Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't normally complain about GW practices. I understand they do product research and thought provoking decisions behind the scenes. If they didn't make the hard decisions then they wouldn't be in business today. Despite our opinions.

But dang GW. You go out of your way to put GW back into Annapolis Md and not only do you decide to put it ON THE MOST EXPENSIVE STREET IN DOWNTON you make it so the only way you can get to your location is either pay-parking (which is 3 blocks away) or public transportation only for your new store. You just made it inaccessible to a portion of your clientele.

I'm really trying to fathom why this is a good idea.

Isn't this the same company that said market research is a pointless waste of time (with a suitably big impressive word) a few years back?

Pretty sure their strategy is 'lol practical monopoly'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
biggo marines are BIG

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Who What Now posted:

lol if you actually spend money on this garbage game.

I just went outside in the dark and I saw the possums on the fence out there and one of the possums had a baby and the baby looked at me and it said

S̴͘͜͏͖̮̟̘̠̼̤̮͜L̫̼͍͕̣̳̹̲̼̀̀͘͠A̸̶͓̲̬̫̺͖̟͡M̢̛̱̠͔͚̳̥̯̰̪͇̤̦̗͕̪̻͇ ̸̡̛̲̮̺̭͜͠S̸̺͍̭̮̟̰̦̖͍̕͜͜E̷̝̗̥̖̗͔̣̮͚̺̣̺͙̼͈̼͕͠Ć̷̯̥̼̭̠̲̤̣̹̖͘͜T̵̛͇̭̗̣̗͔͔O̶̸̰̮̯̻̞̰̗̺͉͙̭̪̘͖̞̪̜Ŕ̵̳̝̬̱͠

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:bisonyes:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

NTRabbit posted:

I just went outside in the dark and I saw the possums on the fence out there and one of the possums had a baby and the baby looked at me and it said

S̴͘͜͏͖̮̟̘̠̼̤̮͜L̫̼͍͕̣̳̹̲̼̀̀͘͠A̸̶͓̲̬̫̺͖̟͡M̢̛̱̠͔͚̳̥̯̰̪͇̤̦̗͕̪̻͇ ̸̡̛̲̮̺̭͜͠S̸̺͍̭̮̟̰̦̖͍̕͜͜E̷̝̗̥̖̗͔̣̮͚̺̣̺͙̼͈̼͕͠Ć̷̯̥̼̭̠̲̤̣̹̖͘͜T̵̛͇̭̗̣̗͔͔O̶̸̰̮̯̻̞̰̗̺͉͙̭̪̘͖̞̪̜Ŕ̵̳̝̬̱͠

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I sell promethium and promethium accessories.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't normally complain about GW practices. I understand they do product research and thought provoking decisions behind the scenes. If they didn't make the hard decisions then they wouldn't be in business today. Despite our opinions.

But dang GW. You go out of your way to put GW back into Annapolis Md and not only do you decide to put it ON THE MOST EXPENSIVE STREET IN DOWNTON you make it so the only way you can get to your location is either pay-parking (which is 3 blocks away) or public transportation only for your new store. You just made it inaccessible to a portion of your clientele.

I'm really trying to fathom why this is a good idea.

I bet it's also a 5 foot wide hallway with a single hilariously positioned 4x4 table for anyone wanting to actually play at that location.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

panascope posted:

I sell promethium and promethium accessories.

Getting paid for promethium dispersal is like, dang ol' heretical man.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mango sentinel posted:

I bet it's also a 5 foot wide hallway with a single hilariously positioned 4x4 table for anyone wanting to actually play at that location.

I went to my local GW and that's exactly what it was. They had enough painting space for 2 people.

beep beep bloated dreadnought

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That dreadnought is ugly

NTRabbit posted:

Alternatively you could actually buy cool better dwarves

and get more of them for the money

So are most of these

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chill la Chill posted:

I went to my local GW and that's exactly what it was. They had enough painting space for 2 people.

Awww, it's pregnant!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
That sounds dumb. Where is it exactly?

Also: from their job posting:

quote:

Are you excited by working alone, engaging with all your customers, understanding what’s important to them, and responding appropriately?

That sounds promising for the store not being a tiny nook with next to no gaming space...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are you excited by working alone

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

are you excited by working alone

positively turgid

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lol if you think you will ever see someone playing a Mantic game in a game store.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Who What Now posted:

Awww, it's pregnant!

Mommy moola where do baby bigmars come from?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Mommy moola where do baby bigmars come from?

You buy them from GW.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Lol if you think you will ever see someone playing a Mantic game in a game store.

True, game stores these days are basically Magic the Gathering and nothing else, short of a few large edge cases where people play Warmahordes, DZC/DFC, Mantic stuff, Bolt Action, and Malifaux

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

NTRabbit posted:

True, game stores these days are basically Magic the Gathering and ... Warmahordes, DZC/DFC, Mantic stuff, Bolt Action, and Malifaux

This is my FLGS

:suicide:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DiHK posted:

This is my FLGS

Mine has an incredibly robust mtg scene but we've got active 40k, AoS, Malifaux, Infinity, Mercs, X-Wing/Armada, and Guild Ball. Warmahordes seems on the wane.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Mantic guys here play historical KOW alongside the other historical gamers on historical minis night. I'm turning into a grognard

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DiHK posted:

This is my FLGS

I don't even have a FLGS, or at least not one with gaming tables

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah it could be way worse. I can ride 1 hour and be at 3 different game stores that frequently have pick up games I want to play, and I'm only 20 minutes from a tiny GW store. However I can walk 5 minutes to get to my FLGS and the proximity makes me extra sore about the fact that the gamers there don't like what I like.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Warmachine has totally cratered here. The shop is doing some good deals to try to revive it, but I think the crazy 40k resurgence will finally bury it for good. I am glad because Warmachine people tend to be awful.

If only I could rope somebody into Sharp Practice...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
It certainly makes me happy, that game is made for and by power gaming control nuts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DiHK posted:

Yeah it could be way worse. I can ride 1 hour and be at 3 different game stores that frequently have pick up games I want to play, and I'm only 20 minutes from a tiny GW store. However I can walk 5 minutes to get to my FLGS and the proximity makes me extra sore about the fact that the gamers there don't like what I like.

I've got a FLGS a 15 minute drive away, but they're a (cool) boardgame place, the only minis they sell are X-Wangs and Armadas. Near as I can tell all of the (few) stores that have tables are in the northern half of the city, while i live in the southern suburbs.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I wish Guild Ball didn't die the way it did around here. The only people who play it anymore are the tiny Warmahorde group, made up out of people every game store said "Yeah no, please leave" to.

At least Dropfleet/zone seems to be surviving.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Drop Fleet Zone looks like a really sweet game to play, especially after reading the DZC book. I've never seen it in a store here.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I will be playing Firefight in my FLGS in a couple of hours. I have a Kings of War game scheduled there next week. We also regularly play Deadzone and my guess is that when Dreadball 2.0 drops you'll see people play that too.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My LFGS got cut from Wizards of the Coast because they overheard the owner saying that the Jews were celebrating 9/11. I ain't even joking.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Chill la Chill posted:

It's an egg cup with arms and legs

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
warbhammer

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
While I was playing a Mantic game, a DBMM tournament was going on. My FLGS is pretty cool.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can you imagine a normal person trying to decipher that post

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

can you imagine a normal person

no

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
My imagination is limited to scrunts and scrunt based skeletons.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LordAba posted:

My LFGS got cut from Wizards of the Coast because they overheard the owner saying that the Jews were celebrating 9/11. I ain't even joking.

I gained respect for WOTC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hi is this the new death thread because I just saw the new intro product and it's reasonably priced and now I'm frantically checking who won world war ii

• Locked thread