Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Speaking as a graduate of WSU, you don't buy either of these because you like them, you buy them because they're cheap. Icehouse has a higher ABV than pbr and is a cheaper way to get drunk.

Aramek: a cheap drunk.
If you want to get drunk on the cheap, just make a screwdriver with Everclear.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Miller High Life was my first beer I think, so I'll always have a soft spot for the Champagne of Beers.

Peebers are fine though.
This is the least surprising user/post combo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Josh Lyman posted:

Do not do this. Only time I ever PCOS Billed. And I lived on a steady diet of Indian River and Smirnoff in college.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

queserasera posted:

Do not do this. Only time I ever PCOS Billed. And I lived on a steady diet of Indian River and Smirnoff in college.

It's not so bad, you just have to be conscientious about how much you're drinking. As long as you remember that 1 shot of everclear is equivalent to about 2.5 shots of vodka, you'll be fine.

Admittedly, remembering that does tend to get more difficult after your first drink.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Sure, if you're having the church quilting group over or something. If you're trying to get drunk, you make a martini with Everclear.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

Sure, if you're having the church quilting group over or something. If you're trying to get drunk, you make a martini with Everclear.
I meant at that point just do shots of Everclear.

I've done it and it went exactly how you think.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

I meant at that point just do shots of Everclear.

I've done it and it went exactly how you think.

I've actually made grain alcohol martinis a few times, the trick is to use the older ratio of spirit to vermouth and put three of the fattest olives in. It was generally made as a "end of the evening pass it around to make everyone take a sip in some weird friendship ritual" thing and not like a drink one would just make.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Ziv Zulander posted:

It's not so bad, you just have to be conscientious about how much you're drinking. As long as you remember that 1 shot of everclear is equivalent to about 2.5 shots of vodka, you'll be fine.

Admittedly, remembering that does tend to get more difficult after your first drink.

Whoops. Shouldn't have mixed equal parts then. I thought my throat was rusted through and that's before it came back up.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bongwizzard posted:

I've actually made grain alcohol martinis a few times, the trick is to use the older ratio of spirit to vermouth and put three of the fattest olives in. It was generally made as a "end of the evening pass it around to make everyone take a sip in some weird friendship ritual" thing and not like a drink one would just make.
Thus syphilis was spread

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm the weirdo who drinks for taste instead of forgetting the pain of living, so I tend to frequent Jack & Coke.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Just lol if you drink for any other reason than to temporarily suspended your existential dread.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm the weirdo who drinks for taste instead of forgetting the pain of living, so I tend to frequent Jack & Coke.

:cawg:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
See, he didn't mention that he has the taste of a 12-year-old.

Anyway, Everclearchat: I heard once that Everclear hurts so bad when you drink it straight because it's evaporating the water on the surface of your esophagus. Is that true?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

poop dood posted:

See, he didn't mention that he has the taste of a 12-year-old.

Anyway, Everclearchat: I heard once that Everclear hurts so bad when you drink it straight because it's evaporating the water on the surface of your esophagus. Is that true?

I've never heard that, but I can confirm it burns like a son of a gun. I did that once in college and won't again. I chased it with OJ and it made it worse.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

If you want to get drunk for cheap then just buy aristocrats, a handle is 10 dollars.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Megabound posted:

The joke is that all your posts are projectile diarrhea.

Thanks for the assist. :hfive:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Megabound posted:

The joke is that all your posts are projectile diarrhea.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Open wide!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mr. F! posted:

If you want to get drunk for cheap then just buy aristocrats, a handle is 10 dollars.

I don't think the joke goes like that.

I've given up nicotine and this week I went without booze. My body is unaccustomed to being clean, but for whatever reason fizzy water kills the cravings:

Looking forward to a drink (or two) and cigar (or two) tomorrow.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
poo poo's good, man. Try Gerolsteiner as well, that one has these hugeass bubbles.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

just don't get these thinking they're flavored San Pellegrino. They have a ton of sugar in them.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I wanted a really basic tablet to cart around, and I fell victim to Prime Day.

Fire 7:

Books to go on it:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Finally remembered to pick up my sub and turned my phone into a shark

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Bought a stack of morgans.

Our coins used to be big, beautiful, and made of silver. Now they're little plated things with the same 5 dead guys on em. Even our paper money used to be artistically much better.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

Our coins used to be big, beautiful, and made of silver. Now they're little plated things with the same 5 dead guys on em. Even our paper money used to be artistically much better.

Agreed, we had science and industry anthropomorphized as beautiful women on our money. Even Mercury dimes were rad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aramek posted:

Wait, what?

Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? The Nordics/Germany are supposed to be super cheap beer. The internet lied to me.

Germany is cheap as hell for beer. Norway has some extreme taxes or something on alcohol so even bottom tier lagers/pils are going to be a few dollars a can at least. Also if you want beer stronger than 4.6% or liquor you have to go to the government run shops that close at 6 (3 on saturday, closed sundays).

It must take extreme dedication and a great job to be an alcoholic up here.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChocNitty posted:

You uh... want to buy another stack or two at the going rate? I'm about to toss a ton on eBay when I get around to photographing them all

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

You uh... want to buy another stack or two at the going rate? I'm about to toss a ton on eBay when I get around to photographing them all

Hell yeah.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Germany is cheap as hell for beer. Norway has some extreme taxes or something on alcohol so even bottom tier lagers/pils are going to be a few dollars a can at least. Also if you want beer stronger than 4.6% or liquor you have to go to the government run shops that close at 6 (3 on saturday, closed sundays).

It must take extreme dedication and a great job to be an alcoholic up here.

Cheap beer in a normal store: $3
"Cheap" beer at a pub: $12
Bottle of Smirnoff (0.7L) at the liquor store: $37

Everything fun in Norway is taxed. On this bottle of Smirnoff, ~65% of the price are taxes to the government. Last time I bought cigarettes (a few years ago) they were $13 for a 20pk.

Welcome to Norway, have a nice stay hope you brought enough money.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Kosh Naranek posted:

Everything fun in Norway is taxed. On this bottle of Smirnoff, ~65% of the price are taxes to the government. Last time I bought cigarettes (a few years ago) they were $13 for a 20pk.

I'd gladly pay that in America if it meant having a not-poo poo government

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kosh Naranek posted:

Yeah but the taxes pay for good stuff

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

bowmore posted:

Well yes I'm not complaining that hard. It's more for tourists that aren't prepared for the prices we have here. Most Norwegians are used to it, and though we complain (because we love complaining), we really can't complain that much considering that we do live pretty well.

E: And it's also nice that almost anywhere in the world where we travel, it will be cheaper than home. Which is the reason why you will find drunk Norwegians everywhere.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Cross-post from guitar thread:

I wanted a nice lIttle practice amp for my spare room. So, I picked up a Boss Katana 50. Loving it so far.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

bowmore posted:

Also the average monthly salary in Norway is like 5000USD, so you know, that helps too. I've been to Strömstad, and it's hilarious as hell to see Norwegian coming over to Sweden, of all places, for "cheap" booze and cigarettes.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

tentawesome posted:

I wanted a really basic tablet to cart around, and I fell victim to Prime Day.

Fire 7:

I'm in the market for a lovely tablet to read comic books on, how is the fire 7? Does it run actual Android or some weird Amazon OS? I ask because all my books are on my Google Play library

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm in the market for a lovely tablet to read comic books on, how is the fire 7? Does it run actual Android or some weird Amazon OS? I ask because all my books are on my Google Play library

It runs the Android-based Fire OS, but it's pretty easy to sideload the actual Google Play store and download any app you want. I assume that includes Google Play Books.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Jmcrofts posted:

edit: beaten, and also i was apparently very incorrect

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Some new wax.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Megabound posted:

There's a different pen for that.

9 inches base to tip.

Is that glass? Can you smoke crack out of it as well?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Some new wax.

Some good stuff there. I've got some old Circle Jerks, but no Bad Brains. Meant to poke around for some when I was poking around bins at some DC record shops a few weeks ago, but forgot.

Also, warning if that's one of the Blackened represses of Metallica. I don't know about Kill 'Em All, but the repress of Justice is terrible, and I've heard the same of Master of Puppets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The_end posted:

Is that glass? Can you smoke crack out of it as well?

No and maybe. It'd be an expensive pipe