Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/885928440125378560

How many people could fit in this fuckin' room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aves Maria! posted:

that poster may not be entirely sincere

It's a gimmick.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Jaxyon posted:

oh look it's somebody smarter than me making the point better

nah dude your posts commonly include a lot more content and insight and i enjoy your posting.

sorry you got poo poo on for a page. hey don't use the n word ok.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

oh look it's somebody smarter than me making the point better

Note the lack of racial slurs or comparisons to rape.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZMhe1WeCQ
The kid starting to cry at the end completes this.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 14, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phoix posted:

Trump Jr
Manafort
Kushner
Veselnitskaya
russian spy guy
russian provocateur guyy
goldstone

only one left.
Looks like an empty seat on the campaign side of that table. WHO THE gently caress WAS IT DONNY?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Yeeesh I just can't loving tell anymore. I blame Kellyanne Conway's ugly bitch cow face that I wouldn't gently caress in a million years.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phoix posted:

It's a clown administration, of course their meetings are held in clown cars.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The impressive thing about Steve King is that every time you think you can't hate him any more than you already do, he opens his mouth and finds some new way of stoking your ire.

I wonder how often the author gets confused for him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really think Priebus was there. He was in the building at the time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What he won't do though: bring up allegations of the DNC taking Russian money

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Please stop posting the hilarious shock sexism as a response to criticism.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

We do call bigotry out when we see it happening from our side, but the left isn't immune to it.

We're still allowed to mock people though. We call McConnell a turtle, we call Sessions a Keebler Elf, and Conway shouldn't be immune to that just because she's a woman. She holds a huge position of power and is responsible for disseminating a lot of false information. Don't make gendered insults obviously but shut up with the "so much for the tolerant left" concern trolling because someone said a politician looks ugly.

comparing anthropomorphism of an elf and a turtle to mocking conway because she doesn't meet the standards of appearance we have developed for women in the public light is not the same

imagine those lil clapping hands between each word above

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rigel posted:

Congressman Steve King from the 4th district of Iowa is widely considered in this thread to be the most evil member of congress.
Of all the Steve Kings who could have been hit by a van, why couldn't have been this one instead?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

What he won't do though: bring up allegations of the DNC taking Russian money

That angle is so loving hilarious.

If they had a SHRED of proof about that, it would be up and down every press outfit from Huffpo to Brietbart and it would've been released in 2016.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What amazes me is that all these spies and corrupt politicians/businessmen have never heard of sending a go-between to these meetings. Any sane person would send someone disconnected to the group on paper so that they would have plausibly deniability​. But no, they sent their campaign manager and the candate's OWN SON.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Chilichimp posted:

Trump Jr
Manafort
Kushner
Veselnitskaya
russian spy guy
russian provocateur guyy
goldstone

only one left.
Looks like an empty seat on the campaign side of that table. WHO THE gently caress WAS IT DONNY?

I feel like if it was Trump the Russians would have already said. Could be wrong, but...

We should look for the dumbest possible choice, because that's who it's probably going to be. I'm betting Sessions, though Flynn's a possibility.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, I think the initial objections to the Conway mockery were kind of silly, but now it's just getting gross.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Bicyclops posted:

Ok, ok, don't get your panties in a bunch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Aves Maria! posted:

the problem isn't you checking people, it was continuing this awful derail for multiple pages

Why aren't you bitching at the people continuing the derail by being sexist / rude to entire members of marginalized groups to everyone in earshot, some of whom surely have to hear those things way too often for it to be healthy? Why are you just yelling at the person who is neutrally pointing out a simple fact they observe? Why is it OK to also harm innocent bystanders in your attempts to attack evil people, who are definitely less likely to be reading the insults?

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
Didn't we see Reince going into the building?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Phoix posted:

it was the biggest room

yuge etc

also this is almost as amazing as donny js initial email release. fully expecting him to tweet the sign in sheet along with punch cards, elevator logs, camera stills and security badge swipes for each attendee soon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Sensible Thursday posted:

I'm not sure if that tweet about a reporter seeing Reince go into the building was real or not.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Chilichimp posted:

That angle is so loving hilarious.

If they had a SHRED of proof about that, it would be up and down every press outfit from Huffpo to Brietbart and it would've been released in 2016.

i think they probably do have proof there's russian money going to the dnc/dems but the fact that there's also money going to the rnc/gop means they can't say poo poo about it

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jennifer Rubin is really mad about the state of the GOP you guys.

quote:

If the GOP had not become unhinged about the Clintons, would it have rationalized Trump as the lesser of two evils? Only in the crazed bubble of right-wing hysteria does an ethically challenged, moderate Democrat become a threat to Western civilization and Trump the salvation of America.

Indeed, for decades now, demonization — of gays, immigrants, Democrats, the media, feminists, etc. — has been the animating spirit behind much of the right. It has distorted its assessment of reality, giving us anti-immigrant hysteria, promulgating disrespect for the law (how many “respectable” conservatives suggested disregarding the Supreme Court’s decision on gay marriage?), elevating Fox News hosts’ blatantly false propaganda as the counterweight to liberal media bias and preventing serious policy debate. For seven years, the party vilified Obamacare without an accurate assessment of its faults and feasible alternative plans. “Obama bad” or “Clinton bad” became the only credo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sensible Thursday posted:

It's a big building

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really think Priebus was there. He was in the building at the time.

I haven't heard that name in what must be years now since we're all in some of Chinese hell of nothing mattering

What's he been up to lately? Other than following his lawyers' advice to keep his mouth shut unlike everyone else involved. Or maybe he has been flipped. He does look like a little twerp stoolie bitch.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

skylined! posted:

point is that harping on women's looks perpetuates a culture of sexual objectivity. it's ok to recognize that even if conway is human garbage because calling it out is about ending the behavior not defending the person.

comparing it to objectifying men is a false dichotomy and dishonest/dumb/gross mra garbage

also suggests a lack of creativity because come on anyone with eyeballs can see she's ugly as heck get some new material

in short y'all need to get woke. russia tryna end us son

As long as privilege politics get routinely deployed to basically mean 'it's okay when I mock you but not okay for you to mock me,' it's never going to move beyond preaching to the choir. Calling women you don't like bitches or sluts isn't great, but people post photoshopped pictures of Steve Bannon to make him look even more grotesque than really is, and Trump is attacked as an old fat piece of poo poo on a regular basis (oh no fat shaming!). Taking a bold stance against sexism when people attack Kellyanne for her looks is disingenuously out of context and/or elevating your single priority above how loving awful she is by turning her into some kind of victim. She's absolutely not, she just happens to look like a reanimated carcass.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The one about Donnie cray/crazy typo : Maybe Donnie wants to make Merica's Crayfish industry great again. Why the fuckcan't I get crayfish where I live!.

Milo 's failed book: LOL at not getting the wingnut book welfare.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dear Constant Reader,

Thank you for your criticism regarding Rep. Steve King's latest comment that poor people should be crucified, but you've got the wrong address. I am a horror writer, and you are seeking the actual horror-person, who is a United States Representative, with the power to make laws. There was supposed to be a Senate to stop him, but it turns out the Turtle couldn't help us.

Regards,

Stephen King, the author

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What amazes me is that all these spies and corrupt politicians/businessmen have never heard of sending a go-between to these meetings. Any sane person would send someone disconnected to the group on paper so that they would have plausibly deniability​. But no, they sent their campaign manager and the candate's OWN SON.

Saw a comment on Twitter that this is why nepotism always runs into trouble. If it's just someone you hired you can jettison them and say "we fired the bad apple" and be done with it, but you can't fire your family. Trump can't rid himself of Don Jr and Kushner no matter how deep the poo poo that they end up in.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the talent deficit posted:

i think they probably do have proof there's russian money going to the dnc/dems but the fact that there's also money going to the rnc/gop means they can't say poo poo about it

As soon as proof shows the money going to the GOP, they'll turn to "Well, Dems did it too," like they did with the Ukraine intel.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Saw a comment on Twitter that this is why nepotism always runs into trouble. If it's just someone you hired you can jettison them and say "we fired the bad apple" and be done with it, but you can't fire your family. Trump can't rid himself of Don Jr and Kushner no matter how deep the poo poo that they end up in.

Sure he could. He just won't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LaserShark posted:

I feel like if it was Trump the Russians would have already said. Could be wrong, but...

We should look for the dumbest possible choice, because that's who it's probably going to be. I'm betting Sessions, though Flynn's a possibility.

lol, it's gonna be sessions.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like CNN is trying to be cute referring to it as a "Session" in their headline.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Sinteres posted:

Sure he could. He just won't.

Well Kushner could be fired maybe. But Don Jr doesn't even have an official position. I suppose he could publicly disown his son but that's unlikely.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phoix posted:

"Oh yes, also Dori, Ori, and Nori were there"

"Oh, I forgot to mention, Bifur and Bofur were there too"

"Did I overlook Kili and Fili?"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Sinteres posted:

As long as privilege politics get routinely deployed to basically mean 'it's okay when I mock you but not okay for you to mock me,' it's never going to move beyond preaching to the choir. Calling women you don't like bitches or sluts isn't great, but people post photoshopped pictures of Steve Bannon to make him look even more grotesque than really is, and Trump is attacked as an old fat piece of poo poo on a regular basis (oh no fat shaming!). Taking a bold stance against sexism when people attack Kellyanne for her looks is disingenuously out of context and/or elevating your single priority above how loving awful she is by turning her into some kind of victim. She's absolutely not, she just happens to look like a reanimated carcass.

k however

can you describe to me the motive for making trump et al look even more grotesque

now can you do the same re:conway

yes there are those that will use every progressive self examination to exploit so what

skylined! fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 14, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

yeah Flynn's already a bit of a fall guy, so if he was there, they'd probably say and try to pin some of the blame on him. Unless they think that'd piss him off enough to start talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Scipiotik posted:

I feel like CNN is trying to be cute referring to it as a "Session" in their headline.

They're trying real hard to keep sessions out of it, I bet, because it would loving destroy him to have sat in on that meeting and then checked "none" next to foreign contacts on his security clearance form.

• Locked thread