Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Am I just ignorant for not knowing what a vernissage is? After seeing it in three comics straight with no one else commenting about it I am starting to wonder.
Obviously you did not listen to enough bad 80's Russian pop while growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A good McCoy?

A good Rall?

:psyduck:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Am I just ignorant for not knowing what a vernissage is? After seeing it in three comics straight with no one else commenting about it I am starting to wonder.

It's to an art exhibition what a premiere is to a movie. So it's an opportunity to socialize and network with the other people invited by the artist, their sponsors, and the art gallery.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

It's an art exhibition

More like a party either just before the opening of an exhibition or on the occasion of the opening. Most art exhibitions do not provide champagne and finger foods to regular visitors.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 14, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trazz posted:

GIRUSSIAMESH

Laughed for about a minute straight at this. Thanks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kopijeger posted:

More like a party either just before the opening of an exhibition or on the occassion of the opening. Most art exhibtions do not provide champagne and finger foods to regular visitors.
And everyone else just knew that?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

And everyone else just knew that?
I didn't know, so I searched for the word on Google, and found something that told me what it meant.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

Let me tell you about dog on a roof...

Pocket Billiards posted:

Heard about the new Barbie doll?

Don't forget about the fiscal cliff.

Weeks of cartoons from both sides drawing the same metaphor.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Why is Mallard sometimes teal and sometimes black? Are they different ducks?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Droppin' Sick Beats and House Seats

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pencils R Cool posted:

Why is Mallard sometimes teal and sometimes black? Are they different ducks?
A mallard's head looks green or black depending on the angle.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine Tinsley stumbled across a farmer's market in the wee hours of the morning after closing time at his favorite bar (the one that's open the latest). Being treated as one might treat a lovely drunk, Tinsley vowed revenge in his petty brand of vengeance.

how did you know? here is the shocking video evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM48uF35ms

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Grigori Perelman has no interest in meeting with Kushner, I guess.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I hate to appear to be defending Drunky Duck, but there is a kernel of truth to his rantings about farmer's markets.

Over the last 8 years or so, the demand for farmers markets has vastly outstripped the supply in some places. In particular, wealthy areas without a lot of actual farms all want their own markets, and there has been a bit of a gold rush to meet the demand. This has lead to a ton of people just buying stuff at Restaurant Depot, and then turning around and pretending that they grew it locally. They usually peel all the stickers off, and recrate the food, and that's it.

This investigative piece found some particularly galling examples. Some of the so-called "farmers" don't even own any farmland.

http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2016/food/farm-to-fable/farmers-markets/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Grigori Perelman has no interest in meeting with Kushner, I guess.

drat, this is great.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hate to appear to be defending Drunky Duck, but there is a kernel of truth to his rantings about farmer's markets.

Over the last 8 years or so, the demand for farmers markets has vastly outstripped the supply in some places. In particular, wealthy areas without a lot of actual farms all want their own markets, and there has been a bit of a gold rush to meet the demand. This has lead to a ton of people just buying stuff at Restaurant Depot, and then turning around and pretending that they grew it locally. They usually peel all the stickers off, and recrate the food, and that's it.

This investigative piece found some particularly galling examples. Some of the so-called "farmers" don't even own any farmland.

"Buy Local"
Around here, you have to put on your sign if you are a farm or a reseller, and you can usually tell by how thick their french accent is. I wonder if the best way to ensure local stuff is joining a CSA.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Team_q posted:

"Buy Local"
Around here, you have to put on your sign if you are a farm or a reseller, and you can usually tell by how thick their french accent is. I wonder if the best way to ensure local stuff is joining a CSA.

Sadly, CSAs have some of the same issues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/dining/csa-farm-share-community-supported-agriculture.html

You just can't trust anything in this day and age. :smith:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh gently caress off you oval office

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't particularly like his caricatures, but i love this cartoon! It's perfect.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

This is particularly galling when you remember that the UK government and taxpayer could save a large amount of money by just letting them go to the US like they want, so the 'death panel' has no plausible motivations beyond the interests of the baby.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

You could also just hire a plumber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Hu6J3pEwQ

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

What are the chances this guy has ever been to a Farmer's Market?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Squashy Nipples posted:

And buyers can't tell the difference anyway.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wow did not expect to see a Death Dealer ref in this thread. That's a deep cut Priggee

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Of all the lovely marching orders, "you know what lawmakers are addicted to? Healthcare subsidies!" is possibly the loving dumbest.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Of all the lovely marching orders, "you know what lawmakers are addicted to? Healthcare subsidies!" is possibly the loving dumbest.

"Uh, but your constituents want you to offer healthcare subsidies. This cartoon you're in doesn't make a lick of sense!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

D.N. Nation posted:

"Uh, but your constituents want you to offer healthcare subsidies. This cartoon you're in doesn't make a lick of sense!"

The cartoonist has no idea how health care works.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

The elephant is hogging the bottle, if his constitutents call and ask him to bring some over to them (wherever they are, because apparently it's not Obamacare?) he will instead greedily guzzle it himself?

I got nothing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hasn't he said he'll continue writing music if he wins?

Also, where is he running?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The elephant is hogging the bottle, if his constitutents call and ask him to bring some over to them (wherever they are, because apparently it's not Obamacare?) he will instead greedily guzzle it himself?

I got nothing.

It's like that one Lester did during the W era, with the fat woman on a treadmill labeled "national security," exclaiming, "I just don't know why I can't seem to lose weight?!" All while gorging on a cake labeled "civil liberties." We're supposed to think the good thing is actually bad/detrimental.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's great repeal bill – Human rights groups and MPs are calling for further reassurances that rights will not be undermined by the bill to extricate Britain from the European Union"

Independent:

Brexit plans could fall apart 'like a chocolate orange', says auditor general

Times:

Theresa May says she shed a 'little tear' over election exit poll

Evening Standard:

Beyoncé publishes photo of her twins on Instagram

Mail:
MAC on... Britain's excitement at Jo Konta's Wimbledon semi-final

'I see, sir. You wanted to watch Parliament debating the Repeal Bill and your wife the Konta match - who won?'

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

I really like this caricature even if it doesn't look much like Trump.

ajrosales
Dec 19, 2003

I've decided that the caricatures of Don Jr. don't involve enough vampire glam. It's the hair and the teeth that give him away as a creature of the night.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Low hanging fruit.

Lower hanging fruit.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Vile posted:

Lower hanging fruit.
Gonna get this little dude painted on the bottom of my skateboard.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Playstation 4 posted:

Still extremely popular among kitchen staff and chefs in my experience.

That's probably because, in a lot of places, smokers get more breaks than non-smokers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

• Locked thread