Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

thatbastardken posted:

and people say comics aren't realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

bobkatt013 posted:

Odin turned them back. In the marvel universe the casualties in Paris were equal to a Wednesday in New York

I see what you did there.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

TwoPair posted:

Everyone forgets when Hickman had Perth get hit by a evolution asteroid from Mars in his Avengers.

Regina (Saskatchewan) just disappeared, from what I remember.

I like to think it's still out there in the space between universes, and nobody notices because a version of it got put back when the universe was reset at the end of Secret Wars. A whole city just forgotten and drifting where it'll never be found, its citizens devolving into civil war between those who follow the police and those who follow the Roughriders.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Doc Hawkins posted:

Blasting each other's clothes off is bad enough, but..."make each other stronger?" Are they pumping each other up?

They are ridiculously, hilariously overmuscled. But maybe that's just the 90s.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zombie Dachshund posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOQWbTdxy8

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Yeah, it was a 90's thing. I remember saving off those two pages because for the past like twenty years Wolverine had been calling Cyclops "slim" and then the 90's happened or I guess maybe Scott took the whole "wife was a clone who became a demon thing" awfully hard and hit the gym like every other mid 30's divorcee.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Less talky talk, more badass panels.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

X-O posted:

Less talky talk, more badass panels.

Magneto was Right.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Robotman takes no guff from pompous dicks

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Godzilla: The Half-Century War is one of my favorite comics.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Godzilla: The Half-Century War is one of my favorite comics.

B-b-b-but...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm concerned about Godzilla Lust. What's the title of that one?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Godzilla in Hell were he faces the sins.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fun bit of trivia, back in the 60s when Toho was making a Godzilla film every six months or so, Godzilla in Hell was almost an actual Godzilla movie. They also were working on Godzilla vs Batman that would have been a crossover with the Adam West Batman.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

purple death ray posted:

They also were working on Godzilla vs Batman that would have been a crossover with the Adam West Batman.

I will never feel joy again, knowing we were deprived of this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“haitfais”" post="“474391063”"]
I will never feel joy again, knowing we were deprived of this.
[/quote]

Same :negative: holy poo poo they should have Mike Allred do this with Batman 66.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same :negative: holy poo poo they should have Mike Allred do this with Batman 66.

It should be a two artist piece with James Stokoe.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

purple death ray posted:

Fun bit of trivia, back in the 60s when Toho was making a Godzilla film every six months or so, Godzilla in Hell was almost an actual Godzilla movie. They also were working on Godzilla vs Batman that would have been a crossover with the Adam West Batman.

This would have been the peak of all human achievement.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Toshimo posted:

B-b-b-but...

B-b-b-but Stokoe only did an issue or two.

How's his new Alien book? Haven't seen any pages.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, having read both, Half Century War is FAR better. I'd go so far as to say it might be the best Godzilla story ever. It's only problem is it's too short. There's so many stories in between the issues.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Is vaguely remember seeing the hedorah movie during some summer when the local video store used to have dollar vhs rentals, so a long time ago. From what I recall it was pretty psychedelic for a godzilla movie.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Open Marriage Night posted:

B-b-b-but Stokoe only did an issue or two.

How's his new Alien book? Haven't seen any pages.

It's been pretty amazing already but I'm a huge fan of his anyway

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

purple death ray posted:

That would have been the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Here's a dumb question - I've known about Scott and Alex's whole "Our powers don't work on each other because we're brothers!" thing for years, but is that something that's ever come up with other related mutants? With the whole Summers family bullshit Scott must be immune to half the mutants out there. I don't remember Colossus and Magik being anything like that, for one example.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Colossus not being able to use his powers on Magik would be cool because she'd be all "you fool, you should know metal slamming into my face has no effect!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Revenant Threshold posted:

Here's a dumb question - I've known about Scott and Alex's whole "Our powers don't work on each other because we're brothers!" thing for years, but is that something that's ever come up with other related mutants? With the whole Summers family bullshit Scott must be immune to half the mutants out there. I don't remember Colossus and Magik being anything like that, for one example.
I think the Cassidys are all immune to each other.

I can't think of many other mutant families that have powers that would really work that way. It's not like Quicksilver would slow down from touching Scarlet Witch or something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I can't think of many other mutant families that have powers that would really work that way. It's not like Quicksilver would slow down from touching Scarlet Witch or something.
There's a joke to be made here about Ultimate Quicksilver, but I'm not going to go looking for it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's a joke to be made here about Ultimate Quicksilver, but I'm not going to go looking for it.

Something something premature ejaculation

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think the logic for the summer bros being immune to each other was something about their beams having shared wavelengths or something like that, essentially their powers, while outwardly different, are related. It wasn't necessarily a bloodline thing, although obviously that's how it was treated thematically.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I think the Cassidys are all immune to each other.

Husk and Cannonball come to mind, but Husk would just tear of her skin into something that resists being blasted at and Cannonball is pretty near invulnerable while he's blastin' anyway.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Lurdiak posted:

I think the logic for the summer bros being immune to each other was something about their beams having shared wavelengths or something like that, essentially their powers, while outwardly different, are related. It wasn't necessarily a bloodline thing, although obviously that's how it was treated thematically.

I just figured that since cyclops hasn't blasted his own eyelids off, he's got some innate immunity to his own powers. Havoc is just cyclops without the brain damage, so being immune to each other's powers doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Speaking of Cyclops, dimension hopper America found the laser dimension.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Synthbuttrange posted:

Am I crazy or is this what started that discussion?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Synthbuttrange posted:

How does one survive being dunked into what is essentially an infinite dimension of being punched really hard

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Edit-oops yes you are crazy and that's what started this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Vi vaporú

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

AnonSpore posted:

How does one survive being dunked into what is essentially an infinite dimension of being punched really hard

Maybe she's related to the Summers. :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ashcans posted:

Maybe she's related to the Summers. :v:

She's a summers brother?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

purple death ray posted:

Am I crazy or is this what started that discussion?

You are crazy. The Funny Panels thread brought it up yesterday when talking about Ultimates 2 #9. This is the Badass Panels thread following up a Scott vs Alex from the X-Tinction Agenda post from two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AnonSpore posted:

When you're inside it it's equal pressure on all sides and America Chavez is among other things "a good egg."