted:

Just finished getting a Traguls set last night. What's the go-to cheese build at the moment?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuppidoo-1198/hero/90396790

Wear those things!

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yea, if anything Corpse Lance will be hit with the hammer. The devs are so scared to extend mage life because of singularity, yet there's not a single top build, solo or group, that uses them. It seems like a lot of fun with the red beams all over the place. I just ran some necro 70/75s with a good rocking it as I was on Inarius pulling/frailty cursing mobs and it worked out pretty well. I hope they finally make Dayntee's work with all curses so it's more viable, I was squishy as hell without it.

That was me!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
When they fix dayntee there will be one curse rune in the game instead of three.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

DrSeRRoD posted:

If singularity is actually the issue they should be able to set the normal duration to one minute (or whatever) and then just have only the singularity mage have a 10s lifetime.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

That was me!

Ah nice, didn't know what your IGN was. Also, woops meant to type goon and I put "good" instead.

George posted:

When they fix dayntee there will be one curse rune in the game instead of three.

I think some people will still run Decrep I'd bet for that damage reduction and stun/cdr runes, but frailty is really strong so we'll see. I'd like Frailty with pet damage rune to be useful.

Elysiume posted:

If singularity is actually the issue they should be able to set the normal duration to one minute (or whatever) and then just have only the singularity mage have a 10s lifetime.

I agree, but he seems hesitant. Here's the quote "its not out of the realm of possibility that we would increase the duration but I'm leery of making any changes on that front as it's the most likely to ensure that only the Singularity rune sees use."

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What's going to be the least painful for a player's first season. Witch Hunter or wizard?

Currently my only two lvl70 characters are a crusader and Demon Hunter. So I'm taking the season as an opportunity to level up someone new.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Floppychop posted:

Witch Hunter

Do you mean Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter? As great of a combination of those two would be, there isn't one.

Also, in my experience the Wizard is by far the easiest for working low levels.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Floppychop posted:

What's going to be the least painful for a player's first season. Witch Hunter or wizard?

Currently my only two lvl70 characters are a crusader and Demon Hunter. So I'm taking the season as an opportunity to level up someone new.

witch doctor is the best class and the most fun, so do that

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Out of curiosity, how dicey does it get without Dayntee's? I feel very vulnerable because my current variant doesn't use Blood Rush. I've also thought about ditching Endless Walk for Lornelle's + Wisdom of Khalan to give myself more toughness

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Skypie posted:

Out of curiosity, how dicey does it get without Dayntee's? I feel very vulnerable because my current variant doesn't use Blood Rush. I've also thought about ditching Endless Walk for Lornelle's + Wisdom of Khalan to give myself more toughness

The only dicey parts are immediately at the start of the rift and if you die (don't die). Once you get on a roll with a full stack of Bone Armor + Devour + Insatiable Belt you're pretty much untouchable. Lornelle + Kalan is definitely a possibility when you're pushing solo GR however.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The only dicey parts are immediately at the start of the rift and if you die (don't die). Once you get on a roll with a full stack of Bone Armor + Devour + Insatiable Belt you're pretty much untouchable. Lornelle + Kalan is definitely a possibility when you're pushing solo GR however.

Cool, I might give your variant a shot if I have an Insatiable laying around. I actually find the first minute of a rift to be the WORST regardless of my build for my necro. I still find myself wishing the Trag set had some other defensive modifier. 1.6 mil HP is nice but higher level rifts still cut that apart quickly.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Skypie posted:

Cool, I might give your variant a shot if I have an Insatiable laying around. I actually find the first minute of a rift to be the WORST regardless of my build for my necro. I still find myself wishing the Trag set had some other defensive modifier. 1.6 mil HP is nice but higher level rifts still cut that apart quickly.

I dunno what the hell build that guy posted, some weird amalgamation of the corpse lancer and pet build, but if you're trying trags for the first time, definitely go 100% either pet, or corpse Lance build. The best pet builds are easy to find on YouTube, and the best Corpse Lance is easy to find by hitting shift + L in game and copying any necromancer you see on the leaderboard.

I also had problems surviving at the beginning of the rift, but someone on Reddit pointed out something really obvious to me. Blood Rush gains a rune that heals you for enemies passed through, and trags adds healing on top of your total life. So as soon as you can, blood Rush THROUGH packs of enemies, and in no time you'll have double vitality. If you get a good rift you're invincible after your first dash

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Do you mean Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter? As great of a combination of those two would be, there isn't one.

Also, in my experience the Wizard is by far the easiest for working low levels.

Witch doctor. Whoops

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Less than 1 week to go.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Guilty posted:

I dunno what the hell build that guy posted, some weird amalgamation of the corpse lancer and pet build, but if you're trying trags for the first time, definitely go 100% either pet, or corpse Lance build. The best pet builds are easy to find on YouTube, and the best Corpse Lance is easy to find by hitting shift + L in game and copying any necromancer you see on the leaderboard.

I also had problems surviving at the beginning of the rift, but someone on Reddit pointed out something really obvious to me. Blood Rush gains a rune that heals you for enemies passed through, and trags adds healing on top of your total life. So as soon as you can, blood Rush THROUGH packs of enemies, and in no time you'll have double vitality. If you get a good rift you're invincible after your first dash

Oh, yeah, I'm doing a Trag pet build. But mine is using the skelebros, mages, Siphon Life, Bone Armor, Devour, and Decrepify. That didn't leave any room for Blood Rush. Tea's had Blood Rush at the expense of Decrepify and I was trying to feel out his experience with survivability without Decrepify + Dayntee's

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrSeRRoD posted:

Most of those aren't pets though, but if you just want to spawn a bunch of stuff that does almost no damage, but has a visual presence, then sure. Might as well include your gold-gathering "pet", corpses, minions spawned from follower's items, and your necro's shadow if that's the goal.

Yeah but that's what I'm looking for.

Necros, let's post some awesome pics. With great size of pets and hangers on. Look thick. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get your pets. Thanks for the motivation.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah but that's what I'm looking for.

Necros, let's post some awesome pics. With great size of pets and hangers on. Look thick. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get your pets. Thanks for the motivation.

You got it, I'll do it when I'm home

George
Nov 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

I agree, but he seems hesitant. Here's the quote "its not out of the realm of possibility that we would increase the duration but I'm leery of making any changes on that front as it's the most likely to ensure that only the Singularity rune sees use."

Jesus, which dev said this 500% idiotic bullshit about a game that has the gargantuan skill?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Guys, please call it BloodPets.

"I play Trag'Ouls... wiiiiiiith Peeeeeets"

Vs

"Hey dude what is your Necro build?"

"BLOOD PETS"

"Oh geeze man, that's badass! What about your offset?"

"BONESTORM"

"Geese that's so tough and manly! Do
You speedfarm?"

"PESTI-LANCE"

Ok Necromancers are cool and good

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Build me BONESTORM or GO TO HELL

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

George posted:

Jesus, which dev said this 500% idiotic bullshit about a game that has the gargantuan skill?

Travis Day, the lead designer of the Necromancer.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

So I managed to hit GR70 for the first time using this build last night http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92362-inarius-novalancer-post-hotfix I felt like going more than a couple of levels higher than that would be a bit of a stretch. I'm about paragon 550, gear is as here:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BadParenting-2165/hero/95943094

Apart from obvious stuff like getting all my gems up to the max quality, am I just at the point where I'm hoping for better rolled versions of gear, anicent/primal drops, griding out paragon levels and upgrading my legendary gems?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Pretty much, getting things that aren't ancient to ancient, then getting them with good rolls, then getting them augmented, all while increasing paragon and gem levels and fishing for GRs as you go higher and higher. Definitely seems like a fun little AoE build with the nova. I wonder if Gogok would be even funner vs Mirinae for more Novas/Bone Armors/Blood Rushes.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Beware the Leech curse with enemies that can deal friendly damage or that are charmed.

http://i.imgur.com/tgUFCX1.gifv

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Skypie posted:

Oh, yeah, I'm doing a Trag pet build. But mine is using the skelebros, mages, Siphon Life, Bone Armor, Devour, and Decrepify. That didn't leave any room for Blood Rush. Tea's had Blood Rush at the expense of Decrepify and I was trying to feel out his experience with survivability without Decrepify + Dayntee's

Yeah I couldn't imagine trying to survive in Trag's without Blood Rush. You get 100% armor, two escapes on cooldown, a health restore, and fresh corpses to eat. The corpses end up actually being a big deal for feeding health globes + essence against tougher rift bosses. Anyway, so you don't have to use your imagination I made a video of me running a basic GR75 in mostly unaugmented, unoptimized gear. That's what everybody likes, watching other people play Diablo right? You can see that once the blood machine gets rolling you're very tanky even without the Decrep belt, although for upper GR you might wanna switch to Kalan/Sunstone or work in Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-wSlSwGdB4

George
Nov 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

Travis Day, the lead designer of the Necromancer.

Someone who plays should explain Wrathful Protector to him, because it's exactly what he's saying won't work.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

There's apparently a bug where commanding skeletons on a target causes existing skeletal mages and your golem to shift away from the target and stop attacking it. Lot of fun little things popping up with just a few days left until Season 11. Can't wait to see what we'll find next!

Mages stop attacking goblin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQR-_pJsLo

Golem stops attacking mobs that are commanded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLugnKlIXIk

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 14, 2017

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
After first being a little dismayed with the time between seasons, I'm really really happy they made it a month to get some of these issues resolved.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I have been messing blood nova and trag'ouls. This is what I am currently running - although I don't have ancient gear at the moment, but I guess paragon is helping.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92554-blood-nova-corpse-lance-tragouls

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
IF Im a super noob and most of the OP doesn't make sense to me, is there a place to read explaining all this stuff?

I just bought D3 and the expansion 5 days ago, beat the Campaign and have a lvl 70 (20 Paragon) Crusader Im ready to start doing other stuff with. Where do I begin!

George
Nov 27, 2004

bows1 posted:

IF Im a super noob and most of the OP doesn't make sense to me, is there a place to read explaining all this stuff?

I just bought D3 and the expansion 5 days ago, beat the Campaign and have a lvl 70 (20 Paragon) Crusader Im ready to start doing other stuff with. Where do I begin!

Just make sure you're in the LLJK community chat. It's probably a little quiet now but once the season starts it'll be full of people to answer specific questions.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bows1 posted:

The other stuff is running rifts

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Mr. Radio Voice, aka Rhykker over on YouTube has some pretty newbie friendly guides to just specifically get you acclimated to all the things. I used his stuff to help get me caught back up to speed after having stopped playing immediately after the expansion dropped.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Usually I'd say just follow the season journey objectives but since it's not happening at the moment, yeah what everybody else said.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

bows1 posted:

Start here. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/basics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is there any viable build that doesn't require the 6 piece bonus of a set for necromancer? I'm having a loving blast with my "House of a thousand corpses" build that uses the ricochet rune of corpse Lance, the 2 piece bonus of pestilence and trag, the gloves that make your golem drop corpses, and the skeleton mage rune that leaves corpses. It can easily push to T13 but I'm not sure how far it can go without the 3000%+ 6 piece bonuses.

But it's seriously loving fun. Spam mages all the time and you're seriously throwing out more corpse lances than land of the dead since EVERYTHING you do drops a corpse and fires lances - you'll have corpse lances ricocheting all over the screen.

Basically, is there a way to set up a comparable damage bonus to the 6 piece set with just legendaries? I'm not sure how the math works on additive/multiplicative bonuses provided. It may work due to the sheer volume of corpse lances...