Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

logikv9 posted:

if the democraticunderground forums have this much weight why hasn't c-spam made Jeb! president! Of the turtles yet

His brother could have been a good baseball commissioner
Newt Gingrich could have been an awesome zookeeper
Jeb Bush could have been the Ceasar of all turtles

How life works out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

NYT posted:

The senator had already taken some grief last year for purchasing a $575,000 vacation home on Lake Champlain, to complement his house in Burlington and his rowhouse on Capitol Hill.
:thumbsup:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Who is the biggest Bernie smearer?

When does it reach blood libel

i'm pretty that king james the second guy already dipped into blood libel, at the very least he accused bernie of being a christ killer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

when trump eventually kills us all i hope he aims at least one ICBM at the NYT building

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

in terms of actual journos it absolutely has to be capeheart

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Jon Capehart was the sleaziest one, unless I'm forgetting something even worse.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Does capeheart get posted here? Really only familiar with Joy.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

and now that bad dems faced ridicule for backing that nutbag bernie challenger in VT they've decided to tout howard dean to challenge bernie: https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=9317423

"time for a DEMOCRAT to hold that seat!"--out-of-state lanyards
dean went on a string of tv media appearances attacking sanders and single payer healthcare

dean is also a vermont superdelegate who voted for hillary even though vermont went > 85% for sanders in the popular vote

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I've only heard wonderful things about Bruce Rappaport.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sucks that mother jones is hillary land now

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm not sure if he still takes shots at Bernie now that the primary is long in the past. Joan Walsh and Joy Reid have been the killer Bad Dem tag team lately for sure.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

capeheart made his name in the primary, Reid is definitely the foremost media hill shill these days

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

those blog posts from '08 where reid calls hillary crazy were :discourse:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/885551741252624384

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also

https://twitter.com/RevJJackson/status/886242809254227970

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The hierarchy of idpol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

zeal posted:

capeheart made his name in the primary, Reid is definitely the foremost media hill shill these days

but boy what a name he made

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jon4Vermont/status/886309595903340544

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

is that him? whats in the foreground?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

dean went on a string of tv media appearances attacking sanders and single payer healthcare

dean is also a vermont superdelegate who voted for hillary even though vermont went > 85% for sanders in the popular vote

and in 2009-10 he was claiming that the ACA shouldn't be passed w/out an opt-in for medicare for those who wanted it.

but I will always have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for dean, bc after I donated 80 hours/week to his campaign in 2003-04 and fundraised for him, and then discovered that joe trippi was making mad coin from using 99 percent of the donations for his media firm, the scales fell from my eyes and I saw Bad Dems for who they were.

granted, it took the 2007-08 cycle (and fundraising for obama, then switching my vote to clinton after obama mealy-mouthed healthcare reform) before I totally broke the habit of voting bad-dem, but dean was the initial catalyst. :patriot:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this criticism is never leveraged at the dozens of politicians with more and more expensive houses, of course.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this is some serial killer poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

and in 2009-10 he was claiming that the ACA shouldn't be passed w/out an opt-in for medicare for those who wanted it.

but I will always have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for dean, bc after I donated 80 hours/week to his campaign in 2003-04 and fundraised for him, and then discovered that joe trippi was making mad coin from using 99 percent of the donations for his media firm, the scales fell from my eyes and I saw Bad Dems for who they were.

granted, it took the 2007-08 cycle (and fundraising for obama, then switching my vote to clinton after obama mealy-mouthed healthcare reform) before I totally broke the habit of voting bad-dem, but dean was the initial catalyst. :patriot:

dean seemed like a genuine dude but whatever soul he had was ripped from him and chewed into a pulpy mass, then swallowed by our terrible political system

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that book "game change" about the 2008 election said that reid & former-house-leader-turned-healthcare-lobbyist tom daschle specifically and strategically picked obama the "well-spoken negro" to run against clinton.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

that book "game change" about the 2008 election said that reid & former-house-leader-turned-healthcare-lobbyist tom daschle specifically and strategically picked obama the "well-spoken negro" to run against clinton.

I think all bad dem dem origin starts with deciding to become like a lobbyist for big money interests such as wall street banks or big pharma.

Remember how much Barney Frank hates Bernie but hopes people overlook how he became a shill for the finance sector interests?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

oh i was talking about joy reid

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

I think all bad dem dem origin starts with deciding to become like a lobbyist for big money interests such as wall street banks or big pharma.

Remember how much Barney Frank hates Bernie but hopes people overlook how he became a shill for the finance sector interests?

the funniest obama line from 2008 was how he was gonna stop the revolving door between those who served in his administration and their private gigs afterward.

hence marilyn tavenner running CMS during the obamacare rollout then swiftly exiting to become exec director of the insurance industry's lobbying group.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh i was talking about joy reid

lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bad dems in 2009-10: "the insurance industry HATES obamacare, pinky-swear!"

bad dems in 2015: "let's ignore that the woman in charge of the obamacare rollout for the obama administration became the insurance industry's chief lobbyist"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Problem Solvers Caucus was introduced to me today, and it sounds like they're going to be getting a lot more press coverage than the Progressive caucus.

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/13/536899595/democrats-prepare-for-a-hard-bargain-on-health-care-if-gop-bill-fails

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

dean seemed like a genuine dude but whatever soul he had was ripped from him and chewed into a pulpy mass, then swallowed by our terrible political system
it's called lip service

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Svitavsky is just the garden variety crank of the type that runs against Bernie every time. Bernie's only had a real Democratic challenger once, but there's always someone on the ballot as a Democrat against him. He's only getting attention this time because of the weird clique on twitter who are desperate to prove that Bernie is hated by Vermonters (he is not) and should just b ignored.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

Svitavsky is just the garden variety crank of the type that runs against Bernie every time. Bernie's only had a real Democratic challenger once, but there's always someone on the ballot as a Democrat against him. He's only getting attention this time because of the weird clique on twitter who are desperate to prove that Bernie is hated by Vermonters (he is not) and should just b ignored.

today i tweeted a joke about karl marx at friend of the thread marcus johnson and he quote tweeted me with something about vermont single payer. people are desperate to bring up bernie at every opportunity and it is reminiscent of how some people on the left are eager to bring hillary clinton into every conversation and it weirds me out

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

was this good (clinton is bad) or bad (obama is bad)?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I'm getting bored so I will find True Democrats and their twitter profiles

like : Nasty Woman Feminist, Animal Lover, Truth Seeker, GOP denier, Justice Warrior, Nature Dreamer, Fellow Human Being

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

was this good (clinton is bad) or bad (obama is bad)?

funny and should've been a warning sign

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Vermont's single payer plan would have raised payroll taxes by 11-15%. It needed to be funded by a payroll tax because that's the only way that the plans would be considered as non taxable income. That's the reason it didn't work.

It's also the reason I'm skeptical that state based single payer is feasible without Congress changing tax law, but still think California should give it a shot b cause they can probably do it and have little to lose by trying.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hillary 🌹is my hero ISHA meditator I am mother to🚶🏼💃🦅🌎🌈in yoga this 🙏🏽means we are one . please no LIST / berners/ trumpers . #FBR . 🌹🌹🌹🙏🏽

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

Vermont's single payer plan would have raised payroll taxes by 11-15%. It needed to be funded by a payroll tax because that's the only way that the plans would be considered as non taxable income. That's the reason it didn't work.

It's also the reason I'm skeptical that state based single payer is feasible without Congress changing tax law, but still think California should give it a shot b cause they can probably do it and have little to lose by trying.

im reasonably certain that with all the money the wealthy are hoarding we could implement single payer without raising taxes

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Hillary 🌹is my hero ISHA meditator I am mother to🚶🏼💃🦅🌎🌈in yoga this 🙏🏽means we are one . please no LIST / berners/ trumpers . #FBR . 🌹🌹🌹🙏🏽

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Serf posted:

im reasonably certain that with all the money the wealthy are hoarding we could implement single payer without raising taxes

I agree, but the hoard of wealth in Vermont was probably not sufficient.

• Locked thread