Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Commentator
Hellpockets
James "Old Man" Chen
Ultra "I See You Colluding" David
Infiltration
UltraChen
Yipes
Chris Hu
Zhi (Late Night mode)
Zhi (Corporate Sponsored mode)
Aris
Ryan Hunter
Seth "My LoL Money" Killian
Spooky
When's Catherine?
View Results

• Locked thread
raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
KoF and GG where hype so I'm content with EVO for now. Tomorrow Tekken is gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

marvels the only thing worth watching now lol

there's melty going on you horrendous human being

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C. Everett Koop posted:

I switch to Marvel during the downtime and whattya know it's racistass ChrisG :geno:

Man EVO sucks this year.
Chrisg is racist? I thought he was just a big salty babyman, not an actual shitbag

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
goddamnit greats

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
holy poo poo rakuchan's pad has all the switches

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Invictus posted:

Chrisg is racist? I thought he was just a big salty babyman, not an actual shitbag

he made some weird comments about not wanting to date black women despite them constantly hitting on him or something

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Captain Invictus posted:

He said some pretty bad poo poo about black women not too long ago

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
listening to Yipes making noises to combos is the best part of EVO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Is there a bracket for mvc 3 up

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

slev posted:

Viewership climbs as melee approaches.

The state of Evo

Game with one of the highest entrants has high viewership, shocking

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol rakuchan triple perfected a motherfucker on melty

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
did they break the console with the marvel hype lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THEY KILLED THE loving MARVEL CONSOLE LOL

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

slev posted:

Viewership climbs as melee approaches.

The state of Evo

EVO is a Melee tournament that refuses to acknowledge it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
mental note: don't play whatever the gently caress that last ad was for

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

does a stage 4 cancer patient identifies themselves as cancer?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C. Everett Koop posted:

how disgusting.

it's like that dude who had the tumor that was bigger than he was.

edit: sup dias

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Is there a bracket for mvc 3 up
https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/events/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/brackets/140142 hasn't been updated but so far Chris G, Joey D, and Prodigy have made winners top 8. RyanLV is one match away.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

C. Everett Koop posted:

good

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

melee is a really good game but i cannot understand watching it at all, like, i cannot spectate that game i can't.

that's like the fortieth time i've posted this i'm sure

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

does a stage 4 cancer patient identifies themselves as cancer?

At some point you just have to come out of the closet and admit Melee's supremacy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

At some point you just have to come out of the closet and admit Melee's supremacy.

I mean, we still can't cure cancer.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

I mean, we still can't cure cancer.

Considering that SFV is the GOP's health care plan you should invest fully in the life-saving powers of Melee.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's a good game that's trapped on ancient hardware, the players smell like the god of BO, and the game is incredibly boring to watch

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
melee is cool and id be way more fine with it being a part of the fgc if the people involved with it at all would even meet the fgc halfway. anime dudes had to deal with far more poo poo but we made it work.

then again, anime games are superior to capcom games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
you could be watching melty but you're either watching a game with terrible cast balance, a horrendous and entitled top player community and that only made EVO because they paid for their spot or Melee. :colbert:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smash bros would be better if it was like a doubles thing. 1v1 no items final destination is almost as boring as nrs games

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

smash bros would be better if it was like a doubles thing. 1v1 no items final destination is almost as boring as nrs games

more fun to watch, but trust me, far less fun to play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why is Melty cool? I opened the Twitch chat to see if they were talking about the game (the PPT chat was actually fine) and they were spamming poo poo about raping maids

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I dislike melee because my local scene is non existent except for melee. It sucks... That and its boring to watch

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

Doubles is twice as unwatchable and twice as long with even less character diversity (somehow). It's really not very interesting.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I refuse to watch melty blood unless it is being streamed in the parking lot

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Dias posted:

you could be watching melty but you're either watching a game with terrible cast balance, a horrendous and entitled top player community and that only made EVO because they paid for their spot or Melee. :colbert:

I am watching the People's Hero RyanLV try and make Chun-li the winner of EVO's last Marvel

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

even tho most agmes are decided by like, the first two stocks and it makes way more sense for time purposes to do two stocks, melee players HAVE to run 4 stock

imo its a p good game at high level but no game after melee is actually competitive so why bother.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is Melty cool? I opened the Twitch chat to see if they were talking about the game (the PPT chat was actually fine) and they were spamming poo poo about raping maids

the melty audience are incels who have no social skills, which is why they don't go outside

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
RyanLV: You WILL shake this hand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They put melee specifically in a time slot where it's blocking nothing and people still find a way to complain about it instead of doing...anything else.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is folded pizza a sandwich?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

They put melee specifically in a time slot where it's blocking nothing and people still find a way to complain about it instead of doing...anything else.

there's a shitposter talking about melee here even though i chose to watch a good game instead i thought we were sending them to internment camps or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Tae posted:

warming up for smash wii tomorrow

• Locked thread