Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feuxfollet
Jul 11, 2017

Shadowlyger posted:

No that is pretty clearly a dick. Like I'm not even sure what else it could be, so I have to imagine it's intentional.

space dicks everywhere...
http://imgur.com/a/WBMuV

:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Rudager posted:

I like how even the citizens have no loving idea about the procedural planet "tech"

I posted that exact concern and got called a troll, because everyone has 100gbs of RAM and 10 terabyte SSDs.

Also that gamestar build crashed several times and they eventually had to have the devs console command teleport them to points of interest. So their cut down demo build doesn't actually work.

But citizens chose not to see that.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

feuxfollet posted:

space dicks everywhere...
http://imgur.com/a/WBMuV

:ughh:

I blame Titanic, she stole that :10bux: box of dicks the other day and now she is just throwing them around willy nilly.

The Titanic posted:

You forgot that I just joined your game as player 5 and hosed all your FPS up and crashed the server. Your cargo is gone. Sorry you bought a box of dicks for $10 real money.

She is a goon and is bound to be doing it for the lols, totally lack of respect for the dick. :sad:

All she care about is deck chairs,cute taxxes and friendos.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

I posted that exact concern and got called a troll, because everyone has 100gbs of RAM and 10 terabyte SSDs.

Also that gamestar build crashed several times and they eventually had to have the devs console command teleport them to points of interest. So their cut down demo build doesn't actually work.

But citizens chose not to see that.

This is good for Star Citizen 3.0

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Toblakai posted:

CIG doing project management:

Omg. You just don't understand fire-fighting.

(Actually, I suspect you do and just use that image to convey an apparent dissonance between image elements. It's just a bit unfair to the fire-fighting profession in general to use this image. They're just having a good time and who seemingly have very good control over the fire they set because like all fire fighters, they're actually pyromaniacs at heart — just very responsible and professional ones. This makes them in every way unsuited for any kind of comparison with CIG).

:colbert:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tippis posted:

Omg. You just don't understand fire-fighting.

(Actually, I suspect you do and just use that image to convey an apparent dissonance between image elements. It's just a bit unfair to the fire-fighting profession in general to use this image. They're just having a good time and who seemingly have very good control over the fire they set because like all fire fighters, they're actually pyromaniacs at heart — just very responsible and professional ones. This makes them in every way unsuited for any kind of comparison with CIG).

:colbert:

I can confirm, I am a volunteer firefighter.
A fascination with fire is an absolute standard for it.And sometimes, letting some burn down controlled is way cooler.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

quote:

Currently are 4-5 special areas on planets and moons.

Lol. I'm the planet that only has 4-5 points of interest on it. Happy 'exploring' commandos!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Michaellaneous posted:

I can confirm, I am a volunteer firefighter.
A fascination with fire is an absolute standard for it.And sometimes, letting some burn down controlled is way cooler.

This game is a controlled dumpster fire.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dumpster fire, certainly. Controlled? I dunno about that.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mne nravitsya posted:

Game better not collapse, I just got my concierge tattoo!

http://imgur.com/a/lNQSW

Big cock and balls at the end of the quote :laffo:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Lol. I'm the planet that only has 4-5 points of interest on it. Happy 'exploring' commandos!

No no, you misunderstand. There are going to be at least a dozen of non-special points of interest too. Everyone loves exploring to find non-special points of interest.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Wrecked Angle posted:

on a surface area the literal size of Texas.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Star Citizen: making it easier to get a refund

Quavers fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 15, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

on a surface area the literal size of Texas.
So, more exciting than Texas, then?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

I don't speak enough German to feel clear on the matter but it seems to me that they must be especially uncritical of bullshit over there.

Well, they are known to follow orders without question.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

Why does it look like a dick flying into a dinosaur's mouth? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:gary:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

coming soon since 2015.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4yshmw/is_levski_landing_zone_the_nyx_landing_zone/
It's so funny to look up old threads regarding anything of the game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Got a third party opinion on the tattoo (MY WIFE). Confirms that it looks like cock and balls being eaten by a dragon.

I hope they get it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I just really wanted a tattoo that represents me, like the really important spiritual side of me you know? And that's Star Citizen and dragon autofellatio

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's really a spectacularly ugly tattoo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its very tautological too.

Star Citizen ie A Citizen of the Stars

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I think that tat looks like a low res photoshop.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Like... at least have something marginally better like...

Star Citizen - Paving the way for the Future!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
so 3.0 is going to have some crashed ships, no mission givers (because levski is out and eckhart is a part of levski), some giant rear end loving moons with nothing to do, some pick up and drop crate mechanics, no orbiting planets because you basically teleport to a planet and it loads that in for you

this is a mess and is going to loving kill them if they release it and I think they know it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

Hey, it look a lot of time to get all the jpeg artefacts into the skin.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Like... at least have something marginally better like...

Star Citizen - Paving the way for the Future!
Just tattoo their user number.

TheAgent posted:

rear end loving moons
The sequel to Dead Space 3 takes a naughty turn.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

so 3.0 is going to have some crashed ships, no mission givers (because levski is out and eckhart is a part of levski), some giant rear end loving moons with nothing to do, some pick up and drop crate mechanics, no orbiting planets because you basically teleport to a planet and it loads that in for you

this is a mess and is going to loving kill them if they release it and I think they know it

The guy who said that thinks he made a mistake so maybe its in.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tarquinn posted:

I'm assuming it's someone's mockup

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm assuming it's someone's mockup
We'll never be free of mocap.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

Just tattoo their user number.

:godwin:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hosed up if true

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The guy who said that thinks he made a mistake so maybe its in.
whats going on, who, what, where am I, whats supposed to be in this build, someone call the number on this bracelet

-a star citizen developer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
dog is phat

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Actually here, here's a real honest to god quote from Will Maiden, the Senior Systems Designer for CIG:

quote:

yes and no. sometimes complexity is our own worst enemy, we build systems that are far too complex because "that's what's expected" of us now. we also build a complex system because it could be used in 100 different ways. but we're always looking to strip compelxity [sic] out and keep things straighforward. like the insurance or persistance, but whenever you do, there is alaways [sic] someone saying "yes but what about..." and you ahve [sic] to add another unanticipated exception to the design. so it can always swell. it is a battle between serving the game, serving the expectation and giving the player what they need, but not always what they want
They are hosed and have no idea what they are doing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

No, it's pretty standard to develop something with the nebulous concept of "what it might do" in mind, as opposed to some firm set of I don't know what to call them... requirements or something.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

SC is Chris's baby, only it's a fetus and it still hasn't decided whether it wants to develop nipple jets or stay as a fish for another year.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Their ship speed limits are completely incompatible with orbital mechanics. Even ignoring that, I doubt they could hack orbits and rotations of celestial bodies into their engine anyway. Plus, those celestial bodies would need to have spherical gravity fields. Then consider their Frankfurt office of engine and technology development is lead by an animator.

Their '3.0' release is going to be spectacular. I can't wait.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Islamophobia, authoritarianism and Star Citizen

its the new peanut butter and chocolate!