Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
perhaps I'm being nostalgic but it seems like the silly season used to make a lot more sense.

also kinda funny Bonucci went for so much less than big virgil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Well, seems like losing at least one key player per season is a Juve tradition, this sucks.

Hopefully this is the catalyst for Rugani to become a world beater, or maybe even recall Caldara and start working on the new hot Italian CB pairing early

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Thirteenth Step posted:

Kyle Walker for 50 million lmao oh dear

Uhh I think you meant that he's a good lad joining his boyhood club??

https://twitter.com/kylewalker2/status/885871106099474433

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
We're going to play a hilarious back 3 of Fernandinho-Kolarov-Walker at least once this season, mark my words

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Well, seems like losing at least one key player per season is a Juve tradition, this sucks.

Hopefully this is the catalyst for Rugani to become a world beater, or maybe even recall Caldara and start working on the new hot Italian CB pairing early

I doubt Atalanta will end Caldara's loan early, they refused to do so with Spinazzola.

I think Juve still are solid at CB, especially if Allegri sticks with a back 4. Probably need to sign someone for depth this year until Caldara arrives next summer.

Or just play big Mario at CB, we're overdue for a striker/CB hybrid, he's the new John Charles.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah I think Caldara will be better off staying at Atalanta for now. As you said Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia and Rugani are enough, maybe add someone else for cover.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Kyle Walker is the most expensive defender ever. We've seen it all, folks

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Yeah I think Caldara will be better off staying at Atalanta for now. As you said Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia and Rugani are enough, maybe add someone else for cover.

Now I'm all :thunk:
https://twitter.com/juvefcdotcom/status/885865233658597376

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Juve have an embarrassment of good CB's, they'll be fine in that department. Milan just took the best one :evilbuddy:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Spurs were looking like becoming regular top 4 and title contenders, why the gently caress are they flogging off the spine of the team?

e: Is it simply The Obvious Reason?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

hughes wanted firing ages ago

Agreed but I was thinking more of the CEO and whoever else handles transfers. We effectively had a deal in place to sign him for £8m and now we find ourselves either losing him or having to spend £12+m to have a chance at signing him. Its sheer incompetence.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ninpo posted:

Spurs were looking like becoming regular top 4 and title contenders, why the gently caress are they flogging off the spine of the team?

They just signed Trippier to a 5 year deal and he is going to slot in and probably be the same as Walker :shrug:

I'd take the 50m too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Guardian's take on it was that Trippier was already being preferred over Walker for big games at the end of the season, and that Poch is only being allowed to spend what he makes off player sales

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Gigi Galli posted:

def whoosh. Hellas is back, though, so Lazio is probably in the clear as far as most racist club goes. Lucas seems like a pretty direct replacement for Biglia.

do Lazio have a scout called Lucas Hunter?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Strawman posted:

do Lazio have a scout called Lucas Hunter?

lol

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

trem_two posted:

Yeah that was exactly my thought too.

In other news
https://twitter.com/Tuzos/status/885790452343087104

Is he that crocked that he had to go to Mexico? I figured he would've just gone back to Japan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Akileese posted:

Is he that crocked that he had to go to Mexico? I figured he would've just gone back to Japan.

Doesn't the Mexican league pay very well?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

There's a lot of money in Liga MX, probably mostly dirty money, but a lot of it.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

trem_two posted:

In other news

Thought this was some cartel beheading video

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If a fat gypsy like Gignac can hack it there's hope for any player to die in a barrel filled with acid

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ninpo posted:

Walker was already being phased out in favour of Trippier towards the end of last season. He still has those lose-a-few-games-every-season lapses in concentration, but Dier, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Lloris have pretty much entirely glossed over that. Seeing City try to do the same with Stones, Bravo et al should be entertaining. His prime attribute is his pace, he's not going to be getting any faster with time. Tottenham have gotten away with daylight robbery here.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trippier is twice the footballer Walker is he just can't run as far and fast.

Cool and good Swansea local boy Connor Roberts has joined the mighty Boro on loan for the season. Bit annoyed as he's definitely not worse than Rangel or Naughton and was probably the best player on the pitch playing out of position in the loss to Barnet the other night.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AJ_Impy posted:

Walker was already being phased out in favour of Trippier towards the end of last season. He still has those lose-a-few-games-every-season lapses in concentration, but Dier, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Lloris have pretty much entirely glossed over that. Seeing City try to do the same with Stones, Bravo et al should be entertaining. His prime attribute is his pace, he's not going to be getting any faster with time. Tottenham have gotten away with daylight robbery here.

Ah, I see. In that case, this transfer is funny, to me

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

trem_two posted:

I doubt Atalanta will end Caldara's loan early, they refused to do so with Spinazzola.

I think Juve still are solid at CB, especially if Allegri sticks with a back 4. Probably need to sign someone for depth this year until Caldara arrives next summer.

Or just play big Mario at CB, we're overdue for a striker/CB hybrid, he's the new John Charles.

Steven Caulker is available

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

trem_two posted:

In other news

2010 World Cup Honda RIP just RIP

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

See what I mean lol

So hegav is rich??? Hmmmmm......

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sneijder terminated his contract with Galatasaray, and is apparently joining an MLS team.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sneijder to United getting scuppered by a Daily Mail journalist is one of my favourite transfer stories ever.

There needs to be a book purely about great transfer sagas because theres so many now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Sneijder terminated his contract with Galatasaray, and is apparently joining an MLS team.

He needs to hit up an Arab country in order to complete the retirement tour hat trick.

E: I guess China, too.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Gorn Myson posted:

Sneijder to United getting scuppered by a Daily Mail journalist is one of my favourite transfer stories ever.

There needs to be a book purely about great transfer sagas because theres so many now.

You could probably write that book entirely about lovely United transfer sagas since Gill and Ferguson left.

Like the time they met imposters in Bilbao instead of Herrera's agents. Or the time Woodward flew home from a pre-season tour for URGENT TRANSFER BUSINESS and literally nothing happened.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

sassassin posted:

Trippier is twice the footballer Walker is he just can't run as far and fast.

Yeah, the second Trippier came good with his conditioning last year Kyle Walker's walking papers were drafted.

50 million for a pacey defender with a questionable football brain is insane. He won't get any better.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

webmeister posted:

You could probably write that book entirely about lovely United transfer sagas since Gill and Ferguson left.

Like the time they met imposters in Bilbao instead of Herrera's agents. Or the time Woodward flew home from a pre-season tour for URGENT TRANSFER BUSINESS and literally nothing happened.

Post your favorite transfer sagas. Here are my best transfer sagas:

1. Odemwengie in QPR's parking lot
2. The babelcopter
3. Some club expecting to sign Berbatov and finding out that the transfer was off when his plane landed and he wasn't on it.
4. £40,000,001
5. De Gea and the fax machine

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

2. The babelcopter
3. Some club expecting to sign Berbatov and finding out that the transfer was off when his plane landed and he wasn't on it.
4. £40,000,001

Andrew Carroll for £35,012,000.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

blue footed boobie posted:

2. The babelcopter
4. £40,000,001

'arry

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Bébé

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Barcelona trading Eto'o for Ibra and then getting absolutely loving owned in the CL.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Who was it who used the private plane one club (Everton maybe?) had arranged for them to travel somewhere else and sign for a different club?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

Yeah, the second Trippier came good with his conditioning last year Kyle Walker's walking papers were drafted.

50 million for a pacey defender with a questionable football brain is insane. He won't get any better.

Guardiola will turn him into the world's greatest playmaking midfielder. I believe the German conception of the position is Einsatzgruppen Kommandant.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Who was it who used the private plane one club (Everton maybe?) had arranged for them to travel somewhere else and sign for a different club?

I think Newcastle flew someone to the UK once and they signed for someone else, wasn't that long ago but forgot who it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bacon Terrorist posted:

This is the Moussa Sissoko saga, but he turned off his phone and dodged the private plane Everton sent for him altogether in order to waste Tottenham's money sign for Spurs.

• Locked thread