Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
McCain's gonna be slightly perturbed when finds out the 8th person in the meeting was Rasputin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
It was a little orphan Russian boy there to help cry out for the plight of Russian adoptions.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The last person in the meeting will be revealed to be Hillary Clinton. All cable news anchors immediately stop, stare into the camera in confusion on how to spin this, get nosebleeds, then pass out face-first into their desks.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

glowing-fish posted:

I don't think Trump has planned for much. He does have a cunning to him, though.

I guess the most surprising thing for me is that I learned that I am an ethnic minority in my own country. (Although I don't live in the US)

What we have learned is that basically, because Donald Trump represents an ethnic group (Eastern Americans, who at this point should be considered a separate ethnic group, whose loyal to their ethnic identity is more than than their loyalty to the nation) that is a plurality but not a majority, other Americans who are Americans through citizenship and not through ethnic belonging, are basically not important.

So I realized that as a Western American, I am a second class citizen in my own country, if I lived there.

Maybe given that you don't actually live in any of the places you talk about, including the United States, you should refrain from making stupid claims about demographics and who votes for whom.

The GOP is a collection of various groups of primarily white people that have been cobbled together over time in common cause manipulated by a relatively small group of sociopaths in service of the American Oligarchy through a sophisticated PR campaign of misinformation, dis-education and and a complete lack of anything remotely resembling a sense of shame.

If you look at any regional electoral map you will see in plain relief that every state is purple, with cities being blue, mainly due to the fact that living in a city by its very nature requires one to be able to find common cause and co-operate and compromise just to semi function with the gradient shifting through purple to deep red the further you get from a population center. This applies to your beloved Montana as much as it does to New York. Hell even if you look at Texas the legislature of which we lefty Texans not so lovingly refer to as the national laboratory for bad government our metropolitan areas are blue, Houston, San Antonio, DFW. All blue. We're just diluted due to a more widely distributed population of a truly massive state.

There are a number of reasons for this, but it largely comes down to the fact that the further you get the concentrated population centers the less obvious the benefits of government and collectivivism are. These are people who wrongly belief that they are independent and self sufficient. They are this way because the most obvious and direct interaction they have with government is paying taxes and having to adhere to laws that they find onerous. They have a hard time making the connection between their contribution to the whole and what they get in return because they often what they get is much more subtle and less immediately obvious. They don't really grasp the fact that they only reason they have access to services such as say electricity or aren't constantly being the victim of roaming marauders is because the government subsidizes and forces power companies to get it to them and provides military and police protection. That their individual contributions are inconsequential in comparison to the costs of supporting them by the collective.

The GOP has capitalized on their ego's and their false sense of independence, while flaming their envy over the things they see the government doing for people in cities. Which is why you will hear them constantly going on about how the government is wasting their tax dollars on things that benefit city dwellers. It get's a racial tint because due to a number of different factors that would be too cumbersome in discussing here minority populations tend to be concentrated in cities. Thus idea of those "urbans" getting Obamaphones and Welfare offend them because they mistakenly believe that they contribute more than they get from the system. Something that the Republican party and the right wing of American politics has been more than happy to encourage.

The left has a hard time getting purchase with them because people tend to believe things that they want to believe. Things that reinforce their internal notions and the truth attacks these people at the core of their identity. No one really wants to hear that they are parasites of a system. That are only able to persist to exist in anything resembling modern state because the people who live in the cities subsidize them. It calls lie to their idea of self sufficiency and independence and thus the truth is a direct attack on their ego and sense of identity.

The right because they lack any principle or sense of decency or shame are more than happy to tell these people what they want to hear, to reinforce their misplaced beliefs and stroke their fragile egos.

This applies to all the groups that make up the Conservative coalition. They get the rich by telling them that they are the cleverest and hardest working, they get the evangelicals by telling them that they are the most pious and God fearing. They get the Pepe's by telling them "no, you are the ones being oppressed.". In the end the Right get's to take advantage of people's fear. And when you really get to it, it isn't so much fear of the other, but fear that they aren't who they think they are. They desperately want to be special and that's exactly what the GOP tells them.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Probably just some random Russian person we've never heard of with suspected connections to powerful people.

Don't spread this heretical lack of faith among the believers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

In which Fox News, for one brief moment, actually acknowledges reality:

https://twitter.com/LeanneNaramore/status/885948819875262465

Ahahaha that pause when it cuts back to Wallace

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

skylined! posted:

whooo the fuuckkkkk was the thiirrddd perssonnnnnn

money's on putin with a mustache and monocle

Trump: "I like the way Nitup thinks!"

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
Stop responding to glowing fish you idiots

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hulk Hogan was the third man

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

In a shocking turn of events, the final Cylon turns out to be..... Meghan McCain!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh my god why would you write all these words in response to the mountain-man gimmick

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Chilichimp posted:

Shep's earning a reputation as a "lib" on Fox, but that's coming from someone who assumes anyone right of Reagan is a communist, so I don't honestly know. Also, Chris Wallace is a loving hack and has been since he did a hit interview with Bill Clinton after 9/11 where he tried to blame 9/11 on the Clinton administration.
My crazy aunt has posted multiple memes demanding Shep Smith's firing.

I'm kind of surprised he's still there because he's the last step between a news station and the full on propaganda network they really want to be.

e: and for real why didn't these dumb motherfuckers just report everything after leaking the goddamn email.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Superrodan posted:

There were so many little weird things about this video, it reminded me of something purposely edited just to be a little bit off. The shots of Trump just completely not reacting except the one shot where he turns and says something to the person next to him, the weird bomb drone shot, then the shot of all the people clapping off beat at the end where the clapping immediately stops when they cut away.

It's just really bizarre.

Please someone gif the breeze gently wafting through his toupee at 0:46

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm rubbing my thighs in anticipation

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Voyager I posted:

Up your dosage. Trump is not going to publicly sell the country to Vladimir Putin.

Publicly no, he will use intermediaries like Rohrabacher. This is SOP for any of the countries where Putin has managed to infiltrate their government. It gets stuffed with corrupt cronies who sell everything off to other corrupt cronies.

Also FWIW I'm about 80% of the way there to being certain this is going to result in the mattering. Even within the context of my work this is just too blatant and too nakedly corrupt to get enough people to go along with it. Certainly the White House itself seems to be in a death spiral of suspicion and its only a matter of time before the self interested weasels that infest Trump's inner circle start racing to cut a deal with the Feds. I was just offering commentary on what the likely result would be if this winds up going nowhere.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

He's waiting for 5pm EST. This is the 5 o clock Friday drop my friends. Prepare your butts, I have a feeling it's gonna be a major one.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
The last person was obviously James Comey in a seth rich corpse disguise.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

berserker posted:

He's waiting for 5pm EST. This is the 5 o clock Friday drop my friends. Prepare your butts, I have a feeling it's gonna be a major one.

Yeah, in about an hour there will be another news drop or two to kick off the weekend.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

berserker posted:

Wasn't Preibus still the chairman of the RNC at the time? Cause big if true he was in the meeting.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope he's scooped and then maybe reporters will stop waiting to drop poo poo

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
wait, mountain man isn't even from America?

goddamnit, he really is the best troll I've seen in a while

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

berserker posted:

https://twitter.com/lucasasuazo1/status/885946878759587840

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

McCain's gonna be slightly perturbed when finds out the 8th person in the meeting was Rasputin.

Nah. He is going to be lightly puzzled after finding out he himself was the 8th person.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The last person was obviously James Comey in a seth rich corpse disguise.

no disguise... it was his skin

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Wasn't Preibus still the chairman of the RNC at the time? Cause big if true he was in the meeting.

Yes, this was during the campaign so Preibus would have been head of the RNC. If Preibus were there it would indicate very strongly that Jr. wasn't just "taking a meeting," he thought he could get some dirt on Clinton and the DNC so he brought along the RNC chair too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought of someone better than Reince. Roger Ailes

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 14, 2017

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

berserker posted:

You're getting your hopes up way too high

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
The idea that the US is going to be owned by Russian oligarchs is ridiculous if only because American oligarchs are richer and more influential than Russian ones.

I guess the Russians might gain a bigger share of the pie.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/885877232656363521

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought of someone better than Reince. Rupert Murdoch

Ivanka would be the low key best answer.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

The idea that the US is going to be owned by Russian oligarches is ridiculous if only because American oligarches are richer and more influential than Russian ones.

I guess the Russians might gain a bigger share of the pie.

Yeah, i was going to say that we already have our own oligarchs that are destroying our country, the Russians just wanted a piece of the pie.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

berserker posted:

That's not how the 5pm Friday drop works. The idea is the administration/campaign/etc drops something at Friday 5pm, so reporters can't report on it til Monday. Reporters don't do a 5pm Friday news drop themselves.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Rotacixe posted:

Nah. He is going to be lightly puzzled after finding out he himself was the 8th person.

Reportedly he's deeply concerned by this.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/mla1396/status/885957353119653888

Letter wherein Grassley requested more info on Akmetshin back in April.

Also the guy has met with Rohrbacher outside the US, because of course he has.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

What if it's Ben Ghazi?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Barron strikes again.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
What if the extra person in the meeting was Rohrabacher, that would be kinda funny

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spacebump posted:

What if it's Ben Ghazi?

Vilerat didn't die; he got captured and flipped by HYDRA.
Like the Winter Soldier.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

oh my god why would you write all these words in response to the mountain-man gimmick

Forget glowingfish, that's actually a pretty spot on, and very clear, explanation of how the republican party gathers it's diffuse parts together, esp. with respect to sov-cit lite types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Is it really hacking if they're just given the password.

• Locked thread