Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Seems a bit simplistic and derivative, but you ought to be free to express your opinion so long as it is in a civil and thoughtful manner.

my opinion: i should be free to tell you to suck my drat balls

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
god drat i have the worst snipes and i love it

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Streak posted:

heres an idea: trump is a pissbaby idiot and so are his supporters

Define "supporters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_y4z0dmaQ&

Like, I'm not thrilled with idiots wearing MAGA hats. But the people here in this YT clip? I feel loving horrible for. Hell, I live an hour away from this country.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Streak posted:

heres an idea: trump is a pissbaby idiot and so are his supporters

Who are your sources? OMMMMGGG FAAAAKKE NEWSSS. It's all connected the deep state funds the dark pact who controls the flow of alpha level information.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Who are your sources? OMMMMGGG FAAAAKKE NEWSSS. It's all connected the deep state funds the dark pact who controls the flow of alpha level information.

What's your thought on a guaranteed income?

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Theres no such thing as civil discourse when it comes to politics, youre either the worst or the other worst so suck it down, the worsts.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

Define "supporters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU_y4z0dmaQ&

Like, I'm not thrilled with idiots wearing MAGA hats. But the people here in this YT clip? I feel loving horrible for. Hell, I live an hour away from this country.

they, are idiots.

wahhhh hillary hurt our feelings now im gonna vote for the republican loving party and expect them to change things :lol:

idiot.

Streak fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 16, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Streak posted:

they, are idiots.

So you're a centrist democrat I assume?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

So you're a centrist democrat I assume?

no. hillary is poo poo, yes, but to make the leap from that to "well this trump guy is probably gonna listen to all my problems and really make a difference for the working man" requires you to be kind of an idiot.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Streak posted:

they, are idiots.

wahhhh hillary hurt our feelings now im gonna vote for the republican loving party and expect them to change things :lol:

idiot.

The Democrats are a garbage party. Had they ran a candidate that even "pretended" to care about those voters? Perhaps we're not discussing this.

This isn't rocket science. But I mean by all means, keep insulting vast swathes of the population "stupid". Not like you need them to win an election of anything.

People like you disgust me more than any Trump supporter ever could.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you're too dumb to vote democrat

Biden would have won

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Streak posted:

no. hillary is poo poo, yes, but to make the leap from that to "well this trump guy is probably gonna listen to all my problems and really make a difference for the working man" requires you to be kind of an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8bf6dbYt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4l1L-gaTTk

They fully know this. But they did it in a manner to put the dems on notice. That's the loving point. The Dems have so badly abandoned the working class in those states that they were left with no options.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Democrats are a garbage party. Had they ran a candidate that even "pretended" to care about those voters? Perhaps we're not discussing this.

This isn't rocket science. But I mean by all means, keep insulting vast swathes of the population "stupid". Not like you need them to win an election of anything.

People like you disgust me more than any Trump supporter ever could.

the democrat party is only pretending to care about us! might as well vote for.... donald fump.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
let all get FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKEEEDDD

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Its almost as if our two party system, where both parties are corrupt and have terrible policies, is stifling any real change that could put power in the hands of the people instead of corporate interests. It's also if any attempt to change that gets snuffed out by the same people gaining the most from being at the head of both lovely stupid parties. Wellp thats my hot take thanks for listening pals namaste

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Streak posted:

the democrat party is only pretending to care about us! might as well vote for.... donald fump.

Tell me what other option did those people have.

"VOTE HILLARY" was not going to work.

A 3rd party vote would have been the only other option.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tell me what other option did those people have.

"VOTE HILLARY" was not going to work.

A 3rd party vote would have been the only other option.

you're allowed to not vote

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Whoops wrote my actual beliefs we wouldn't want that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cephalectomy posted:

Its almost as if our two party system, where both parties are corrupt and have terrible policies, is stifling any real change that could put power in the hands of the people instead of corporate interests. It's also if any attempt to change that gets snuffed out by the same people gaining the most from being at the head of both lovely stupid parties. Wellp thats my hot take thanks for listening pals namaste

You don't say....

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if u don't vote you're a sad idiot lmao vote Biden 2020

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
"let's give the power to the richest oldest whitest greediest dudes that have ever been this close to the presidency just to stick it to that bitch! i'll probably be fine either way, let's be honest" - white men

:qq: i feel so sorry for them :(

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/r-3HEyR-c3M

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
It wasnt just white men, chummer, it was a whole lot of everyone. Hillary is just that unlikeable. It doesn't make it right, but that is the power of her charm. It drove people to madness

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Piss de Bundy posted:

if u don't vote you're a sad idiot lmao vote Biden 2020

I'm lazy leave me alone!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if you Pokémon go to the polls we wouldn't be in this mess bitch

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Piss de Bundy posted:

if you Pokémon go to the polls we wouldn't be in this mess bitch

It was cringy but still amusing.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cephalectomy posted:

It wasnt just white men, chummer, it was a whole lot of everyone. Hillary is just that unlikeable. It doesn't make it right, but that is the power of her charm. It drove people to madness

Louder please.

You need charisma to sell neoliberalism to the left wing base in this country. Biden has it. Obama had it. Bill had it. Hillary does not have it. Tim Kaine does not have it

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you looked at the two options you had and went "well... i guess ill vote for trump, i dunno" then you're loving dumb just stay home smoke weed and don't vote wtf is wrong with you

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

Louder please.

You need charisma to sell neoliberalism to the left wing base in this country. Biden has it. Obama had it. Bill had it. Hillary does not have it. Tim Kaine does not have it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cephalectomy posted:

It's a sort of anti-charisma and it's quite remarkable.

The gender-swapped presidential debates were great at showing this.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Streak posted:

if you looked at the two options you had and went "well... i guess ill vote for trump, i dunno" then you're loving dumb just stay home smoke weed and don't vote wtf is wrong with you

I'm pretty sure a whole lot of people did exactly that, but all the divisive hateful rhetoric both sides were slinging was just enough to get us where we are today.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD-O0y5NbQw

He lost to Mike loving Pence in a debate. Mike. Pence. A man that I saw have loving billboards and planes fly over with banners at the Indy 500 saying "PENCE MUST GO" , "etc....in 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Streak posted:

It's actually that they've stopped even pretending to care about us. So might as well vote for the wild-card candidate who might do anything

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I made this same analogy way back before the election:

You are given a choice between a urine specimen jar or a beer bottle, both full of yellow liquid. You must choose one to drink. Which do you choose?

Trump is the beer bottle

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's actually that they've stopped even pretending to care about us. So might as well vote for the wild-card candidate who might do anything

Yeah, I heard this line of reasoning from a lot of people. They didn't like Trump, but were willing to take a risk on someone who at least pretended people were more than tools to get into the white house and might do any number of batshit crazy things if elected.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I made this same analogy way back before the election:

You are given a choice between a urine specimen jar or a beer bottle, both full of yellow liquid. You must choose one to drink. Which do you choose?

Trump is the beer bottle

guess what: you don't actually have to drink either of them? and it's not like you're drinking the beer bottle just to spite the urine jar. bad analogy! sad!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This thread needs its T risen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cephalectomy posted:

Yeah, I heard this line of reasoning from a lot of people. They didn't like Trump, but were willing to take a risk on someone who at least pretended people were more than tools to get into the white house and might do any number of batshit crazy things if elected.

He seemed to piss off the elites in both parties. He was rude, crude, and mercilessly insulted his way through the carefully groomed bluebloods during the primaries. Of course you would vote for him if you hated the Washington ruling class.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

This thread needs its T risen

it's thug chat back ? Our T is low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Streak posted:

guess what: you don't actually have to drink either of them? and it's not like you're drinking the beer bottle just to spite the urine jar. bad analogy! sad!

You are forced to drink one. That is the setup. You can't just not have a President it doesn't work that way

• Locked thread