Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Would you rather have Kyle Schwarber or Wilson Ramos in an H2H categories league?

Ramos if he stays healthy, which he never does, so I'll take Schwarber all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

bewbies posted:

bewbies, the morning of July 14: "hey, Jon Gray looks like a good streaming matchup!"

me, late last week: "oh boy, Jon Gray is still on the waiver wire. Those fools!"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gray is good and one real bad start doesn't change that

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Abel Wingnut posted:

I humbly disagree.

Also, I can safely drop Berrios in a 10-team league, right? He's not awful, but he hasn't been exactly electric over his past 4 games. I know, I know, small sample size, but again, I am in a 10-team league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

That's what Kyle Freeland told me when I said that everyone was fighting for Gray at the end of my draft

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ramos if he stays healthy, which he never does, so I'll take Schwarber all day.

And I just got a Yahoo alert that Ramos is DTD, so lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Second Half Dozier is back bitches

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
N:

7.2 IP, 13 K, 0.00 ERA, 0.65 WHIP

0 W

V:

:laffo: :lol: :laffo: :lol: im not even mad im laughing right nw

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If Madson or Doolittle are still available in your leagues, one of them is gonna be the Nats closer so...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

tough to say who

doolittle's better, but madson and dusty have history

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Raise your hand if you started Matz in the same league you already started Gray and benched Hoffman in another

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Abel Wingnut posted:

tough to say who

doolittle's better, but madson and dusty have history

It stands to reason that the odd man out might get Holds, since everyone else in the Nats bullpen is terrible.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hedge your bets and grab both.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

N:

7.2 IP, 13 K, 0.00 ERA, 0.65 WHIP

0 W

V:

:laffo: :lol: :laffo: :lol: im not even mad im laughing right nw

Wins are the dumbest stat. I swear from now on I want to only play in leagues with QS

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Wins are the dumbest stat. I swear from now on I want to only play in leagues with QS

My QS, OBP, Sv/Holds league is my favorite.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my league uses w and qs and i hate it immensely

i wish it was possible to use opponent's ops for pitchers

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jabro posted:

Hedge your bets and grab both.

That's what I did, had to drop Luis Castillo and Dickey, which I hate because Kluber is my only good pitcher, but I'm fairly confident that at least one of them will be around when I can know who to drop.

I'm also anticipating Justin Wilson getting traded and becoming a set up man, so I'll be able to toss him when that happens

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that's another situation i don't know how to read. does it go to alex or greene? i want to say greene because he's better but alex is the setup guy.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo/status/886694281070739456

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My QS, OBP, Sv/Holds league is my favorite.

OBP is so good that I can never go back to averages. OBP+S is even better.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

that's another situation i don't know how to read. does it go to alex or greene? i want to say greene because he's better but alex is the setup guy.

Greene over Alex Wilson. Although apparently teams want Shane Greene, too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Don't. C'mon Dusty.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I am now 12-2 in my h2h dynasty league. :feelsgood:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Jeurys Familia might be back in a few weeks if he's available

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

I learned long ago that Dusty ain't trusty. Sticking with the Knebel/Reed/Rivero closer rotation. Let somebody else deal with that mess.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Per CM:

GM Mike Rizzo told MLB Radio in an interview that the team initially targeted Madson and would not use a closer-by-committee. The inference there was that Madson would get the first crack, but Rizzo might not be done trading, and with a handful of other lefties in the pen, Doolittle could get a look as well.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tommy Pham feels really underrated in fantasy. He's been a legit 5 category player this year and is owned in only like half the leagues.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Niwrad posted:

Tommy Pham feels really underrated in fantasy. He's been a legit 5 category player this year and is owned in only like half the leagues.

Yeah killer ops too if you run that league. He suffers from being on the Cardinals and also having his position tenuously snapped up by the young guys they got that they think can be franchise starters (Grichuk and Piscotty)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is brett cecil closing? what on earth?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

according to whoever manages the rockies, dahl probably won't come up this season

that is completely unbelievable iyam. if he keeps raking, he will be up. even if he doesn't, i don't see why they'd keep him down. it's not his decision anyways.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been offered a trade and I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is a 12 team H2H points league.

Give: Jon Lester, Lance McCullers

Get: Wil Myers, Addison Reed, Tyson Ross, and Lance Lynn

Here's my team for reference:

C: Mike Zunino
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Chris Taylor
3B: Jonathan Villar
SS: Francisco Lindor
OF: Keon Broxton
OF: Ender Inciarte
OF: Nomar Mazara
DH: Gregory Polanco

P: Jon Lester, Lance McCullers, Zach Britton, Ivan Nova, Stephen Strasburg, Zack Wheeler, Jacob deGrom, Gerrit Cole, Alex Colome, Mike Montgomery, Keone Kela, and a soon to be dropped Michael Pineda

Bench: Javy Baez, Ryon Healy, Ian Happ, Ben Zobrist, Avisail Garcia, Yoan Moncada

My biggest need is pitching depth. And I do need a hitting upgrade, but I have Votto and don't really need Myers but I guess he could take my DH slot. I rejected the deal but he's still trying to make it work. Would it be worth it if I can get him to include a different pitcher than Reed since he's probably going to lose his closing job? This is also a keeper league, but I don't think I would keep any of the guys offered to me. I'm currently in 3rd place and probably won't get far in the playoffs as my team is right now, but this is the 1st place team offering me the trade and his team will be just too good if I make the trade. I should probably see what I can get for my keepers from the teams out of the playoffs, but nobody makes good trades in this league and this is by far the best offer I've gotten all year.

Still leaning towards not making the deal but I'd like to hear another opinion or two.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
You're taking a step down in SP in that trade, and like you said, you don't really need Myers or Reed necessarily. I would at least try to get a better 3B out of the deal rather than Myers/Reed, and even then I probably wouldn't do it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, I've been talking to another guy about Donaldson, I think I can get him straight up for either Lester or deGrom. I would still need more pitchers though. I really need to try getting rid of my bench bats for a couple of pitchers. The FA pool isn't much of an option either, unless I want Matt Garza or Ubaldo Jimenez.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

according to whoever manages the rockies, dahl probably won't come up this season

that is completely unbelievable iyam. if he keeps raking, he will be up. even if he doesn't, i don't see why they'd keep him down. it's not his decision anyways.

The Rox don't have enough playing time to go around as it is. I expect they'll leave Dahl in the minors where he can play every day, rather than call him up to ride the bench.

Jingleheimer posted:

I've been offered a trade and I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is a 12 team H2H points league.

I think reliable starting pitching is so scarce nowadays that I'd only trade a SP for hitters/RPs if I was clearly winning the trade. In all my leagues there are plenty of interesting bats on the wire (Mancini, Gallo, Broxton, Pedroia, Kendrys, Schebler, etc etc) but there's just no pitching there worth a drat. Lance McCullers is striking out 10+ batters per 9 innings with an elite WHIP and is backed by perhaps the best offense in baseball. Don't trade him, unless it's for a top-10 bat, IMO.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

blackmon is the only one with an everyday job, though. the rest are platooned. dahl has everyday potential. and odds are they move someone soon anyways.

e: oh wait, desmond. hmmmm

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 18, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carlos Correa :rip:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

losing correa and possibly bogaerts in an hour :cool:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
JD Martinez is heading to AZ, welcome to Dong City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bregman is supposed to get some SS starts with Correa out so he should get SS eligibility eventually. He has 3 starts there already.

• Locked thread