Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool to feel like you're finally getting better at the game, beating bosses in 2 or 3 tries that used to take 2 dozen, and then wake up in NG+ and get owned by the first hunter mob because of overconfidence

also, the kos parasite is such a funny and silly weapon, but i think i need better cursed ARC gems to really make it worth using

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think you can ... i dont remember going there anyway and i have a character with every unique item and weapon and armour set on it. its probably just a window to look out of while you ride the elevator

ah, that's what i was beginning to suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone want to run a FRC Isz dungeon later this week? the first one i popped open had a queen killer hunter, and another hunter using a saw cleaver wearing the guardian of the old gods set.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

anyone want to run a FRC Isz dungeon later this week? the first one i popped open had a queen killer hunter, and another hunter using a saw cleaver wearing the guardian of the old gods set.

Definitely down for this

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The elevator to orphan with the hole in the floor reminds me of those drainage whirlpools, but it taps into some kinda weird fear I had when I was a kid. I can't remember where I saw it, but those deep holes on the surface of water wigged me out and the first time I saw that elevator I got the same sensation.

Kinda like the clinic weirding me out like when I was a kid in places I didn't belong. Tunnel vision.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Definitely down for this

ok. i might be available tomorrow.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Kinda like the clinic weirding me out like when I was a kid in places I didn't belong. Tunnel vision.

The clinic freaks me out lol. For some reason I always get lost in there and go the wrong way even though it's just like a couple rooms and hallways

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone want to do a layer of a Loran or Isz F/R/C? i don't have the mats to make a new one, but i could roll up one from the makeshift altar. let me know and i'll make a password, and ring the beckoning bell.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
another thing i'm noticing for the first time through is how beautiful each color palette is for different areas. like the otherworldly neon blue of isz, or the sort of neon red and purple of the yarharghul areas after the night sets. it reminds me of the coloration of classic horror films, especially giallo stuff

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

post the password/glyph :3:

sector_corrector posted:

i'm totally blanking on this... near the boss door to Orphan, there's the elevator that goes up to the fishing hut. when you're riding the elevator up, you can see an opening in the wall that you can't readily get to. how do you get to that area? it's the last thing i'm missing in the DLC before killing the shark giants for the rakuyo

I think you can, I can't remember though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

post the password/glyph :3:

I think you can, I can't remember though

ok, let me make one. let's do Isz

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
glyph is 26x42cn8

password is impzone

edit: i'm running floor 1 while i wait. my beckoning bell is on, so feel free to invade or join or whatever, but let me know when you get on in case i have to ring again if i go back to the workshop

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 6, 2017

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got off for the night. perhaps another time.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i got off for the night. perhaps another time.

I'm sorry!!! I got home from work later than I expected and hit the bed immediately. TBH I shouldn't have committed to playing a game on a weekday. But if you're still feeling up for it on the weekend I would love to play

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in defiled amygdala's last phase there's one attack you dodge away from, and one attack you dodge into, and i constantly get them mixed up

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
took down defiled amy last night. now everything else is basically mop-up, and maybe exploring a few chalices, and then i'm done with bb again... ;_; goodbye old friend

folder
Oct 9, 2016
Orphan of Kos......w o w

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

took down defiled amy last night. now everything else is basically mop-up, and maybe exploring a few chalices, and then i'm done with bb again... ;_; goodbye old friend

Always down to fire up some co op or bloody versus combat, Hunter. Add me 'cardschange'.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiking posted:

Always down to fire up some co op or bloody versus combat, Hunter. Add me 'cardschange'.

you want to run a depth 5 chalice floor later tonight?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

folder posted:

Orphan of Kos......w o w

Maria is my favorite to play but Orphan is insanity when it comes to presentation and the story behind it

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Pretty sure if anyone here tries they can perfectly replicate the screaming in their head

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Pretty sure if anyone here tries they can perfectly replicate the screaming in their head

I love the screams of that fight, they're so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the sound design of bloodborne is as good as the gameplay and art and everything else

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

you want to run a depth 5 chalice floor later tonight?

yeh ill be on in a while after i get some food and some Big Beer(tm)

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I'm online makin some chalices

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiking posted:

yeh ill be on in a while after i get some food and some Big Beer(tm)

nice. what chalices do you have open? i have essentially everything. F/R/C would be the most interesting, but something sinister would be a little more playable.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

nice. what chalices do you have open? i have essentially everything. F/R/C would be the most interesting, but something sinister would be a little more playable.

I think I have everything on my arcane character but I don't have enough RITUAL BLOOD 8(40) plus ROTTING HEAD OF A YOUNG BOY to make.the cool one... I'm in a f/r/c isz getting my butt beat by the undead giant cuz I'm rusty..

edit. Fuckijf big boy knife hands guy murked me 2 more times when he was at 5% life I hate this bitch

Spiking fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 16, 2017

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiking posted:

I think I have everything on my arcane character but I don't have enough RITUAL BLOOD 8(40) plus ROTTING HEAD OF A YOUNG BOY to make.the cool one... I'm in a f/r/c isz getting my butt beat by the undead giant cuz I'm rusty..

edit. Fuckijf big boy knife hands guy murked me 2 more times when he was at 5% life I hate this bitch

ok. if you want to co-op then give me a password and ring. i also have a fresh F/R/C Pthumeru Ihyll which you might be able to join, if you want to run that.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Cool let's do password impzone. I'll ring at the big boy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiking posted:

Cool let's do password impzone. I'll ring at the big boy

|o/

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish co-op wasn't so cumbersome.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

It was fun to kill the insanely strong pig. One of my fav chalice bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the Pig and Brainsucker "bosses"

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

In Training posted:

I love the Pig and Brainsucker "bosses"

The firey hunter is good too

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I wish the madman would appear in non hintertomb chalices

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I wish the madman would appear in non hintertomb chalices

quietly to self, "he might..."

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

|o__

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

quietly to self, "he might..."

!!!

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Maria is my favorite to play but Orphan is insanity when it comes to presentation and the story behind it

everything about the orphan of kos is powerful. I think I'm going to rest on my 20 or so attempts for now, finish the rest of this ng+ then face him. I am totally floored by this DLC

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
one thing i was thinking about in this playthrough is that the vilebloods and cainhurst are basically archetypal vampires, but when you consider it, everyone in yharnam is like a vampire: addicted to blood, and only a few steps from being a beast. i think that might be why i like the vilebloods so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012