Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Space T Rex posted:

What I'm getting at is, how reliable is ANYTHING?

Is this the kind of poo poo that all presidents do and only the ones who are bad at it get in trouble?

I'm not particularly blaming you since you're at least trying, but this sort of thing is literally, literally what the right wing wants people to think and they've spent decades upon decades trying to hammer that in.

I get vaguely infuriated when I read your post because it's apparently working pretty well. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I like how the two guys aren't really sure what to do with this angry yelling woman taking their picture but the lady has a perfect "oh just try me" look. This is art.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I gotta say, I've loved the CBO since before anyone but total political wonks ever realized it exists, and I'm both bemused and horrified to see it treated like this.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm not particularly blaming you since you're at least trying, but this sort of thing is literally, literally what the right wing wants people to think and they've spent decades upon decades trying to hammer that in.

I get vaguely infuriated when I read your post because it's apparently working pretty well. :v:

To be fair, it's only though sheer force of will that anyone has hope for the future in the face of all the poo poo that is happening. It's the first step on the road to disappointment, yes, but the alternative is basically throwing your humanity out the window

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I gotta say, I've loved the CBO since before anyone but total political wonks ever realized it exists, and I'm both bemused and horrified to see it treated like this.

The dismissal of and naked contempt for any and all expert opinion that's contrary to what they want to hear is authoritarian as hell. It's loving sickening.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Didn't the Republicans stack its board with "their guys" so it's doubly hilarious that they are crying fake on it?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The best part is that it's pretty much 100% republicans, isn't it? Like, they're doing everything they can to make the score as good as it can possibly be, and it's still as bad as it's been.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I've gotten to the point where I'm considering anyone uttering the words "fake news" to be worthy of the guillotine

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

On this day last year:

Trump's mil. advisor/almost VP Gen Flynn demanded Ayatollah Khomeini denounce #Nice attack on @FoxNews

Khomeini has been dead since 1989.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

empty whippet box posted:

The best part is that it's pretty much 100% republicans, isn't it? Like, they're doing everything they can to make the score as good as it can possibly be, and it's still as bad as it's been.

The CBO head was chosen by Paul Ryan, but the rest of the CBO employees are not political appointees and are hired under federal merit rules.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

The CBO logo is real 70s. I approve.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/886376407420608513

quote:

Trump told Theresa May he won't visit U.K. unless she will "fix it for me" so that he gets positive media coverage

Good luck with that.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Bernie Sanders' wife is about to be indicted by the FBI for $6.5 million in bank fraud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/15/us/politics/bernie-sanders-jane-sanders-investigation-burlington-college.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

If the Sun is down on him that is never happening.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That's amazing. Theresa May barely beat Corbyn with the full backing of the media, and now that she's viewed as a pathetic failure Trump thinks she's going to be able to gild that turd.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I understand that this admin is incredibly petty, but hitting back at someone who hasn't been in the running since the primaries is pretty weird.

It would be like if someone decided to attack Rubio because he ran for president

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Rigel posted:

Sandoval is extremely popular in Nevada and pretty much Trump-proof. He's so popular that Heller feels his best shot at winning re-election is to do whatever Sandoval wants, even if it means opposing Trump.

Since he's isolated from outside political pressure, I think Sandoval is free to care about people losing insurance coverage and health care.

Most of the opposition to Trump in the Republican Party seems to come from the West, such as it is. It probably has a lot to do with how Trump's numbers fell across the West, even in states that are generally considered to be conservative.

The people there, even conservatives, are mostly deaf to Trump's appeal, because Trump's appeal isn't political...it is ethnic, and the ethnic group he appeals to are Eastern Americans.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lightning Lord posted:

Eisenhower's administration skews that

Eisenhower was a Republican by modern standards the way that Sanders is a Democrat.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I understand that this admin is incredibly petty, but hitting back at someone who hasn't been in the running since the primaries is pretty weird.

It would be like if someone decided to attack Rubio because he ran for president

1. Maybe she actually did it. Assuming FBI investigations are politically motivated when they target people we like and heroic defenses of the republic when they target people we don't like seems like a problem.

2. He's still behaving as if he intends to run again, though he may just like the attention and want to preserve his power base to act as a kingmaker.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Lightning Lord posted:

Sun downing is something he should be use to at this point.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
e: ^^^^^^^ :ocelot:

Lightning Lord posted:

I wish people wouldn't link to the Sun. It's basically InfoWars but with a longer reputation of being awful on a larger scale

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sinteres posted:

1. Maybe she actually did it. Assuming FBI investigations are politically motivated when they target people we like and heroic defenses of the republic when they target people we don't like seems like a problem.

2. He's still behaving as if he intends to run again, though he may just like the attention and want to preserve his power base to act as a kingmaker.

That kind of what I mean, I will admit that I was never a fan of Sanders but throwing down against his wife for political gain seems more conspiracy theory than normal.

But then again, what the hell is even real anymore.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I like how the two guys aren't really sure what to do with this angry yelling woman taking their picture but the lady has a perfect "oh just try me" look. This is art.

Who's to say the woman isn't an air martial, aren't they supposed to be undercover?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Mccain to delay healthcare bill

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/886378208807047168

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/886379473628667904

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Bernie is too old to realistically run in 2020 anyways so whatever

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Didn't the Republicans stack its board with "their guys" so it's doubly hilarious that they are crying fake on it?

empty whippet box posted:

Ehh, yes and no. The Director was appointed by the Budget Committees in 2015, which were GOP-dominated, but even in its current state the CBO is something resembling nonpartisan. More importantly, it's fairly transparent in how it arrives at its conclusions.

Traditionally representatives have had some success in pressuring them to provide revised estimates with different assumptions (prefaced with "we don't agree with these assumptions, but"), but I don't think that's viable for reconciliation bills and/or Team Evil may not be competent enough or have a good enough relationship with the CBO to do as much of that anymore. :v:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

For the first and possibly last time I've ever said this: Thanks, McCain.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

On this day last year:

Trump's mil. advisor/almost VP Gen Flynn demanded Ayatollah Khomeini denounce #Nice attack on @FoxNews

Khomeini has been dead since 1989.

A misspelling is only the third dumbest thing in that statement. :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jesus gently caress, he really is that dumb. He just made it a million times worse.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Like every living human sans Ann's editor, this lady did not get where she is by giving a gently caress about Ann Coulter's opinion. I particularly like how many comments boil down to "huh, so this is what it takes for me to side with an airline."
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/886318654652116992
It's not just his need for the praise of idiots that drives Trump to hold campaign events - he also needs a ton of lawyerin' money.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Guess all those concerned eye brow raising really got to him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Throwing Turtles posted:

Who's to say the woman isn't an air martial, aren't they supposed to be undercover?

I was actually mostly serious when I said the same thing for exactly that reason. The only way you'll identify someone as an air marshal is if A) they gently caress up their job or B) they need to do the important part of it.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Remember that ex fox news employee who did an ama on reddit a couple years ago? He said coulter is a gimmick and she's actually pretty nice irl.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Jesus gently caress, he really is that dumb. He just made it a million times worse.

If only we could have used this method to keep him in France.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

Remember that ex fox news employee who did an ama on reddit a couple years ago? He said coulter is a gimmick and she's actually pretty nice irl.

nobody who pretends to be an evil bastard for cash is actually a nice person irl unless you're doing it on a theatrical stage or in a wrestling ring

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

namaste faggots posted:

Coulter's been pretty widely exposed as a fraud for well over a decade, with friends and probably even lovers who are liberals, but she's still a loving terrible person for duping her fanbase into believing the poo poo she's selling. People like her laid the groundwork for where we are.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

boner confessor posted:

nobody who pretends to be an evil bastard for cash is actually a nice person irl unless you're doing it on a theatrical stage or in a wrestling ring

Are you implying that Fox is neither of those?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Lightning Lord posted:

Eisenhower's administration skews that

Well yeah, that's where the 10% of good Republican poo poo comes from.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
If people are dumb enough to buy her poo poo I applaud her shtick. If you hate what she has to say, then why in every living gently caress are you watching/ clicking/ reading her loving vile poo poo?

I honestly have no idea what she's been up to since the early bush years because I ignore her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

glowing-fish posted:

Most of the opposition to Trump in the Republican Party seems to come from the West, such as it is. It probably has a lot to do with how Trump's numbers fell across the West, even in states that are generally considered to be conservative.

The people there, even conservatives, are mostly deaf to Trump's appeal, because Trump's appeal isn't political...it is ethnic, and the ethnic group he appeals to are Eastern Americans.

The way you keep this bizarre schtick up like this honestly makes me sad.

• Locked thread