Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Aquapolis is the courting dance with Lady Luck, only her favorite drink is your disappointment.

Bartender! A drink for the lovely lady if you please!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Goddamn for 10k or less that's basically free money. Everyone should do a few rounds in the 'polis.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can get dragonskin maps from Wondrous Tails too now

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

SL the Pyro posted:

I once saw a Susano EX group with a hypercompetent healer who told us not to give a poo poo about the lightning markers and would consistently throw out 10k+ heals so we could just keep wailing on the boss. :aaaaa:

Granted, this is still inferior to tanking the boss up at the edge of the sinking line so people who have to hop over can still attack, but the fight really isn't as hard to heal as people think if bullshit like the above is possible. The only reason I die tanking the fight at this point (in full Slaying right-sides, I might add) is because the Healer is either raising some dumbfuck or just outright forgets.

treating the lightning markers as an extra-wild ukehi phase is fun as hell, but i wouldn't recommend it for random groups. also it's pretty easy to heal unless someone forgets a cooldown on assail/stormsplitter and gets imploded from 100% with low maxhp

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm starting to think that materia prices are going to get hosed on Tuesday. I know plenty of people are hoarding cracked clusters (myself included) and if Lost Canals vomits materia as much as Aquapolis, I'm thinking that we will see far far more supply than demand.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 14, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I heard the final room of aquapolis just has three scratched off 10k cactpot tickets in it

I got 3 x 10k's once, it was great.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SwissArmyDruid posted:

And then the other tank is so incompetent that as soon as they provoke for Stormsplitter, they completely annihilate your work in perfectly positioning the boss. :cripes:

To be fair Susanoo is really picky about positioning, even if you're standing directly on the targeting circle he'll decide to walk forward a few inches.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In the final room of aquapolis, all AST cards are expanded balances

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
As someone who has been there more anyone else in this thread, I can confirm that in the final room of Aquapolis, you have a tea party with Haurchefant, Louisoix, Moenbryda, and Papalymo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The final room of Aquapolis is just a bench under a tree

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eureka likely coming in 4.1
Ivalice raid coming in 4.1

my god.........

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The only way to revive Aeris is to go to the bottom of the Aquapolis and beat the boss there without using Knights of the Round.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
german players get to go the verboten land of eureka

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
At the bottom of Aquapolis, occasionally the chest will contain 65 green cherries that rot upon leaving the instance.

There may also be a non-hostile yeti there doing the moogle dance.

There have been no instances where they have both existed in that room at the same time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mordiceius posted:

As someone who has been there more anyone else in this thread, I can confirm that in the final room of Aquapolis, you have a tea party with Haurchefant, Louisoix, Moenbryda, and Papalymo.

Wait a second. I'm not sure I wanna go to this tea party... :ohdear:

I don't wanna die!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So WHMs, is there more to knowing when to use Medica (2) or Cure 3 than "are people clumped y/n"?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

So WHMs, is there more to knowing when to use Medica (2) or Cure 3 than "are people clumped y/n"?

Honestly Cure 3 is of really limited use. You use Cure 3 if a group of people who need healing are clumped up in a tight circle and not much else. Due to the nature of large group damage Medica/2 see infinitely more use.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not a great whm but I think the situations for the three aoe heals are:

Medica--use when there isn't any more raidwide damage incoming, nobody is more than moderately damaged, and assize's cooldown isn't coming off soon
Medica 2--use when you need a lot of healing but people aren't clumped, or when there's more damage incoming so the hot matters
Cure 3--use when everybody is very damaged, they're clumped, and there's no more damage incoming

Medica 2 you obviously don't want to use if the hot is already up so swap it out for one of the other two if you would use it again

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SJW Forum?

I got temp-banned on the forum for posting in a thread that was related to The Lochs being congested. This makes me more upset I tried to voice my opinion about the issue. Is it my fault the forum mods are as butthurt as I am? Don't we pay a sub to get functionality out of this game? Then to temp-ban for something as frivolous as this is really, really sad.

Thread Title:
Please Fix MSQ

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines:
Use of inappropriate or aggressive language.
Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.

Content in Violation of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines:
I've been trying to get in for loving 3 hours now to catch up MSQ and still can't because the zone is congested. Really annoying...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm literally not sure if I've ever casted cure 3 and I regularly forget that it's even on my castbar. Between Medica 2 and Assize I rarely even bother with Medica 1, much less Cure 3.

Please note, i'm a mediocre healer who avoids difficult content, but even with that disclaimer I feel like I'm in good company with my cure 3 neglect

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
How long after each primal patch did they bump bird drop rates and add their mounts to the vendors?

Wondering if I should bother saving up totems now or if it'll be some poo poo that drops way later in the patch cycle where it'll just be easier to go punch susex/lakex in a farm group for a few hours to get the mount.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I get some mileage out of cure 3 on stack markers even in easy content because that's the only situation where you can get the bard to stop jumping in circles around the arena

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I'm starting to think that materia prices are going to get hosed on Tuesday. I know plenty of people are hoarding cracked clusters (myself included) and if Lost Canals vomits materia as much as Aquapolis, I'm thinking that we will see far far more supply than demand.

i strongly doubt you're gonna see vi's drop dramatically. demand is going to go up on Tuesday as well because that's when gear it actually makes sense to use VI's on

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I get some mileage out of cure 3 on stack markers even in easy content because that's the only situation where you can get the bard to stop jumping in circles around the arena

I've noticed a positive correlation with pubbie bards who seem to think if they stop bunny hopping like it's Quake they're gonna die and pubbie bards that are bad at little things like "stay out of the bad color floor" and "kill the thing ensnaring the healer".

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah, susano normal. Should be a fun, relatively painless story primal *wipe three times because one healer keeps crashing and the other doesnt know what aoe healing is*

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i strongly doubt you're gonna see vi's drop dramatically. demand is going to go up on Tuesday as well because that's when gear it actually makes sense to use VI's on

Except I've heard multiple people talking about sitting on 100+ clusters. I'd assume that a large percentage of people are sitting on at least 5-10 clusters. I would also venture to guess that Lost Canals will also give out a decent supply of (random) VI's. I just question what the demand will be versus the supply.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm literally not sure if I've ever casted cure 3 and I regularly forget that it's even on my castbar. Between Medica 2 and Assize I rarely even bother with Medica 1, much less Cure 3.

Please note, i'm a mediocre healer who avoids difficult content, but even with that disclaimer I feel like I'm in good company with my cure 3 neglect

you will want to get more familiar with the other two buttons if you want to heal susano extreme, cure 3 is extremely powerful and good (but obviously useless if everyone is spread out like an idiot).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I did the thing and got my free server transfer, and drat does 200-something less latency make a difference in the feel of the combat. Thanks for letting me know about the free transfer :3:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Ciaphas posted:

Assuming an 8-person party where everyone is in Medica range:
Cure 3 is more instantly applied healing than Medica 2 with 3 people in range and better than Medica 1 with 5 people.
Cure 3 is more instantly applied healing per mana spent than Medica 2 with 4 people in range and better than Medica 1 with 6 people.

Medica 1 is always both higher potency and more mana efficient as an instant heal than Medica 2. If you don't need the HoT, use Medica 1.
Medica 2 breaks even with Medica 1 on healing potency after 6 seconds, passes it at 9, if everyone is benefiting from the regen (ie not at full health when it ticks).
Medica 2 breaks even with Medica 1 on mana efficiency after 12 seconds, passes it at 15, if everyone is benefiting from the regen (ie not at full health when it ticks).

On a single target (e.g. tank in a 4-man dungeon), using both Medica 2 and Regen instead of just Regen increases your regen-based healing by 33% and the mana cost of maintaining regens on tnak by 162%.
At level 70, the two casts of Medica 2 per minute cost 4080 mana, the equivalent of casting Cure 1 on the tank every 8.8 seconds.

Waci fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 14, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I remember when my group was doing Sephirot EX when it was current we'd have our WHM Cure 3 after double jumps and after Ratzon because he'd do his triple Tiferet afterwards and that's a lot of raidwide.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I have a toolbar with all of the following stuck in a corner unused at this point:
  • Cure 1
  • Cure 3
  • Plenary Indulgence
  • Repose
  • Fluid Aura

Also, I'm the person who spent week 1 rezzing people at the start of Exdeath because it never occurred to me to put Esuna back on my bar after 10 levels without it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Toshimo posted:

I have a toolbar with all of the following stuck in a corner unused at this point:
  • Cure 1
  • Cure 3
  • Plenary Indulgence
  • Repose
  • Fluid Aura

Also, I'm the person who spent week 1 rezzing people at the start of Exdeath because it never occurred to me to put Esuna back on my bar after 10 levels without it.

Cure 1 is good

Even though in easy content you usually don't care about mana efficiency, it's still really useful when you're nearly empty from spamming holy and the enemies are still alive because the ninja kept doing single-target

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

• Cure 1
  • Cure 3
  • Plenary Indulgence
  • Repose
  • Fluid Aura

Cure 1 is useful sometimes, especially if you're low on MP/just died/whatever and while Plenary Indulgence isn't great there's no reason NOT to be using it when you have it. It's free healing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I ended up melding VIs onto 320 gear because I had a healthy supply of clusters and a static member was whining about "but GUYS we need to be ready to go as soon as savage opens up!"

If nothing else it's fun having ~1600 crit, ~1300 DH, and SS/Det both above 1100 all at once.

Also I welcome a market crash and an ample supply of materia VI for all. :ussr:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Cure 1 can eat my butthole until it gives 💯% chance to get lillies.

Plenary Indulgence is frustrating as hell when you can't get it to fire and OH WAIT THOSE ARE SOMEONE ELSES CONFESSION STACKS GG.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002099.html

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
It's super dumb to me that they added a lilies interface to WHM and their capstone uses a completely different proprietary resource stack

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't imagine a situation where I would possibly make a different decision based on whether or not I had lilies.

They should have just had cure 2 chop N seconds off your CDs instead

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My Susano Story:
Some goons helped me clear it and it wasn't all that tight. It took a couple of tries because a few of us were new and needed to grasp certain positioning mechanics.

My Aquapolis Story:
I went in by myself, saw "Synced to 180? That's sorta w-" and then immediately got killed in the first treasure room by a swarm of enemies.

So overall pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't imagine a situation where I would possibly make a different decision based on whether or not I had lilies.

They should have just had cure 2 chop N seconds off your CDs instead

To Divine Benison or not to Divine Benison.