Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

hey let's look up that word

i'd say that wishing death upon someone for something they said in a video is pretty bigoted, yo

ahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loving :laffo: at "tolerate my intolerance."

There's a whole mess of people who would leave the world a better place if they just dropped dead right now. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and many of these idiots who propagate real true hatred towards minorities and otherized people are just a few examples. I can wish death on all of them and sleep happily at night.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
and it's pretty hosed up that people in d&d think that their fellow d&d posters are incapable of being bigots by sheer virtue of their political alignment

WampaLord posted:

loving :laffo: at "tolerate my intolerance."

There's a whole mess of people who would leave the world a better place if they just dropped dead right now. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and many of these idiots who propagate real true hatred towards minorities and otherized people are just a few examples. I can wish death on all of them and sleep happily at night.

doesn't make it a mentally healthy outlook on life

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
*Looks at Nazi*

*Looks at person punching Nazi*

*Sweats profusely*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

you're making some pretty serious accusations; source? like, point to specific spot in a 4-hour-long video where he says these words that you're claiming?

While I'm not sure about this specific case, a lot of the time people like that will say stuff that directly implies that without being explicit about it. Like, if someone says "black people commit more crime than whites" while simultaneously rejecting the circumstances imposed on them throughout American history as an explanation, there isn't really any other way to interpret that than "black people are 'naturally' predisposed to committing more crime." Like, they usually leave the conclusion unsaid, but their arguments are attempts to discredit any alternative explanations.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

While I'm not sure about this specific case, a lot of the time people like that will say stuff that directly implies that without being explicit about it. Like, if someone says "black people commit more crime than whites" while simultaneously rejecting the circumstances imposed on them throughout American history as an explanation, there isn't really any other way to interpret that than "black people are 'naturally' predisposed to committing more crime." Like, they usually leave the conclusion unsaid, but their arguments are attempts to discredit any alternative explanations.

so you got nothing, you're just ~totally sure~ he meant it at one point but you don't know any of what he said because you didn't watch his video

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

your use of memes in response to requests for evidence makes me totally confident that the evidence exists

Great, declare victory and gently caress off. Sully your time no more with the unruly mob

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guys have you ever considered that the real injustice in the world is the very concepts of seeing people in broad strokes for any reason, rather than the specific times when people do that to specific people for specific reasons over the course of centuries and use that to enact horrific policies which spread unimaginable death and torment also for centuries on end?

No, truly the worst people alive today are the people who think that people who align themselves with racists are fuckheads.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Guys have you ever considered that the real injustice in the world is the very concepts of seeing people in broad strokes for any reason, rather than the specific times when people do that to specific people for specific reasons over the course of centuries and use that to enact horrific policies which spread unimaginable death and torment also for centuries on end?

No, truly the worst people alive today are the people who think that people who align themselves with racists are fuckheads.

"my raging us-vs-them mentality is just fine because I'm only using it as an excuse to hate massive numbers of people i've never met"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm very upset to hear that some posters have been mocking Youtube Intellectuals in The Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread! [Part 2]

I bet they haven't even provided sources, thereby making them just as bad as the Youtube Intellectuals whom they mock. Sad.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 15, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I'm very upset to hear that some posters have been mocking Youtube Intellectuals in The Youtube Intellectual Mock Thread! [Part 2]

I bet they haven't even provided sources, thereby making them just as mad as the Youtube Intellectuals whom they mock. Sad.

go into the other subforums and learn what mockery is

hint: it doesn't involve wanting the object of your mockery to come to harm; that's creepy and hosed up

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i actually got foxfromthewest confused with nakedape, sorry, they're all blurring together. i guess ill have to go through fox's videos until i get to the one where be posts those Black vs White Homicide (Victim) Statistics that the white nationalists always end up citing because they're all the same

also, why do nazis always seem to believe that intolerance of intolerance is this weird "gotcha!" that undermines the entire progressive worldview, is it really that hard to understand the concept of "please treat everyone with basic respect and decency"? (yes it is)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fox very obviously thinks refugees commit lots of crimes since he lied about shaun's debunking of it to destiny. when one believes something like that a whole constellation of beliefs come with it, he likely has similar views as johnny tronny and sargon when it comes to black people.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pittsburgh sure is prejudiced to assume we're lying about these people he clearly doesn't know about or wouldn't need to ask for examples of their behavior

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Kjoery posted:

is it really that hard to understand the concept of "please treat everyone with basic respect and decency"? (yes it is)

it sure is for d&d people

hold still while i quote a bunch of hitlers to prove that being a raging rear end in a top hat to people i don't agree with is cool and good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

so you got nothing, you're just ~totally sure~ he meant it at one point but you don't know any of what he said because you didn't watch his video

I don't know anything about that fox guy; I was just explaining the way many of these people manage to directly imply ideas (which they know to be unacceptable if said explicitly) by rejecting the only reasonable alternative explanations. Like, if someone talks about black people (or whatever ethnic group) committing more crimes while simultaneously dismissing arguments that what difference does exist* is due to historical circumstance, it's really obvious that they're trying use this information to imply some sort of fundamental/innate difference between the ethnicity in question and (usually) white people.

There's also the question of "why is this person bringing up this topic?" Any time someone starts talking about how criminal/dumb/whatever an ethnic group is, there's usually an implied "and we should do something about this" attached. You have to ask yourself why someone is invested in the idea of negatively generalizing the ethnic group in question in the first place, particularly when their ideas go against any mainstream interpretations of the facts in question.

* since obviously you also have to take into account stuff like the fact black people are more frequently accused and convicted of crimes than their white counterparts

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

boy you are dumber than a nakedape debate.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

fox very obviously thinks refugees commit lots of crimes since he lied about shaun's debunking of it to destiny. when one believes something like that a whole constellation of beliefs come with it, he likely has similar views as johnny tronny and sargon when it comes to black people.

so he lied by saying another video calling something a lie was a lie, and that means i can connect a bunch of threads from him to all these other pictures and symbols on this here corkboard proving he's actually a clone of hitler, got it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hold still while i quote a bunch of hitlers to prove that being a raging rear end in a top hat to people i don't agree with is cool and good

Ah and now we're right back to

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

thanks for missing my entire point. intolerance of intolerance is not a gotcha, if people aren't going to treat others with respect, then they themselves do not deserve it, thanks

Groovelord Neato posted:

yes, he hates minorities, but does he hate blacks in the specific way that I stated? these are the important pedantics that the entire discussion of weird frog nazis hinges on

vvvv im sorry but your refusal to acknowledge muslim toaster fires is incredibly biased you are basically spreading sharia law

crime weed fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so he lied by saying another video calling something a lie was a lie, and that means i can connect a bunch of threads from him to all these other pictures and symbols on this here corkboard proving he's actually a clone of hitler, got it

shaun debunked a phony racist map of refugee "crimes". fox brought it up in his discussion with destiny and said shaun had turned 90 cases of arson into 5. what actually happened is 5 cases of arson were turned into 90 by the racists that made the map (most were kitchen fires with some trash fires). he had to have known he was misrepresenting shaun's video which means he thinks that original phony map is an accurate reflection of reality.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jeez stop strawmanning Pittsburgh no one is calling people hitlers you god drat Himmler

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know anything about that fox guy; I was just explaining the way many of these people manage to directly imply ideas (which they know to be unacceptable if said explicitly) by rejecting the only reasonable alternative explanations. Like, if someone talks about black people (or whatever ethnic group) committing more crimes while simultaneously dismissing arguments that what difference does exist* is due to historical circumstance, it's really obvious that they're trying use this information to imply some sort of fundamental/innate difference between the ethnicity in question and (usually) white people.

There's also the question of "why is this person bringing up this topic?" Any time someone starts talking about how criminal/dumb/whatever an ethnic group is, there's usually an implied "and we should do something about this" attached. You have to ask yourself why someone is invested in the idea of negatively generalizing the ethnic group in question in the first place, particularly when their ideas go against any mainstream interpretations of the facts in question.

* since obviously you also have to take into account stuff like the fact black people are more frequently accused and convicted of crimes than their white counterparts

many of THESE PEOPLE imply things that REALLY OBVIOUSLY and if they're bringing this topic up ANY TIME you have to ASK YOURSELF DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

all you're doing is making a massive quantity of assumptions about a person based on the faintest mention of someone they were associated with once

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what's difficult to understand about "when one believes something like that a whole constellation of beliefs come with it". you even quoted it.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I think answering my question is much more important and interesting than allowing yourselves to be collectively trolled by the emperor of bad faith JAQing off and sealioning

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Quoting white nationalist propaganda is a coincidence

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

shaun debunked a phony racist map of refugee "crimes". fox brought it up in his discussion with destiny and said shaun had turned 90 cases of arson into 5. what actually happened is 5 cases of arson were turned into 90 by the racists that made the map (most were kitchen fires with some trash fires). he had to have known he was misrepresenting shaun's video which means he thinks that original phony map is an accurate reflection of reality.

they were both accusing each other of lying about a map and the side you don't agree with was obviously in the wrong about it, gotcha

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

what's difficult to understand about "when one believes something like that a whole constellation of beliefs come with it". you even quoted it.

it's not at all hard to understand that you're acting like a conspiracy theorist

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

they were both accusing each other of lying about a map and the side you don't agree with was obviously in the wrong about it, gotcha

Maybe the side that cited evidence is right :ssh:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Maybe the side that cited evidence is right :ssh:

both sides did obviously, for there to be an argument about a map in the first place

idc what happens when two people get in a skypefight about who's right about a map, and neither should you

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

both sides did obviously, for there to be an argument about a map in the first place

idc what happens when two people get in a skypefight about who's right about a map, and neither should you

Holy poo poo. You're totally worthless. Either you know nothing about the map in question or you agree with it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It's already been established in this thread that Shaun wasn't in the Skype call you weak troll

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

Holy poo poo. You're totally worthless. Either you know nothing about the map in question or you agree with it.

obviously the former; apparently there's a map and some people say it's a lie and some other people say it isn't

and i'm supposed to take sides with one group based on that

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh no honey.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
unless we're arguing that the map wasn't presented by someone as evidence in the first place

anyways, back on track: idg why arguing about a map makes one side of the map argument nazis needing to die

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well see the nazis had a map except everything between Gibraltar and Siberia was labeled "Germany"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i more get the feeling that you don't have enough problems in life or are just really really angry so you're looking for nazis to hate and can't find any, so you just find people you don't agree with and perform a series of mental gymnastics in order to justify hating them

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

obviously the former; apparently there's a map and some people say it's a lie and some other people say it isn't

and i'm supposed to take sides with one group based on that

The map was created by a German anti-refugee group. It was crowd labeled and full of things like cooking fires caused by refugees being treated with the same severity as actual burning buildings down arson. Crimes committed by citizens of foreign birth or parentage were counted as refugee crimes. Crimes where the perpetrators were unknown were qualified as refugee crimes.

It was then treated as gospel by many youtubers, and still is despite being debunked.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doesn't really take much mental gymnastics to hate people who think that women and minorities are inferior, tbh. That's honestly pretty reflexive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

i more get the feeling that you don't have enough problems in life or are just really really angry so you're looking for nazis to hate and can't find any, so you just find people you don't agree with and perform a series of mental gymnastics in order to justify hating them

:what:

Maybe everyone in the Trump thread is discussing the administration and American politics because they don't have enough problems in life.

Hell maybe everyone in BSS is talking about comics because they don't have enough problems in life.

• Locked thread