Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

do people think normies will care about ronda in the fed

WWE fans genuinely think Ronda didn't just bomb out of the UFC in the most visible way possible and that her stock is still high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They're desperate for attention and Shayna will get them more than anyone else.

I don't think it has poo poo to do with Ronda

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shayna did a tour with Stardom, right? Has Kairi worked with her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cagematch says they did 2 6 woman tag matches, on opposite teams.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Shayna did a tour with Stardom, right? Has Kairi worked with her?

Yes, in at least two six woman tag matches in STARDOM. I can't accurately measure their quality though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*whispers into a crowd mic just as it's being muted for roman reigns* shayna is in the top half of workers in the tournament

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol they really are desperate for Ronda to do WWE again just so that Steph can get her win back, aren't they

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Queering Wheel posted:

lol they really are desperate for Ronda to do WWE again just so that Steph can get her win back, aren't they

Remember when WWE fired Patrice O'neil and they left messages letting him know that he has been fired, only the messages got angrier because Patrice didn't give a gently caress that he got fired?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Queering Wheel posted:

eh, out of all the UFC fighters to headline a PPV last year, Ronda is 1 of the 3 who managed to actually draw big numbers (the other 2 being Brock and Conor)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Charlotte vs Ronda at Wrestlemania is the current direction.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE fans genuinely think Ronda didn't just bomb out of the UFC in the most visible way possible and that her stock is still high

It's this. Most WWE fans don't really grasp just how embarrassingly bad Ronda's last fight was, thanks to the Olympic level judoka listening to her retarded boyfriend and trying to out box an opponent and not grapple.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ronda is still really famous guys

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Charlotte vs Ronda at Wrestlemania is the current direction.

This pathetic company will job Charlotte to Ronda Rousey lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

eh, out of all the UFC fighters to headline a PPV last year, Ronda is 1 of the 3 who managed to actually draw big numbers (the other 2 being Brock and Conor)

No one's arguing she didn't draw

Everyone's arguing that her last two fights were the absolute most embarrassing things that could have possibly happened to her in-ring and she's never fighting in the UFC again

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Exactly. Of course, they're balls deep on Brock despite him being done in the UFC as well after this last failed drug test, so it follows.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 15, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Going to laugh forever if the entire point of the MYC was to try and get Ronda to compete at Mania.

Let me be clear here. I have no problem with Shayna (or her wrestling). I would have had no problem with Shayna winning the tournament, if they kept the UFC 4HW out of it, and she was just a badass wrestler. But that didn't happen last night. It's setting up for something to happen.

I do have a problem with WWE possibly putting over someone (who isn't signed, from what I know/heard) in hopes that Ronda will repay the favor and compete at Mania. It reeks of desperation, and makes whoever Shayna will possibly beat in the finals (in this case, Kairi Sane) look like a massive loving loser. I'll admit, I would prefer Sane winning, because if Asuka retains at Brooklyn, we have a very credible babyface ready to beat her, as she's already more liked than anyone else currently signed to NXT.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Counterpoint: Ronda and her loser friends loving suck.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shayna had a rad as hell singles match against Io back in February that no one watched.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

why this is shocking to some people I dunno

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Shayna was doing well in STARDOM entirely by herself so I agree with Darkstar that bringing up the Horsewomen so heavily is obviously an attempt by Stephanie to lure in Rhonda to do business and will likely lead to Shayna winning the MYC as a "Good will" move

Rhonda isn't nearly as relevant as she was last year though, she's fallen off a deep cliff.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Here's to hoping Ronda shoots on Steph

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Lesnar was beaten out of the UFC and still moved the needle when he showed up

Ronda will be fine

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ronda kinda sucks but she wouldn't exactly be the worst celebrity WWE has tried to court so

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm trying to think of any celeb the wwe has managed to get in during the prime of their career and not the downturn of it.

Rock and Batista don't count.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm trying to think of any celeb the wwe has managed to get in during the prime of their career and not the downturn of it.

Mayweather and Tyson easilly

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leslie Nielsen

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

Lesnar was beaten out of the UFC and still moved the needle when he showed up

Ronda will be fine

Lesnar at least had an amazing WWE career before the UFC and physically looks like an absolute monster. Ronda doesn't have as much going for her.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

oatgan posted:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Shayna has had a pretty good run on the indies and I kind of assumed she was going to be in the finals Ronda or not. They want these wrestlers they can promote that have legit fighting records either way.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Ronda debuted like Lesnar did by appearing out of nowhere and annihilating multiple people I'd probably mark. I'd probably mark even harder if they paired her with Heyman.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shayna would be a fitting MYC winner given the stories you hear about Mae - smoking cigars, carrying a pistol, beating men at arm wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you're all being worked by the perception this is simply a goodwill gesture towards Ronda to generate heat

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

why this is shocking to some people I dunno

It's a corollary of the "Dean Ambrose was always bad" phenomenon. Part of it that a significant bit of sports fandom in general is making predictions to look smart and prescient / creating narratives around players and teams that explain what already happened and what might happen, and pessimism is just as much a thing as optimism in that regard (and is usually a safer bet). Part of it is that marks are tired of WWE succeeding in spite of itself and want them to take Ls / minimize Ws (like the potential coup of getting Ronda).

There's also the fact that wrestling marks (including workers / promoters) are often neurotic about MMA being more "real" and popular than wrestling.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

oatgan posted:

you're all being worked by the perception this is simply a goodwill gesture towards Ronda to generate heat

Basically. But once it airs hopefully people actually put stock in Shayna as a worker.

Gorn Myson posted:

If Ronda debuted like Lesnar did by appearing out of nowhere and annihilating multiple people I'd probably mark. I'd probably mark even harder if they paired her with Heyman.
Probably but the division still lacks the credibility to sustain a long-term story about her that goes anywhere at all. It would be the main roster mirror of what's happened with Asuka and NXT.

Besides, wasn't Rousey considered a pretty good promo in her UFC days? Am I not remembering that right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe strikeforce ronda

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Donald Trump

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Probably but the division still lacks the credibility to sustain a long-term story about her that goes anywhere at all. It would be the main roster mirror of what's happened with Asuka and NXT.

Besides, wasn't Rousey considered a pretty good promo in her UFC days? Am I not remembering that right?
Rebuild someone like Bayley as the lovable, relatable underdog and boom a Wrestlemania match that makes sense. Something like that will never happen though because there is no appetite in WWE to get someone like that over, theres no intelligence to know how to cleverly book a build up like that, and theres just no talent whatsoever to write it and make it compelling in any meaningful way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Going to laugh forever if the entire point of the MYC was to try and get Ronda to compete at Mania.

Let me be clear here. I have no problem with Shayna (or her wrestling). I would have had no problem with Shayna winning the tournament, if they kept the UFC 4HW out of it, and she was just a badass wrestler. But that didn't happen last night. It's setting up for something to happen.

:agreed: completely

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I support laughing forever at shortsighted and desperate WWE moves, which many folks here do, but i am not sure about its merit as a coping mechanism rather than the draw. it seems both of these types of poster exist and i would like to make it clear that no one deserves A harm from this company or others (not outing anyone, send me a PM if you need to talk to anyone about it)

tell You what, if i made anyone feel unduly targeted, i apologize. the vagueness of my message is solely to avoid specifically pointing out the particular diction used in a previous post in this discussion which i've found to be a common warning sign. i will say that it caught my eye and you don't have to deal w it alone.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

I support laughing forever at shortsighted and desperate WWE moves, which many folks here do, but i am not sure about its merit as a coping mechanism rather than the draw. it seems both of these types of poster exist and i would like to make it clear that no one deserves A harm from this company or others (not outing anyone, send me a PM if you need to talk to anyone about it)

tell You what, if i made anyone feel unduly targeted, i apologize. the vagueness of my message is solely to avoid specifically pointing out the particular diction used in a previous post in this discussion which i've found to be a common warning sign. i will say that it caught my eye and you don't have to deal w it alone.

Huh? If you are talking about what I said in my post, I'm not depressed or anything. Just find it really funny that WWE is bragging about the Womens Revolution, and they may planning to give it to someone who isn't even signed with the company.