Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I promised the gold I get from referrals to whoever used my link thingie. Seems I suckered 12 of you into playing. Out of that 12, 7 of you upgraded to Legendary at a later date. Boy I bet you feel stupid now. If I owe you gold I will pay up. Albion doesn't give the complete email addresses of who I referred so you have to tell me if you are my referral so I can verify. This offer is good for 2 weeks from launch then I'm donating the leftover gold to the guild swimming in my gold vault like Scrooge McDuck.

Eonwe is supposed to be guild leader. What the hell happened? Without him on the pedestal we are nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

jabro posted:

I promised the gold I get from referrals to whoever used my link thingie. Seems I suckered 12 of you into playing. Out of that 12, 7 of you upgraded to Legendary at a later date. Boy I bet you feel stupid now. If I owe you gold I will pay up. Albion doesn't give the complete email addresses of who I referred so you have to tell me if you are my referral so I can verify. This offer is good for 2 weeks from launch then I'm donating the leftover gold to the guild swimming in my gold vault like Scrooge McDuck.

Eonwe is supposed to be guild leader. What the hell happened? Without him on the pedestal we are nothing.

Not sure if you care or not but a GM specifically said you can not do this as it breaks their TOS and you will be banned or suspended if caught.

Source: I tried to do the same thing

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The problem with this game is the city builder aspect of it. City builders are like full loot games on crack. The majority of players don't like being the sheep, but absolutely love being the wolves. Typically once the wolves start being the sheep they don't like it and they move on. This is just gets worse with city builders. Once a guild invests a ton of time and resources into a town and they lose it, 95% of guilds just straight the gently caress up and leave. It happened in Shadowbane, it happened in Darkfall on release(to some of the very goons in this thread).

This game will be a blast for the first 1-2 months, but it will lose a gently caress ton of players once people start to lose cities.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can you siege cities?

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Has Kimsemus been freed yet?

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Zotix posted:

The problem with this game is the city builder aspect of it. City builders are like full loot games on crack. The majority of players don't like being the sheep, but absolutely love being the wolves. Typically once the wolves start being the sheep they don't like it and they move on. This is just gets worse with city builders. Once a guild invests a ton of time and resources into a town and they lose it, 95% of guilds just straight the gently caress up and leave. It happened in Shadowbane, it happened in Darkfall on release(to some of the very goons in this thread).

This game will be a blast for the first 1-2 months, but it will lose a gently caress ton of players once people start to lose cities.
These words are wise and ring true to mine ears.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi i played back in the first beta with yall and it was uh, fun, but then it wasn't

is the game fun now? i'm thinking about playing it again until everyone gets bored, again

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Zotix posted:

Ehh, we as a guild are prepared to lose our territory -- it is a fact of being in a territory control game that you can both take AND lose territories. Losing a territory is hard but can happen -- if it does, we have a backup plan that will allow us to still be a major player both politically and PVP wise(think 300 man roaming force that is for hire).

p.s.

The reason we lost our city in darkfall was 100% due to a broken game with a broken grind that was bypassed by 1 group (The Mercs) with the support of devs.... as a consolation prize, losing WWII to grind/cheating was pretty much the death knell of their game.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

boy are my arms tired posted:

hi i played back in the first beta with yall and it was uh, fun, but then it wasn't

is the game fun now? i'm thinking about playing it again until everyone gets bored, again

If ganking someone, looting them, and drinking their tears sounds fun to you there is no game that does this better atm(sorry UO, you are now dead).

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Just joined up and seems like there's a solid plan going forward. I just hope for a moderately smooth launch, they've had how many years now?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Has it really been 3 years?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Is anyone playing this on a tablet? I travel a lot for work and can't put it on my work PC so I was thinking of picking up a cheap tablet just for web browsing and Albion.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I can't see someone playing on a tablet being competitive in pvp, but for gathering/ crafting sure.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Requested Auth on discord as "Chomp"

May lord have mercy on me, I'm going in. Got a buddy who wants to play too. What is our policy on non-goons in the guild? This person is an old friend IRL.

e: wow that auth was lightning fast!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Same old thing, where if they gently caress us we gently caress you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

forge posted:

Same old thing, where if they gently caress us we gently caress you.

I am familiar with this arrangement. I know it as "EVE style". Cool.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So what does a house actually get you? How is it different from the instanced off island thing?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

So what does a house actually get you? How is it different from the instanced off island thing?

public display of e-peen where you can lure an online lover with your museum of rare items

also you can charge for crafting stations or some such

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

soy posted:

public display of e-peen where you can lure an online lover with your museum of rare items

My housing strategy since Day 1.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

If you are into the gathering scene, you can put minions called laborers in your house who will be happy if you put furniture in. They will give you books to fill while you are out gathering. Do this and hand them in and the minions will give you extra stuff!

Orty
May 14, 2007

How is this game for someone who would rather craft/gather than do the pvp side of things?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Orty posted:

How is this game for someone who would rather craft/gather than do the pvp side of things?

You basically will get rich instead of being a epeen PVPer... you will also be the lifeline of the guild because without the supply chain working properly, we cant zerg properly, and then we all get poo poo on... trickle down tears :(

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I'll probably give this a shot. Will probably end up gathering and crafting, although I doubt I'll be dropping $100 to try it first day. well that didn't last long.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 16, 2017

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Joined the discord as Aquatech, looking forward to playing an mmo while i poop.

Westren
Nov 19, 2015
Forgot i wasted money on this in the first beta, might as well give it another go.

Westren fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 17, 2017

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
This game looks interesting so I'll give it a try - bought the $100 option.

Requested Auth on discord as "Filthee"

Ghetto Wizard
Aug 11, 2007

Zotix posted:

I have a real issue seeing how city building in Albion Online is addictive or a key element of whenever people stay or leave. It's limited to being functional and everything can also be built in an instanced hugbox that nobody can touch.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Woah, dis starts tomorrow :discourse:

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Charles Bukowski posted:

So those of us that bought the various levels of founders packs back in the day start with premium or w/e on our day 1's? I thought someone here said they were moving away from a subscription/paid tier service?

Very much the opposite, they are embracing the subscription model. There is a minimum of a one time investment to purchase the game - which are now labeled starter packs.

Starter packs include some Premium time as part of their package and it offers significant advantages over someone who is not Premium.

https://albiononline.com/en/shop/premium

They are basically encouraging premium time very significantly without making it required. Also, similar to Eve, you can buy premium with in game currency so those that play enough and can play the market or craft, etc... Can fund their own premium in game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
:SIRENS:

GAME STARTS AT 8AM EST TOMORROW

BE IN MUMBLE 7AM EST TOMORROW TO GO OVER THE PLAN

:SIRENSOFF:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

forge posted:

:SIRENS:

GAME STARTS AT 8AM EST TOMORROW

BE IN MUMBLE 7AM EST TOMORROW TO GO OVER THE PLAN

:SIRENSOFF:

Just to be clear it's 9 am for DST observers

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Someone put up a drat timer already hnnnng

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I can't keep track of their dumb poo poo. It says 5am pst when you login to the game. Last I checked that makes it 8am est.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013
Forge said I should post. So I posted... obviously. :magical:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

forge posted:

I can't keep track of their dumb poo poo. It says 5am pst when you login to the game. Last I checked that makes it 8am est.

If you're in pacific time it's 6 am. Their homepage has a timer. PDT isn't PST. Launch should be 1300 utc, Eastern daylight is -4

Also their homepage has a timer.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

https://albiononline.com/en/news/official-release-times-starter-packs#comments

Reminder that PST is not pdt

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So trust the server files or website.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So they have been bad with time consistently through alpha and beta. We'll assume the website is correct, but don't put it past their server dude to have already coded it to unlock on the clearly incorrect time is all im saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
forge can't even give a clear answer as to when the doors are opening

i've lost all faith in his leadership and i'm officially submitting a motion for a vote of no confidence