Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Triggered by the gigantic watermark in the center of the image.

Edit: Please enjoy this celebratory cat for the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedah posted:

Triggered by the gigantic watermark in the center of the image.

Edit: Please enjoy this celebratory cat for the new page.

That cat died when the universe was erased. It didn't get to go to other world because of how Zeno's power works.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Truly, Zeno is an unspeakable monster who must be stopped.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Zamasu is the monster who killed the kitty by turning his face into the sky.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jedah posted:

Truly, Zeno is an unspeakable monster who must be stopped.

I unironically agree. As long as Zeno and the Gods of Destruction exist, the universes are not safe. If Freeza destroys them, he might unironically become a hero.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If there are no GoDs, that's how you get a bunch of Freezas

Covok
May 27, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Beerus didn't stop poo poo.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shards of Fate posted:

Can we take the gay Naruto chat out of this classy Dragon Ball thread?

lol

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Covok posted:

Beerus didn't stop poo poo.

Beerus specifically, yeah, because he's in the second-shittiest universe, and that's at least 40% his fault. That clown dude probably smites villains on the regular, because he loves justice and superheroes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

deadly_pudding posted:

That clown dude probably smites villains on the regular, because he loves justice and superheroes.

We already know Goku beats up a bunch of bad guys tho. :v:

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I want to see the clown GoD without his makeup.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I want to see the clown GoD without his makeup.

what makeup?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Covok posted:

Alright, you asked for it.

I hate myself for this joke.

this image is no joke, friend.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Covok posted:

Nice to keep Vegeta in character as a power bottom

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
gently caress, marry, fusion dance: Vegeta, Goku, and Picollo.

Tough decisions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Carlosologist posted:

Surely that can only be a good thing though, if he's such a heroic guy who might consider destroying these evil oppressors! Surely the problem is in their very existence and nature, rather than in the traits they develop through their own choice and decision.

Perhaps we can make a similar argument for Saiyans, makes u think..........

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

HitTheTargets posted:

gently caress, marry, fusion dance: Vegeta, Goku, and Picollo.

Tough decisions.

Marry Piccolo as he's the best dad and would be a considerate and doting husband
gently caress Vegeta
Fuse with Goku for maximum power.

Easiest choice, imo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Marry Piccolo as he's the best dad and would be a considerate and doting husband
gently caress Vegeta
Fuse with Goku for maximum power.

Easiest choice, imo.

do you fuse with goku before or after you gently caress vegeta though

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kelp Plankton posted:

do you fuse with goku before or after you gently caress vegeta though

Fuse, gently caress, split, then marry.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

When I was a kid, I really liked Yajirobe when he cut Vegeta's tail off and then slashed his back. I was sad when he never got to show up and cheap shot villains again.

Surfer dude English yajirobe is the best

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Online Anime Community: Still Garbage

Caros
May 14, 2008

Someone claims that people dislike Caulifla based on gender, and people respond with multiple variations of "No, we dislike her because the way she is gaining power boosts to put her on par with the main cast is lazy and cheapens their accomplishments"

I'm sure you could find actual examples of people being misogynistic as gently caress because, you know, reddit. But I'm not sure what exactly you thought you were proving here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Caros posted:

Someone claims that people dislike Caulifla based on gender, and people respond with multiple variations of "No, we dislike her because the way she is gaining power boosts to put her on par with the main cast is lazy and cheapens their accomplishments"

I'm sure you could find actual examples of people being misogynistic as gently caress because, you know, reddit. But I'm not sure what exactly you thought you were proving here.

Fans must loving hate Dragonball if that makes them mad, because the series is built on that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just in case you are wondering they don't actually care about that, sorry for the spoilers

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, I haven't seen a good explanation for why Goten and Trunks going super saiyan when they did is fine but Caulifla doing it is cheapening it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

naruto sucks

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Since power levels are a dirty lie and it seems clear that Kale and Califla are meant to be at least in the same league as Goku and the 'Getes, I don't see anything wrong with them powering up hard. The extension of the bargain sale is funny.

I could see a point that it weakens the importance of poo poo like God ki if it now becomes something you can just do by clenching your butthole real tight and shouting, "LORD DERRIDA HEAR MY HOWL," though. That said the Super Saiyan God ritual as written would be incredibly easy to propagate for the U6 Saiyans, since there's significantly more than six of them.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Caros posted:

Nah, those aren't good reasons at all because they're based on SSJ being something special, which it very much is not and has not been for a long time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Lazy power boosts that cheapen others' accomplishments" has been a staple of Dragon Ball since...gently caress, when Goku learned Roshi's ultimate technique in ten seconds?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Covok posted:

i love you for this wholesome content.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Caros posted:

quote:

I know you weren't looking for a lengthy response like this, and I'm guessing you're a shitlib since you're bringing gender into this, but these are my thoughts.

Also when people say "It's not because of gender/race/sexuality at all!" you probably shouldn't believe them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

For myself I'd rather be talking about Naruto than "another website has users who have lovely opinions"

On the whole topic of God ki, has anyone else managed to crack it open? I actually was surprised when I watched earlier Super, because I expected the whole reason for Vegeta watching the Goku/Beerus tussle was so that he could just abruptly pop red and grin some time later. Maybe they decided against doing that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The crowning moment of Goten and Trunks in their own arc was failing to defeat the villain with their idiot fusion and then turned into a direct hindrance by the villain, so I'd hope Caulifla and Kale will collectively do better than that.

Thinking on it though you probably can compare the two concept-wise, since separate it seems like they'd both be incomplete characters from what we've seen.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 15, 2017

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen a good explanation for why Goten and Trunks going super saiyan when they did is fine but Caulifla doing it is cheapening it.

People have been of the opinion that Trunks and Goten got it easy because their fathers had achieved it before they were conceived - saiyabiology and all that. In this case the new SSJs weren't able to use this sort of genetic nepotism to give themselves the shortcut. I mean I think that's just headcannon anyway, as to my knowledge nothing about how Trunks and Goten got it so easily was ever stated officially.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Covok posted:

This is the only good post today

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

People have been of the opinion that Trunks and Goten got it easy because their fathers had achieved it before they were conceived - saiyabiology and all that. In this case the new SSJs weren't able to use this sort of genetic nepotism to give themselves the shortcut. I mean I think that's just headcannon anyway, as to my knowledge nothing about how Trunks and Goten got it so easily was ever stated officially.

Trunks and Goten never got much backlash because their reason for easily achieving SSJ was never stated, which let the fanbase invent their own headcanon.

In Caulifla's case, the reason is explicitly stated (and hilariously mundane) so lore nerds can't make up their own explanation (which would probably involve power levels).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Covok posted:

there's a gay dating simulator named dream daddy coming out and this is one of the character creation options:

https://twitter.com/starscryy/status/876577826211639296

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

there's a gay dating simulator named dream daddy coming out and this is one of the character creation options:

https://twitter.com/starscryy/status/876577826211639296

2 options to the right is Mr. Satan's hairstyle, which is fitting since he is the original dream daddy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

afros exist outside of dragon ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

afros exist outside of dragon ball

Mr. Satan made them popular.

Just look at this fine example of virility

• Locked thread