Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Saying that calling someone a term for a child is racist when used towards members of a specific race (but not others then it's okay) is racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Insulting people who beat women using whatever language you feel like is cool.

So you're saying you can call a black man the n-word as long as he's bad?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Conor's racism is going to make the fight way more satisfying when Mayweather totally destroys him with a flurry of body blows, demonstrably proving the genetic superiority of the black race.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think the argument here is that it wouldn't be racist to call a black guy the n-word if you also called a Mexican guy the n-word first.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Conor's racism is going to make the fight way more satisfying when Mayweather totally destroys him with a flurry of body blows, demonstrably proving the genetic superiority of the black race.

I actually think this is gonna turn into a white vs black thing instead of an MMA vs Boxing thing. Sort of bored with the whole race wars narrative in everything. What happens when Connor knocks Floyd out inside of 4 rounds?

big money big clit posted:

I think the argument here is that it wouldn't be racist to call a black guy the n-word if you also called a Mexican guy the n-word first.

Exactly, but not just the Mexican guy. Like everyone. Call everyone the n word and then call the black guy then word. How racist is that? If anything that's racially inclusive.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 14, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
If nothing else, it'll solidfy PPV sales from people who wanna see Conor get his rear end beat.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

What happens when Connor knocks Floyd out inside of 4 rounds?

Whites will finally stand up and take their place in society and history.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I actually start believing the Conor hype.

And bookies lose their loving minds

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

I actually start believing the Conor hype.

And bookies lose their loving minds

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Saying you don't see race is basically everyone's response to being called racist and then responding to it.

That's why it is almost exclusively said by racists. They are trying to get out from under racist poo poo they said. It is actually every easy to not be called a racist.

Calling a black man boy is racist. You cannot excuse it.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What if it's a black man calling another black man boy? Like Clubber Lang to Apollo Creed Snr in Rocky III

Or a black man calling a white man boy? Also Clubber Lang this time to Rocky "The Italian Stallion" Balboa in Rocky III

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

...and the pitch! posted:

That's why it is almost exclusively said by racists. They are trying to get out from under racist poo poo they said. It is actually every easy to not be called a racist.

Calling a black man boy is racist. You cannot excuse it.

Idk dude you're acting really racist right now.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I actually think this is gonna turn into a white vs black thing instead of an MMA vs Boxing thing. Sort of bored with the whole race wars narrative in everything. What happens when Connor knocks Floyd out inside of 4 rounds?
I think so but it's also boxing we're talking about. Racial conflict is bound up in it to a greater extent than other sports.

Serious.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Saying "I'm not racist" sounds like something a racist would say hmmmm

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Idk dude you're acting really racist right now.

Oh boy. I'm the real racist. How clever. You got me.

I hope that was fun for you somehow but it seems like you're defending casual racism.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

lol if you are defending conor

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Saying "I'm not racist" sounds like something a racist would say hmmmm

Step up your game.

If you notice overt racism it makes you the racist.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

According to internet definitions, Conor is now a Nazi. Which, if my calculations are correct, makes Floyd Mayweather Antifa

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Oh boy. I'm the real racist. How clever. You got me.

I hope that was fun for you somehow but it seems like you're defending casual racism.

I mean, it seems like you're casually racist.

Cyber Dog posted:

lol if you are defending conor

I have to protect his honor. This is obviously a race war now.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

According to internet definitions, Conor is now a Nazi. Which, if my calculations are correct, makes Floyd Mayweather Antifa

It only makes him a racist. Admiring Hitler and being a practicing white supremacist makes you a nazi.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I mean, it seems like you're casually racist.

No you!

This is what you've sunk to. Apparently I am glue and you are rubber.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I think so but it's also boxing we're talking about. Racial conflict is bound up in it to a greater extent than other sports.

Serious.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Floyd's biggest fights have racial conflict. It's a great money strategy that worked for him for years, which is one reason why it's hilarious to see it used against him.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The amount gross fucks defending casual racism in this thread is not surprising.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

I'm shocked and appalled that the uneducated plumber from Dublin suddenly thrust into the national spotlight isn't racially conscious and progressive

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

The amount gross fucks defending casual racism in this thread is not surprising.

When has racism ever hurt anybody?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

It only makes him a racist. Admiring Hitler and being a practicing white supremacist makes you a nazi.

Jesus.

I'd rather speculate on how Floyd is gonna get squashed by a dude with 0 practical experience in the sport he claims to be a master of for the past 21 years. That the guy doing t is white is uninteresting to me.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

If the fight goes how we expect it to, a better analogy would have Conor as the 4chan kekistan type that gets humiliated whenever they're in public

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Jesus.

I'd rather speculate on how Floyd is gonna get squashed by a dude with 0 practical experience in the sport he claims to be a master of for the past 21 years. That the guy doing t is white is uninteresting to me.

He said racist poo poo. I'm not going after him for being white you ding dong.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

No you!

This is what you've sunk to. Apparently I am glue and you are rubber.

Yea it's all my fault. Not the guy who been harping on racial prejudice when a word thats void of any specific ethnicity is used from any race toward specifically black dudes. Let's say Conor whipped out a lash and and started chewing wheat grass, then called Floyd boy. Maybe I'd see the angle there. But he's doing literally what he always does.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Hopefully an FBI investigation to see which organized crime family paid off Floyd.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Yea it's all my fault. Not the guy who been harping on racial prejudice when a word thats void of any specific ethnicity is used from any race toward specifically black dudes. Let's say Conor whipped out a lash and and started chewing wheat grass, then called Floyd boy. Maybe I'd see the angle there. But he's doing literally what he always does.

Maybe when black people own Irish slaves in the US for a few hundred years we can call it even but until then Conor would have to be a complete idiot to not understand the racial implications of using the word boy.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

hint: he's been racist before this. Saying he was going to ride in to Aldo's favella and kill anyone not fit to work comes to mind, but keep stanning for dude.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This word that is devoid of ethnic meaning but you wouldn't say it to Mayweather's face.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

This is like getting mad at the wrestler portraying Sgt Slaughter because of a promo he did lmao

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Conor would have to be a complete idiot to not understand the racial implications of using the word boy.

That, or a European who has only lived in the US for a few years.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maybe when black people own Irish slaves in the US for a few hundred years we can call it even but until then Conor would have to be a complete idiot to not understand the racial implications of using the word boy.

The people who started the slave trade in the US decided that enslaving blacks was bad, then decades later decided genocide of the Irish was good.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

This is like getting mad at the wrestler portraying Sgt Slaughter because of a promo he did lmao

Hey a lot of pro wrestling gimmicks are super racist. That's a curious derail.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh Conor is being racist as hell. No doubt about that.

Boxing is a bad sport.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Floyd's biggest fights have racial conflict. It's a great money strategy that worked for him for years, which is one reason why it's hilarious to see it used against him.
Or go into any Spanish-speaking bar when a Latin fighter is challenging a black fighter. It's an ugly scene.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rigel posted:

That, or a European who has only lived in the US for a few years.

That dog won't hunt. UK uses boy in the same racist fashion.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

im sure hes as racist as the next guy but it doesnt have that kind of connotation in the uk and ireland or probably anywhere else in the world outside of america for that matter

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

That guy has a shirt that says "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

im sure hes as racist as the next guy but it doesnt have that kind of connotation in the uk and ireland or probably anywhere else in the world outside of america for that matter

I think it does but I'm not prepared to do any research.

• Locked thread