Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
McGregor insulted Mayweather by calling him boy. Then Mayweather insulted McGregor by calling him a stripper. It's like they are both insulting each other to drum up conversation about the upcoming fight. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

When will we get the inevitable wife jibe and fake fight break up lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

KyloWinter posted:

McGregor insulted Mayweather by calling him boy. Then Mayweather insulted McGregor by calling him a stripper. It's like they are both insulting each other to drum up conversation about the upcoming fight. Weird.
You ask too many questions.

Get him out of here!!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

What loving material goes into a watch to make it worth 2 million dollars? What's gold/platinum running for now?

they go for 1 million dollars each so a watch with both of them in would cost approximately 2 million dollars

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Boy, bitch, stripper, human being. Why won't these grown men stop using bad words and be nice and respectful to each other?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

I.N.R.I posted:

they go for 1 million dollars each so a watch with both of them in would cost approximately 2 million dollars

Floyd has a loving second hand made of unobtanium.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Remember that time some Australian guy called Muhammad Ali boy? Funny stuff. Truly Mayweather is the Ali of our generation.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Saying your watch costs two million dollars (a joke number for idiots) shook Conor almost as bad as when Diaz said you're on steroids the second time.

RIP f-dog

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

:siren:

I looked up the watch

It's a diamond-encrusted Hublot.

Coming to an IRS surplus auction near you.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

If only he was here, he could studiously ignore the racism talk right up till Conor says that Israel is the aggressor nation.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I called a black guy brother at work because I call everyone brother and he looked at me weird.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Work Friend Keven posted:

If only he was here, he could studiously ignore the racism talk right up till Conor says that Israel is the aggressor nation.

10 pages of saying that Frankie Edgar should have the fight instead.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Sorry I should have been more clear, when I say I'm not watching this I do not mean simply at the present moment I mean I will not watch any of it. Apologies

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Gay Horney posted:

I called a black guy brother at work because I call everyone brother and he looked at me weird.

I appreciate everything you've done Mr. Bollea

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

attackmole posted:

10 pages of saying that Frankie Edgar should have the fight instead.

I could not agree more

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
It is pretty funny that after Floyd observed people with real money don't have to wear suits Conor immediately ditched the tailored threads and rolled in to the next conference in a fuzzy toga

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

It is pretty funny that after Floyd observed people with real money don't have to wear suits Conor immediately ditched the tailored threads and rolled in to the next conference in a fuzzy toga

I have real respect for his Joe Frazier mink outfit. That's a nice tip of the hat.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hi, what are the racist connotations of Cuban Soldier of God calling a white British cross-eyed (-handicapped) man "boy"?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Hi, what are the racist connotations of Cuban Soldier of God calling a white British cross-eyed (-handicapped) man "boy"?

If there are any they aren't very important. Cuba probably isn't going to be able to shut down DJ Mikey B.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

did you cop tony ferguson's sunglasses yet?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Chillanese posted:

did you cop tony ferguson's sunglasses yet?

they're like three hundred bucks and I gotta order them online and can't try them on. they're fricking good looking tho.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 15, 2017

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
2 million dollar watch

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
fair enough. just don't wear them indoors at night and call yourself the real john wick or whatever
he's cool but he's kinda not.. love him

back on topic: floyd might be a malteser but at least he's not a bearded potato

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Never forget that Conor McGregor was easily outsmarted by Nate Diaz and had to spend months meditating in Iceland to avoid having to talk to him again.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Once Conor easily wins he should answer every question after the fight "YYYEEEAAHHHH"

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7KPoS0HGs - Watch out Rinaldo

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

Cool character assassination justifying racism

Floyd is a woman beating piece of poo poo.

This fight and everything about it is loving stupid.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJczoxTiQjY

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this is the worst thread in the history of these forums

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
QQ more

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

am0kgonzo posted:

Youre not crazy, but its a bit of a buzzkill

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

straight up brolic posted:

this is the worst thread in the history of these forums

probably related to all the mma posters since the normal boxing threads are really good

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

am0kgonzo posted:

It's still not OK to say racist poo poo about him.

Do you see the difference? Violent towards women-- you are criticizing Floyd, it's fine. Monkey/boy-- you are talking about him being a black man and it's racist.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jose posted:

probably related to all the mma posters since the normal boxing threads are really good

Yeah both of the people who regularly post in the boxing threads are pretty good so yeah, probably the MMA folks or more likely, the people who never watch combat sports but we're lured in by the circus

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

...and the pitch! posted:

Do you see the difference? Violent towards women-- you are criticizing Floyd, it's fine. Monkey/boy-- you are talking about him being a black man and it's racist.

It's fine

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

...and the pitch! posted:

Stop posting

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The only thing boxing fans like more than watching their 5 page yearly thread suffer a slow, ignominious death is to post about casual racism. Jesus Christ. Can we talk about the actual fight, please? Here, let me start: Conner is going to win. KO in the 1st round.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

Stop posting

No. Why are you coming after me instead of people who excuse racism?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

The only thing boxing fans like more than watching their 5 page yearly thread suffer a slow, ignominious death is to post about casual racism. Jesus Christ. Can we talk about the actual fight, please? Here, let me start: Conner is going to win. KO in the 1st round.

Well you're wrong, boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wait was that racist

• Locked thread