Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fried Watermelon posted:

I would obviously be a knight or samurai or perhaps even a gladiator depending on how far back you sent me

I'm trying to imagine how modern exercise techniques could help there, but I don't know if there'd be an effective way to do high-intensity interval training when you only have hour-glasses and sundials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Barudak posted:

I would assuredly be dead.

:same:
i am a big ol cornfed ogre now that would probably be miserably tilling the soil or hammering horseshoes, but i was born with pneumonia so :rip:

romanticising premodern times where people were constantly covered in poo poo and you had 15 kids so 6 would survive to adolescence to help you shovel dirt is dumb af.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

As an occasional sex haver, I'd have to say that if given the choice between eternal virginity and running water; I'd take the running water.

Incels have built up sex as the panacea to all their problems, which is why they never want to have it. Because deep down they know that the moment they did have sex, the illusion would shatter and they would just be the same losers they are as virgins but with no excuse.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

LanceHunter posted:

I'm trying to imagine how modern exercise techniques could help there, but I don't know if there'd be an effective way to do high-intensity interval training when you only have hour-glasses and sundials.

:ssh: Gladiators had high-carb diets so they'd get a layer of subcutaneous fat on their bodies. Less risk of dying from cuts, plus surface wounds spurt a bunch and give audience the blood they want to see without slowing your down!

But high-carb diets lead to brittle bones, so you'd have to take calcium supplements - charred wood or bone ash, mixed with water. Delicious!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

LanceHunter posted:

Put one bucket over another, give it a small bung hole, and figure out whatever amount of water you want to use to measure the time. Dumping water from the bottom back to the top can be part of the workout, even

Why, yes, I did just want to say bung hole

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Didn't gladiators have top tier healthcare, which romans were actually pretty good at for their time?

Just to tie this into the actual topics, gladiators were popular with the ladies but banging them was considered unfit for the highborn. Which I can only assume means that the roman dudes writing that were ancient incels. Goddamn Chaddius Maximus, just because he's a celebrity with a perfectly sculpted body he gets all the ladies. :argh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I'd say it's like screwing a garbageman. They're super fit from working out all day, but they're in a societal position where people go "eew" for no real reason (as long as they clean up after their job)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Except watching garbagemen do their work isn't hugely popular. I'd compare them more to movie stars in that their job is to basically be in a great shape and to put on a good show every now and then.

e: v yeah pro athletes is a much better comparison, somehow that totally escaped me

bloom fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 14, 2017

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
pretty much American football athletes :v:

e: which is why US is rightfully the Fifth Rome, you didn't steal that eagle and leaded the gently caress out of your water for nothing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I've long thought pro wrestlers are the closest modern-day analogue to gladiators - they make their living by fighting each other in arenas, after all, and wrestling is considered a low-class entertainment. You even have the "popular with women" angle covered when you factor in babyfaces. Yes, real injuries - much less deaths - are uncommon because it's all choreographed, but even gladiatorial combat was much less deadly than the popular imagination suggests - about 1 in 3 matches were fatal.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Improbable Lobster posted:

If they're fake they are insanely dedicated and have been at it for years and exclusively post in r/incel and r/incel adjacent reddit boards.

Oh, I meant fake like, these people are making up stories and theories. Not that they don't in fact exist.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bloom posted:

Goddamn Chaddius Maximus

Incel's just can't compete.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pththya-lyi posted:

I've long thought pro wrestlers are the closest modern-day analogue to gladiators - they make their living by fighting each other in arenas, after all, and wrestling is considered a low-class entertainment. You even have the "popular with women" angle covered when you factor in babyfaces. Yes, real injuries - much less deaths - are uncommon because it's all choreographed, but even gladiatorial combat was much less deadly than the popular imagination suggests - about 1 in 3 matches were fatal.

I want to see the gladiator version of the Cass and Enzo feud.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

But what is his canthal tilt?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
28.6 degrees but I didn't have my most accurate protractor with me so....

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Muffintop, 1.35/10 at best

Though being that white adds at least 3.18, so he might be able to work his way up to getting the scraps from a chad using one of those immigrant femoids

weab00
Feb 12, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I saw a actual neckbeard in real life yesterday. He was fat, pimply, had a hideous scraggly neck beard and was literally wearing a fedora and a black t-shirt that said 'I'm not quiet, I just don't like you'. He was walking around the food court with his partner and child. Even hideous nerds can get laid.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I want to make Incel music

Im looking for ;

Bassist

-Drummer

-Keyboards

-Lyricist / Singer

I play guitar, I have some ideas for song themes , music and lyrics

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

quote:

Imagine being so sheltered that you cry from the words of angry virgins on the internet
..later that day..

quote:

How often do you cry? Last night was the worst for me

I think I've cried an equal amount of times or more this summer as in my previous 22 years combined. Just these last 4 nights, I cried during 3 of them. But last night was by far my worst.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

lazorexplosion posted:

I play guitar, I have some ideas for song themes , music and lyrics

I'm sitting in at my computer right now quietly chanting "Please post lyrics. Please post lyrics. Please post lyrics. Please post lyrics. Please post lyrics...."

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Virgin is not enough

I want a girl who never loved anyone, never crushed on anyone, never kissed or hugged another guy. I want her to have no idiot friends to corrupt her easily led mind. I would want her to not be attached to anyone, not even her family. What's better than being someone's everything and vice versa? But women have declared such relationship is controlling and unhealthy, whereas being poly is great and shows how self assured you are. Remember, women love confidence and what's more confident than being a cuck, at least in their fictional world normies inhabit...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

lazorexplosion posted:

Virgin is not enough

I want a girl who never loved anyone, never crushed on anyone, never kissed or hugged another guy. I want her to have no idiot friends to corrupt her easily led mind. I would want her to not be attached to anyone, not even her family. What's better than being someone's everything and vice versa? But women have declared such relationship is controlling and unhealthy, whereas being poly is great and shows how self assured you are. Remember, women love confidence and what's more confident than being a cuck, at least in their fictional world normies inhabit...

I'm looking to buy an infant to raise in a box. Does anyone know where to buy a baby hoo-man? :females:

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 15, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bloom posted:

Didn't gladiators have top tier healthcare, which romans were actually pretty good at for their time?

Romans also invented drive-thru restaurants

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

I'm looking to buy an infant to raise in a box. Does anyone know where to buy a baby?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Day#Wife_training_project

No one tell the incels. It'll create the perfect storm of "If only I'd been born earlier..."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"loving chaddius gets all the women. I bet it's because of his beautifully small penis. If only I didn't have such a gigantic donkey dick that could never please a woman, then I wouldn't be alone!!" - an ancient Greek incel blaming societal standards of beauty for his lonesome garbage existence

I love this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really wish someone would make a r/hapas thread but I don't have the stomach to brave those deeps.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm done standing up for WMAF couples with obvious racist basis. My friend Jessica defends her white worship and it's incredible, we live in a majority Asian area and she insists she just happens to be into white guys. As an asexual incel, I'm done standing up for this kind of relationship, my reasoning simply doesn't get to people like this. Boys with yellow fever get away with this all the time and never again will I support this parasitic bond. These guys have all dated at least 2 Asian girls, only East Asian, and she's dated four white guys. Only white guys. Anyone with me? Let's make the world a better place and stand up for ourselves and equality, as well as healthy relationships. Only real coincidences, no serial fetish baby pursuing. I stopped talking to them today, he's a beta weeaboo who doesn't deserve her and she's stooping to the same level. Let's be strong, fellow hapa males and females. Who's with me #pact #pact #pact

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pancakes posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Day#Wife_training_project

No one tell the incels. It'll create the perfect storm of "If only I'd been born earlier..."

quote:

The girls became ill, and quarrelled. Day decided to give up on Lucretia, who he did not think could satisfy him intellectually. Sabrina he felt was still a possibility, but her character had to be further strengthened. After dropping hot wax on her arms and hearing her scream, though, he gave up in despair.

:wtc:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pain is the mindkiller.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

It's called being alpha

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Sidney

quote:

Around the same time he developed a list of requirements for his future wife, that she should be subservient and pure but also able to discuss philosophy and live without frivolities. These high standards, combined with his generally unlikeable personality, meant that his advances were rejected by several women while he was at university.

My dude is the Patron Saint of Incels

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

:wtc:

Sabrina he felt was still a possibility, but her character had to be further strengthened. After dropping hot wax on her arms and hearing her scream, though, he gave up in despair.

According to incels, all women are into this and all manner of BDSM as long as it's a Chad doing it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chad is such a lovable scamp. Incels really shoot themselves in the foot by not just being Chad in all things. Honestly, Chad is just an amazing way of being and seeing the world.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
From now on I'm going to hug the people at the urinal beside me while I piss all over the floor. Live life, bitches!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Didn't she end up marrying his best friend and repeatedly writing to him calling him a creep when she found out the full story of his bullshit? He was also an only child, inherited money and dropped out of college. He eventually did marry and declared that his wife wasn't allowed to have any contact with her family. He really is the ur-incel.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

From now on I'm going to hug the people at the urinal beside me while I piss all over the floor. Live life, bitches!

Perhaps the world would be a better place if everyone showed such camaraderie.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Probably thinking about this from the wrong perspective (read: somewhat logically, and with a modicum of sanity), but how do incels reconcile the fact that they're a product of a Chad and a Stacy?

I'm assuming there's like some weird Oedipus poo poo, but they don't wanna gently caress their mom cuz chadad cucked them by conceiving them.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/885531836729970688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
uhh lets not

• Locked thread