Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This was the Dragon Ballsiest episode and I really appreciated the callbacks in Krillin's fight with the scent thing and using an energy blast to ring back in. That said, RIP Krillin :( There was fierce competition for the title of Bald Yamcha with Roshi and Tien around, but now Krillin is confirmed for that spot. At least he and 18 got some cool moments in.

I loved all the other little touches like Frieza straight up saying "gently caress the Zen-Os, I'm gonna rule them someday", Supreme Kai's creepy face moment, Vados sassing Champa and Winnie the Pooh Voltron. This arc rules and I can't wait to see Kale next episode :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

extra row of teeth posted:

There was fierce competition for the title of Bald Yamcha with Roshi and Tien around, but now Krillin is confirmed for that spot.

Let's not say things we can't take back. At least Krillin is respected and has a family that loves him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rhjamiz posted:

Don't let Shin intimidate you, Krillin; that man is an incompetent pushover. Just put him in a headlock and noogie him into submission.

Krillin actually did a better job defending his universe in a couple minutes than the loving Creator God of it has since his first appearance.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The only thing I don't like is they hyped up the solar flare but the only guy he used it on before getting knocked out is blind

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There was fierce competition for the title of Bald Yamcha with Roshi and Tien around, but now Krillin is confirmed for that spot. At least he and 18 got some cool moments in.

Bald Yamcha is and always will be Tien.

Tien has accomplished gently caress-all. Krillin at least made something of his life.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm disappointed that the Solar Flare x100 didn't work but I'm happy Krillin basically got an episode to himself

Goku will probably want to adopt Caulifla after the tournament and train her

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'll be excited to see ring outs that don't involve Universe 7 people tbh.

Also it looks like Hit and Jiren might go a few rounds before Kale loses her poo poo and Jiren gets onto her; he might be the second phase job here.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
U7 contribution so far:

- Goku: 2 knocks, 3 assists, 1 self knock
- Vegeta: 3 knocks, 3 assists
- Krillin: 1 knock, 2 assists
- 18: 1 knock, 1 assist
- Roshi: 1 assist
- Frieza: 1 traumatize till they off themselves

- Gohan: 0
- Piccolo: 0
- 17: 0
- Tien: 0

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Funky Valentine posted:

Tien has accomplished gently caress-all. Krillin at least made something of his life.

I still think Krillin is Yamcha-ier just because his primary roles are to be 1) the lowest tier of Z-Fighter jobber and 2) the male damsel in distress who only gets significant airtime to lose/die dramatically and set Goku off (this arc being the exception, of course). Tien is also in the lowest tier of jobber, but he just doesn't give off that helpless vibe Yamcha and Krillin do when they're outmatched. Speaking of jobbers, Z-fighter B team's turtle-up strategy has been boring so far and I hope that Piccolo gets to break away and do something cool besides be Gohan's meatshield.

Regarding the next episode I wouldn't be surprised if one of the U6 Saiyans gets a U7 Saiyan ringout next episode...Kale destroys Vegeta maybe? With the way Vegeta has been basically jacking himself off by calling himself "sama" he's practically begging to have a humiliating defeat. As he does.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I still think Krillin is Yamcha-ier just because his primary roles are to be 1) the lowest tier of Z-Fighter jobber and 2) the male damsel in distress who only gets significant airtime to lose/die dramatically and set Goku off (this arc being the exception, of course). Tien is also in the lowest tier of jobber, but he just doesn't give off that helpless vibe Yamcha and Krillin do when they're outmatched. Speaking of jobbers, Z-fighter B team's turtle-up strategy has been boring so far and I hope that Piccolo gets to break away and do something cool besides be Gohan's meatshield.

Regarding the next episode I wouldn't be surprised if one of the U6 Saiyans gets a U7 Saiyan ringout next episode...Kale destroys Vegeta maybe? With the way Vegeta has been basically jacking himself off by calling himself "sama" he's practically begging to have a humiliating defeat. As he does.

Vegeta isn't going to get ringed out before he gets a big focus. He's too popular for it.

(Plus "Vegeta is basically jacking himself off" is 70% of vegeta's screentime.)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

and I hope that Piccolo gets to break away and do something cool besides be Gohan's meatshield.

Piccolo loosed his weighing clothing this episode. While that means he is gonna get to do something soon, it also means he is getting closer to getting knocked out.

Come on opening spoiler, i have all my money on you

His humiliating defeat will be at the hands of Ribrianne because it's in the opening and also the best way to piss off reddit/the youtube comment section.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

So Krillin being out first implies the ball order theory is still valid. What's the order again?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'll be excited to see ring outs that don't involve Universe 7 people tbh.

You'll really like next episode then

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If Krillin doesn't have a nose shouldn't his other senses become sharper to compensate?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

His humiliating defeat will be at the hands of Ribrianne because it's in the opening and also the best way to piss off reddit/the youtube comment section.

Man I seriously wanna see more of Ribrianne, I hope she's like the dark horse no one sees coming and can compete with Blue Vegeta. Though really I'm probably setting myself up for a disappointment and Roshi will take her down with a lame joke about how he doesn't like fat chicks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
She's conspicuously absent while Vegeta gets into all these random fights, so I imagine they'll meet near the end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Since Freeza and Frost are teamed up what are the odds Freeza told him to go after Krillin specifically?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So Krillin being out first implies the ball order theory is still valid. What's the order again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevqjoLBp9Y
Found a better quality video. In the previous version I thought 17 was 4 star and 18 was 5 star, but in this one it's a lot more clear that Krillin is 1, Piccolo is 2, 17 is 5, and Frieza is 7.

This leaves us with 3, 4 and 6 for 18, Roshi and Tien which are a wild guess.

Roshi is pretty hard to make out the stars, so his is probably 3.

Tien's seems to have a lot of stars, so his is probably 6. In the Buu opening it's much more apparent that his ball has a lot of stars and it doesn't seem like they switched them around since Buu had the 7 star. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36zook2Rt8

18 getting 4 makes sense since 17 has 5. They will probably have a tag fight, 18 gets knocked out, 17 avengers her, and then gets knocked out too.

So tl;dr Krilin, Piccolo, Roshi, 18, 17, Tien, Frieza

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Funky Valentine posted:

Tien won the World Martial Arts Championship

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevqjoLBp9Y
Found a better quality video. In the previous version I thought 17 was 4 star and 18 was 5 star, but in this one it's a lot more clear that Krillin is 1, Piccolo is 2, 17 is 5, and Frieza is 7.

This leaves us with 3, 4 and 6 for 18, Roshi and Tien which are a wild guess.

Roshi is pretty hard to make out the stars, so his is probably 3.

Tien's seems to have a lot of stars, so his is probably 6. In the Buu opening it's much more apparent that his ball has a lot of stars and it doesn't seem like they switched them around since Buu had the 7 star. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36zook2Rt8

18 getting 4 makes sense since 17 has 5. They will probably have a tag fight, 18 gets knocked out, 17 avengers her, and then gets knocked out too.

So tl;dr Krilin, Piccolo, Roshi, 18, 17, Tien, Frieza

I zoomed in. 18 has the 6 star. Tien has the 4 star.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think gohan is gonna outlast vegeta, maybe even be the last man standing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gohan has one hell of a wild card for himself.

As far as every other universe knows, he's only about as strong as one of the Furries from Universe 9. So, trash tier.

They don't know that he's already Gohaned himself back up to Gohan levels. He's also been sticking to his base form, and staying by a bunch of really weak fighters. So long as he plays it smart, he could catch some one extremely off guard, considering the only person in Universe 7 stronger than him is his dad at the moment. Maybe Freeza.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

As far as every other universe knows, he's only about as strong as one of the Furries from Universe 9. So, trash tier.

They don't know that he's already Gohaned himself back up to Gohan levels. He's also been sticking to his base form, and staying by a bunch of really weak fighters. So long as he plays it smart, he could catch some one extremely off guard, considering the only person in Universe 7 stronger than him is his dad at the moment. Maybe Freeza.

Goku and Freeza are about even. Most of the top fighters for U7 are pretty close in power.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think gohan is gonna outlast vegeta, maybe even be the last man standing

Most likely, especially with the new ending with him fighting next to Goku.

I really really wish for a Goku & Gohan vs Jiren and Toppo. Does anyone have a spare monkey paw?

And for Vegeta it would be really cool and heartbreaking if Cabba is the last one standing from U6 and Vegeta is the one that has to knock him down.

Then while he is lamenting being responsible for the end of the Saiyan race, someone comes and knocks him off (extra points if Frieza)

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I'm glad that Vegeta's now stuck fighting the goof crew of U6.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Burkion posted:

What? Why wouldn't Vegeta be stronger with blue?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I hope Frieza loses his poo poo when he sees berserk Kale like

"For fucks sake, all the universes are plagued with this stupid monkeys"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I'm glad that Vegeta's now stuck fighting the goof crew of U6.

I actually quite liked the Bota Magetta teamup. They aren't super interesting on their own but it was pretty funny to see some teamwork.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Momomo posted:

I actually quite liked the Bota Magetta teamup. They aren't super interesting on their own but it was pretty funny to see some teamwork.

I like that it gives the impression that the U6 team has been spending time together after the inter-universe tourney and baseball game and are more of a team now than just some random dudes that Champa scraped together last-second

like we've seen the saiyans hanging out and what Hit and Frost were up to, but Botamo and Magetta being pals is really good

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I want to see the Boar Man's deal, those two guys in the shadows too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lezard_valeth posted:

U7 contribution so far:

- Goku: 2 knocks, 3 assists, 1 self knock
- Vegeta: 3 knocks, 3 assists
- Krillin: 1 knock, 2 assists
- 18: 1 knock, 1 assist
- Roshi: 1 assist
- Frieza: 1 traumatize till they off themselves

- Gohan: 0
- Piccolo: 0
- 17: 0
- Tien: 0

Krillin's boss save of 18 deserves to be on this list too

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I hope universe 4 gets knocked out next because mouse gods snicker is legitimately annoying, seems strange that even god pad doesn't know about the two unknown dudes there though.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Two possibilities there.

One: That's unfinished animation, and those characters haven't been finalized yet, and when it's put on blu-ray they'll edit in their faces and stuff.

Two: Turns out you CAN enter the tournament with less than ten people, and for whatever reason they've decided that's a better idea than filling those slots with randoms.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A universe 4 Fighter named Damon has not shown up yet. He appears to be in the opening however.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
From the previews it seems Caulifla got too inspired by Kale and is going straight into the super saiyan "way too buff to fight properly" dead end/trap.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really see anything in the preview that suggests that. Looks more like she just gets excited to see Goku's forms, like that one spoiler said.

Looks like it's time for Hit to finally job. It's sad that everyone and their mother knows it's gonna happen.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There was a preview pic on the website of her looking like she was in Ultra Super Saiyan for whatever reason, maybe like on the way to 2?

And yeah the guys from U4 hiding was commented on, Tien noticed them. Weird that only that universe got guys capable of that though.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 16, 2017

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I love that 17 not only doesn't care that his entire universe is at risk of erasure, but that he also acknowledges that he and his sister are killing machines of limitless energy and stamina. It's like on some level he knows he's in a ridiculous punchman show.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Has it been confirmed anywhere if this

is Ganos or a girl from the same race as Ganos? Some websites have them listed as different characters. Since Ganos is a spy, the girl will probably turn out to be hiding in his shadow/some spy ninjutsu crap

Then there's Damon, who looks like a bug and Toei's website said he is a suicide bomber. Maybe his shadow from the opening is not up to scale and in reality he is just a tiny little bug that can explode with the power of a nuke. That would be cool.

I want to see more bullshit power. Where is the typical shonen intangible guy that can only be hit at the precise moment he phases into normal space to attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

There was a preview pic on the website of her looking like she was in Ultra Super Saiyan for whatever reason, maybe like on the way to 2?

And yeah the guys from U4 hiding was commented on, Tien noticed them. Weird that only that universe got guys capable of that though.
All I have is this one blurry image I saw going around so I'm not sure how real it is:

• Locked thread