Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Crazy Ferret posted:

So far its seems like all alt-sculpts. There is the Swamp Horror girl (Ursula?), a facebook page for Advanced Maneuvers shows a Piper of Ord girl with a troll whelp looking up her skirt, and finally the Di Wulfe model (I guess my girlfriend is a furry; The Model).

I find the whole thing more silly than anything else but hey, there ya go.

I'm a big fan of the idea of alt sculpt models for FA 2+ solos. This just sounds goofy.

Edit: I would run a cheesecake Ancestral Guardian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

GoodBee posted:

Thor of Finland.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GoodBee posted:

Looking forward to a model with rock hard abs.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
New Blindwater stuff looks awesome the croak solo sorcerer will be kinda crazy if he is accessible out of faction since he can double cast enliven.
I know that previously they have said there won't be faction books for Mercs and Minions. I wonder if this will change with the new emphasis on themes.

New Convergence stuff makes me want to buy in.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Can someone post the CoC stuff?

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
It was just a new warcaster that was previewed I assume that there might be more to follow.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Whats a good source for all this stuff? I can only find bits and pieces?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The full videos are on PP's YouTube now. Or Chain Attack's Facebook page has screenshots of most stuff. The video is better since you get additional details, etc.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hoboskins posted:

I know that previously they have said there won't be faction books for Mercs and Minions. I wonder if this will change with the new emphasis on themes.

I thought it was that they're only getting them books.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

rkajdi posted:

I agree, but the idea that any faction would get to five themes (can probably near perfect model coverage) while some are stuck at 2 or 3 is just not something you do as a designer if you don't want backlash. Again, this is less of a problem if a good number of the other factions stuck at 3 or less themes get something tested at the same time. Themes without new models should test out pretty quickly-- especially the Skorne stuff that has already undergone one big revision.

You know what's something you don't do as a designer? Every other major faction except one having at least three themes and one faction having just one single theme. Cygnar has four. Everyone else except Trolls, Minions, and Convergence have three, trolls two, and Convergence and Skorne one each. (And yes, Trolls and Skorne each have one in CID but it's not out yet). It will be utterly weird for other Mk3 factions to be playing catchup with Skorne in Mk3. But the gap between five themes and three is a lot less than the gap between three and one, so unless you play Convergence, Trolls, or Minions, I have literally no sympathy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

It would be like playing Warmachine on a PS Vita

haha yeah. I shelfed that thing years ago because I was embarrassed to even look for games on it

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

neonchameleon posted:

You know what's something you don't do as a designer? Every other major faction except one having at least three themes and one faction having just one single theme. Cygnar has four. Everyone else except Trolls, Minions, and Convergence have three, trolls two, and Convergence and Skorne one each. (And yes, Trolls and Skorne each have one in CID but it's not out yet). It will be utterly weird for other Mk3 factions to be playing catchup with Skorne in Mk3. But the gap between five themes and three is a lot less than the gap between three and one, so unless you play Convergence, Trolls, or Minions, I have literally no sympathy.

Yeah, part of my basis for this was thinking that the Forces book was available to Lock & Load, so Skorne would be sitting on a hard four themes today. And really, I'd just rather see everybody get to three first so that the whole game is really playable, though I really wonder what the third theme for Minions should be. I also just want to see 100% coverage for models in the major factions so the complaint that lots of stuff is unplayable due to theme is gone. PP has dug themselves a massive hole by not having this stuff ready on day one and not really having the theme problem solved fully in the Forces books.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

neonchameleon posted:

There's another Skorne theme floating around L&L, I can post a picture in a bit. It's all Exalted models, any caster. 20 pts of units for free stuff, everything starts with a soul, and beasts gain death rage (when disabled, move 3 inches and make an attack)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CaptCommy posted:

There's another Skorne theme floating around L&L, I can post a picture in a bit. It's all Exalted models, any caster. 20 pts of units for free stuff, everything starts with a soul, and beasts gain death rage (when disabled, move 3 inches and make an attack)

I think the list in play has been posted already, but if you have a picture of the theme sheet that would be awesome. I really wonder what the restrictions on units are. You can obviously at least include PGBH, but what else is available?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

rkajdi posted:

I think the list in play has been posted already, but if you have a picture of the theme sheet that would be awesome. I really wonder what the restrictions on units are. You can obviously at least include PGBH, but what else is available?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Can't wait for cheesecake irondad.

Also Cryx Christmas has returned.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nice. Do you think it will work with any warlock besides Zaal2? As always, I'm trying to be a SUSS or at least try to find the non-obvious option.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rkajdi posted:

Nice. Do you think it will work with any warlock besides Zaal2? As always, I'm trying to be a SUSS or at least try to find the non-obvious option.

Death rage on a last standing warbeast with Zaal1 will at least be cute.

I am weird and want to try Xerxis1 with repositiioning vengeance Immortals.

Also Immortals hitting at pow 15.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Death rage on a last standing warbeast with Zaal1 will at least be cute.

I am weird and want to try Xerxis1 with repositiioning vengeance Immortals.

Also Immortals hitting at pow 15.

Yeah, I started going through casters, and Xerxis1 seemed to be the standout. Plus, lots of high quality attacks do very well on feat turn. They aren't weaponmasters, but the volume at POW 15 really mean something.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Goddammit. I want to play nearly every faction. Send help. Or the sweet release of death.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Zaal1 of course. A much more offensive list there. Watch for the Incorporeal Last Stand charges.

Makeda2 is another good option. DEF 15 vs shooting and magic thanks to Deflection and whatever the soul ability is and can keep the Advocates alive. Feat turn incorporeal assassination with boosted attack rolls (and it makes a change from the kitties). I can also see it with Xerxis1 for something weirdly off beat.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 15, 2017

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Also Zaadesh2.

Arm 19 immortals are good.

Death rage on his feat turn sounds really really good.

"Oh, I get a defensive strike against you. Looks like it really hurt you. Be a shame if you killed my dude and I got to make another attack against you at +1 MAT/+2 STR."

Also lets Zaadesh be a bit more carefree with his counter charges

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

Iceclaw posted:

Goddammit. I want to play nearly every faction. Send help. Or the sweet release of death.

Hey man I got a buddy who bought all my armies off me who is now looking to offload some of them if you are looking.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

waah posted:

Also Zaadesh2.

Arm 19 immortals are good.

MAT 8 POW 15 incorporeal charges with a Veteran Leader around are also really good at forcing your opponent to be very cautious with their caster.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
With all the gator stuff coming out i need to make room so I'm looking to offload my trolls. Northkin are super cool but just not my jam.

If anyone is looking I'll send a pm with all the info.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

With all the gator stuff coming out i need to make room so I'm looking to offload my trolls. Northkin are super cool but just not my jam.

If anyone is looking I'll send a pm with all the info.

I might be interested in a few pieces if you end up splitting up the lot, but I totally understand if you want to just move the whole thing at once.

Also I went 2-2 in L&L masters yesterday, placing 25th out of 90th with my two losses to people who made the top 8 cut. If I had remembered a jack marshal'd Hydra shoots at pow 17 with take aim and not 15 as I'd been playing all day, I would have won my last game and made day 2. Womp womp

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What does grymkin do against lists that are a bunch of constructs? Lean on Gremlins if it's jacks I guess

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What does grymkin do against lists that are a bunch of constructs? Lean on Gremlins if it's jacks I guess

Dark Menagerie lets non-troopers with corpse holding to begin the game with a corpse token, and then it's been a while since I checked in on the rules specifically, but I believe you select Arcana after list reveals and can take Accursed at that time?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Old witch 2 is a tonne of fun to play!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay. I'm only skimming them. All this corpse stuff feels like the worst of circle on the surface.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Macero posted:

Hey man I got a buddy who bought all my armies off me who is now looking to offload some of them if you are looking.
You are not helping.
:colbert:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

From the keynote it looks like you can run the Ghost Ship as a battle engine OR put Skarre3 on it to be a BE caster. Which seems really cool. Am I reading into this wrong?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

head58 posted:

From the keynote it looks like you can run the Ghost Ship as a battle engine OR put Skarre3 on it to be a BE caster. Which seems really cool. Am I reading into this wrong?

UhhhhhhhhHhhhhHHHhhhhhHhhHHHH

That's loving dope

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Copied from the Merc Facebook group;

Jason Soles spoiled the llaelese resistance theme in a hang out today. This is the one going through internal testing and may change before CID.

This is from memory so please forgive any errors

Warcasters
Llaelese Warcasters
Constance
MacBane

Llaese units
Precursor knight units
Sam and the devil dogs

Llaelese solos
Versh
Corbeu
Colbie
Gobber tinker solos

You can take one Protectorate or Cygnar unit and it counts as Merc unit. Yes that includes Choir

Gun mages gain sniper

For every 20 points of units take a solo or command attachment

You can place 1 5in aoe of rubble terrain completely within 20 inches of your table edge and deploy one solo in it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Seems nice, but I'm just hoping they revisit Constance and the Precursors in the CID for it. I don't think giving Precursor Knights Sacred Ward to replace Spell Ward would doom WMH, for starters.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Seems nice, but understaffed as hell, considering how there is only a three men generic Llaese unit. Fitting, though, that an underground resistance would fight at a disavantage.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Iceclaw posted:

Seems nice, but understaffed as hell, considering how there is only a three men generic Llaese unit. Fitting, though, that an underground resistance would fight at a disavantage.

There'll probably be ~2-3 typed Llalese units with it, if the Northkin stuff is any indication.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That theme sure has a lot of options that won't be in any other Merc list.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Hmm. I've still got a second unit of Gun Mages that I won't be able to use but that's not a huge deal.

My bigger problem is I don't have a paint scheme for my Llaelese force. I was trying to come up with something primarily purple but nothing I tried was doing it for me. I know I can paint a really nice white but I remember it being kind of a pain in the rear end. Maybe I should just suck it up and do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Copied from the Merc Facebook group;

Jason Soles spoiled the llaelese resistance theme in a hang out today. This is the one going through internal testing and may change...
Ashlynn looking real good.