Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What could have been an awesome narrative and win for Preece or any other not Cup guy winning on a fun to watch track was instead Kyle Busch furthering his record for no benefit in attendance or viewers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Hot take time: Kyle Busch doesn't reach 200 National Touring series wins. The Cup guys will get thrown out of Trucks/Xfinity (or the series will fold) and the young guns will overtake him.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Cup drivers running Xfinity are the only reason it survives probably.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Hot take time: Kyle Busch doesn't reach 200 National Touring series wins. The Cup guys will get thrown out of Trucks/Xfinity (or the series will fold) and the young guns will overtake him.

:cthulhu: willing

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/142343-kyle-busch-announces-xfinity-retirement-plan

good loving god what a douche.

I have a belief in not hating race car drivers. But Lewis Hamilton, Kyle Busch are testing my patience.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope he never hits his goal. gently caress Kyle.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Viking are you a flat track motorcycle fan?

I imagine yes.

Norns posted:

I hope he never hits his goal. gently caress Kyle.

I'm confused about the point of this goal. Seems idiotic and a waste of everyone's time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It would be impressive if he hadn't been a cup driver for 14 loving years or whatever before he did it?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope he gets his 100th xfinationwide win the same weekend jimmie gets his 100th cup win just to rub in kyle's face how pathetic an 'accomplishment' that is

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Norns posted:

It would be impressive if he hadn't been a cup driver for 14 loving years or whatever before he did it?

Kyle is a pretty good cup driver.

He has 38 cup wins to his credit right now, yes? That in itselt is impressive. That's more than Dale Jarrett, Bobby Isaac, Fireball Roberts, Terry Labonte and Benny Parsons. Why he cares about racing in the XFinity Series and Truck Series is beyond me. Unless he's not getting paid or something.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuzzySkinner posted:

He has 38 cup wins to his credit right now, yes? That in itselt is impressive. That's more than Dale Jarrett, Bobby Isaac, Fireball Roberts, Terry Labonte and Benny Parsons. Why he cares about racing in the XFinity Series and Truck Series is beyond me. Unless he's not getting paid or something.

Why do pro gamers decide to play in lower skill tiers sometimes?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

he probably does it because they pay him and also he likes to drive in and win races that's just what i thikn

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I mean who doesn't like turning the ai in racing games all the way down and seeing how many times you can lap them every once and a while.

Winnings winning

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A racer tries to race in every race he can race in and we hate it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

A racer tries to race in every race he can race in and we hate it

it gets to be kind of ridiculous when non-full time drivers in a series account for like 75% of the wins in that series

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

exploded mummy posted:

it gets to be kind of ridiculous when non-full time drivers in a series account for like 75% of the wins in that series

If NASCAR wanted the series to truly act like the Minor Leagues similar to a stick and ball sport then they ban the cup drivers and we would never see them on TV. When we get a rally driver from the circuit at the small Rallycross events I race in, I'm thrilled not pissed.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Viking are you a flat track motorcycle fan?

I imagine yes.

fun fact when I was at an AMA race at OCFS years ago they had to stop competition until some of the ambulances got back to the track

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yeah I have a second iRacing account I use to stomp on rookies myself.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

If NASCAR wanted the series to truly act like the Minor Leagues similar to a stick and ball sport then they ban the cup drivers and we would never see them on TV.

Pretty sure more people watch College sports more than NASCAR at this point.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Its almost like we had healthy and functioning lower-tier series until some people looked at Mark Martin winning 4 Busch races a year and said "What if we did that all the time?"

But really its just "Terrible choice by NASCAR to appease sponsors" #547

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'll never buy a NOS energy drink

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Its almost like we had healthy and functioning lower-tier series until some people looked at Mark Martin winning 4 Busch races a year and said "What if we did that all the time?"

But really its just "Terrible choice by NASCAR to appease sponsors" #547

kick out the cup guys and televise half the races ~~*just like the old days*~~

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Perhaps they could try steaming the other series and quit trying to ride the bloated corpse of terrestrial television and slowly bleeding out the sport

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

no at this point you dont do anything because its dead man walking

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

no at this point you dont do anything because its dead man walking

My hope is the XFinity Series dies off.

VikingSkull posted:

fun fact when I was at an AMA race at OCFS years ago they had to stop competition until some of the ambulances got back to the track

They were airing it on "The X Games" of all things.

VikingSkull posted:

I mean you have a decent support series or two to run in it's place. The Modifieds, K & N East, etc.

But I mean it's not like New England/The Northeast has a history of supporting short track stuff.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ditch xfinity pump that money into Truck and Cup

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Norns posted:

Ditch xfinity pump that money into Truck and Cup

This.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh good the track is coming apart

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
new england is famous for its potholes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

somehow this is brian barnhart's fault

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Norns posted:

Perhaps they could try steaming the other series and quit trying to ride the bloated corpse of terrestrial television and slowly bleeding out the sport

You just know they'll make it a PPV service because NA$CAR and that'll end that (those series).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would gladly pay like 20 bucks a month for a WWE Network style NASCAR thing

Hell, have NBC make a streaming motorsports network. I'd pay 30.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

NASCAR network would rule. I'd probably watch an unhealthy amount of classic though.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

+1

Also would accept an Indycar, F1, IMSA, WEC, and VA SC app. to boot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

literally just do an online network with all the racing. NBC airs most of them just do it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
you know they wont show races and will just air endless amounts of Jeff Hammond, DW and Larry McReynolds not ever shutting up

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

no that's the fox sports strategy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

you know they wont show races and will just air endless amounts of Jeff Hammond, DW and Larry McReynolds not ever shutting up

"Don't forget me! A-hyuck!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rutledge Wood is Fine and there are 400 worse things to complain about in nascar

• Locked thread