Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

same guy: http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-now/2017/07/ive-been-democrat-for-a-week-and-i-wonder-what-took-me-so-long/#/

surprise, democrats are far more accepting of people to their right than people to their left :laugh:

quote:

The Bernie Crowd

The Democratic Party is very much the centrist party in America at the moment. Yet, among this centrism sits the Bernie crowd who are way far to the left of liberal. They know I am not a fan of Bernie. I openly state it in the article. Their response has been to engage in civil discussion with me about it. They show respect and no hostility masquerading as candor.

They listen to my points, then they present me their points of view. If we disagree, we disagree and we look for areas where we can agree. That is a far cry from what I am used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
we're far to the left because the center is far to the right.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like this argument would be more persuasive if there were actually a reasonable number of examples of either people being fired for saying/doing things that weren't actually terrible or the right turning this tactic against people in the method described. But in practice I'm not sure there's ever been one of these situations where 1. the person fired wasn't actually a total shitheel or 2. there was some repercussions for wrongfully terminating them.

edit: The assumption that the right would be less likely to use these tactics if the left didn't use them also seems highly questionable.

there was that time a guy made a joke about "dongle" sounding like a term for penis while sitting in the audience of tech thing and a woman overheard him and turned it into a big thing on twitter and got him fired for it. And then people got mad about that and got the woman fired.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/03/how-dongle-jokes-got-two-people-fired-and-led-to-ddos-attacks/

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/886260822628081665

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

there was that time a guy made a joke about "dongle" sounding like a term for penis while sitting in the audience of tech thing and a woman overheard him and turned it into a big thing on twitter and got him fired for it. And then people got mad about that and got the woman fired.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/03/how-dongle-jokes-got-two-people-fired-and-led-to-ddos-attacks/

mob rule is amazing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/886283140297367552

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
incels can be found everywhere in the world

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
We're the centrist party! But if you're even one iota to our left you're a dirty commie.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"America is a center-right country. This means we should do whatever it takes to protect the vulnerable and secure a better futurepander to suburbanites and secure electoral success."

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

"America is a center-right country. This means we should do whatever it takes to protect the vulnerable and secure a better futurepander to suburbanites and secure electoral success."

*loses*

"Well we didn't want that district anyway."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it's so cool that the NYT hired a full time writer to work the slander Bernie beat

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/886294324312453121

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I read that as "Bernie Sanders remains one of the most popular political figures in the U.S. His wife could ruin that. Please dear God I hope so!"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

UHD posted:

mob rule is amazing

it's actually trash and rule of law exists to prevent bullshit like that from happening.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie fucks

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
MYcommieWIFE

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Taintrunner posted:

Bernie fucks
Where do I sign up?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

it's actually trash and rule of law exists to prevent bullshit like that from happening.

no poo poo really

I had no fuckin idea

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Listening to Naomi Klein style on the BBC it's pretty good

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

UHD posted:

no poo poo really

I had no fuckin idea

liberals think we live in a Just World where only the bad guys are affected by vigilante "Justice."

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

liberals think we live in a Just World where only the bad guys are affected by vigilante "Justice."

for real I was being facetious with those posts they don't have to be dissected

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i hope we can all agree that two people joking about big dongles to themselves is a really stupid thing to get someone fired for

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

i hope we can all agree that two people joking about big dongles to themselves is a really stupid thing to get someone fired for

and yet.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like this argument would be more persuasive if there were actually a reasonable number of examples of either people being fired for saying/doing things that weren't actually terrible or the right turning this tactic against people in the method described. But in practice I'm not sure there's ever been one of these situations where 1. the person fired wasn't actually a total shitheel or 2. there was some repercussions for wrongfully terminating them.

edit: The assumption that the right would be less likely to use these tactics if the left didn't use them also seems highly questionable.

I don't have anything to back it up, but on a gut feeling level I'd say I/P conflict opinions will give you examples of it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

it's so cool that the NYT hired a full time writer to work the slander Bernie beat

The whole FBI fraud rumor was started by Trump's VT campaign manager.

Truly a honest source of information for your local bad dems.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

basically, companies are not beholden to racial justice or any kind of equity, and rather fire employees if it looks like they might hurt their pocketbook. doxxing and reporting racists to get them fired seems like a good idea until you realize the right is way better at cooking up outrage than the center, and will likely turn this tactic against us.

they've been turning that tactic against the left for the last *checks watch* 150 years or so, it's about loving time the left caught on to it and started using it themselves

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

and now that bad dems faced ridicule for backing that nutbag bernie challenger in VT they've decided to tout howard dean to challenge bernie: https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9317423

"time for a DEMOCRAT to hold that seat!"--out-of-state lanyards

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bad dems: "let's run a lobbyist against the most popular senator in the united states"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
unless you have a D after your name and sing the praises of the DNC all the live long day, you are hitler -democrats

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

bad dems: "let's run a lobbyist against the most popular senator in the united states"

After his failed big Dean become a lobbyists for corporate interests such as big pharma.

Truly a progressive voice you should listen especially if you are a bad dem lanyard like CC.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/886300688988467204

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

etalian posted:

yes and he admitted the whole thing is based on hearsay. the investigation has been a political stunt from the start.

but the NYT employs Yamiche to write articles about how much she hates Bernie so we get stuff like this

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
hey guys just whipped this thing up for a new dem slogan/sticker thingie i hope you like it please enjoy

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Who is the biggest Bernie smearer?

When does it reach blood libel

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Willa Rogers posted:

and now that bad dems faced ridicule for backing that nutbag bernie challenger in VT they've decided to tout howard dean to challenge bernie: https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9317423

"time for a DEMOCRAT to hold that seat!"--out-of-state lanyards

At this point maybe the democrats are running some kind of "The Producers" style scheme where they graft away massive amounts of money on election campaigns for unelectable centrists

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

but the NYT employs Yamiche to write articles about how much she hates Bernie so we get stuff like this

oh god she was the idiot who asked sanders if he was being sexist by not dropping out after the california primary wasn't she

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Those millions of dollars almost helped TURN A RED DISTRICT(s??) BLUE of course Hillary deserves the money to pay off Lady Gaga for showing up dressed like Hitler.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Digiwizzard posted:

At this point maybe the democrats are running some kind of "The Producers" style scheme where they graft away massive amounts of money on election campaigns for unelectable centrists

it doesn't help that the party continually rewards failure

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if the democraticunderground forums have this much weight why hasn't c-spam made Jeb! president! Of the turtles yet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Digiwizzard posted:

I think this was the real point of Hillary's GE, she spent over 1.4 billion dollars just to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
checkmate ya filthy liberals

Trump

• Locked thread