Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
how long until a team just srtaight up goes "ayo gently caress majors" and signs swag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

drunken officeparty posted:

How do I know when it's better to just give up and run and hide or to spin the wheel of fortune and try to win. I basically always try unless it's like me vs. 5 and even then I do it a lot.

Weapon knowledge of your opponents and confidence with my current weapon helps me out.

Like, if I'm a CT and terrorists take B and its me for a retake against two holding site. One has an P90 and the other scout. I have an M4. I'm taking them on knowing the SMG will play close and I'll need to check the regular sniper spots for the scout. So if I come from mid, I'll go window and check for Scout at back of site, boxes, and right below me. SMG will be near tunnel or right under me most likely.

From here, the information I gather helps my next move. Who do I see first? Both? Did they see me? If so/yes retreat unless I have a clean and quick shot that doesn't require me to snap a long distance away.

Simple said something cool a while ago to the attune of 'keep a piece of paper next to you and write down why you died every time you do. "I died because I peeked too early." I died because I didn't check my corners." "I died because I made a sound and gave my position away." "I died because I lost a fire fight. I didn't take advantage of cover/correct reticle placement/" whatever. I started being more conscious of my decisions and winning more fights and risking more fights. If I know I can't retake because it's 1v4 or something, I'll stand back and try to kill them as they come out because keeping a weapon is good, but I want to hurt their economy as much as possible.

I'm a silver though. So grain of salt. I honestly don't even care anymore about it. I gently caress around too much in comp to take ranking up seriously anymore.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
To the goon that uses unsilenced USP and M4A1, has anyone discussed with you why in 90% of cases this is not a good idea?

From last night's mill game, you might have seen the 10% rare case when you should take them off; flashbang was in a 1v2 and they spotted his barrel sticking out and were able to prefire him.

Otherwise, you are handicapping yourself greatly when you take the barrel off.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Please name names so we can shame them openly

stump collector
May 28, 2007
But it sounds cool

surc
Aug 17, 2004

mcvey posted:

Please name names so we can shame them openly

There was probably already enough shaming and naming names in last night's Goonmans, tbh

Not that it was undeserved necessarily, but probably a little harsher than it had to be.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

goonmans are top tier play, if you don't tell people they are poo poo and awful at the game every time they do something sub-optimal you are playing them wrong - or at least that's how it seemed the last few games I played.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The last time I played one they told me to leave so I did and then I didn't show back up.

Goon life!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Audax posted:

To the goon that uses unsilenced USP and M4A1, has anyone discussed with you why in 90% of cases this is not a good idea?

From last night's mill game, you might have seen the 10% rare case when you should take them off; flashbang was in a 1v2 and they spotted his barrel sticking out and were able to prefire him.

Otherwise, you are handicapping yourself greatly when you take the barrel off.

this gy has no loving clue

go loud or go home

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

The last time I played one they told me to leave so I did and then I didn't show back up.

Goon life!

Yeah there are a few people in goonman who will give you the bizz but for the most part if you aren't saying annoying things and seeming to at least make some effort people tend to leave you alone. We have lots of relatively new players who are regulars.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Terrific Accident posted:

Yeah there are a few people in goonman who will give you the bizz but for the most part if you aren't saying annoying things and seeming to at least make some effort people tend to leave you alone. We have lots of relatively new players who are regulars.

The game hadn't even started yet!

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

The game hadn't even started yet!

You probably joined after the ready check to make teams. Which means that you weren't assigned to a team so you were sitting in someone's spot and not allowing the game to start.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Or you were playing with cravy

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Sign me up for goonmans pls

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Goonmans are pretty friendly. I played a few and regularly shat out about 3 or 4 kills in a match, but everyone was pretty supportive

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Most goonmen are chill but sometimes are not

Terrific Accident posted:

Or you were playing with cravy

:angel:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwilty posted:

You probably joined after the ready check to make teams. Which means that you weren't assigned to a team so you were sitting in someone's spot and not allowing the game to start.

This is actually exactly what happened and I understood it because they said "need one more for goonman" but I got there too late so I left and then Overwatch came out so I didn't play CS for months on end. The times before that were pretty good though even though someone got mad at the rest of the team for not talking enough.

Edit: Also they taught me a lot of things when I was first starting out like "STOP AIMING AT THE FLOOR rear end in a top hat" and "JESUS YOU loving IDIOT WALK ONCE IN A WHILE" and they were helpful tips that got me to hover right around that silver/gold nova 1 sweet spot.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 14, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im genuinely surprised that by playing with ppl like fat lou dorky and such you didnt at least reach ak just by osmosis. same with mr pink.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I could take on any one of these goons 1v1. Think you're tough? Say it to my AK noob.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think its hilarious u kids talking poo poo about cravy. u wouldnt say this poo poo to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Y'all couldn't kick my rear end in real life. I never answer the door.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Demostrs posted:

i think its hilarious u kids talking poo poo about cravy. u wouldnt say this poo poo to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Demostrs posted:

:whitewater:

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Demostrs posted:

You and bart have so much in common dude

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Demostrs posted:

If I met Cravy at lan I'd give him a nice warm hug but only if he wanted me to

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i have no idea who cravy is

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
id imagine cravy gives good strong hugs

can anyone confirm?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I present to you exhibit A of my GN1 plays.

https://gfycat.com/OblongTerribleCarpenterant

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ArfJason posted:

i have no idea who cravy is

How does it feel to be that lucky

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
cravy is a 13 year old russian boy who shits on everyone while not being particularly amazing himself.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Gingerbread House Music posted:

cravy is a 13 year old russian boy who shits on everyone while not being particularly amazing himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqgSn_Shouo

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
here's a couple of videos that were produce by insomnia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jsHba1ocSI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cIosXuhK8

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Electronic is loving insane!"

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

I like the Mirage top-mid pop flash in the second video, I don't think I've ever noticed that angle being pre-fired that close.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

I present to you exhibit A of my GN1 plays.

https://gfycat.com/OblongTerribleCarpenterant

nice flicks, keep your crosshair up, aim your crosshair at where the enemy is likely to be

:)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm really hoping C9 wins here because Magisk's eyebrows are weird.

This felt good though https://gfycat.com/FlippantParchedBobolink

Ignore that red dot at the end I definitely didn't get shot in the back when I changed to window.

Edit: Skadoodle :stare: https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingAntsyWrenJKanStyle

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 16, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i miss being able to hit with the awp and deagle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish I could hold angles as well as Seized's hairline.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Really nice comeback from G2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Na'Vi :negative: