Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Isn't the problem that she IS trying to get a divorce.... for Alberto and his wife, so that she can then marry him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Isn't the problem that she IS trying to get a divorce.... for Alberto and his wife, so that she can then marry him?

She hasn't realized yet that Mexicans settle legal matters like child custody with ladder matches

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

She hasn't realized yet that Mexicans settle legal matters like child custody with ladder matches

Sounds like a great way for Mrs. El Patron to get a favorable judgment by default :v:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
You know future Star Wars director Colin Trevorrow just made a movie about how to deal with situations like this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

You know future Star Wars director Colin Trevorrow just made a movie about how to deal with situations like this.

I don't see how cloning dinosaurs is going to accomplish anything.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nah the solution is to give Naomi Watts a sniper rifle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nah the solution is to give Naomi Watts a sniper rifle.

Please don't leak info for Twin Peaks Episode 10 :mad:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i'm going to go to del rio's restaurant and leave a bad yelp review regardless of quality or service :twisted:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well then clearly you are loving blind.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i'm going to go to del rio's restaurant and leave a bad yelp review regardless of quality or service :twisted:

That's illegal.

Just like beating your fiance

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol the reason PWE booked and unbooked Alberto within a day was because several people got in touch and told them he was a coke addicted woman beater.

https://twitter.com/ProWrestleElite/status/885930118694219777

Wonder how much this was the case with his bookings.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol the reason PWE booked and unbooked Alberto within a day was because several people got in touch and told them he was a coke addicted woman beater.

Let's see how the other half of the industry is dealing with this

https://twitter.com/DanIsAYeti/status/885963419404423168

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oatgan posted:

I hope he no shows these morons

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is easily the greatest upgrade ever.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

"we have always prided ourselves on... bringing you the very best wrestling talent and events we can" [...] "we reached out to Alberto El Patron" :xd: lmao

but then they returned to their stated purpose by getting Pete Dunne so it's all good now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Smart move considering El Patron was probably going to no show anyways. Random thought: would he show up for a cocaine on a pole match?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shows up for a wife beater on a pole match but is disappointed when it's a shirt and not a comfy place for him to sit and observe the card from above.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

For pretty obvious reasons I don't expect ADR to get a whole lot of UK bookings going forward.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The restaurant is such a good subplot

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Skinty McEdger posted:

For pretty obvious reasons I don't expect ADR to get a whole lot of UK bookings going forward.

Hopefully he won't get any bookings going forward.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He'll probably keep getting booked in Mexico. If they didn't blackball Jerry Estrada for killing somebody, or Art Barr for being on the lam, this won't stop them either.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 16, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

maybe the bevis family will dangle him off a hotel balcony if he does

wait whose story was that? i forget who im even referencing

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

dromal phrenia posted:

maybe the bevis family will dangle him off a hotel balcony if he does

wait whose story was that? i forget who im even referencing

That was Paige relating the "hilarious" story about how she met Daniel Bryan (he was not being dangled, he was just there) to a momentarily stunned Steve Austin on his podcast.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheHock posted:

That was Paige relating the "hilarious" story about how she met Daniel Bryan (he was not being dangled, he was just there) to a momentarily stunned Steve Austin on his podcast.

Who was being dangled?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who was being dangled?

Johnny Drama. Get some culture, ffs.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Who was being dangled?

A family friend who had "disrespected" Paiges ma. Ricky was beating the poo poo out of him when Bryan arrived, paused from doing so to shake his hand and then returned back to beating the crap out of him. Bryan comes back later, if I remember rightly from having a match to find the guy being dangled out of a forth storey balcony by their feet by Ricky.

Bryan tells the story in his book but doesn't name names, but it's a story that's been known on the UK scene for forever. It's worth noting that the Knights are even more protective of Paige than of their ma, and there's an endless line of stories about poo poo like that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Could this affect his immigration status (which I don't actually know) or would that only be if charges proceed?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maxwell Lord posted:

Could this affect his immigration status (which I don't actually know) or would that only be if charges proceed?

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in GFW, the immigration status of an abuser will be determined in a ladder match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maxwell Lord posted:

definitely when charges are arrayed but right now, UK could still reject him at the border(their discretion).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Johnny Drama. Get some culture, ffs.

What loving planet are you from that Entourage counts as culture

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

definitely when charges are arrayed but right now, UK could still reject him at the border(their discretion).

if alberto del rio tries to enter the united kingdom he'll have bigger problems

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

What loving planet are you from that Entourage counts as culture

:thejoke:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

oatgan posted:

Destiny Wrestling to be renamed the J.A.Q.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I don't even know what his status is vis-a-vis the US and Mexico, though- is he a permanent US resident or is it a visa thing? Because charges like this could end that real quick.

(granted in Trump's America any immigrant can be deported for any reason so this may be moot)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Replacing Alberto with Pete Dunne warrants a "gently caress THE REFUND" chant if ever I heard one.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Pete Dunne was more over in his Takeover match than Alberto was his entire WWE career :colbert:

Fantastic upgrade

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I heard one of those Parenting PSA's on the radio today featuring "WWE Superstar Alberto del Rio". My girlfriend and I pretty much :catstare:'d at each other until it was over where we proceeded to bust up laughing.

My first thought was that this must have been some community service fulfillment, right?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

explosivo posted:

I heard one of those Parenting PSA's on the radio today featuring "WWE Superstar Alberto del Rio". My girlfriend and I pretty much :catstare:'d at each other until it was over where we proceeded to bust up laughing.

My first thought was that this must have been some community service fulfillment, right?

"Remember, your children are very impressionable and violence begets violence. So when you beat the poo poo out of your girlfriend because she's too upset that her stupid uncle or whatever is sick, make sure your kids aren't around."

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

make sure you keep your coke stash locked up so the little ones can't get into it and waste the goods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

only do cocaine when you're not around your children for months on end

• Locked thread