Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So I don't know where else to post this but speaking of rich assholes I listened to Maynard James Keenan on Joe Rogan yesterday and that guy is an enormous toolbag.

Welcome to what some of discovered like twenty years ago.

whaley posted:

i never really got into tool but went to see them with a friend last year and the lead singer says I JUST WNAT TO SAY ONE THING IF YOUU ARE OFFENDED BY RAPE JOKES YOU NEED TO GET YOUR rear end OUT OF HEREEEEEE and everyone went WOOoOOoOoOoO!!!!

There's a reason Tool fans were one of the original targets of mockery on this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

yeah the splitting and mass suicide the culture experienced because of their participation in war sure was a win

as it turns out the splitting was just part of the plan

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The most perfect conception of Maynard James Keenan is that he named his kid Devo H. Keenan where the H. doesn't stand for anything, except that it's also in the phrase "Jesus H. Christ" because he is, like, the platonic concept of being full of poo poo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont have the heart to tell my uncle that tool sucks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh man, classifying Tool as "uncle rock" would be perfect

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
from the promoted tweet TL of the new Apes movie

https://mobile.twitter.com/byron_vandal/status/885977068017565696

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
What's up with Laci Green?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Communism_Kills/status/819393914968936450

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Guacamayo posted:

What's up with Laci Green?

Started dating Chris Ray Gun, began pandering to the Pepe failson crowd and went full TERF instead of just flirting with it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

wish granted.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
blowing your brains out as the red army encircles your bunker is transcendent if you think about it

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
If blowing your brains out is transcendent then I know a an institution populated by future gods

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
"You know that Hitler... The more I learn about that guy the more I don't care for him"

- Norm MacDonald

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Kawasaki Nun posted:

If blowing your brains out is transcendent then I know a an institution populated by future gods

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hey whaddya know. one of 'em popped up in my town

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/885935198428209152

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Thank God we got rid of the government, right fellas? Anyway, does anybody have an extra 20? I have to cross the Disney toll bridge tonight.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

SteelMentor posted:

Started dating Chris Ray Gun, began pandering to the Pepe failson crowd and went full TERF instead of just flirting with it.

I only started really getting any kind of idea of the feminist / trans / alt-right 'rational' discourse on Youtube very recently, and watched the discussion video where she talks to some TERF named Meghan Murphy and ContraPoints in succession. The whiplash from how she talked in the discussion versus what i see her post on Twitter was insane.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i have been red pilled. turns out reality is exactly like i thought it was the whole time.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Bushiz posted:

The most perfect conception of Maynard James Keenan is that he named his kid Devo H. Keenan where the H. doesn't stand for anything, except that it's also in the phrase "Jesus H. Christ" because he is, like, the platonic concept of being full of poo poo.

I was a big tool fan in the 90s (angsty teen) and some of Undertow and Aenima still hold up well if you like prog metal but Maynard was always a libertarian bordering on objectivist so I don't see how its any surprise that he still holds bad views as the only thing that's changed from then to now is he's gotten older and richer.

Anyway, this tweet owns:

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/885985644551356416

In response to apurposefulwife telling women to stay home and have six kids instead of pursuing careers in science.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Well how about that. Guess we ought to punch that fella

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
go team.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

Well how about that. Guess we ought to punch that fella

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

She's never been radical and was never much of a feminist. She's not even a transphobe, so much as complacently ignorant of biology above a tenth grade level.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BrainParasite posted:

She's never been radical and was never much of a feminist. She's not even a transphobe, so much as complacently ignorant of biology above a tenth grade level.

man who would've thought the averagely-attractive woman who made a name for herself blathering about sex on YouTube was a dumb after all

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
My solution to Tumblr is like my solution to the alt right . Its to build what could be called "character building camps". Preferably in northern Alaska there you can learn what really matters in life while seeing what real actual oppression looks like. These camps would be free of course.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

I was a big tool fan in the 90s (angsty teen) and some of Undertow and Aenima still hold up well if you like prog metal but Maynard was always a libertarian bordering on objectivist so I don't see how its any surprise that he still holds bad views as the only thing that's changed from then to now is he's gotten older and richer.

Yeah the thing I've had with Tool (among other bands) is that the music isn't necessarily bad but the musician is such an insufferable dingus, and so many of his fans unsurprisingly follow suit.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

My solution to Tumblr is like my solution to the alt right . Its to build what could be called "character building camps". Preferably in northern Alaska there you can learn what really matters in life while seeing what real actual oppression looks like. These camps would be free of course.

yes let us reeducate through labor

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Some good discussion in this thread. I think the fundamental issue is an eternal one: the oligarchy, once constrained, have chiselled away their shackles over decades, generations and now rule unfettered from the concerns of the public. That's why we hear an endless parade of propaganda instead of honest discourse and why, no matter what, the legislature only stabilizes the system that benefits the oligarchy and reinforces it through the expansion of the police state. Society isn't ignorant that our institutions have been hollowed out but, without sincere dialogue, education and subject to the most advanced propaganda ever created, we have fractured into countless radicalized circles spread not just throughout the country but the expanse of the internet as well. Divide and conquer, it works.

This particular segment is highly relevant to what has happened to the United States:

2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2Hvg7RdSY

3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFmzkxd-HI

If you want to understand what's going on in the USA today you would do well to read about the Roman Revolution. I'm not sure if it's Obama or Trump who represent the Gracchus event, both were elected as populists seeking to overturn the establishment while actually acting as its personification, but I feel that we've started down a steep, steep hill.

What's that saying: the glory is in the struggle?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So I don't know where else to post this but speaking of rich assholes I listened to Maynard James Keenan on Joe Rogan yesterday and that guy is an enormous toolbag. Also he's a prepper and wants a world-threatening event to happen so people will snap out of their lowly status and band together, although left unsaid and fortunate for him, this world-threatening event wouldn't affect him as much because he's rich.

In addition to being a famous rock star, he will tell you about his winery and an oyster restaurant. Now would you like to try some of my delicate wines...

If the people do wake up and organize, he realize they're going to be organizing against people like him, right?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

consumed by normies posted:

yes let us reeducate through labor

Pineapple Pizza Gulag is a p good username

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

goes perfectly to shout by tears for fears

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/Civ_Silas/status/886075630651150337

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Goddamn, they'll pull a muscle if they try any harder. How do you attend something like this and not loving die of sudden lethal fremdschamen? I'm already blushing a little just reading this poo poo.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/hans_hermanpepe/status/886314603545731072

https://twitter.com/SmoothChudDSA/status/886266306252636161

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what is this even supposed to mean

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Badger of Basra posted:

Probably differentiating clean, civilized Persians from the vulgar Arab masses, or something similar.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badger of Basra posted:

he's referencing how many of the scholars initially associated with the 9th century intellectual renaissance of the first Caliphate, promulgated by Haroun al-Rashid, were mathematicians and litterateurs from the caliphate's Persian and Afghan territories, invited to the capital by the Caliph rather than ethnic Arabs from the imperial heartlands

Lost Enlightenment is a decent pop history book on the subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven