Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Should a 5* +ATK/-HP Raven be sacrificed to a 4* +ATK/-RES Frederick for his Brave Axe+ on Horse Emblem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

big trivia FAIL posted:

Should a 5* +ATK/-HP Raven be sacrificed to a 4* +ATK/-RES Frederick for his Brave Axe+ on Horse Emblem?

No way, give it to a 4* +attack Gunter instead!

That said a 3 move glass cannon of destruction is a pretty handy thing to have. Id deffo use freddy over raven, that extra movement makes a huge difference.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I would try to find a better horse than frederick, personally

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

As far brave axe users go, a +ATK Fred is a pretty solid choice since he has a high base attack.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Frederick is good and I would say it's worth it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Horse Emblem Frederick is basically Cherche except tanky and just speedy enough to handle most physical threats.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Horse Emblem Frederick is basically Cherche except tanky and just speedy enough to handle most physical threats.

Fred has 4 defense more than Cherche but 3 less HP so the tankiness difference is pretty small and both have the same speed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm factoring in the Hone buffs which Fred benefits with how horse emblem goes.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Elyv posted:

What axe horse has better atk than Frederick? I thought he was the best at brave axing out of all the green horses.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Frederick has the highest Atk out of all horse units in the game so he'd be the best at brave weapon-ing out of them, yeah. (besides Dire Thunder users ofc) Plus he's green, which is a color that Horse Emblem doesn't have a must-have unit for atm. His lopsided defensive stats are also a nice bonus imo, since he's gonna get doubled if he's hit, and it's better to be able to take a physical double than having an average stat in both and can't take a double at all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
fred also puts naked posters of chrom up to inspire the troops

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Thank god for double SP weekends, otherwise getting the SP for SCamilla would have taken forever. Seeing her deal stupid amounts of damage makes it all worth it, though. Hinoka also seems pretty insane with flier buffs, 61 ATK and 46 SPD is no joke.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I'm factoring in the Hone buffs which Fred benefits with how horse emblem goes.

Oh, okay. Horse Emblem fred vs. stand-alone Cherche (no flier emblem) is certainly how you described.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I figured you could just horse emblem as Cecelia/Xander/Camus/Reinhardt, three of the four are free anyway and it seems pretty standard to me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I figured you could just horse emblem as Cecelia/Xander/Camus/Reinhardt, three of the four are free anyway and it seems pretty standard to me

and Camus can be swapped for a healer if you are doing Tempest or something similar.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah but it's not like Frederick is a terrible option for a nuking unit. Cecilia is also a lot more buff dependent so there's that slight advantage for Fred I guess

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah but it's not like Frederick is a terrible option for a nuking unit. Cecilia is also a lot more buff dependent so there's that slight advantage for Fred I guess

Fred is pretty good and if you like him should definitely invest into him.

I mean, I spent like 50k feathers on a Cherche and I don't even particularly like Cherche.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

I mean, I spent like 50k feathers on a Cherche and I don't even particularly like Cherche.

Let he who has not spent at least 40k on a dumb gimmick cast the first stone

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Running Frederick and Xander just means you immediately lose to any blue mage that Fred can't reach and one-hit safely, axe mom is where it's at

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that's why you go cecilia or reinhardt/frederick.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ungulateman posted:

Running Frederick and Xander just means you immediately lose to any blue mage that Fred can't reach and one-hit safely, axe mom is where it's at

Until Reinhardt comes along with Cancel Affinity.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

Mages can't inherit it.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

UchihaHirou posted:

Mages can't get Cancel Affinity.

Bows and Daggers can though, so that a nerf to Ravens before Reinhardts.
I was seriously expecting a "Brave weapons breaker" skill (or even something more drastic like "all attack buffs on braves are reduced to half effectiveness also") before "Ravens are too OP" became an issue but apparently not.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shinji117 posted:

Mages can't get Cancel Affinity.

Bows and Daggers can though, so that a nerf to Ravens before Reinhardts.
I was seriously expecting a "Brave weapons breaker" skill (or even something more drastic like "all attack buffs on braves are reduced to half effectiveness also") before "Ravens are too OP" became an issue but apparently not.

Cancel Affinity doesn't affect Ravens, just Triangle Adept.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ungulateman posted:

Not exactly a difficult prospect with a damcer and repositioning skills on everyone.

The weakness with that set up is that you lack for ranged units so maps whith lots of lava/walls for cover go from easily exploited to requiring thinking.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
STiki is great, but holy poo poo, she can't handle magic damage at all. Admittedly, mine is a +Def, -HP, but I didn't expect her to be so fragile.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what does STiki stand for? Small Tiki?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blue tomebreaker is an excellent skill on Rein

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Summer Tiki, sorry.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Cancel Affinity doesn't affect Ravens, just Triangle Adept.

No raven user build I know didn't run TriAd because of the +40% v greys in addition to +40% v whatever.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Summer or Swimsuit

The prefixes I'm aware of:

B-Bunny
B-Bride (fortunately there's no overlap there)
A-Adult
Y-Young
F-Female
M-Male
S-Swimsuit/Summer

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/N8ylj

Finally done grinding SP. Tempest Trials + double SP weekend made it as painless at it's going to be, thankfully. Haven't tried them in arena yet, but Hinoka and Camilla are scary with the Hone Flier buff. Minerva is pretty much a placeholder until I decide to use 40k feathers to build Cherche - still hoping to pull one with +ATK/-RES. Thought about Life and Death or Death Blow on Camilla, but I think I prefer the bulk she gets from Fury.

Not 100% sure if the Firesweep Lance+ build was correct for Hinoka, but it's fun and since she's +SPD she has the same offensive stats as Cordelia (35/35). I considered giving her Swordbreaker to make sure she will be able to double the insanely fast Ryomas you see in arena, but Drag Back seems really, really important to have. You can do some crazy turns with Drag Back and Reposition/Draw Back.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I see some fliers with drag back and some with hit and run so what's the deal

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I see some fliers with drag back and some with hit and run so what's the deal
They are very similar skills. Drag Back is easier to get and drags the enemy back with you so your other units can finish off the enemy if your first attack didn't kill it. Also, I think if you can't move the enemy because of movement restrictions (like trying to pull a horse unit into a forest), both units don't move at all. Hit and Run doesn't take the enemy back with you and you always retreat after attacking. Which one you use is pretty much personal preference, but Hit and Run is only available on Clair right now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
drag back is way better

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

It's really hard to get excited about new things when you give them awful IVs, game. Delthea with +HP/-ATK was the biggest bummer ever :mad:

edit: less salty now that I look at her default kit and base stats. -ATK isn't a big deal when you have a 14 Mt tome and Deathblow 3.

UHD fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 16, 2017

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

I'd run my kitted out Xander, +atk db3 rein, wom Azura, then brave axe+ Fred. Is that not a good idea? There would be ward, hone, and goad in there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

UHD posted:

It's really hard to get excited about new things when you give them awful IVs, game. Delthea with +HP/-ATK was the biggest bummer ever :mad:

edit: less salty now that I look at her default kit and base stats. -ATK isn't a big deal when you have a 14 Mt tome and Deathblow 3.

Yeah she won't be meta but she'll still be quite good despite the suboptimal IVs

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

ungulateman posted:

Reinhardt shits on every unit not named Julia, so a blue mage isnt a concern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Any suggestions for 4 Star eliwood? He's gonna be my speedy res tank (+SPD) for Rein/Eliwood/Frederick/Clarine team until one of the cav GHB's rotate back in.