Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

jimmy carter is back out building houses because he is tired of this gay earth and wants to commit suicide by philanthropy

Old people get dehydrated. I don't know why anyone is blowing Jimmy's health out of proportion. GHWB is a stiff breeze from dying of suffocation.

Jaxyon posted:

Wait, have you never seen people in this thread make fun of her actual looks? Like several people did this directly in response to this discussion.

I added a second line to my post that addresses this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Can we not talk about Kellyanne and our opinions on her looks and our opinions on those opinions anymore?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

KickerOfMice posted:

This really made me smile.

jimmy carter is better than all of us and always has been

back to reality

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/885915001432788992

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

Gahhhhhhhh I've become addicted to crazy bullshit happenings. I need my dramabomb fix. Mueller please release something big.

You've probably noticed by now that Mueller isn't big on blabbing to the press about what he's got cooking.

Even when all the 'Trump will fire him!' stuff was going on, you never saw a single quote from him or anyone on his team. It's certainly intentional.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

Gahhhhhhhh I've become addicted to crazy bullshit happenings. I need my dramabomb fix. Mueller please release something big.

lol, Mueller won't release anything until the report is concluded.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Aves Maria! posted:

Can we not talk about Kellyanne and our opinions on her looks and our opinions on those opinions anymore?

Are there any other members of the Trump administration you don't think we should talk about anymore?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Chilichimp posted:

Old people get dehydrated. I don't know why anyone is blowing Jimmy's health out of proportion. GHWB is a stiff breeze from dying of suffocation.

I added a second line to my post that addresses this.

The guy's a 92-year-old cancer survivor, a stiff breeze could kill him too. It's pretty inspiring how he's still out there building poo poo for charity.

Plus, thinking about Carter makes you reflect on his governance vs the current administration.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Sinteres posted:

Today I learned that intersectionality means relentlessly defending the worst people on the planet, even if they're personally very privileged and powerful, just as long as they fall within any disadvantaged group.

Today I learned that it's 100% OK to call Clarence Thomas or Ben Carson "friend of the family" because it's in no way racist at all, because they're terrible people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I would be happy if kellyanne disappeared forever.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

It's more an excuse to talk about how Jimmy is cool as heck and is still trying to help improve the world at god damned 92 years old.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pull up thread

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

Jaxyon posted:

Today I learned that it's 100% OK to call Clarence Thomas or Ben Carson "friend of the family" because it's in no way racist at all, because they're terrible people.

Hahaha, you loving dumb rear end please stop posting.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Sinteres posted:

Are there any other members of the Trump administration you don't think we should talk about anymore?

Calling Kellyanne a witch makes you no better than anybody who calls Hillary a witch.

Calling Trump an orange monkey puts you in less of a tenuous position but doesn't really help anything. Might as well go shout it in the woods if you need that release so badly.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jaxyon's right, though, saying that Kelly Anne looks like a weird-faced, male actor is different from making fun of Trump's anus mouth, and not everybody was making fun of the bad quality of sketch; they were talking about her actual appearance.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Making fun of an illustration of Conway: literally the same as using the n-word.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sinteres posted:

this conversation is dumb and doesn't actually have much of anything to do with current events, so it'd be great to move on yeah

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

LOL. You just really wanted to post that word, didn't you?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My wife is a successful feminist minority that reads me the riot act if I make comments that can be construed as culturally insensitive, sexist, etc.

She refers to Conway as "unfortunate looking."

Maybe we can take a page out of her book.

Or just call her gross and frightening and unfuckable*. That's cool too.

*Please don't tell my wife

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

No Butt Stuff posted:

LOL. You just really wanted to post that word, didn't you?

Not really no. I debated editing it out and y'all quoted it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

It was a bad decision to post it, FYI

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jaxyon posted:

The leaks are real, but the news is fake.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Blacks rule!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Majorian posted:

Making fun of an illustration of Conway: literally the same as using the n-word.

Nobody has ever made fun of her looks, it's only about an artists rendering - a thing you think

also you have no concept of analogies to make a point.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Jaxyon posted:

Nobody has ever made fun of her looks, it's only about an artists rendering - a thing you think

also you have no concept of analogies to make a point.

jesus shut up

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

It was a bad decision to post it, FYI

I agree, but :shrug:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
https://twitter.com/KatherineBScott/status/885919260844990464

Hmmmmm

Steve king is.... Bad?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guys this isn't the Nintendo Switch thread, there's no need for this kind of posting.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

eyebeem posted:

My wife is a successful feminist minority that reads me the riot act if I make comments that can be construed as culturally insensitive, sexist, etc.

She refers to Conway as "unfortunate looking."

Maybe we can take a page out of her book.

Or just call her gross and frightening and unfuckable*. That's cool too.

but she lets you buy a ton of bikes so she's pretty loving rad

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

The guy's a 92-year-old cancer survivor, a stiff breeze could kill him too. It's pretty inspiring how he's still out there building poo poo for charity.

Plus, thinking about Carter makes you reflect on his governance vs the current administration.

Never again will I accept someone saying Carter was the worst president ever. There is no contest.

I mean, yeah GWB sucked dicks. Over 8 years, he redirected out national security apparatus against the middle east, thereby allowing Russia to becomes wtf it has become, dragged us into two wars, and presided over one of the worst economic collapses in our nations history...

Donald J Trump has, in 6 months, destroyed the United States as a serious broker of international power, pissed off long-standing allies in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, coddled strong-man dictators across the globe, and eroded the confidence of the American people in their own democracy...

But Carter was a pussy about Iran, you guys..... :cry:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This POS is done in 2018.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Jaxyon posted:

You didn't think about it because you regretted it, you thought about it because you feared the consequences. Now you're stuck and can't get rid of the evidence. And by the way, your posting is entirely transparent as the disingenuous defense of awful people that it is. You don't care about feminism, you just thought you'd figured out some Catch-22 you could use to own those stupid liberals.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Reik posted:

Haven't seen this posted here:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2017-04-04%20CEG%20to%20DHS%20(Akhmetshin%20Information)%20with%20attachment.pdf

Explains why he was there during a meeting about Trump repealing the Magnitsky Act sanctions. That piece of legislation must have hosed those Russian assholes over hard.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Never again will I accept someone saying Carter was the worst president ever. There is no contest.

I mean, yeah GWB sucked dicks. Over 8 years, he redirected out national security apparatus against the middle east, thereby allowing Russia to becomes wtf it has become, dragged us into two wars, and presided over one of the worst economic collapses in our nations history...

Donald J Trump has, in 6 months, destroyed the United States as a serious broker of international power, pissed off long-standing allies in Europe, and eroded the confidence of the American people in their own democracy...

But Carter was a pussy about Iran, you guys..... :cry:

I think the Republicans really won that one--to the point that even Democrats nod along with it. Jimmy Carter was loving great compared to every president that's come out of the Republican party for the last half-century.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bottom Liner posted:

but she lets you buy a ton of bikes so she's pretty loving rad

"lets" typically requires "awareness" which may or may not be applicable.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

A lovely Reporter posted:

You didn't think about it because you regretted it, you thought about it because you feared the consequences. Now you're stuck and can't get rid of the evidence. And by the way, your posting is entirely transparent as the disingenuous defense of awful people that it is. You don't care about feminism, you just thought you'd figured out some Catch-22 you could use to own those stupid liberals.

Yes I'm a deep cover T_D embed, you figured it out.

My plan all along was to trip up the thread by language-policing a minor patriarchal behavior about an incredibly unpopular person and you've ruined it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

This POS is done in 2018.

Whoever's running against him should just make every campaign ad this clip of Rohrabacher praising terrorists.

Like, the guy literally said terrorism was "a good thing".

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

eyebeem posted:

"lets" typically requires "awareness" which may or may not be applicable.

My Feminist Wife would be upset about making GBS threads on a woman based on looks though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

This is not a very "woke" thing to say, my man.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Legitimately sexist posts about women get called out in here regularly (e.g. "I wouldn't gently caress her eeeww how does her husband do it??!"). We regularly go pages talking poo poo about Trump's neck vagina

"I'm not sexist because if you listened carefully I ALSO said trump has a vagina"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

I used to live in this man's district, my soul will be forever stained

• Locked thread