Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Hakarne posted:

Is there any viable build that doesn't require the 6 piece bonus of a set for necromancer? I'm having a loving blast with my "House of a thousand corpses" build that uses the ricochet rune of corpse Lance, the 2 piece bonus of pestilence and trag, the gloves that make your golem drop corpses, and the skeleton mage rune that leaves corpses. It can easily push to T13 but I'm not sure how far it can go without the 3000%+ 6 piece bonuses.

But it's seriously loving fun. Spam mages all the time and you're seriously throwing out more corpse lances than land of the dead since EVERYTHING you do drops a corpse and fires lances - you'll have corpse lances ricocheting all over the screen.

Basically, is there a way to set up a comparable damage bonus to the 6 piece set with just legendaries? I'm not sure how the math works on additive/multiplicative bonuses provided. It may work due to the sheer volume of corpse lances...

You can try an LoN build and slap on any and all supporting legendaries that you'd like and run any skills, but you can't use the other set bonuses. It won't be as strong as the necro sets since you're limited to 1300% damage bonus and there's no crazy LoN like SB or Bombard that can surpass sets, but it can be fun through around T10.

There is no mixing and matching of sets though as all of the sets have the same pieces. If you try having multiple necro set bonuses, you'd be limited to like T1-4 or so since you can't get a 6pc damage boost.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DrSeRRoD posted:

You can try an LoN build and slap on any and all supporting legendaries that you'd like and run any skills, but you can't use the other set bonuses. It won't be as strong as the necro sets since you're limited to 1300% damage bonus and there's no crazy LoN like SB or Bombard that can surpass sets, but it can be fun. There is no mixing and matching of sets though as you get no bonus damage, so you'd be limited to like T1-4 or so.

Surely a LoN build for necro would do better than this. Otherwise :sad:

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I don't have a link handy, but a buddy of mine threw together a LoN corpse explosion build that was able to at least clear Grift 70, so LoN on necro is just fine.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

drat thanks. Is there a pestilence build that's decent by any chance?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Hakarne posted:

drat thanks. Is there a pestilence build that's decent by any chance?

Not that I've seen. The fact that the lance gets no bonus set damage is a real killer. The set also needs constant momentum and bone spear itself is a bit funky to use. The devs have responded that the set will be buffed, but who knows if that will hit before the season starts.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Surely a LoN build for necro would do better than this. Otherwise :sad:

Woops, I was referring to the last sentence regarding using bonuses of different sets. LoN can do T10-13, but it won't be as fast as a set build. I'll edit to make it more clear.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 14, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Are there any viable non-set ancient legendary builds for Necro? I poked around a bit looking at the legendaries which benefit him - but it seems like the sets do everything better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bows1 posted:

IF Im a super noob and most of the OP doesn't make sense to me, is there a place to read explaining all this stuff?

I just bought D3 and the expansion 5 days ago, beat the Campaign and have a lvl 70 (20 Paragon) Crusader Im ready to start doing other stuff with. Where do I begin!

Icy veins explains a lot

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Are there any viable non-set ancient legendary builds for Necro? I poked around a bit looking at the legendaries which benefit him - but it seems like the sets do everything better.

Blizzard decided a while ago that the game would be based around sets. LoN only really works for a couple classes.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
LoN is what everyone should do once a season gets boring. Pick a skill you never get to use, farm the items, and see how far it goes. Pushing a Blessed Shield build to 76 was some of the most fun I've had in this game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah Lon is my goal this season

And gr 70

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

LoN is pretty nice for my strafe DH that I use for ultra speedfarming.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

I've got Rathma, Irinaus, and Trag 5 pieces + RRoG for necro, plus the DR belt and most of the weapons, but not that two piece weapon+offhand, nor the ring. What's a good farming build to start with? This is what I'm currently running: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ranma-1816/hero/91723027

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Inarius doesn't need much to roll through stuff pretty easily and quickly. Get yourself a Reilena's Shadowhook (2h scythe) and cube a Corroded Fang (1h scythe) and you can just walk through things and watch them die. Goldwrap/Boon/Avarice with Bone Armor will keep you immortal through T13. RoRG is not worth it for the necro, too many needed things and no set bonus mixing.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

DrSeRRoD posted:

Beware the Leech curse with enemies that can deal friendly damage or that are charmed.

http://i.imgur.com/tgUFCX1.gifv

Game needs more unfavorable interactions like this, if for no other reason than they open up possibilities for fun exploits/trolling.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I miss Unity griefing. :(

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah I couldn't imagine trying to survive in Trag's without Blood Rush. You get 100% armor, two escapes on cooldown, a health restore, and fresh corpses to eat. The corpses end up actually being a big deal for feeding health globes + essence against tougher rift bosses. Anyway, so you don't have to use your imagination I made a video of me running a basic GR75 in mostly unaugmented, unoptimized gear. That's what everybody likes, watching other people play Diablo right? You can see that once the blood machine gets rolling you're very tanky even without the Decrep belt, although for upper GR you might wanna switch to Kalan/Sunstone or work in Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-wSlSwGdB4

Yup. I'm down to hunting for an Insatiable Belt because I have one in the cube but not to wear and Tasker/Theo still. I'll probably just drop to T10 and start blowing up normal rifts for shards/Deaths Breath so I can make myself hate Kadala even more than I do and then make feeble attempts to upgrade rares

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
So are you all still going to play season 11?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

There are plenty of goons to play with in the first few weeks of each season.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I feel like doing some speedfarming this weekend.

What is the best/fastest/laziest class/build combo for such a thing right now?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I will probably get the pet, but the conquests are a shitshow again so I'll pass on the stash tab.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The upcoming conqs are all rehashes and pretty easy, except the set dungeons one, gently caress that one

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

I will probably get the pet, but the conquests are a shitshow again so I'll pass on the stash tab.

Really? They seem very easy, with 8 Set Dungeon being the only annoying one that can't be done with just your starting set. Avarice, T10 in 2min, T10 bosses in 20 min, and GR75 are all pretty easy.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DrSeRRoD posted:

Really? They seem very easy, with 8 Set Dungeon being the only annoying one that can't be done with just your starting set. Avarice, T10 in 2min, T10 bosses in 20 min, and GR75 are all pretty easy.

Yep, this season has easy stuff.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Coming back to D3 for the Necro patch after a several year hiatus, and I found a ring I want to use, it's got +Dam, +Int, +Atk%, and +CritChance%. I haven't really committed to a build yet but I've got a lot of pieces of the Trag set. I'm not sure which of these stats would be the wisest to reroll to a socket or the most flexibility, can't remember which stats have the biggest impacts on final damage output.

It's the new necro ring that starts with a K if that matters.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the game is being nice to me after giving me primal fart pants

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Why are you playing on a console like a savage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Console version best version.

I think I might be starting to weird out a couple of my friends with all the gifts I'm sending them though. NOTICE ME. :byodame:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

veedubfreak posted:

Why are you playing on a console like a savage.

Diablo with a controller is Good.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
C'mon, game.

Why you gotta be like that? :(

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

C'mon, game.

Why you gotta be like that? :(

That's a great weapon to remove the level requirement on and use to level new characters!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I guess I'll upgrade some rares maybe I'll get a Reilena's Shadowhook I can cube or som

:hawaaaafap:

So... what do I reroll to make it even more awesome for an Inarius build?

Edit: Basically is there a reroll calculator for 2h scythes?

Edit 2: Nevermind, apparently scythes are identical to 1h/2h axes. Good to know.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 15, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Been dicking around with the Necro and it really does feel like it's got several fun as gently caress builds. I was using a Bone Spear-based build with the Pestilence set, and it was basically "PRESS BUTTON WATCH poo poo EXPLODE", and then went to an Inarius-based Blood Armor/Corpse Lance build and it's even crazier.

Necros are cool and good.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Some dude on Reddit theorycrafted a necro build based on the Inarius set and the Death's Bargain pants, which basically involves stacking as much Life Per Second as possible to passively deal it as damage to all monsters around you, amplified by the 6-piece bonus.

It's not exactly suitable for GRs nor very efficient compared to other builds, but murdering stuff simply by being in its general vicinity is pretty amusing all the same.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Gonkish posted:

Been dicking around with the Necro and it really does feel like it's got several fun as gently caress builds. I was using a Bone Spear-based build with the Pestilence set, and it was basically "PRESS BUTTON WATCH poo poo EXPLODE", and then went to an Inarius-based Blood Armor/Corpse Lance build and it's even crazier.

Necros are cool and good.

Agreed, I like how there seems to be a variety of builds for necros that cater to different playstyles. I gotta say I'm really enjoying the Inarius/corpse lance build, it's powerful and fun as gently caress. You teleport right into the middle of everything, stun them with bone armor, reap their bodies with your badass scythe, then once a few die it turns into a snowball - of corpses - as you use corpse lance to rip the bones out of dead bodies to kill everything else. I don't even have optimized pieces and I was able to clear GR80 with ease. Soooo much fun, I feel like an angel of death.

Speaking of, that's about what my necro looks like:

I love pretty pretty (evil) princess in this game. :allears:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Hakarne posted:

I guess I'll upgrade some rares maybe I'll get a Reilena's Shadowhook I can cube or som

:hawaaaafap:

So... what do I reroll to make it even more awesome for an Inarius build?

Edit: Basically is there a reroll calculator for 2h scythes?

Edit 2: Nevermind, apparently scythes are identical to 1h/2h axes. Good to know.

All depends on build. If you're over 15k paragon, intelligence to cooldown reduction is probably a safe bet for blood lancer. Otherwise, attackspeed

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Here's my Necro:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Here's mine, with a halfass mixture of Inarius, Pestilence, and a few random Legendaries while i cobble together the pieces for the rest of Inarius:

And the current, goofy rear end build

Far from amazing, nowhere near optimum, but it's fun enough for right now. I'm really enjoying the combination of Bone Armor and Blood Nova to kill things down, and then the massive corpse lance storm you get from the 2 piece of Pestilence. Siphon Blood is also a really great Generator, to be honest. Heals as it damages, attacks pretty fast, and it builds up in power nicely if you're using the rune that increases damage the longer you use it, all on top of the Essence generation :v:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

murdering stuff simply by being in its general vicinity is pretty amusing all the same.

That's pretty much what Inarius is in T13. It may not be as fast as hitting buttons to make things explode, but you can literally just stand there and things will die to your storm + gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DrSeRRoD posted:

That's pretty much what Inarius is in T13. It may not be as fast as hitting buttons to make things explode, but you can literally just stand there and things will die to your storm + gems.

Is it lazier AND faster killing than a pet doctor? I like builds that can clear T13 without clicking buttons.