Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Considering what we’ve gotten so far in the first 9 episodes, honestly anything is possible for the remaining 9.

I hope Big Ed literally fist fights Evil Cooper to death. Or Albert and Constance get married. Both at the same time maybe.

edit: what a bad way to start a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I hope Big Ed literally fist fights Evil Cooper to death. Or Albert and Constance get married. Both at the same time maybe.

Nadine is going to KO Bad Coop with a golden poo poo-digging shovel

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Set to another Au Revoir Simone song

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

egon_beeblebrox posted:

edit: what a bad way to start a page.

Big Ed has a good heart but he got messed up by bobby's punk friends at the road house in the original pilot. harry was the guy you wanted with you in a fight, not ed

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Considering what we’ve gotten so far in the first 9 episodes, honestly anything is possible for the remaining 9.

It was all a dream by Johnny Horne.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

zeal posted:

Big Ed has a good heart but he got messed up by bobby's punk friends at the road house in the original pilot. harry was the guy you wanted with you in a fight, not ed

Big Ed defeating Evil Coop will be his fighting skills' redemption.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Hey Ed got jobbed. Jacque spiked his drink.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

zeal posted:

If I remember correctly he said someone put something in his drink. Not a fair fight!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Origami Dali posted:

Hey Ed got jobbed. Jacque spiked his drink.
BITE THE BULLET, HURLEY!

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

When Lynch wants you to absolutely loathe a character, boy howdy do you feel it.

I'm not sure who's more contemptible at this point- S1 Leo or S3 Chad.

Sure Leo was a domestic abuser, murderer, drug runner and overall sadist- but there's just something about Chad's slow motion lunch packup that's just the absolute worst.

After watching the original seasons, I wanted Leo to die alone, hurt, and afraid. Seeing what happened to him with Windom Earle, and even his coma before that, in my opinion, no way negated the waste of skin he was and to me didn't make him atone at all (since he didn't seem to feel any regret for who he was). He deserved a lot worse than what he got. Even if we see his desiccated corpse with a rope still in his teeth, and a cage of dead spiders above him, he still deserved worse.

Chad's just an uncaring rear end in a top hat who's in the wrong line of work. He shouldn't be doing any sort of "customer" facing job. He should be working a back room stock-boy type job somewhere, not interacting with the public, and with coworkers who are just as rough and uncaring as he is.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

You guys should NEVER read a Stephen King novel, if you thought Leo (or even Chad) was awful.

For some reason, Stephen King is really good at writing incredibly horrifically vile and irredeemable human beings. Like, there are multiple characters in books like "Under the Dome" or "Needful Things" that make Leo and Chad look like upstanding citizens who are thankfully not nearly as revoltingly unpleasant as they might be.

edit: Like in a Stephen King novel, Chad would be just as ignorant and obnoxious and unpleasant, but he would also murder high school girls and rape their corpses and pin the crime on the Truman brothers and get away with it.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 15, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that the cops kicked chad out of the conference room, made a big deal out of him leaving, and then went back outside not even 2 minutes after he was booted out

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He knows he's not supposed to eat in there!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Leo is great and awful because he's supposed to be this hyper manly, dangerous redneck drug dealer husband, but Eric DaRae is the most non-intimidating looking/sounding dude on the planet. He's like Steven Seagal's softer, whiny little brother, which is hilarious given his character.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Also I bet that food he was eating smelled godawful - note how Truman was immediately like "Bobby, open a window."

Donuts and coffee smell good. Microwaved hungry man trays smell like crap and only people like Chad eat them anyway.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Why do people hate Windom Earle so much? I know he's associated with the "mad sketch" parts, but come on. I loved those cabin scenes were he's just messing with his peons. Also, dat Log Lady disguise:

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Window Earle's flute is introduced to the score a few episodes before he makes an on screen appearance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zmej posted:

Why do people hate Windom Earle so much? I know he's associated with the "mad sketch" parts, but come on. I loved those cabin scenes were he's just messing with his peons. Also, dat Log Lady disguise:

I will never forgive him for this moment

edit: Also, these kinds of shows are better when the antagonist is directly connected to the story instead of being an outside character that comes in above and disconnected from everything else. He's a weak villain imo because he's just The Puppetmaster™ except goofy and that's really it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 15, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Origami Dali posted:

Leo is great and awful because he's supposed to be this hyper manly, dangerous redneck drug dealer husband, but Eric DaRae is the most non-intimidating looking/sounding dude on the planet. He's like Steven Seagal's softer, whiny little brother, which is hilarious given his character.

This is why DaRe is a great choice and why Leo is a great love-to-hate villain. He looks, sounds, and acts like a total pussy. Even his spousal abuse focuses on stupid rear end 1950s husband bullshit like sweeping up and doing the laundry. He's petty, stupid, complacent, and cruel. The instant an even slightly less pathetic man gets involved (Hank) he gets his loving rear end kicked. He's ridiculous figure and if not for how well Mädchen Amick plays across from him, most people would probably just laugh at his character.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I always thought Leo looked like a slimmer version of Bulk from Power Rangers.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

kaworu posted:

Also I bet that food he was eating smelled godawful - note how Truman was immediately like "Bobby, open a window."

Donuts and coffee smell good. Microwaved hungry man trays smell like crap and only people like Chad eat them anyway.

I just assumed he was farting

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That giant laughing investigator guy with Champ from Anchorman is great though.

I love all the really funny awkward pauses people have, like that one on the stairs with Lynch and the other agents.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those three feel like Twin Peaks characters. They'd fit right in perfectly in the previous two seasons.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they are the goofball squad

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

what if it turns out that the policeman with the funny laugh and the diner woman with the funny laugh are like brother and sister, or maybe married

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Jimbot posted:

Those three feel like Twin Peaks characters. They'd fit right in perfectly in the previous two seasons.
I liked them a lot anyway, but the fact that they have shuffle-theme music makes me like them even more.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Heavy Metal posted:

That giant laughing investigator guy with Champ from Anchorman is great though.

I love all the really funny awkward pauses people have, like that one on the stairs with Lynch and the other agents.

I love that guy too. He's just so tickled he can't help it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I really liked the idiot jabroni who got turned into a chess piece.

Also in a tower full of people mysteriously getting hurt or killed, it’s really dumb of the three girls to not tell anyone about that poem

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

I like how that dude was Sam Raimi's brother, Ted.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Raxivace posted:

I like how that dude was Sam Raimi's brother, Ted.

:captainpop: nice another Twin Peaks casting fact

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Consummate Professional posted:

Also in a tower full of people mysteriously getting hurt or killed, it’s really dumb of the three girls to not tell anyone about that poem

Part of that was due to Donna not even giving a poo poo because she inexplicably becomes a pretty bad character in season 2

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out what Chrysta Bell's hair color is here. Depending on the lighting it looks red, purple, or dark brown. It's very noticeable and stands out.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

...! posted:

I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out what Chrysta Bell's hair color is here. Depending on the lighting it looks red, purple, or dark brown. It's very noticeable and stands out.

I think it's a dark maroon. I used to have hair around that color and it would do the same thing.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Did anyone hear Chrysta Bell's rendition of the theme song? I didn't know she was a singer. I think I like it? It's pretty unique

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'd say she's probably more well known as a singer than an actor.

I like her quite a lot.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

hawowanlawow posted:

they are the goofball squad
Every time they're on screen, I hear this.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Tupperwarez posted:

Every time they're on screen, I hear this.

Hey its the Saturday Morning Scrublords/Friday Night Fisticuffs theme

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Hey its the Saturday Morning Scrublords/Friday Night Fisticuffs theme
Chad: "I... I forgot the donuts..."
Andy: "YOU FORGOT THE DONUTS???"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CJacobs posted:

I like that the cops kicked chad out of the conference room, made a big deal out of him leaving, and then went back outside not even 2 minutes after he was booted out
This pretty much made me laugh my rear end off because Bobby already knew what the thing was, knew they were going in there to discuss what it was, and just let it all happen anyway.
Is it just me or is every scene with Bobby supposed to have him getting really emotional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

One thing I definitely agree on with Lynch is that putting bullshit in your coffee is a sign of spiritual weakness.