Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This was being discussed some days ago, the visuals of Thanos' posse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Retro Futurist posted:

What a loving time to be alive

so begins the spoiler dance of "to read or not to read"

edit: I read it and :gizz:

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I gotta say they all look great, even Black Dwarf looks a lot better than he did in the comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and Black Dwarf. They look great. Ebony Maw in particular looks spot on.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No supergiant? loving booo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No supergiant? loving booo
I hated her in that Facebook game so I'm glad she's not in it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Need someone to slug it out with Hulk I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's funny, I don't care about spoilers for Infinity War and will read any articles about it. Yet, I won't even watch a trailer for The Last Jedi, and it was the same for Force Awakens.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

hiddenriverninja posted:

:stare: Holy fffffffuuuuuuck.....

(Why isn't there a girl version of the :gizz:? )

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't know how I feel about the presence of Spider-Man. His movie explicitly states that Spidey's gonna be fighting for the little guy while the Avengers and the like fight the sidereal threats

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I don't know how I feel about the presence of Spider-Man. His movie explicitly states that Spidey's gonna be fighting for the little guy while the Avengers and the like fight the sidereal threats

That was more of a not going Avengers exclusive thing. When the world is threatened by basically a god of course he's going to help. You call everyone in for that*

*Not so fast, SHIELD, Defenders and Inhumans.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know people are going to complain about these movies being overstuffed with characters, but really I'm all for it, hell make it six hours I have nothing else to do on Saturday mornings

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm... still worried about this movie

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've seen other reports that say Black Panther and Bucky are leading an army in Wakanda and are fighting a four armed creature. Might be Outrider and if so it seems like they're taking a lot of cues from Hickman's Infinity. Wouldn't surprise me if the Soul Gem is in Wakanda.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Was it ever confirmed that the Defenders aren't going to be in Infinity War? It'd be pretty dope to see at least Charlie Cox with everyone else.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

teagone posted:

Was it ever confirmed that the Defenders aren't going to be in Infinity War? It'd be pretty dope to see at least Charlie Cox with everyone else.

They have never said anything for sure one way or the other.

They only hints pointing in any particular direction are:

- The Russos have said that they want to include The Defenders
- Charlie Cox has had two meetings with the movie division

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

X-O posted:

Here's a description for the teaser for Infinity War shown at D23:

I desperately want this to be a three hour "Return of the King" epic.

Edit: I still wish they had stuck to the two part film releasing in back to back years. Even better if the first film ended with the heroes initially losing and thanos erasing half of all living beings

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 15, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mr Hootington posted:

RoTK's theatrical was like three hours and 20 minutes and the extend-o-version broke four hours

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Dwarf's name has been changed to Cull Obsidian, which was another name for the Black Order in the comics.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/status/886340931313582080

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: I still wish they had stuck to the two part film releasing in back to back years. Even better if the first film ended with the heroes initially losing and thanos erasing half of all living beings

It's still a two part film, it's just not named as such. Because films named Part 1 and Part 2 don't do so well. But they are coming out in 2018 and 2019 and will be direct sequels to each other. They're filming them both back to back as well.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 15, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They have never said anything for sure one way or the other.

They only hints pointing in any particular direction are:

- The Russos have said that they want to include The Defenders
- Charlie Cox has had two meetings with the movie division

Hopes are high :pray:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Avengers soundly beat Thanos during Infinity War and then he sues them for damages. Matt is introduced just like in that Defenders trailer but in space.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Retro Futurist posted:

What a loving time to be alive

This is so true. I remember in my comic book collecting heyday (early to mid 80's) and even before that the only thing we had were 2 good Superman movies, 2 poo poo ones, The Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman TV shows and a bunch of horrible bullshit in between. We had terrible TV versions of Spiderman, Captain America and Dr. Strange. Now we're actually brushing up against over saturation

No wonder everyone was so hyped for Batman 89.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

X-O posted:

Black Dwarf's name has been changed to Cull Obsidian, which was another name for the Black Order in the comics.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/status/886340931313582080

lol at the LEDs in the back of the hand gem flickering as they move it around

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
They can keep pumping out comic books movies as long as they stay entertaining.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Black Order are being called Children of Thanos. So them meeting Nebula and Gamora should be fun.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BiggerBoat posted:

This is so true. I remember in my comic book collecting heyday (early to mid 80's) and even before that the only thing we had were 2 good Superman movies, 2 poo poo ones, The Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman TV shows and a bunch of horrible bullshit in between. We had terrible TV versions of Spiderman, Captain America and Dr. Strange. Now we're actually brushing up against over saturation

No wonder everyone was so hyped for Batman 89.

I thought people around that time were thinking that 89 was going to be stupid camp like 66. Or am I thinking of comic shop nerds of the time?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The hype for Batman '89, both before and after the film, was like nothing we've ever seen for a comic book movie since. It was literally everywhere and everyone was crazy about it. You could not escape it at all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CzarChasm posted:

I thought people around that time were thinking that 89 was going to be stupid camp like 66. Or am I thinking of comic shop nerds of the time?

Keaton was mainly known as a comedy actor so I know that was a factor

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Batman '66 is what Burton and Schumacher were both working from more so than the comics.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

X-O posted:

The hype for Batman '89, both before and after the film, was like nothing we've ever seen for a comic book movie since. It was literally everywhere and everyone was crazy about it. You could not escape it at all.

Oh, I remember the merchandise for Batman 89. People were so excited, everyone trying to cash from it and leading to stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojmCgJlcM_I

:allears: my childhood~

(in my defense they would play this song in EVERY drat quinceañera,wedding or party)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I sorta need The Defenders in Infinity War. I know they're already at a lot of characters, but I don't care. Give me Daredevil trying to put over Melvin and get him a job with Stark.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, no.

Melvin defeats Thanos. With a hammer to the back of the head.

The hammer is Mjolnir.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cull Obsidian is a cooler space man name than Black Dwarf

*Autocorrect...

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little Mac posted:

Cull Obsidian is a cooler space man name than Black Death

It was Black Dwarf.

Marvel obviously just didn't think their fans could handle a regular sized person named Supergiant and a Hulk sized guy named Dwarf.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whenever Cull Obsidian isn't on screen people should be asking where he is.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

I sorta need The Defenders in Infinity War. I know they're already at a lot of characters, but I don't care. Give me Daredevil trying to put over Melvin and get him a job with Stark.

I feel like if we were gonna have any of the TV characters in the movie, they would have been hyping that poo poo hard.

Only reason I can think of them not doing that is if the shows directly address it and it would be a spoiler to announce their appearances early.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

X-O posted:

looking back, the looney tunes promo that airs on the batman 89 VHS is hilariously odd but makes sense given the time.

https://youtu.be/8JJz-yLaArs

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gonna be honest

An organization called the Black Order serving as primary villains in a universe that's pushing a guy called Black Panther as one of its headlining heroes feels a bit, uh.

I dunno what it feels like but this is honestly a change for the better.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm sad that panel footage so rarely leaks anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody better get that loving trailer up on Youtube.

• Locked thread