Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

Might be good, but I'm not interested, unfortunately. Anything that is not a drama with a strong social message?

Really, not trying to poo poo on this particular film, just not a big fan of films like that.

Lion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^ Just watched Lion 2 nights ago and it was good, if a bit predictable.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not reading any of that poo poo

CinemaDiscusso.txt

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

a bone to pick posted:

No joke, one of the plot points of the new spider-man movie is spider-man is trying to get to the spelling bee but gets trapped in a loading dock for trucks.

It was a science quiz.

Like I know you're going for "too cool to pay attention to movies I pay for" but it's more like "too dumb to follow a marvel movie" if you can't tell the difference between spelling a word and answering a science question.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The RLM thread got really real for a bit there

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It was a geography bee, duh.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean debate tournament

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm just saying there's kind of a difference between saying a science thing and saying DOUBLE-U OH ARE DEE ESS, it's really hard to mix up a quiz with a spelling bee

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It was a science quiz.

Like I know you're going for "too cool to pay attention to movies I pay for" but it's more like "too dumb to follow a marvel movie" if you can't tell the difference between spelling a word and answering a science question.

Also "a loading dock for trucks" is actually "an extremely secure secret government facility" but that sounds cooler/interesting and a bone to pick just wants to poo poo all over the movie.

:downs: "Did you know that Han and Leia spend half the movie in a worm belly?" - a bone to pick summarizing Empire Strikes Back

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The funny thing is you're jumping all over that guy for not remembering some dumb plot detail and you don't even have it right yourself. It was academic decathlon, which is like a quiz bowl thing not a science quiz.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wish I could be trapped in the stomach of a spaceworm to get away from all of these lovely movies.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I missed the last 7 pages. What's up, gang?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I made a bunch of posts on a dare

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I missed the last 7 pages. What's up, gang?

You didn't miss much.

Well, okay, Jay did come in to the thread to show us his dick for some reason but it wasn't that great tbh.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the paradox of rlm making fun of nerd culture while being part of nerd culture will destroy this thread.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hell Yeah posted:

the paradox of rlm making fun of nerd culture while being part of nerd culture will destroy this thread.

RLM is counter-nerd culture, the modern-era punks of consumerism. DAD.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Posters itt are more like a culture of bacteria.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

KakerMix posted:

This guy gets it.

Did the check clear?

Me, personally, I loved this post.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

KakerMix posted:

We're all Dads now.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Spider Man was okay. Tom Holland and Keaton were great but the rest of the cast dragged a lot and it annoyed me we spent so much time with them. Flash was so annoying and not in an entertaining way.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the idiot that just compared empire strikes back to Spider-Man homecoming

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I agree that Hollywood should stop making bad movies, only good from now on

ok?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I'm about to get high and watch Enter the Void. This is a good idea, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

HoAssHo posted:

Winners don't use drungs.

naem
May 29, 2011

priznat posted:

The RLM thread got really real for a bit there

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hey do those canadians gently caress or was that just a drwam

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Reality Winner posted:

Hey do those canadians gently caress or was that just a drwam

Sorry, it was totally a drwam. Canadians are naturally asexual.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm just saying there's kind of a difference between saying a science thing and saying DOUBLE-U OH ARE DEE ESS, it's really hard to mix up a quiz with a spelling bee

did a spelling bee kill your parents or something

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Up until panel 4 or so I thought it was global consumerism's connection to climate change

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Even better it's a comic!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

reignofevil posted:

I wish I could be trapped in the stomach of a spaceworm to get away from all of these lovely movies.

We talkin' about Dune? I could talk about Dune

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HoAssHo posted:

I'm sad that they took away the IMDB forums because it means I can no longer read that thread on the forum for that movie titled something like, I guess this is spoilers but whatever

"Is this a good movie for my epileptic niece who lost her parents in a car crash?" which got replied to with "not funny" and the OP responded with like "That's good, she doesn't really like comedies much."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey intentionally misinterpreting people's statements for "comedy" is MY gimmick :colbert:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Spider-Man homecoming is the best Star Wars movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm sad that they took away the IMDB forums because it means I can no longer read that thread on the forum for that movie titled something like, I guess this is spoilers but whatever

"Is this a good movie for my epileptic niece who lost her parents in a car crash?" which got replied to with "not funny" and the OP responded with like "That's good, she doesn't really like comedies much."

lmaoooooo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd say watching ETV while high might be good because it's fairly drat boring sober.
Great visuals but there's MASSIVE repetition, you basically get the exact same plot points of a large chunk of the film repeated twice. It's been a while since I saw it (caught it in the cinema whenever it came out) but I remember being disappointed.
The leads are also really bad actors. Paz De La Huerta sucks so bad and I'm glad she's disappeared.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WTF!!!!!!!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Taking all bets on whether or not Jay Mike and Ranch will like Valerian.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Taking all bets on whether or not Jay Mike and Ranch will like Valerian.

How are the vistas?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

PostNouveau posted:

How are the vistas?

Judging by the trailer? Numerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the complaint of why do they make this utterly bloated bad poo poo is you could've made the transformers movies good or at least coherent and still brought it in tons of money. they probably would've even made more. it's just the crazy laziness that's irksome - compare the first pirates movies to the latter ones...they just become utter messes.

even when they do film a good scene, they cut it despite it being one of the best pieces of characterization in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3I0FF2i_MA

"People aren't cargo, mate."

• Locked thread