Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

empty whippet box posted:

So is Trump golfing somewhere in France tomorrow? Or will he be embarrassing the united states some other, more french way?

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/886059256205594628

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

jesus christ :catstare:

edit: "He is of Presbyterian faith". yeah buddy I'm not sure "let children die if their parents are poor" is part of your creed you fat gently caress

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

this a joke right

right

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I wish he had gotten shot at that baseball game.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

"well identify the 8th person at the meeting shortly"

Aka never

Yeah was wondering if they ever revealed this

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Well, thanks for reminding me of the difference between disappointment, and bottomless disgust.

Harassment campaigns for poo poo talking video games is normal, and yet this man is welcome in polite society.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
'Have your tried not being a lazy poor' is an interesting voter outreach tactic.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/republican-who-sought-clintons-e-mails-from-russian-hackers-committed-suicide

quote:

REPUBLICAN WHO SOUGHT CLINTON’S E-MAILS FROM RUSSIAN HACKERS COMMITTED SUICIDE

“NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER,” a suicide note recovered by authorities read.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Never again will I accept someone saying Carter was the worst president ever. There is no contest.

I mean, yeah GWB sucked dicks. Over 8 years, he redirected out national security apparatus against the middle east, thereby allowing Russia to becomes wtf it has become, dragged us into two wars, and presided over one of the worst economic collapses in our nations history...

Donald J Trump has, in 6 months, destroyed the United States as a serious broker of international power, pissed off long-standing allies in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, coddled strong-man dictators across the globe, and eroded the confidence of the American people in their own democracy...

But Carter was a pussy about Iran, you guys..... :cry:

Buchanan is largely responsible for the Civil War starting and being so bad. So he's still worse than Trump...for now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

As a type 1 diabetic: the guillotine was invented for sadistic, amoral fucks like Rep. Guice.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Sneakster posted:

Cutting AFDC, 3 strikes, mass incarceration and ratcheting up drug war while pandering to racists to show he's tough on crime vs Trump hopefully accomplishing nothing.

Hoo boy do I have some bad loving news for you

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Come on you guys, registration date literally three days ago.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/885269917930409984

:discourse:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Republicans are all in favor of kids with type 1 diabetes (perfectly treatable) dying while kicking up a storm for dying baby Charlie Gard to be subjected to experimental treatments that don't have a drat chance of saving him. Priorities!

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
https://twitter.com/LeanneNaramore/status/885948819875262465

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Shep is wasted on Fox. Surrounded by a sea of willful ignorance and Propaganda men. :smith:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

If you want your daily dose of losing faith in a humanity look for the tweet with that clip from Fox and read all the sad people railing against Wallace and Smith because they dare question the God Emperor.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yeah was wondering if they ever revealed this

Pretty sure they did. It was a translator, nothing that would really turn heads.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Quorum posted:

Come on you guys, registration date literally three days ago.

D'oh. Usually I'm the one screaming 'bad faith argument' like a loon so my bad!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Pretty sure they did. It was a translator, nothing that would really turn heads.

quote:

So far acknowledged in attendance: Trump Jr., Kushner, Manafort, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, Akhmetshin and publicist Rob Goldstone, who helped set up the meeting. A source familiar with the circumstances told CNN there were at least two other people in the room as well, a translator and a representative of the Russian family who had asked Goldstone to set up the meeting. The source did not provide the names.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/donald-trump-jr-meeting/index.html

updated this am - the translator's name was released but i can't find the 8th person

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

botany posted:

jesus christ :catstare:

edit: "He is of Presbyterian faith". yeah buddy I'm not sure "let children die if their parents are poor" is part of your creed you fat gently caress

He just shot up 10 points in the polls USA USA USA

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

But I think you'll find Democrats are the real villains because...

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
Reminder: the gubenatoral democratic candidate in Mississippi. That's the reason why people like him are in office.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I love that the official line now is that Trump's son and namesake, the head of the Trump campaign, and Trump's son-in-law all attended a large meeting with representatives of the Russian government and nobody ever bothered to tell Trump senior about it. And we are supposed to take Jr's word for it that nothing came out of the meeting, even though he has told, what... 5 different lies about it?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Gonna record an R&B slow jam called "I Love It (Especially Later In The Summer)"

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

"well identify the 8th person at the meeting shortly"

Aka never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
At this point I'm half expecting the 8th person to be Putin himself in a fake moustache carrying a briefcase labeled "Russian collusion starter kit- Treason 100% Guaranteed!"

Fox News will still say "nothing wrong."

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

scott pruitt: science is a debate

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/886212505499869184

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sure. Host it in the Maldives, or in Miami.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm sure it'll be reframed like one of the EVOLUTION VS CREATIONISM show trial debates. Scientist is always either meek, incompetent, or shouted down with strawman after strawman.

The political adage 'if you're explaining, you're losing' holds true in these kinds of debates.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Well, if each bottle of Humalog is $200 and little Timmy goes through 2 bottles a month, 200 test strips per month at a dost of $1 each, and insulin pump supplies at...I'm going to say $300 per month, all Timmy's mom has to do to afford his diabetes supplies is not buy 17 iPhones that year. I don't know what the problem is.

Alternately if she can't afford pump supplies, if she needs 1 bottle of Lantis, that's probably $250 per month instead of the $300.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Bill Nye needs to do his patriotic duty and destroy this fucker.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
He's right you know, science is a debate;

A debate between scientists and other scientists, not scientists vs complete retards.

I'm a scientist and I don't even engage in science discussions much anymore, it's just not worth the ball-ache. Except to occasionally belittle anti-vaxxers, but I only encounter one of them every few years

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

LeeMajors posted:

I'm sure it'll be reframed like one of the EVOLUTION VS CREATIONISM show trial debates. Scientist is always either meek, incompetent, or shouted down with strawman after strawman.

The political adage 'if you're explaining, you're losing' holds true in these kinds of debates.

well that's a problem when that's exactly what science is

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

LeeMajors posted:

Environmental models are converging on a 100% probability of Gish Gallop.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

This scumlord keeps talking about how science needs debate, and a 'red team/blue team' dynamic. Hey you stupid gently caress you're a couple thousand years too late. The scientific method, we figured out that one already. And it's peer review, not pundit review. Between this shitstain, and Rush insulting MC Hawking, it rattles my skull. Is cash money the only motivation for this?

Your Taint posted:

:agreed:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 15, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
We don't need a televised debate over evolution or gravity and we don't need one over global warming either. It would just be a poo poo show that would legitimize the deniers, and Pruitt knows this.

If we have a debate put 99 scientists on the "is real" side and one paid lobbyist on the other

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Your Taint posted:

Can we just send John Oliver's " A Statistically Representative Climate Change Debate" to Pruitt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

suburbanites and exurbanites who have been cut off from their communities, had a simulacron community and identity provided by the mass media, and have no idea of what it means to live out of mainstream society.

This is an accurate statement. In a certain sense, it was engineered to be this way. "No man who owns his own house and lot can be a Communist. He has too much to do." -William Levitt

• Locked thread