Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's a Game of Thrones spoof
"You know nothing, Michael Gove."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
:kiddo:

Faustian Bargain posted:

I've never seen anything run into the ground so fast more than the "nothing burger." How many times are they going to keep going back to this well?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurtofan posted:

why dragons

Game of Thrones. It's the two dragons Daenerys locked up underground after the third went and killed some innocent people and flew off. The criticisms of it being depressing and jumping around and stuff are common criticisms of GoT, meanwhile.

Edit: Spoiled even though that stuff happened like two seasons ago I think. But yeah. It's a particular GoT thing.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 15, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

A piss tape would undoubtedly get some of the peanut gallery against him, which is loving pathetic since a pee fetish is maybe the least offensive thing he's done. But I gurantee there'd also be no shortage of cartoons with a donkey tsk tsking Trump while a boxer-clad Bill chases a woman in the background.

I'm told that many in Nixon's base turned on him because the White House tapes revealed him to have such a filthy mouth. Seems like we've moved past that standard, though.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Careful, Bok. It's only a short step from there to admitting that North Korea and Iran were rational to pursue nuclear programs instead of just being "crazy" and "evil."

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

In the original, Liberty wears a bonnet rouge. Liability should probably wear different kind of red cap to complete the ensemble.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Saddam turned into the Scatman, I see.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was thinking that Gaddafi had a real Mick Jagger thing going on there

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tiny Troll Russian Lawyer is watching you rummaging!.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

This, I guess? http://www.snopes.com/clouds-over-geneva-show-cern-opening-a-portal-to-a-new-dimension/

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It's a shame that nothingburgers weren't around for the Iraq war buildup

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I don't like this new SMT game :(

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Al Gore continues to jump more and more sharks with his climate change malarky. A huckster for globalism, Gore claims we needed ‘global governance’ to solve the climate change problem. “Governance” sounds better than government and far better than what he’s really after, which is global communism.

Like most carnival barkers, he preys on the gullible. “Step right up! Give your money to me to help save the planet!” Too many people buy into the scam because the mainstream media and Hollywood personalities have been loudly beating the climate drum for many years. They throw around the word ‘science’ as proof without questioning the data.

Recently the creator of the ‘hockey stick’ climate graph, Michael Mann, was held in contempt of court for withholding his so-called scientific evidence. Why wouldn’t he show his data? Because it would prove it’s all a fraud, that’s why. The globalists have purchased the best scientists money can by. The data is skewed to fit what the buyers want.

Michael Mann was humiliated, but Al Gore has been joke for long time. He wants a $15 trillion carbon tax. He’s declared war on carbon, a basic building block of life. Al Gore and his business partner David Blood (Blood and Gore—I’m not making this up), stand to rake in a vast fortune in the process. They own carbon ‘trading’ companies designed to regulate the gas that plants love. If that isn’t enough, Gore recently came up with this howler:

"The climate movement, not least in cities, is right now in the tradition of all the great moral causes that have improved the circumstances of humanity throughout our history," he said. "The abolition of slavery. Women’s suffrage and women’s rights. The civil rights movement and the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa.”

So now climate change is a ‘movement,’ like gay rights, women’s suffrage, or the abolition of slavery. Gore has become a social justice warrior for climate change. Don’t question it! It will hurt feelings! Questioning climate change is hate speech! Everyone praise your savior, Al Gore!

What Gore will do bring back slavery by means of his onerous carbon taxes and globalist government bureaucracy. He will get fabulously richer by stealing our labor while we get poorer. Does he even believe his own climate change prattle? Apparently not. He bought himself beach front home for $9 million. Hey Al, you said the ice caps would be melted by 2014 and the coasts would be flooded, remember? Al Gore says a lot of silly things and he expects us to buy into them every time. He thinks we’re stupid.

The climate change slave train is ready to go and Al Gore is screaming “All aboard!” We need to speak out against this con man. Humiliate him. We don’t need his engineered climate change bunk. Derail him!

— Ben Garrison

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Not exactly news, but Ben Garrison is a loving idiot.

Also :lol: at a literal "when he himself is made of carbon".

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He's gonna just copy the political cartoon from Watchmen someday and nobody's gonna notice.

Probably right after Russia fucks Trump and they're the bad guys again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

quote:

So now climate change is a ‘movement,’ like gay rights, women’s suffrage, or the abolition of slavery.

I mean, yeah I hope so.

LordSloth posted:

It seemed oddly appropriate,

Perfect.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 16, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Literal chunk of Antarctica melted off the mainland and Garrison comes out screaming fake news. :bravo:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
pre:
GOOD GENERALITIES                  |             BAD GENERALITIES
                                   |
                                   |
                CONSERVATIVES      |     LIBERALS

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This might be the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Carbon dioxide, it's what plants craaaaaave

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Spiffster posted:

Literal chunk of Antarctica melted off the mainland and Garrison comes out screaming fake news. :bravo:

Were you there? :smuggo:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
BUNK the polar bear

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Man that is one trainload of 100% white people, well done Garrison.

E:Scratch that, there are two non-white folks on that train

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Declared war on carbon, the basic building block of life"

New taxes installed for people who generate more than their fair share of cells.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spiffster posted:

garrison is a dumbass and all but according to this article the chunk isnt currently linked to climate change

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/12/15947448/antarctica-ice-berg-larsen-c-how-big

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
After the last two mister fish, I was waiting, hoping for the next one. If it were anything like the last two, I could salvage it with a quick edit. No, no I cannot.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Okay, I give up. What the hell does this even mean?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jurgan posted:

Tinsley had a tumble and said he slipped on a dryer sheet. :tinsley:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Jurgan posted:

He made a 100% honest comic...then realized the papers probably aren't interested in stories about him stumbling about drunkenly and hurting himself.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jurgan posted:

trampoline is an olympic sport

trampoline bad

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Roland Jones posted:

The criticisms of it being depressing and jumping around and stuff are common criticisms of GoT, meanwhile.
Who is watching Game of Thrones and surprised that it's depressing? I thought that was, like, its whole thing.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

My favourite thing about Garrison is that he uses actual Marxist rhetoric with his whole "elites stealing our labour" thing, but still paints communists as bad guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BonHair posted:

My favourite thing about Garrison is that he uses actual Marxist rhetoric with his whole "elites stealing our labour" thing, but still paints communists as bad guys.

Keep in mind that a significant portion of Donald Trump's supporters somehow see him as fighting against the elites for the masses, even though he's a billionaire who's mostly known for being a billionaire and little else.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

BonHair posted:

This is not uncommon, I've seen other cartoonists do the same. They get so close to it, but then they inevitably veer off into JEWS GLOBALISTS and CRONY CAPITALISTS.

As if "crony capitalism" was anything but the logical end result of the late stage capitalism that they all worship.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Keep in mind that a significant portion of Donald Trump's supporters somehow see him as fighting against the elites for the masses, even though he's a billionaire who's mostly known for being a billionaire and little else.

Simple geometry. A structure where theres a powerful center ( tyrant, dictator ) opposes one with multiple centers (oligarchy, aristocracy). If each artistocrat have his own army, the kind is a small figure. But if the king have a army and the aristocrats not, they you have a absolute king.

Anyway a populist will say anything to get power. Will declare himself pro-people, pro-business, pro whatever get him power.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This one's genuinely funny. I love the concept and the execution is spot-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's not a Ramirez if that's what you're thinking.

• Locked thread