Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Steve Yun posted:

I just realized, in order to make Captain America look as dweeby as possible in Spiderman Homecoming, they used his Avengers 1 outfit

They really need to make a less stupid looking cowl thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

This is kind of incredible because it's a major plot point in Civil War that Tony Stark is working on a way to edit and replace memories in this manner. All he had to do was ask Nick.

No, Stark's technology is to replicate the memory and then allow you to change what you would have done. It's a sort of therapy tool. You aren't replacing the memory, but you're able to relive it and do things differently.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Codependent Poster posted:

No, Stark's technology is to replicate the memory and then allow you to change what you would have done. It's a sort of therapy tool. You aren't replacing the memory, but you're able to relive it and do things differently.

That's the state it's in at the beginning of the movie. but he says later that the end goal of it is to remove+replace a memory permanently. It honestly felt like a Chekhov's Memory Wipe where maybe in an earlier version of the script it was to be used to remove the kill phrases/etc. from Bucky's mind at the end.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The final credits bonus is one of the best things ever. Just taking the absolute piss.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RBA Starblade posted:

Just have Danny DeVito again, what's the problem? He was great in Lethal Weapon 5.

Neo Rasa posted:

We're not worthy of this or his role in Lethal Weapons 5 and 6.

What are you guys referring to here?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Ledger impression?

To me it felt like he was playing it as, "If Jim Carey was doing a Ledger impression."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

thrawn527 posted:

What are you guys referring to here?

To me it felt like he was playing it as, "If Jim Carey was doing a Ledger impression."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iG1RV1rQ2M

EVEN SHARKS NEED WATER

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. It's wonderful.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

That's the state it's in at the beginning of the movie. but he says later that the end goal of it is to remove+replace a memory permanently. It honestly felt like a Chekhov's Memory Wipe where maybe in an earlier version of the script it was to be used to remove the kill phrases/etc. from Bucky's mind at the end.

That does make me wonder if Bucky's going to have a frozen cameo in Black Panther.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

That does make me wonder if Bucky's going to have a frozen cameo in Black Panther.

Someone's gonna rest their drink on his freezer compartment during a dialogue scene. An annoyed tech will place a coaster under their drink but no one mentions Bucky.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Stark shows up and rests his whiskey glass on Bucky's freezer to chill it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Steve Yun posted:

I just realized, in order to make Captain America look as dweeby as possible in Spiderman Homecoming, they used his Avengers 1 outfit

That's pretty drat funny.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What I really don't get is why Whedon thought that was comic accurate.

Comic accurate for Cap for the last forever would be a chainmail type armor.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's pretty drat funny.

I imagine Evans' reaction upon showing up to the set was, "Are you loving kidding me?" He hated that costume.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Seems like a stretch.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

I imagine Evans' reaction upon showing up to the set was, "Are you loving kidding me?" He hated that costume.

I'm sure when they laid it on him, he got the joke.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Would it work better with the Caps eye sockets filled in?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Burkion posted:

What I really don't get is why Whedon thought that was comic accurate.

Comic accurate for Cap for the last forever would be a chainmail type armor.

It's not accurate at all but I imagine even Whedon was disappointed when this...

Ended up looking so bad on screen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whedon should have got someone who could have lit it better.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Vintersorg posted:

The final credits bonus is one of the best things ever. Just taking the absolute piss.

I loving missed it. "No way they will do a SECOND after credits scene," thought I

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lighting wouldn't fix it.

The thing is too goddamn small. That image Prior gave shows a good example of this- it's got room to breathe, the neck has some looseness to it and the head piece doesn't look like a salad bowl that's too tight.

They made it out of cheap looking materials and a size too small. That's a terrible idea for a suit like this, especially when the neck piece connects to the head piece.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I think the flatness of the fabric is what really destroys it. It looks like cosplay.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Burkion posted:

Lighting wouldn't fix it.

The thing is too goddamn small. That image Prior gave shows a good example of this- it's got room to breathe, the neck has some looseness to it and the head piece doesn't look like a salad bowl that's too tight.

They made it out of cheap looking materials and a size too small. That's a terrible idea for a suit like this, especially when the neck piece connects to the head piece.

I agree with all of this. Thankfully Marvel and Evans are well aware of how poo poo it looks and appear to take it in good humour.

Thor's costume is also poo poo in Avengers. The design is fine but the material is too soft and instead of looking like futuristic armour it's clear that its just pleather or something.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 14, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

Whedon should have got someone who could have lit it better.

Seamus McGarvey is a great cinematographer. Problem is that Whedon is a poo poo director.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The Thor costumes are inconsistent in all of his films. Like, some scenes they look fine and then the very next scene they look like plastic-y Halloween costumes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LesterGroans posted:

The Thor costumes are inconsistent in all of his films. Like, some scenes they look fine and then the very next scene they look like plastic-y Halloween costumes.

Any sort of bright lighting is ridiculously unflattering to them. Loki's costumes have the same issue.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loving missed it. "No way they will do a SECOND after credits scene," thought I

In a way, that means you won.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
CA should just wear this loving thing in every movie.

There's no need to keep changing poo poo (It's only going to be worse than this).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

LesterGroans posted:

They actually mention this in the behind the scenes section on one of the Thor movies. Apparently, they had a high-quality suit, but it was difficult to move in.

The issues with Thor's costumes are why they started transitioning him to leather and sleeveless outfits .

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

eyebeem posted:

There's no need to keep changing poo poo (It's only going to be worse than this).

Cap's outfit only changes dramatically in the Whedon Avengers movies. His outfit in Infinity War is almost the exact same as his Civil War outfit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

eyebeem posted:

Or the Winter Soldier outfit. I liked the armored look of that suit.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

Or the Winter Soldier outfit. I liked the armored look of that suit.

I'm not a cosplayer or anything, but I liked that one enough that my wife ordered me a custom made version from China. It's been my "It's Halloween or I'm going to a party that requires a costume" attire for the last few years.

It looks good, and is subtle enough that a lot of people just think I'm dressed as an air force pilot (unless I'm carrying a shield).

Gratuitous shot of my son and I the first Halloween I had it:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Dude, GotG 2 had 5.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ive resorted to loading up my browser when the movie ends and typing "********* after credits" which pulls up various sites that tell you if its worth a drat or not.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MediaStinger.com's entire existence is to tell if there's anything during or after the credits. I usually look it up before the movie or right when it ends so that I can covertly go to the bathroom while all the other nerds wait for an after credits scene that just won't happen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

MediaStinger.com's entire existence is to tell if there's anything during or after the credits. I usually look it up before the movie or right when it ends so that I can covertly go to the bathroom while all the other nerds wait for an after credits scene that just won't happen.

And most movies you'd have plenty of time to go to the bathroom and cons back for the after credits scene

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And most movies you'd have plenty of time to go to the bathroom and cons back for the after credits scene

I know I'm bringing it up again, but GotG 2 kind of wrecked this, too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, Guardians 2 was crazy. Five stinger scenes!?!?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Are they any good?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Outside of the Peter Quill and Stallone commercials, the rest were silly moments that wouldn't have fit anywhere in the movie.

Edit: Vvv Oops. I meant that guy, not Peter Quill.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Outside of the Peter Quill and Stallone commercials, the rest were silly moments that wouldn't have fit anywhere in the movie.

The one setting up Adam Warlock could be relevant plot wise, but there's not much there.

• Locked thread