Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
A promising novel from the author who brought you Technomigration is in the works. Also enjoy the fun little snippet at the end there that will let you know what his usual updates are like.

Waterbed Wendy has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Christ. This guy used to hang out in my main Steam group. It formed from Penny Arcade 10 years ago, and he just wandered in one day. His opinions then were just bad but boring.

Are you telling me that I played l4d with/around this mother fucker?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Waterbed Wendy posted:

A promising novel from the author who brought you Technomigration is in the works. Also enjoy the fun little snippet at the end there that will let you know what his usual updates are like.

:laffo: literal baby killing in the very first sentences, a subtle way to establish the baddies.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Waterbed Wendy posted:

"The insects held their breath" is magnificently terrible.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Elliotw2 posted:

Are you telling me that I played l4d with/around this mother fucker?

There's a really good chance. I think he was SoulGate? I'll have to ask Cat.

Is that you, Trey?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I dont know who Ian Miles Cheong is, but every time someone posts something from his twitter, his tiny little avatar gives me Brian Peppers flashbacks.

He was once a normal gamer nerd guy who was apparently fairly liberal, but then he read a bad review of The Witcher 3 and became a GG figurehead after having a meltdown

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was once a normal gamer nerd guy who was apparently fairly liberal, but then he read a bad review of The Witcher 3 and became a GG figurehead after having a meltdown

That was loving absurd, just look at this old tweet of his:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/527598189096873986

These days he only gets supremely dunked on or self owned on a daily basis.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
.... unfortunately for the United States.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Terrorists already know his name and laugh out loud every time they remember he leads the most powerful nation on Earth

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waterbed Wendy posted:

This is amazing. Please post more.

I'd challenge anybody to find someone that looks dumber in a baseball cap than DJT.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I wonder how exactly he got this reputation as a rear end kicker. He's just some rich guy from New York City.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Scratch Monkey posted:

I wonder how exactly he got this reputation as a rear end kicker. He's just some rich guy from New York City.

By being extremely pro-war crimes, as far as I can tell.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Scratch Monkey posted:

Projection.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Scratch Monkey posted:

Staring like a tough guy into the camera, committing/endorsing violence without apologizing.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There's a really good chance. I think he was SoulGate? I'll have to ask Cat.

Is that you, Trey?

Yeah, it is. It's so weird that the internet can feel so small sometimes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

This is amazing. Please post more.

I'd challenge anybody to find someone that looks dumber in a baseball cap than DJT.

Me, probably. My head/face shape just doesn't work well with baseball caps.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

EmmyOk posted:

I feel like troll or not this is one of those things that's still hosed up

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/885531836729970688

I think this is literally a Silent Hill monster.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TrumpStudents/status/883755127953399808

https://twitter.com/c_aallen/status/883842632174026752

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Make America great again. Grab here.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The ones for plus size trump fans say Make America Gunt Again

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The ones for plus size trump fans say Make America Gunt Again

Are you kidding?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

veni veni veni posted:

Me. But I account for that by not loving wearing them.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe

Jurgan posted:

I think this is literally a Silent Hill monster.

It looks like it has ripped its own heart out trying to kill itself but to no avail.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
As I mentioned earlier, here's the obligatory Ian Miles Cheong Getting Dunked On Tweet for today:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/885949011575939073

By the way, in the thread he make things worse by accusing this guy of plagiarism. And the dude just destroys him even further.

nerdz has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

nerdz posted:

As I mentioned earlier, here's the obligatory Ian Miles Cheong Getting Dunked On Tweet for today:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/885949011575939073

By the way, in the thread he make things worse by accusing this guy of plagiarism. And the dude just destroys him even further.

Thank you for that.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
Here's some more from trust fund guy. He constantly posts about saving the world with economics. I don't know poo poo about economics, so I don't know if I'm dumb or he's crazy.

I feel really bad for the justice department intern that had to read this and respond.

I have no idea what this means, but he posts it all the time.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I've generally found that whenever someone starts ranting about "Natural Law" they are pretty loving crazy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nael posted:

This looks like some of Eripsa's latest nonsense. :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Foreverially nonrivalrized Costco.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

nael posted:

Here's some more from trust fund guy. He constantly posts about saving the world with economics. I don't know poo poo about economics, so I don't know if I'm dumb or he's crazy.

I feel really bad for the justice department intern that had to read this and respond.

After poring over this for way too long, I finally realised that the stupid diagram is really just the least intuitive way possible to illustrate what he wrote in that post. Red makes blue loses a white dot, so then yellow (i.e. the government) comes in, takes a white dot from red and gives it back to blue, and then takes the black dot from red for itself. I have no idea what he means by "nonrivalrous" in this context, as to my understanding that only applies to goods and services, rather than actors.

So in other words, it's an incredibly roundabout way of saying that if e.g. Arnold causes a loss to Bob by doing donuts on Bob's lawn, the government steps in, takes the money out of Arnold's hide through the court system, and reimburses Bob for the cost incurred. Then it additionally takes some more money from Arnold as part of the transaction to pay for the actual process of that (e.g. court costs), where the whole "bayesian-efficient" part just means it does so in the most efficient way with minimum waste. Basically, it's babbies' first low-level political theory. I have no idea how or why you'd derive any sort of natural law from this purely descriptive observation, or how you'd "abide" by that law. It's like saying "If you mix flour and water and bake it, you end up with bread. I accept the above process as Natural Law and agree to abide by it."

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Jul 15, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

goose willis posted:

I've generally found that whenever someone starts ranting about "Natural Law" they are pretty loving crazy

But you don't understand! If you don't trust natural law, this happens!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I don't know what the English part is supposed to say, but the Gallifreyan says "DO NOT REMOVE THE TAG FROM THIS TARDIS"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886345961194348544

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I was looking at that going "I don't get it aside from Ann Coulter being angry" and then I realized it says "extra room" seat :v: So... she bought a ticket for a seat to put her carry-on in or something?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

I was looking at that going "I don't get it aside from Ann Coulter being angry" and then I realized it says "extra room" seat :v: So... she bought a ticket for a seat to put her carry-on in or something?

I think it's the seats next to the exits, the ones that have more leg room?

I don't remember paying extra for them (the one time I used one), but I'm also European and it was a short flight so who knows.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Count Uvula posted:

I'm actually no longer sure. I guess I misunderstood it as her getting an extra seat for herself or something. It might be extra legroom because she's tall? It gets confusing, because this is the first tweet with a picture:

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886345266571378693

As someone pointed out, this is not on the same side of the plane, so wtf?! :psyduck:

Edit: LOL

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/886353240471855105

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Jul 15, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm actually no longer sure. I guess I misunderstood it as her getting an extra seat for herself or something. It might be extra legroom because she's tall? It gets confusing, because this is the first tweet with a picture:

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886345266571378693

As someone pointed out, this is not on the same side of the plane, so wtf?! :psyduck:

Edit: LOL

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/886353240471855105

I was about to ask her thoughts on the guy getting dragged off the plane. Perfect.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blow her out the airlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
That woman's expression is exactly the way mine looks whenever I happen to listen to Ann Coulter