Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I bet they have to use one of those wedge things that help fat people have sex.

Unfortunately Rich insisted on building it himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Apparently for legal reasons they can't actually say "with great power yaddayaddayadda" and the movie worked so much better without it.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Archaic posted:

Apparently for legal reasons they can't actually say "with great power yaddayaddayadda" and the movie worked so much better without it.

This poo poo made me hate Spiderman and Spiderman movies. We get it you poo poo faced movie, shut the gently caress up. Spidermans movies are bad.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

actually the new one is ok, hopefully they keep rolling out more no-name villains, wanns see mysterio on the big screen

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
No joke, one of the plot points of the new spider-man movie is spider-man is trying to get to the spelling bee but gets trapped in a loading dock for trucks.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
rewatching botw and I was reminded how hilarious mike's gleeful reaction to bill getting blown up by blood debt's tiny rocket is.

someone please post a gif of it

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I saw Baby Driver on RLM's recomendation and it was not very good. Good music, great driving stunts/scenes, but the characters weren't interesting, the dialog was trying so drat hard to be smart and cool and funny but I only laughed at "he put the asian in home invasion" and the slight character twist at the end made zero sense. Oh and the love story made even less sense and was boring. For a movie about driving fast it was slow as hell.

The guys were right though, the first 15 min or so where they do a whole scene to music and then he's walking around and it's like a musical, if they had kept that style or tone up through the movie it could have been much more interesting or unique, but it rapidly becomes "generic fast and furious car crime movie #97" after the first act or so.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a bone to pick posted:

No joke, one of the plot points of the new spider-man movie is spider-man is trying to get to the spelling bee but gets trapped in a loading dock for trucks.

Good grief what a disgrace

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

a star war betamax posted:

I used to not like to girl because she would contradict mike...... But now that she is gone I miss her

Mike is good. But without someone undermining his power he will continue to domineer RLM until he achieves peace. A desert of the dead, but called peace. Rich Evans will be toiling forever, building ever more perfect wheels until Mike comes through, destroying them and making him start over, again and again forever. Jay attempted to steal his youth but has now been chained to a table in the editing room. JOsh is controlled through fear. Jessi come back.

Because of his on- and offscreen antics, some people call him Rich Heavens.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Archaic posted:

Sometimes binding contractual agreement doesn't get the credit it deserves for preventing poo poo like this.

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text
have any of you fine retards played the new "video" game from noted indie darling edmund "mcmillen" called "the end is nigh"? i only ask because God's last living apostle Rich Evans is a voice actor in it. it's pretty alright if you liked meatboy, that is my review.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
My end is nigh to big for me to wash in the shower!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reignofevil posted:

My end is nigh to big for me to wash in the shower!

You got a fat rear end?

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text
me personally I use a sponge on a stick

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

very cool

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i still can't believe they call the movie baby driver. that's almost dumb as killing off the great actor in your monster movie to focus on a piece of wood pretending to be a man.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Gotta get away....

Baby driverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

When the cops in blue comin after you baby driver.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Meanwhile, at the Disney press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PostNouveau posted:

I bet they have to use one of those wedge things that help fat people have sex.

Wait...... waitwaitwait. Tell me this is something you just made up, and not a real thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol they're doing live action remakes of all the already good or great animated movies.

gently caress MOVIES.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When was the last time we saw Josh on RLM?

I think it was like 5 months ago

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

good

gently caress josh

I hope he dies!!!!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Meanwhile, at the Disney press conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

Weirdly I read Disney Toon Studio Untitled and felt really hopeful!

Ps please don't remake mulan.

naem
May 29, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol they're doing live action remakes of all the already good or great animated movies.

gently caress MOVIES.

Eh it's fine, they have to make money and people will all go pay to see that.

Plus they will now have the money to produce such fine works of art as UNTITLED HON SOLO MOVIE

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

remake mulan with scarlett johansson as mulan imo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The Emoji movie comes out July 28th!

!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

HerraS posted:

remake mulan with scarlett johansson as mulan imo

Remake every poc movie role with Scarlett johandsom and remake every white guy role with Idris Iloba

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Teikanmi posted:

When was the last time we saw Josh on RLM?

I think it was like 5 months ago
2 months ago when he and Jay did a Re:view of Fire Walk With Me

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

gently caress I just imagined a blade runnet sequel without jared leto with ibis elbow as the lead and got a boner

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Only Emma Stone has the star power to play Mulan.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

reignofevil posted:

Ps please don't remake mulan.

The Chinese Market doesn't care about your memories or nostalgia.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

No one forces you to watch bad movies. Watch the good ones and skip the bad ones. If you don't have a process for getting an idea if a movie is good or bad, well, that's your own fault.

Indie movies still get made. In fact, there are more indie movies now than ever. If you want "different" movies from the monoculture, seek them out.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dsriggs posted:

The Chinese Market doesn't care about your memories or nostalgia.

One day I looked up if China liked mulan and they loving HATED IT.

It bombed hard over there

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

No one forces you to watch bad movies. Watch the good ones and skip the bad ones. If you don't have a process for getting an idea if a movie is good or bad, well, that's your own fault.

Indie movies still get made. In fact, there are more indie movies now than ever. If you want "different" movies from the monoculture, seek them out.

Indie movies are also trash, but they also look cheaper.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

reignofevil posted:

One day I looked up if China liked mulan and they loving HATED IT.

It bombed hard over there

Jackie Chan was in it, lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Indie movies are also trash, but they also look cheaper.

reignofevil posted:

The Emoji movie comes out July 28th!

!!!

Can't wait 😈😍

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Uhg why do they keep making all these bad movies I keep paying to see? I'm so upset at the rehashes and reboots and soft seaboots I keep taking hours out of my day to pay to go see.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Same.

*sells plasma and purchases popcorn butter*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Uhg why do they keep making all these bad movies I keep paying to see? I'm so upset at the rehashes and reboots and soft seaboots I keep taking hours out of my day to pay to go see.

That really is the vibe I get from a lot of people here and it's mystifying. I just don't go see movies that I think will be bad. Sure, sometimes I'm wrong, but I'm right way more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jesus Christ, I wanted to check what Jackie Chan was up to nowadays, and holy poo poo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viy_2:_Journey_to_China

A trash sequel to a trash Russian film that was itself a lovely sequel to a classic horror story. And he stars in it with Schwarzenegger, Rutger Hauer, and Charles Dance. Why is this happening?

• Locked thread