Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Most of the "elder brother as legal guardian" stories belong in the r/relationships pantheon, I think. There was also the barbarian boyfriend who would carry his massive dog over his shoulders like a cape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [23F] ex's [25M] mom [40'sF] shared a "On This Day" memory of my ex, his brother and myself on Facebook. His new girlfriend [20's?F] blew up on me.

quote:

I'll keep this short.

My ex, Ross and I broke up over a year ago now. We started growing apart and wanted different things out of life. We have kept things civil, kept each other on social media but we don't talk, unless we see each other in public. I have decided to stay single until I finish my masters, but he now has a new girlfriend, Krystal.

I was very close with Ross's family. I still have them all on Facebook but we don't talk unless it's to wish each other a Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, etc. Only a handful of times a year out of respect for Ross. They do "like" my posts, especially his mother. I asked Ross if he would rather I unfriend them, but he says he's cool with it and not to worry.

The other day, I received a notification from Ross's mom. She shared a "memory" with me in it; it was of myself, Ross and his younger brother when we were on vacation three years ago. His mom wrote "Miss the beach! Can't wait for summer!"

I thought it was a little weird and awkward to say the least, but I didn't say anything. A few hours later, I received a Facebook message from Krystal, saying:

"u/throwxyz22, I don't know why you feel the need to still keep tabs on Ross's family, but you need to back off. Accept the fact that he is MY boyfriend and please remove yourself as his friend as well as the rest of the family's. I have replaced you and you serve no purpose to be in their lives anymore. Grow up and get over yourself."

I haven't even responded, but I am so confused. I have met Krystal once when I bumped into them grocery shopping. Ross introduced us and we exchanged pleasantries; she seemed really kind.

What do I say? Do I say anything to Ross or his mother? Talk to Krystal herself? I didn't even share the post! I'm so confused.

TLDR - My ex's mom shared a Facebook memory that included my ex, his brother and myself. His girlfriend sent me an angry Facebook message telling me to get over them.

[UPDATE] My [23F] ex's [25M] mom [40'sF] shared a "On This Day" memory of my ex, his brother and myself on Facebook. His new girlfriend [20's?F] blew up on me.

quote:

I posted on Reddit a couple of days after I received the message from Krystal. After reading your comments, I agreed that I did not owe Krystal any response or action but I did think that sending a screenshot to Ross would be the best idea. If he had a problem with me being friends with him/keeping in touch with his family on social media, I would have no problem deleting them. To me, that should come from him, not her.

So later that night, I sent Ross a screenshot of the message Krystal sent me and I added:

"Hey Ross. I received this message from Krystal a few days ago. Not sure what this is about, but if you have any issues with me being friends with you and/or your family on Facebook, just let me know and I will respect that. Thanks!"

I saw that he read the message a couple of hours later. He didn't respond that night but I got a message from him late the next morning. He said:

"throwxyz22, thanks for sending me that screenshot. I had no idea that Krystal messaged you and I want to apologize for her behavior. She was completely out of line in sending you that.

I spoke with her yesterday after I saw your message and she got pretty defensive. She told me that she saw that my mom still has pictures of you in one of our photo albums and when she saw that my mom shared that memory of us on vacation, she got really insecure and took it out on you. She has never come to me and talked about it but I told her that there is nothing to worry about and both you and I have moved on. This upset her even more and she accused me of cheating and said she found a sex tape of us on my laptop and threatened to show it to my mom. At this point I just told her we're over. I think that yous should just block her on Facebook because she will probably try to take it out on you. You didn't do anything wrong. Sorry for bringing you into this mess lol but thank you for giving me the heads up... I dodged a bullet there."

So... that escalated quickly.

For the record, Ross and I never made a sex tape. Any NSFW ones that we did make were deleted immediately after watching. I called him to firm that up and he assured me she didn't find anything, she was just using it as ammunition to try to get him to admit that he either 1. Had a NSFW video with me or 2. Was cheating on her with me.

Not really much to say other than that! I've blocked her on all social media and haven't heard anything since. I hope she doesn't have my phone number, haha.

Situations like these make me happy that I have chosen to stay single for a little while. Thanks for all of your advice Reddit :) It really helped!

TL;DR: I told Ross about Krystal. She accused him of cheating and threatened him, so he broke up with her. I've blocked her on all social media now.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Clearly A Dog posted:

It's pretty loving sad this guy was the catalyst of destruction in this girls relationship with her mom... >_>;

:murder:

On the flip side, I found it incredibly heart-warming that the instant she called her family that she was on the outs with for help (that he also drove away from her) they were there in an instant.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

blarzgh posted:

On the flip side, I found it incredibly heart-warming that the instant she called her family that she was on the outs with for help (that he also drove away from her) they were there in an instant.

I'm going to bet all of a dollar that a big percent of the reason for the estrangement was her rear end hat of an ex.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm going to bet all of a dollar that a big percent of the reason for the estrangement was her rear end hat of an ex.

No doubt.

Haifisch posted:

My [23F] ex's [25M] mom [40'sF] shared a "On This Day" memory of my ex, his brother and myself on Facebook.

This was all I had to read to know that dude's family hates his new girlfriend.

Clearly A Dog
Jun 14, 2017

woof o_o

blarzgh posted:

Seriously...

I wonder what would have happened if they didn't come help her out...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Clearly A Dog posted:

Seriously...

I wonder what would have happened if they didn't come help her out...

A tv special that starts with "They had a perfect marriage, so why did this man kill his wife and daughter?"

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My husband (48M) is having a midlife crisis and invested all of our savings into bitcoins. I (46F) have no idea what to do now

quote:

What the title says. I'm alternating between having a panic attack and just being in shock. Today I went online to make a payment and saw there was $216 in our bank account. Yep. All the rest was gone. The activity showed a series of massive withdrawals over the past week. I immediately called the bank assuming fraud or an error. They looked and told me they didn't have any way of knowing where the money went or who took it out, only that it had been withdrawn. I cancelled my credit card and called my husband to tell him to do the same. The bank said they'd investigate and hopefully reimburse us.
But when I explained it to my husband he said he was the one who did it. He took out all our savings (over 50k) and exchanged it on the internet for "bitcoins". He said he'd been reading about the financial opportunity in bitcoin investment or something and the way he explained it made it sound like he thought if he bought a bunch he'd eventually get back even more money than what he spent??? Except even if so it would be in whatever this bitcoin thing is, not normal currency so there's no point??? What can you even buy with that in the real world! He may as well have literally set fire to our savings. And he said this was going to be a "surprise", that when his investment paid off he'd be able to tell me we were rich. I wasn't "supposed to look at our account" until then. What the gently caress.

This is the latest and most extreme thing in what's been an obsessive midlife crisis of sorts around everything to do with technology. I say midlife crisis because that's the closest term for it. My husband a few months ago started hanging out with some younger guys (20s-30s) from his company and these guys are into programming and things like that in their free time. Since then he's become obsessed with teaching himself coding languages, keeping up with tech news, buying random gadgets, arguing online about how some kind of software is better than another, just all this stuff he never showed much interest in before. He's bought 3 different new laptops and a second desktop monitor. He talks about wanting us to move to Silicon Valley so he can start a start-up (he has never been able to say what the start up would do). He watched a TV show about a hacker and spent a week trying to "hack" into his company's system for no reason than because he thought it would be cool. He's obsessed with the group Anonymous. He also often rambles to me about tech related things that I just don't understand, it's made spending time together very tiring for me. I'd even considered posting for advice about that here before but never got around to it. Now I'm writing this wishing it had just stopped there.

I barely understand any of this crap and I don't care. I don't even think HE understands it either. He is constantly having problems with all the coding and hacking things he tries to do and texting the younger guys about it, then complaining to me when what they suggest doesn't work or they don't respond, saying they're retarded, he doesn't need them anyway and can do it himself. And then he can't and drops it for a new random project. So the fact that he just decided to throw out our savings on this bitcoin thing without realizing how loving STUPID that is, is really just more of this same pattern where looking cool by playing around with techy stuff is all he cares about.

I honestly think I want a divorce over this. But people don't think rationally when angry and that's why I'm writing for some outside feedback. Help??

TL;DR my husband pissed away our entire savings on bitcoin. He's single mindedly obsessed with technology and being cool to a group of guys 20 years younger than him.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

My husband (48M) is having a midlife crisis and invested all of our savings into bitcoins. I (46F) have no idea what to do now
:murder: with extreme prejudice.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

La Brea Carpet posted:

Yeah the answer is divorce. Hopefully the court can order him to liquidate the magic internet beans to mitigate the savings loss but probably not.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yeah the answer is divorce. Hopefully the court can order him to liquidate the magic internet beans to mitigate the savings loss but probably not.

isn't one of the fun things about bitcoin finding another sucker willing to exchange large quantities of bitcoin for real money so you can cash out

that money's gone

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 14, 2017

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol that money is GONE

enjoy poverty lady

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

isn't one of the fun things about bitcoin finding someone willing to exchange large quantities of bitcoin for real money so you can cash out

that money's gone
I'm not up on the current state of bitcoin, but last I heard your choices were pretty much "deal with someone irl and hope they're just a harmless nerd" or "use an online exchange and hope the full amount of real money appears".

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

isn't one of the fun things about bitcoin finding another sucker willing to exchange large quantities of bitcoin for real money so you can cash out

that money's gone

yeah at this point bitcoin is mostly hyped to suckers so that they inject cash into the system so others can sell their bitcoins

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

isn't one of the fun things about bitcoin finding someone willing to exchange large quantities of bitcoin for real money so you can cash out

that money's gone

Yeah cashing back out is a lot more difficult than buying in even if they are nominally worth a thousand each or whatever crazy amount, and ideologically the people who buy into this kind of thing are the type who would think their magic internet money is beyond the reach of mere family court and go to extreme contempt of court lengths to defy an order to sell them off (to the degree you even can) as long as possible.

e so yeah :murder:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:laffo: the original thread got locked & deleted already.

I assume the mods there didn't want to handle bitcoin drama.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ironically, this guy probably helped some other sucker cash out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

my favorite part about the pete story was the goon who got super pissed off that we all said he was completely justified in dumping her for asking to go on vacation to the vice capital of the world with a guy she used to gently caress

I do think goons tend to be a bit too harsh on her considering she was probably more hopelessly naive rather than actively planning on being unfaithful, but even then there's still no denying that Pete's response was a 100% pro move.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Mameluke posted:

Most of the "elder brother as legal guardian" stories belong in the r/relationships pantheon, I think. There was also the barbarian boyfriend who would carry his massive dog over his shoulders like a cape.

Haha, wasn't the OP on that giant man/dog hefter story a younger teenage girl that was clearly jealous that dude was so awesome? Like she felt replaced by her cousin or something?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
(Non-Romantic) My (29F) wife (28F) and I work together and were anticipating becoming business partners with our boss (40M). I just got into a seriously bizarre confrontation with HIS wife (40F) and now we need some help navigating this!

quote:

(long-rear end post you don't really need to read)

tl;dr: Wife and I planned on buying into a business with our current boss. Boss's wife and I had a totally pointless emotionally charged confrontation ending in her raising her voice and me crying. My wife and I have decided to not go into business after the confrontation happened, now boss wants to meet me (not my wife) to figure this out. How do I navigate this?

(UPDATE!) My (29F) wife (28F) and I work together and were anticipating becoming business partners with our boss (40M). I got into a bizarre confrontation with HIS wife (40F) and now we need help navigating the situation!

quote:

Hi all! I have to say, I really am blown away by the diplomacy and sympathy I received with my first post; I really thought this was a pretty mild topic that wouldn't receive too much attention so I'm really grateful for everyone that took the time to comment! Seriously, once I hit 7 up votes/4 comments I thought that would be the end of it!

I want to clarify and expand on a few details before I dive into the updated situation: First, I have absolutely NO ego about my job. I'm a freaking waitress! I'm completely aware it's unskilled labor and certainly doesn't take any specific skill to be competent at it. That said, I LOVE my job. I served and bartended through two college degrees and kept on going afterward- I have a BLAST at work! But I am absolutely aware that my wife is a significantly more valuable employee and were this a simple employment situation, I would happily just move to a new job.

I also wanted to clarify on the owner's wife's interference when I snapped at her. She wasn't simply checking on tables/refilling water glasses/pre-bussing tables (pre-bussing = clearing empty plates from the table while diners are still seated). At one point she was standing at one of my tables for about 3-4 minutes (which is a LONG rear end TIME in the restaurant world) talking about : her 4 kids and which ones still breastfed/her mortgage/how much they would lose if the business failed/the application process my wife went through to become the head chef/the owner's wife's own work history, etc. It was incredibly inappropriate and a really invasive service style. I usually don't even let my own guests know I'm married to the chef unless it organically comes up in conversation! Multiple tables were actively complaining to me about her service style, which led to the (admittedly petty) comment I made to her.

Anyway, I went in to meet the owner. I asked our bar manager to be present at the meeting as well (bar manager is a longtime friend of the owner and was present for the initial altercation and the private conversation the owner's wife and I had). So the three of us chatted for about 5 minutes- I said very little, and mostly took the general advice here of deferring to whatever my boss said (I generally employed three key phrases: "I understand" "You're absolutely right" and "I'm sorry"). My bar manager (with whom I primarily work with, rather than the owner) completely shut down any tense moments by immediately telling the owner that I was "a self-assured, seasoned server who needed little to no direction" and that "(owner's wife's name) overstepped her boundaries in a big way, which led to a pretty understandable reaction from (me)." The owner pretty much deflated after that; he hemmed and hawed a bit about me being inappropriate (to which I agreed) and then repeatedly told me his wife "had no problem" with me. I cheerfully answered "great! I look forward to working with her next shift!" and that essentially ended the conversation. I did ask the owner point blank if his wife was considered my superior when we worked together; he looked confused and clarified that no, she was considered my complete equal both on the floor and off. (He also FIRMLY stuck to his guns in being justified in discussing my personnel/performance issues with my wife, a statement to which I again deferred.)

That was the planned end of my update until a pretty serious conversation with my wife last night. Prior to/aside from this altercation, there have been some instances that my wife witnessed that really made her question if we should invest with them; apparently our owner has been getting HAMMERED on his shifts (he works alone behind the bar a few days early in the week, whereas I work the later week days and the weekend) to the point where he has: FALLEN OVER in front of guests behind the bar/completely unable to make cocktails (we're an upscale craft cocktail bar)/visibly intoxicated and heavily slurring; generally giving terrible, drunk service. The breaking point for my wife was TWO 1-star yelp reviews within minutes of each other specifically calling out his service. One guest had to actually go to the kitchen window to get her own food. Reddit! It's TERRIBLE! I was completely appalled and upset for/with her, and we both agreed this is NOT the way we want to run a business and reiterated to each other that any potential partnership with this couple wasn't going to happen. We're both professionally serious people, both COMMITTED to her career goal and neither of us will do anything to jeopardize that.

Anyway! So we're both on the same page. We're keeping our savings intact and completely mentally/emotionally checked out of going into business with this couple and generally getting all of our ducks in a row to head back to Vegas so she can get back into some of the top-tier restaurants out there. Our lease is up in November so we'll just ride it out until then. Reddit I really appreciate the attention this query received; I really felt a bit unmoored with how to handle it and I'm glad that you all essentially told me to follow my instincts and play it safe/close to the vest. That's it! Thanks everyone!

tl;dr

My wife and I finding out the couple we wanted to go into business with are not on the same page as us; cutting our losses and moving on!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Guys you're going to summon Bitcoin evangelist, bootleg knockoff mirthless, and all around retard Ham Sandwiches to poo poo up the thread again.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

Guys you're going to summon Bitcoin evangelist, bootleg knockoff mirthless, and all around retard Ham Sandwiches to poo poo up the thread again.

bitcoinjuice! bitcoinjuice! bitcoinjuice!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ham sandwiches

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
You motherfuckers

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Has this been posted yet? Because oh my God, is this dude a piece of work:

V E: Nevermind, this was the tale of Jennifer and her overly-attached boss. Thank you Pac-Manioc Root V

E2: I found Bossman's latest post:
What is one advice you have gotten from reddit that you actually used in real life? by Ninjitsumter in AskReddit

quote:

[–]menumessages -11 points an hour ago
The people on this website actually give really lovely advice and all the support threads are filled with unhappy people looking to make others more miserable.
If you're looking for actual advice, talk to people in real life.

:qq: "Redditors didn't validate my creepy controlling behavior! What a bunch of misery-guts!"

E3: What gets you hopping mad? by [deleted] in AskReddit

quote:

[–]menumessages -32 points 1 day ago
When people ignore all the warning signs and then complain when things end up bad. Like hey, everyone warned you but nooo you don't want to listen.
:ironicat:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 14, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

Has this been posted yet? Because oh my God, is this dude a piece of work:

Yeah the consensus we reached is that Jennifer is probably going to get murdered by that dude.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Haifisch posted:

(Non-Romantic) My (29F) wife (28F) and I work together and were anticipating becoming business partners with our boss (40M). I just got into a seriously bizarre confrontation with HIS wife (40F) and now we need some help navigating this!

(UPDATE!) My (29F) wife (28F) and I work together and were anticipating becoming business partners with our boss (40M). I got into a bizarre confrontation with HIS wife (40F) and now we need help navigating the situation!

this would be a somewhat compelling episode of bar rescue, they should approach the producers and ask for a finder's fee

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

this would be a somewhat compelling episode of bar rescue, they should approach the producers and ask for a finder's fee

Just install a butt funnel and a two touch POS system. Same results, less drama.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

There has never, ever been a worse time to invest in bitcoin than right now, jesus christ we are in the middle of a ridiculous bubble and bitcoin is starting to ram into hard limitations. If cryptocurrency has a future, bitcoin isn't it

Husband blowing 50,000 dollars on bitcoin is divorceable, get out now

fruit on the bottom posted:

:colbert:

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 14, 2017

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Someone in the nonprofit psycho boss thread wrote an alternate version and it's loving amazing:

A little background. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years, though it's currently long distance.

Last fall I started working at a nonprofit through a fellowship. I normally get along well with everyone, and really enjoyed the office. I got trained by my boss, a manager there who has seemed very friendly since I started, perhaps too friendly. He started texting me outside of work early on, but it was always nice and nonthreatening, mostly about tv. We would sometimes go to happy hour together and he even invited me to lunch with his mom when she was visiting. It was a little weird, but I want to make a good impression, and I get the feeling like he doesn’t really have any friends at work. It must be hard for a manager, and maybe it’s easier to talk to me because I’m here through a fellowship? I know, slightly naïve, but I had high hopes for this and I tried very hard to never talk about my personal life.

A few months after I started working here I was concerned that my boss might be developing a bit of a crush, so I let it drop that I was in a long-term relationship. He didn’t seem phased so I figured it was all in my head. Well, two weeks ago our parent group was hosting a fundraising gala. My boss asked if I would like to go, and I said yes because I assumed it was a professional event. My boyfriend was visiting that weekend but he understands that work events are important, this fellowship is only for a year after all. Well then I get a call from my boss asking when he should pick me up? I was pretty shocked, this is a work event, not a date. I honestly thought about cancelling, but my boyfriend said it was probably just miscommunication and I should go. He agreed to drive me and drop me off, and to stay in the general area in case things got weird and I had to call him.

Things got weird. When I got there my boss was pretty standoffish and acting like he expected an apology. He definitely thought this was a date. We were talking to a couple and he was acting like we were all on a group date, so I excused myself to call my boyfriend to pick me up. I waited in the bathroom for another five minutes to minimize the time I had to spend with him. My boyfriend was so worried he came into the gala with shorts on, and was immediately insulted by my boss. I just wanted to get out of there. My boss even asked me to text him when I got home safe. Safe from what? I was with my boyfriend.

Holy poo poo, I’m getting angry writing this. But you see what I’m talking about right? He completely rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, he kept sending me text messages saying he was worried, but I ignored them because he was creeping me out. Then he send this insane message detailing how upset he was with how I was treating him and how I thought my boyfriend was exerting too much control over me. Of course I didn’t reply. On Monday I confronted him first thing in the morning. Before he had a chance to say anything, I told him he made me uncomfortable and I just want to finish my last two months of fellowship without any contact that is not necessary for work.

This was about two weeks ago. I was really scared at first, but then thought things had died down. Well today I found out he posted an insane screed on reddit about how my boyfriend was abusive! TL/DR: My boss is sexually harassing me and accusing my boyfriend of abuse. Do I need a lawyer? How do I file a complaint?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
UPDATE: My boss is sexually harassing me and accusing my boyfriend of abuse.

Buried alive. Somehow get cell signal down here. Send help, please.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Someone in the nonprofit psycho boss thread wrote an alternate version and it's loving amazing:

A little background. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years, though it's currently long distance.

Last fall I started working at a nonprofit through a fellowship. I normally get along well with everyone, and really enjoyed the office. I got trained by my boss, a manager there who has seemed very friendly since I started, perhaps too friendly. He started texting me outside of work early on, but it was always nice and nonthreatening, mostly about tv. We would sometimes go to happy hour together and he even invited me to lunch with his mom when she was visiting. It was a little weird, but I want to make a good impression, and I get the feeling like he doesn’t really have any friends at work. It must be hard for a manager, and maybe it’s easier to talk to me because I’m here through a fellowship? I know, slightly naïve, but I had high hopes for this and I tried very hard to never talk about my personal life.

A few months after I started working here I was concerned that my boss might be developing a bit of a crush, so I let it drop that I was in a long-term relationship. He didn’t seem phased so I figured it was all in my head. Well, two weeks ago our parent group was hosting a fundraising gala. My boss asked if I would like to go, and I said yes because I assumed it was a professional event. My boyfriend was visiting that weekend but he understands that work events are important, this fellowship is only for a year after all. Well then I get a call from my boss asking when he should pick me up? I was pretty shocked, this is a work event, not a date. I honestly thought about cancelling, but my boyfriend said it was probably just miscommunication and I should go. He agreed to drive me and drop me off, and to stay in the general area in case things got weird and I had to call him.

Things got weird. When I got there my boss was pretty standoffish and acting like he expected an apology. He definitely thought this was a date. We were talking to a couple and he was acting like we were all on a group date, so I excused myself to call my boyfriend to pick me up. I waited in the bathroom for another five minutes to minimize the time I had to spend with him. My boyfriend was so worried he came into the gala with shorts on, and was immediately insulted by my boss. I just wanted to get out of there. My boss even asked me to text him when I got home safe. Safe from what? I was with my boyfriend.

Holy poo poo, I’m getting angry writing this. But you see what I’m talking about right? He completely rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, he kept sending me text messages saying he was worried, but I ignored them because he was creeping me out. Then he send this insane message detailing how upset he was with how I was treating him and how I thought my boyfriend was exerting too much control over me. Of course I didn’t reply. On Monday I confronted him first thing in the morning. Before he had a chance to say anything, I told him he made me uncomfortable and I just want to finish my last two months of fellowship without any contact that is not necessary for work.

This was about two weeks ago. I was really scared at first, but then thought things had died down. Well today I found out he posted an insane screed on reddit about how my boyfriend was abusive! TL/DR: My boss is sexually harassing me and accusing my boyfriend of abuse. Do I need a lawyer? How do I file a complaint?

:laffo:

It would be really incredible if this was actually posted by "Jennifer"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One of my favorite things about bitcoin was when they invented the reddit tipping bot. Bitcoin evangelists would blunder into random threads and say something along the lines of, "Wow, great insight here's a tip." Then like half a dozen other bitcoiners would show up and act out the reddit version of an infomercial.

"Whoa! That was incredible! Did you just give him money? Online!?"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Haha, yeah

"I never knew bitcoin could be so easy! I thought bitcoin wasn't a real currency, but you guys sure showed me!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cumshitter posted:

"I never knew bitcoin could be so easy! I thought bitcoin wasn't a real currency, but you guys sure showed me!"

Mirthless posted:

"Whoa! That was incredible! Did you just give him money? Online!?"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
*holding armful of bricks of $20 bills*

*dramatically trips over nothing, throwing cash everywhere*

"My fiat currency!!"

*throwing my hands up in the air*

"If only there was a better way"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

I could print this out and hug it. perfect cross of all the things I love to laugh at

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I work in private wealth management and I think giving someone a gift where you have to record the cost basis, which can vary by tens of dollars between multiple exchanges at any given time, at the exact time you received it is cool and good and everyone loves the idea of tracking capital gains/losses whenever you spend your money.

The fact that arbitrage hasn't made the price equal, or close to it, on all exchanges should be a pretty huge red flag on the liquidity of bitcoin and the solvency of the exchanges.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mameluke posted:

My favourite bit of that story is the way he just casually built a driveway. Does anyone have that one on hand? Because he's my favourite member of the pantheon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao the insane I DONT HAVE A CRUSH boss made gothamist: http://gothamist.com/2017/07/14/bad_reddit_boss.php