Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Trabisnikof posted:

That's not how the 5pm Friday drop works. The idea is the administration/campaign/etc drops something at Friday 5pm, so reporters can't report on it til Monday. Reporters don't do a 5pm Friday news drop themselves.

Reporters have consistently been dropping big stories between 5-7pm since this administration started, possibly to gently caress with white house staffers who then have to stay late to deal with the latest poo poo bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

RiggenBlaque posted:

You're getting your hopes up way too high

The funny and sad thing is that any one of these even relatively minor breaks would have sunk many a presidency before now.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

That's not how the 5pm Friday drop works. The idea is the administration/campaign/etc drops something at Friday 5pm, so reporters can't report on it til Monday. Reporters don't do a 5pm Friday news drop themselves.

I thought news agencies pretty routinely dropped new stories at 5pm, including Fridays, because it gets the most viewership during the evening/weekend when the admin will be slow to coordinate a response. That sword cuts both ways.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I hope every last one of you is right. I want everybody to be the 8th man. God bless America.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

The funny and sad thing is that any one of these even relatively minor breaks would have sunk many a presidency before now.

The funnier and sadder things is he should have been sunk on the campaign trail with all his poo poo so we didn't have to deal with this bullshit

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Rotacixe posted:

Nah. He is going to be lightly puzzled after finding out he himself was the 8th person.

One of the very few dudes I would actually believe when giving a sequence of I Don't Recalls while testifying.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Crain posted:

Is it really hacking if they're just given the password.

The easiest way to gain access to someone's account is to email or call them at work, say you're from IT and that you need them to verify their user name and password. That also happens to be the most common way.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/885912850320863232

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

This is the best possible answer.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
the 8th man is actually Orson Welles standing in a dark corner with a kitten

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pellisworth posted:

I thought news agencies pretty routinely dropped new stories at 5pm, including Fridays, because it gets the most viewership during the evening/weekend when the admin will be slow to coordinate a response. That sword cuts both ways.

Traditionally the term hasn't meant media reporting: http://politicaldictionary.com/words/friday-news-dump/

quote:

Friday news dump Releasing bad news or documents on a Friday afternoon in an attempt to avoid media scrutiny.

NPR: “Often, the White House sets the release of bad news and unflattering documents to late Friday afternoon. The Pentagon and other agencies also use the practice, a legacy of earlier administrations.”

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

My crazy aunt has posted multiple memes demanding Shep Smith's firing.

I'm kind of surprised he's still there because he's the last step between a news station and the full on propaganda network they really want to be.

e: and for real why didn't these dumb motherfuckers just report everything after leaking the goddamn email.

Fox News needs their punching bag to prove how much better they are than the liberals.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My money's on Priebus. That tweet sounds pretty telling.

And yeah, the sheer number of lies and omissions that have been spooned out about this meeting, in slow drips and later contradictions, has convinced me that we're not near the end of this.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

How are we getting this information again? Is it being leaked, or are people cross-referencing Kushner's thrice-amended security form?

Are the people that have been outed even reported on Kushner's security form?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It was me. I was the eighth person in the meeting, and I gave the Russians the secret to the Genesis torpedo. Sorry.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's this guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/885960685636726784

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/885960554531213312

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/885948057224871936

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/885948315443089409

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I couldn't begin to guess who the eighth person was, but I'm 100% certain they declared that live from New York, it's Saturday Night.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

zenguitarman posted:

Are the people that have been outed even reported on Kushner's security form?

He'll send out another amended form as soon as all the names have leaked.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hahhahahahha

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/885959109769670656

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Inb4 thread derail on how body shaming is bad and being mean to facists never work and we should simply politely disagree as they destroy the country but never insult.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
If the NYTimes is waiting to drop the name of the last person in the meeting, then the answer is it must be someone very boring, like a flunky or secretary. Big news just drops without warning, always. No need for build up if it is genuinely big.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Good luck finding a new one, Kushner. Hope they all end up having to defend themselves. As the old saying goes "he who chooses to defend himself has a fool for a lawyer."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wish it would be Bannon at the meeting but unfortunately I think he might be the guy in Trumps camp that's furthest from all the Russia stuff.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dwarf74 posted:

My money's on Priebus. That tweet sounds pretty telling.

And yeah, the sheer number of lies and omissions that have been spooned out about this meeting, in slow drips and later contradictions, has convinced me that we're not near the end of this.

Don't we already know Priebus was spotted going into Trump Tower around the time of the meeting? (Due to an old reporter tweet.) He might not have been at the meeting but he was at least in the building.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

aware of dog posted:

Barron strikes again.

The last person in the meeting was Barron, half hidden in shadow, a single hand visible playing with a figit spinner.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Not huge news since it was already assumed once Veselnitskaya was identified, but it fucks up the rights narrative that Rinat was only there to translate. :v:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Trasson posted:

The easiest way to gain access to someone's account is to email or call them at work, say you're from IT and that you need them to verify their user name and password. That also happens to be the most common way.

I meant given as in via certified mail.

With a fruit basket.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Inb4 thread derail on how body shaming is bad and being mean to facists never work and we should simply politely disagree as they destroy the country but never insult.

this thread rags on Trump's appearance all the goddamn time and nobody takes issue. make more sense Covok

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/885947704144211968

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This almost looks like half of Pac Man is trying to eat Trump's head.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Trabisnikof posted:

Traditionally the term hasn't meant media reporting: http://politicaldictionary.com/words/friday-news-dump/

It was beneficial to throw your own poo poo out on Friday back when people got their news from weeknight TV news hours, because you could hope it would get buried by weekend events before people watched the news again in a few days.

Today people go home from work and are bombarded with news all weekend, so it's done a 180 and turned into a great way to shove someone's nose in their own poo poo for a few days.

Covok
May 27, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

this thread rags on Trump's appearance all the goddamn time and nobody takes issue. make more sense Covok

Did you not see the five page derail on how its bad to make fun of people's appearances? It was only like a few pages ago.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Jr sits at the table surrounded by the seven known people and an eighth shadowy figure. No one notices the eighth person, despite Jr.'s desperate attempts to make them see. Suddenly, blood.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Fox is getting pretty out there

https://twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/885947704144211968

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Covok posted:

Did you not see the five page derail
Yes, and we were glad it had finally ended.
Don't restart it, please. Pretty please.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Somewhere the corpse of FDR rustles.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

THEY WANNA SUPPRESS THE VOTE! I'LL SHOW THEM

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

DaveWoo posted:

I guess this is the new defense for Trump Jr:

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/885929021816676358

Someone needs to point out that the accurate analogy would be if people admit meeting to discuss and plan a robbery then a robbery happens but they claim that it's completely coincidental that the robbery happened after their planning meeting, was the bank they discussed robbing around the time they were planning on robbing it.

Of course you could always ask if they are in favor of commuting the sentences all the Muslim "terrorists" were were arrested because they fell for on of those FBI setups where the only people the "terrorist" ever interacted with were FBI agents and there was never any actual risk of a terror attack happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

THEY WANNA SUPPRESS THE VOTE! I'LL SHOW THEM

too bad they can't register to vote again later

• Locked thread