Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This pleases me
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/886304329061212160

They waived Demetrius Jackson to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was really excited for the big 3 tourney and now I don't care that much. 3 on 3 basketball is legit kinda really boring

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins really loves Rondo for some reason. Is the plan to start both Holliday and Rondo? Because that seems like a waste of Cousins and Anthony

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Pelicans are used to playing guards that hog the ball but can't shoot

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Cousins really loves Rondo for some reason. Is the plan to start both Holliday and Rondo? Because that seems like a waste of Cousins and Anthony

He despises point guards that shoot. Point guards that pass get put on his no kill list

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't stop laughing that durant likes getting farted on and sniffing farts hahahahaah

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I know if the difference between my team being a fringe high-lottery/quick first round exit team and a potentially scary deep-run team was good floor spacing, I would totally target Rajon Rondo in the off season. Especially after sinking tons of money into Jrue Holliday.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ramadu posted:

I can't stop laughing that durant likes getting farted on and sniffing farts hahahahaah

Hello brother

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just doing an informal survey of the number of Pelicans Alphas

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can anyone confirm that Durant likes farts?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ramadu posted:

Is that weird? Asking for a friend (named Kevin)

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Confirmed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao if you never dutch oven yourself

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

ofc but i dont like tasting someone elses baking

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's important to have a diverse palette

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was wondering if we could get a goon sourced NBA Trade Value series going. would be interesting to determine the top 50 guys in the league

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Carlosologist posted:

I was wondering if we could get a goon sourced NBA Trade Value series going. would be interesting to determine the top 50 guys in the league
Be the change you want to see in the world. Make the thread and form and they will come.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

1. Ball 2. KCP 3. Ingram 4.Spin to win Julius Randle 5. Brook Lopez
is a fun lineup

Major weakness is that Julius Randle is going to have to handle the ball al ot for Ball to get the most out of his game. He really needs lots of secondary ball handlers

A guy like D'Angelo Russell would fit in real nice, they should try to grab him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Blind Pineapple posted:

I know if the difference between my team being a fringe high-lottery/quick first round exit team and a potentially scary deep-run team was good floor spacing, I would totally target Rajon Rondo in the off season. Especially after sinking tons of money into Jrue Holliday.

Name a good free agent they could sign for 4 M or less to fit that. Because that's all they have before becoming hard-capped. Their cap is in a lovely situation because Demps does not know how to handle big money.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kibner posted:

Name a good free agent they could sign for 4 M or less to fit that. Because that's all they have before becoming hard-capped. Their cap is in a lovely situation because Demps does not know how to handle big money.

From what I remember there aren't many FA's left in general.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is a list 4 days ago so it's probably a little outdated

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Some pretty good dudes still available. The pivot market is so flooded, sucks for those guys.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

This is a list 4 days ago so it's probably a little outdated

So, yeah, poo poo and piss available for 4 M.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Intruder posted:

I bet you ate your boogers too

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

A guy like D'Angelo Russell would fit in real nice, they should try to grab him.

Don't break Rick's heart

To play devil's advocate, both Dangelo and Ball had a horrible time finishing pnrs themselves in college and Russells pro stats seemed to back that up. It's not as if they were a perfect pair. KCP is probably about the same caliber (not type of course) player as Russel. Ball really needs to be put in a position to succeed and I woldn't be surprised if there was a lot of Deng and other shenanigans to prevent teams playing him like he's a Rondeaux

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

WhyteRyce posted:

Jrue plays better offball. We used to do it with him and Evans and were a better team last year when we did it with him and Frazier.

Rondo is better than Frazier and can actually get the ball to Davis and Cousins so this seems like a modest upgrade on the cheap.

Team's probably still looking to trade for a wing but that's probably most of our guard situation worked out unless Brooklyn or Phoenix buckle on what they want for Lin and Bledsoe, respectively.

Kibner posted:

If we really had our eyes on someone (I dunno, Ian Clark?) then we could've stretched Asik to open up the rest of the exception. As it stands I expect something like that to still happen in a trade or to retain Cunningham.

I think the Rondo pickup was mostly so we could stop hand wringing over finding a guard (I think we have a 5 guard rotation set even if it doesn't shock and awe the world). Now we need a wing since I'm pretty sure Pondexter is never playing again.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The pelicans going 1. Rondo 2. Jrue 3. Pondexter 4. Davis 5. Cousins

With Davis and Cousins alternatively spotting upand going from screen to elbow touch, could look like good fun. Could be a big mess

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/884830905910657024

:thunk:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Glad LeBron and his posse hustle off-court.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

The pelicans going 1. Rondo 2. Jrue 3. Pondexter 4. Davis 5. Cousins

With Davis and Cousins alternatively spotting upand going from screen to elbow touch, could look like good fun. Could be a big mess

Pondexter is dead. Hill is still playing the 3.

Needs to get his 3p% up a bit but it's kind of important for us to have two good wing defenders on the floor and Hill gives that.

If Pondexter is healthy then he'll backup Hill or get traded. If he's healthy and somehow, unbelievably, back to his level of play before he got hurt then he'd start and that'd be great since he was a good defender shooting like 43% from 3.

The real question is how much of a fluke Jordan Crawford was. Because if he continues putting up 14 points in 25 minutes on like 58% TS and 39% from 3 then that solves like half of our "weak bench" problems.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 16, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rondo isn't that good though. If he's your backup PG and he buys in then sure it's not a bad pickup

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The real question is how much of a fluke Jordan Crawford was. Because if he continues putting up 14 points in 25 minutes on like 58% TS and 39% from 3 then that solves like half of our "weak bench" problems.

Before last year his career 3pt% was 30% over 250+ games so I would not count on him solving your bench woes but I suppose stranger things have happened. Good luck to you and him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

We should have a contest to see how many pages the thread can go without KD poo poo posting.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Libertine posted:

We should have a contest to see how many pages the thread can go without KD poo poo posting.

KD should see how long he can go without being a fake rear end fart huffer

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

leftist heap posted:

KD should see how long he can go without being a fake rear end fart huffer

.... do they smell different, coming from fake asses?

Actually, what is the right verb here?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/dwighthoward/status/886221980885712896

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dwight got bullied so now he's a bully

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the beautiful game!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Doltos posted:

I was really excited for the big 3 tourney and now I don't care that much. 3 on 3 basketball is legit kinda really boring
Free agent Jared Sullinger put up 18/11 today in The Basketball Tournament today. Would you like to know more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Before last year his career 3pt% was 30% over 250+ games so I would not count on him solving your bench woes but I suppose stranger things have happened. Good luck to you and him.

Yeah, definitely unlikely. But he did have a 2 year gap after those bad years so maybe he just got better. He would presumably be hitting his prime right now, who knows, maybe that was the last hill he needed to climb. If he's even half the player he was last year that's still a hell of a bench scorer for 1mil.

WhyteRyce posted:

Rondo isn't that good though. If he's your backup PG and he buys in then sure it's not a bad pickup

He doesn't have to be that good. We have 3 good players. He's better than Tim Frazier and can actually get the ball to AD and Boogie, a sorely needed talent on this team.

• Locked thread