Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Liquid Communism posted:

Our current AG has a hateboner six miles high for drug offenses, and loves mandatory minimums in sentencing. One of his first policy memos was to instruct federal prosecutors to pursue charges that carry a mandatory minimum sentence preferentially. As a Congressman he worked to oppose sentencing reform for non-violent drug crimes for just that reason.

All it takes to make the state laws not matter when pot's still illegal federally is the DOJ putting enough pressure on, say by refusing to distribute funds to state and local police agencies unless they agree to turn over info to the feds so that they can try and prosecute legal pot sellers on such things as violating anti-terrorism banking laws by not keeping their profits in banks where the feds can seize them.

There will be such an enormous pushback if Sessions tries anything like that that he'll be a smoking hole in the far wall. Legal pot is out of the bag and it aint going back in, esp with even federal Republicans getting on the legal pot train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkMartial posted:

Don't take this the wrong way, because I am legitimately asking and not being snarky or anything like that. I have not heard of this before, but are you saying that there are laws (under the guise of anti-terrorism) that state business profits have to be kept in banks?

On the other hand, I've heard that the (maybe some of the) banks won't take money from dispensaries because it's made illegally on a federal level.

It's a lot of the latter, with banks not wanting to handle money that might be of unsettled legality/bad PR (the adult industry has similar issues) but there are totally controls on having/moving large amounts of cash*. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much for a motivated prosecutor to convince a grand jury that maybe Kind Mountain Green Medicine Co is maybe violating some sort of statute. And I'm sure if there was pressure on the IRS, it could get very uncomfortable for high-revenue unbanked businesses.

*It's been a while so I don't recall specifics, in no small part because I never handle anything other than tiny sums of cash. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

cursedshitbox posted:

I think it's official enough to post. The wife and I are moving to Ukraine. it is not open for debate or renegotiation.
We've rented a 500sq-m warehouse, and are starting the second makerspace(that i'm aware of) in this country.

However.

Buy my tools, truck, bus, and our fabrication poo poo, and david's DR. (my bike is tentatively sold already)

You all should know that incase poo poo goes awry we do have an exit strategy planned. We know what we're getting into.
When is the move? We still need to go for a ride together at some point.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ilkhan posted:

Based on his recent posts, he's already made the move.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Off to see Baby Driver at the drive in tomorrow evening.....

In a San Remo MY06 WRX that is VIN'ed as a WRX STI exactly like the main stunt cars used. Going by myself but I dont give a flying gently caress

I'll be seeing Baby Driver on Monday in Gold Class as it will be my birthday present to myself.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

The move date is planned for Oct 1. The Drz was sold to a friend and will be delivered two weeks after I return which is jul23.

The Locator posted:

Based on his recent posts, he's already made the move.

We're here now gauging whether or not we would be able to live here.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well in true 14 inch fashion he just posted a pic on FB where it appears he had the poo poo kicked out of him. Anyone talked to him this week?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Well in true 14 inch fashion he just posted a pic on FB where it appears he had the poo poo kicked out of him. Anyone talked to him this week?

He says he got rolled for his stuff. I asked him if he was okay-okay and he didn't respond yet.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He says he got rolled for his stuff. I asked him if he was okay-okay and he didn't respond yet.

Pics this week and posts seem to me that he is well and truly homeless at this point is this correct?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Pics this week and posts seem to me that he is well and truly homeless at this point is this correct?

I don't know. Seems (deliberately?) ambiguous. I hope it's not the case.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
he's been homeless for weeks

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

KakerMix posted:

Yo DJ Commie (stole this from Rhyno in the craigslist gold thread)

Go buy this

I already have a turquoise Rocky!

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You need spare parts!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've been smoking the last few weeks. Don't wanna keep buying cigs (or get lung cancer), but the nic stim legit helps me focus on poo poo.

Talk me out of getting an e-cig.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I don't know. Seems (deliberately?) ambiguous. I hope it's not the case.

He is very much deliberatly homeless. He's goign to be dead in a gutter within a year at this rate.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

He is very much deliberatly homeless. He's goign to be dead in a gutter within a year at this rate.

Well I hoped for better but yes he seems really proud of his lifestyle "choice" wish things would have worked out different, we tried

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Rhyno posted:

You need spare parts!

The spare parts car being quadruple the price of what I paid for mine and being lower miles is pretty AI, I'll have to admit.

I wonder if I could use my acetylene torch to bend the DeTomaso Charade header I have to fit the Rocky, it really woke up the Charade racecar.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 15, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

edit

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 15, 2017

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Talk me out of getting an e-cig.

I switched from smoking rollies to an e-cig a few years ago. I don't regret it, but I would say you should do so with caution. They are their own addiction beast altogether, and they aren't any easier to quit.

It's very easy to get into the habit of smoking it far, far more regularly than you would cigarettes - I found myself semi constantly puffing away in front of the tv or on a long drive. I now only "smoke" in the kitchen at when I'm at home, and I use it a lot less. I would suggest setting up similar rules.

There are also some unknowns in terms of health effects - although I would still prefer those to the known health effects of proper smokes.

If you are a smoker, have tried giving up multiple times and failed, or kind of want to give up but aren't fully motivated, or just plain don't want to quit but want to try something "healthier" then e-cigs are a good idea. If you can quit straight up, don't take up efags. If you don't smoke at all DONT TAKE UP VAPING FOR FUCKS SAKE.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I rubbed up against the fence backing into my driveway years ago and broke the mirror. It was pretty cheap to get replacements at a junkyard, like maybe $60 for two power mirrors (I took both because they were black instead of body color). Once you take the trim off the door it's just a couple of bolts.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

stump posted:

If you are a smoker, have tried giving up multiple times and failed, or kind of want to give up but aren't fully motivated, or just plain don't want to quit but want to try something "healthier" then e-cigs are a good idea. If you can quit straight up, don't take up efags. If you don't smoke at all DONT TAKE UP VAPING FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I smoked for about 5 years, quit 6 years ago. Only times I smoked during the quit era were bummed smokes on the two shittiest days I had at my last job (which I quit a month later in 2013), this is my first multi-pack relapse.

I don't really like the idea of smoking, but I find I can focus on work for a while after a smoke, in a way that caffeine no longer does for me.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Enourmo posted:

I don't really like the idea of smoking, but I find I can focus on work for a while after a smoke, in a way that caffeine no longer does for me.

Oh yeah that sounds awful familiar. Smoking got me through my last two years of uni... probably something to do with my at the time undiagnosed ADHD. Mostly quit after that, was just a social smoker for years, then relapsed fully when I went from struggling at work to really struggling at work.

If you are going to end up smoking anyway, then ecigs are a better way to go.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Already had someone ask if the WRX is a movie replica car. This is turning out to be a fun night

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

everdave posted:

Well I hoped for better but yes he seems really proud of his lifestyle "choice" wish things would have worked out different, we tried

Yup.

The descent is eerily similar to my cousin, who I just watched die over the past 2 years from brain cancer. Just a steady-state decline that nobody else can do anything about, with everyone knowing it's a one-way road. poo poo, he's even thinning out like she did.

Except his death is entirely preventable, and a whole and fulfilling life is entirely possible. But it's not up to us. :(

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Holy gently caress this thread is getting heavy.

Enourmo posted:

Live your life the way you want man, but having watched two grandparents die of emphysema I'd encourage you in the strongest possible terms to not smoke.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Something to lighten the mood:
The location of the next AI meet

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seminal Flu posted:

Yup.

The descent is eerily similar to my cousin, who I just watched die over the past 2 years from brain cancer. Just a steady-state decline that nobody else can do anything about, with everyone knowing it's a one-way road. poo poo, he's even thinning out like she did.

Except his death is entirely preventable, and a whole and fulfilling life is entirely possible. But it's not up to us. :(

Short of locking him up in a residential rehab facility, or the inevitable jail trip that's coming, there's nothing you can do. It blows.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

cursedshitbox posted:

The move date is planned for Oct 1. The Drz was sold to a friend and will be delivered two weeks after I return which is jul23.

We're here now gauging whether or not we would be able to live here.
So we'd need to ride soon after you get back.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Enourmo posted:

I smoked for about 5 years, quit 6 years ago. Only times I smoked during the quit era were bummed smokes on the two shittiest days I had at my last job (which I quit a month later in 2013), this is my first multi-pack relapse.

Sleep more, change your job, listen to rock music - anything other than smoking which will make you anti-social, unhealthy and die early.

Quit smoking and we can enjoy your company for longer.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Baby Driver is goddamn AWESOME

Improptu WRX meet and sooooo many people wanted to race me for some odd reason leaving.

Also got offered 20K right there if I sold the MY06. Sorry but noooooope that is the one thing in my life that is just simply never for sale no matter how high the offer

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

We've got a geomagnetic storm watch this weekend. If it's a clear night, try to look for aurora before you go to bed, even if you're south of where you typically see it.
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/g2-moderate-geomagnetic-storm-watch-issued-valid-16-17-jul-2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Forgive me AI, for I cannot identify this car for sale.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/6192991216.html

He calls it an Opel GT, but it clearly isn't. It looks so familiar to me but I can't place it and GIS is failing me. ...Do I need to head straight there with a trailer and cash in hand?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

angryrobots posted:

He calls it an Opel GT, but it clearly isn't. It looks so familiar to me but I can't place it and GIS is failing me. ...Do I need to head straight there with a trailer and cash in hand?

I was going to say Triumph Tr6 but the rear end doesn't match.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Copying from Kimbo's thread, in case there are some Lotus experts looking on a Saturday afternoon:

:siren:

I stopped at an estate sale near me today and found a '72 Elan. 59k miles, original dead owner. Passed at $19k, because I couldn't find reliable pricing... they want the car sold by 3 today... thoughts?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

angryrobots posted:

:psyduck:

I stared at this for about 20m and I can't even identify a single part of it as belonging to something I recognize. The radiator position is way back like a GT. Everything else is completely batshit. Custom weird poo poo usually keeps the original cowl/windshield/partial roofline and that's not even close to right for a GT.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 15, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

At least I feel less crazy now. If no one can identify it I'll give him a call.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

angryrobots posted:

That looks like a two door Opel Ascona (1900 in the USA) that was shortened behind the door and lengthened in front of it. The wheel wells were also moved up to lower the body, especially in the front.

Later years, 1975 I think, had the tail lights wrap into the side of the car. Looks like 1971 style bumpers on a chopped 1975

E: and they threw some kind of weird engine into it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

Copying from Kimbo's thread, in case there are some Lotus experts looking on a Saturday afternoon:

I stopped at an estate sale near me today and found a '72 Elan. 59k miles, original dead owner. Passed at $19k, because I couldn't find reliable pricing... they want the car sold by 3 today... thoughts?

http://bringatrailer.com/search/elan/

I am not Lotus expert but probably about what it's worth

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Seminal Flu posted:

I'll send it to a friend with an Elan and let you know what he says, until then Hagerty puts it at 20-44k depending on condition - https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1972-Lotus-Elan-Sprint?id=57870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

everdave posted:

http://bringatrailer.com/search/elan/

I am not Lotus expert but probably about what it's worth

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll send it to a friend with an Elan and let you know what he says, until then Hagerty puts it at 20-44k depending on condition - https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1972-Lotus-Elan-Sprint?id=57870

Thanks, I agree... in looking, I think that 25k is right about where it's at. Leaves for about 5k profit, but not enough to make it worthwhile. When I first started looking, it seemed (seems?) like they bring a lot more money in England...

• Locked thread